test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Heart of Fire Preview Patch Notes: NW.105.20180924a.1

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Known Issues
Professions Overhaul Stockpile Blocks Tutorial
Issue: When copying characters from the live server, in-progress Profession tasks take up stockpile slots. This prevents the player from advancing through the tutorial, because they cannot claim items from the stockpile until they have begun a gathering task, which cannot be begun if the player's stockpile is full.
Workaround: On the live server, claim all in-progress tasks on a character, then log out. Then copy the character to the preview server.

Server Rollback
The fix-up to bring characters up from the previous Profession system to the updated Professions Overhaul is now in place. In order to make this work smoothly, we had to roll Preview back to how it was on 2018-09-21, right before The Heart of Fire became available on the server.
As a result, all characters created on, or copied to, the server during this time will need to be re-created or re-copied. All progress made on the Acquisitions Incorporated campaign during the past week will be reverted, but there is now a pack in the Preview Only tab of the Wondrous Bazaar.

Retrieval Operational Error
The Feather Fall spell is currently broken in the quest, Retrieval Operation. We strongly recommend bringing Injury Kits into the quest, especially if you can't use a dodge / teleport power to avoid fall damage.

Highlights

Professions Fixes / Changes
Artisans and Adventurers
  • Malvina Mithralhand no longer has Recycle, which is irrelevant on Gathering tasks.
Profession Quests
  • All profession quests up to level 70 are complete.
  • A Clean Start: Fenella's name no longer incorrectly displays as Callum during this quest.
  • Lesson Learned: Various fixes have been made to the order and logic of certain objectives.
  • The player can no longer convince their retainer that they have appropriate Credit for their Facilities Upgrade quest even if they don't actually have the Credit.
  • The player can now turn in commissions to the Trade Company even if it would take them above the cap and cause them to lose Credit in the process.
Profession System Conversion
  • Characters who existed before the Profession Overhaul went live now properly have their items and progress converted to the new system.
  • Achievements now unlock at appropriate levels for the current scale of the Profession system.
  • Old mortars and philosopher's stones can now properly be exchanged for Asset Exchange credit.
  • Titles gained through leveling Leadership, Mailsmithing, Platesmithing, or Weaponsmithing can no longer be gained. Characters who already earned these titles will keep them.
  • New titles are now available, associated with Gathering, Armorsmithing, and Blacksmithing.
Profession Tasks
  • Artisans and Adventurers now gain increased experience points from tasks whenever their level is below the level of the profession they're associated with.
  • High-quality potions produced by Alchemists now grant more stats or heal for more than their standard counterparts.
  • Lots of fixes have been made to which tasks require which items, and new tasks have been added.
  • Reinforcement kits have not yet been added - check again in a later version!
Profession Workshop
  • Artisans should no longer have super funky pathing when going from place to place.
  • The dispatch board has updated art.
  • The player character no longer sits on the back of the chair while upgrading the workshop.
  • Various interactive objects now have unique floating indicators.
User Interface
  • Accidentally double-clicking the Craft button no longer crafts an item twice.
  • Artisans now show modifiers even if those modifiers are 0%.
    • Artisan modifiers can now have negative percentages, so instead of 150% on commission value resulting in a 50% increase in commission prices, tooltips will instead show a 50% commission multiplier.
  • Artisans now show their quality color when reviewing their applications at the Master's Desk.
  • Error tooltips now show gold values in gold, silver, and copper as appropriate, rather than just large numbers of copper.
  • In-progress tasks now show a tooltip about who and what are involved with the task.
  • Task filter settings are now reset to default upon the release of the updated Profession system, so that tasks aren't unexpectedly hidden because of previous filter settings.
  • Tasks are no longer filtered as having "unmet requirements" if the player has enough High Quality items and not enough standard quality items.
  • The "+1" overlay now appears over any item that's high quality, rather than just Resources.
  • The Craft button now consistently grays out when the player doesn't have enough gold to afford the commission cost.
  • The Space Bar and Enter keys now both function to collect crafting results.
  • The trade-in vendor for previous Assets and Resources now has a "Sell All" button for quick liquidation of obsolete objects.
  • There is now a footer in the Professions UI that shows the player character's current gold / silver / copper value.
  • Various error messages now properly appear when various Profession actions fail.

Release Notes

Content and Environment
Acquisitions Incorporated
  • A Campaign Currency pack has been added to the Preview Only store, so players can play through the Acquisitions Incorporated campaign more quickly.
  • Convention Infiltration: There is no longer a weird water tile floating above the map.
  • Lots of little (and some not-so-little) fixes have been made to Convention Infiltration, Re-Retrieval Operation, and Nobleman Extraction.
  • In-game mail is now sent to player characters when they reach a level that qualifies them for another step of the storyline.
  • The achievement, Fallen Feather Finder, can now be completed.
  • The Manycoins Bank Heist queue now has background art.
General
  • The pink circular indicators denoting dangerous zones in Chapter 3 of the Dwarven King quest line should finally, consistently, fully display.
  • Various cutscenes have been tweaked for timing.

Combat and Powers
Classes and Balance
  • Combat Advantage once again functions properly.
  • Control Wizard: Imprisonment no longer locks the player facing the same direction they were facing when they began the cast; instead, they face their target for the duration of the spell.
  • Location-targeted powers no longer have a chance to incorrectly affect the caster too.
Item Powers
  • Various item powers now have appropriate icons, tooltips, and visual FX.
  • Wand of Wonder: The darkness effect no longer affects the frame rate quite as much.
  • Wand of Wonder: This can no longer buff enemies.

User Interface
Auction
  • When removing a fashion item from the Auction House while that slot is empty on the character, it no longer bypasses the bind prompt to auto-equip to the character.
VIP
  • The "Profession Vendor" summon button now summons the vendor in front of the player character, rather than to the side.

Art, Animation, Audio, and Effects
Audio
  • Lots more voice-over has been implemented.
Character Art
  • Various occurrences of clipping armor on certain sizes of characters have been addressed.

Localization
General
  • The first French and German localization pass is now in the game.

Performance and Stability
General
  • Race Reroll no longer has a chance to crash the client.

---------------------------------
Before the edit on 2018-09-28 at 21:54 PM, this is what the original post said:

Patch notes coming within the next few hours!

Important notes beforehand:
  • Characters on this server are being rolled back to their state immediately prior to the Heart of Fire Preview release on 2018-09-21. This means new characters will disappear, but you can still copy characters freely from the Live shard.
    • Unless something goes terribly wrong with the Professions progression fix-up, this is the only planned rollback for Preview. Please keep in mind, though, that our Preview server (and Lurker, for our players in Russia) are subject to potential character wipes and rollbacks as needed.
  • Combat Advantage is fixed.
  • There are lots of various Professions fixes / updates, and some content fixes / updates.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Characters on this server are being rolled back to their state immediately prior to the Heart of Fire Preview release on 2018-09-21. This means new characters will disappear, but you can still copy characters freely from the Live shard.

oh no! everything is wiped?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Is the preview Shard up ?
    I cant log or copy characthers...
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2018
    Preview shard is currently updating. When it's back up, characters will be back to how they were a week ago, just before the server was updated that day. Kind of like going back in time, then moving forward to a new build.
    EDIT: Preview shard is updated and back up and running.

So, unfortunately, progress you've made in the Acquisitions Incorporated campaign will go back to the beginning, and you'll need to go through the Professions tutorial again if you've already seen it. On the plus side, I believe there's been a campaign currency pack added to the Preview Only tab of the Wondrous Bazaar, which allows you to catch up and advance farther in the campaign.
    Post edited by terramak on
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    I had a feeling there would have to be a rollback. Totally understood.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • blu3armyblu3army Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    terramak said:

Preview shard is currently updating. When it's back up, characters will be back to how they were a week ago, just before the server was updated that day. Kind of like going back in time, then moving forward to a new build.

So, unfortunately, progress you've made in the Acquisitions Incorporated campaign will go back to the beginning, and you'll need to go through the Professions tutorial again if you've already seen it. On the plus side, I believe there's been a campaign currency pack added to the Preview Only tab of the Wondrous Bazaar, which allows you to catch up and advance farther in the campaign.

edit: all cool Terry :+1:
    Post edited by blu3army on
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    You forgot to rollback the delivery boxes, everyone is stuck on the tutorials cuz the boxes are full!
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    the rollback should have just reverted the db before they applied the changes last week. At least thats how rollbacks generally work in most systems.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    No chance we can advance the campaign without involving Team HAMSTER? Because I'd choose that over just about every other option.
  • lordaeoloslordaeolos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    Unable to progress through the Tutorial Quest in professions. "Take Item From Delivery Chest" is not registered double clicking the item to remove, nor is it registering the "collect all" button
    "Lord Willow"
    Guild Leader: Mistaken Identity (formerly Midnight Express)
    My Twitch Stream
    See my Youtube Channel for guides and more

"Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events."
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    One of the questions I had from what I saw on preview was how to fill the "weekly haul" for the new campaign. It looked like you could only partially fill it before the offered quests went on a weekly cooldown.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    ya the delivery box is DOA...even on a toon I didn't use last week so its not that the box wasn't rolled back
    Also non of my characters have transferred yet that I wanted to test...think I will go to bed and see if things are working in the morning...
  • wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    valwryn said:

You forgot to rollback the delivery boxes, everyone is stuck on the tutorials cuz the boxes are full!

I'm not sure if it's the rolling back of the delivery box. I ran into this last time, I had uncollected items in the old profession loop that got stuffed into the box. You have to finish the quest line to gain access to the delivery box but the box being full wont let you start a gathering task which is part of the quest line. Catch 22. Either these items need to go into inventory at start up or we need access to the delivery box before completing the quest line.

Also we have a possible 9 items being stuffed into 5 boxes.

• valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    If you're using the same toon for professions as last week then you can't advance the quests cuz the box is still full. If you're using a new toon, you can't advance cuz the quest won't advance when ya remove stuff from the box.

.......can we just get a delivery donkey that strolls up to us wherever in the world?
    :)
    wlinaz said:

valwryn said:

I'm not sure if it's the rolling back of the delivery box. I ran into this last time, I had uncollected items in the old profession loop that got stuffed into the box. You have to finish the quest line to gain access to the delivery box but the box being full wont let you start a gathering task which is part of the quest line. Catch 22. Either these items need to go into inventory at start up or we need access to the delivery box before completing the quest line.

hmmm I wonder if thats why the characters won't transfer over too...lets me see
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    better yet make the items in teh delivery box stack. The idea is ok, but needs major rework, why not have delivery box for each profession ? Have a storehouse for the stuff the adventurers get. Get a runner boy to stock the shelves with the supplies. Any in cryptic ever work in a production warehouse environment ? The storage for needed items is like 1/10 to 1/5 the total space of the company. need to rethink the delivery box idea to match that.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Im not seeing where we make Kits for reinforcement for Armor or Jewelry...anyone else find it?
    twitch.tv/kaligold
    Doesn't look like they added them this week yet
    I checked w/ Asterdahl, reinforcement kits will be coming but aren't yet available.
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    This rollback was explicitly stated in the patch notes of the initial patch.

I also brought it up multiple times in the Professions feedback thread.

I think the devs are doing an awesome job, letting us see content in a more raw and unfinished form. Thank you for letting us provide feedback at an earlier stage in the process!
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @lowjohn said:
    > No chance we can advance the campaign without involving Team <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? Because I'd choose that over just about every other option.

They are involving that? Seriously poor taste for a game rated for Teens.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    terramak said:

I checked w/ Asterdahl, reinforcement kits will be coming but aren't yet available.

Why do I get the impression that something with these reinforcement kits is wrong?
    I am afraid that we will probably see them so late that we will not be able to react to a change that is unfavorable to us ;)
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    mushellka said:

terramak said:

Why do I get the impression that something with these reinforcement kits is wrong?
    I am afraid that we will probably see them so late that we will not be able to react to a change that is unfavorable to us ;)
    If by wrong you mean that you will have a normal quality and a high-quality version of the kits, then yeah, something will be wrong.

If you mean the devs have completely made a mess of it, then I think you are being a bit too pessimistic at this juncture. Have a little faith! =p
    Okey doke, patch notes updated. And yeah, I think it's just "haven't yet implemented the new version of the profession tasks" and I can't speak to whether or not the high-quality versions of the kits are implemented yet.

@pitshade That subject is not involved in any way in the game.
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    on the bright side - the auto crash when starting the launcher seems to be removed -- aka working correctly
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    This relates to live, but since it just seemingly occurred I presume it's related to HoF. I noticed that many merchants are now holding potion bottles in their "hawking" animation. Strangely, this also is the case for at least one Moonstone Mask greeter as well as Toover Unn in the Spellburst quest :lol:

I also noticed the subtle change to the Sage Shop banners. Now you've got me riding around looking for some other changes. And yet, the Neverwinter DoT still hasn't fixed Deekin Street!

Oh, and unavailable titles AFAIK will also apply to Black Ice Shaping (Chillwright).

Convention Infiltration: There is no longer a weird water tile floating above the map.

For a second I read this as "There is no longer a water weird floating above the map." Now that critter would be a blast from the past!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    what about the stronghold crates we can craft earlier. Are they up now?. As i see the new profession system is a huge gold sink. Well the commision costs be reduced?
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
  • misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User

Unable to progress through the Tutorial Quest in professions. "Take Item From Delivery Chest" is not registered double clicking the item to remove, nor is it registering the "collect all" button

Did you click inside the green box? I couldn't access the chest until I had progressed through the tutorial's green info boxes.

• athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    has the OP "you must equip a weapon" message on first load been fixed yet ?
This discussion has been closed.