Professions Overhaul Stockpile Blocks Tutorial
Issue: When copying characters from the live server, in-progress Profession tasks take up stockpile slots. This prevents the player from advancing through the tutorial, because they cannot claim items from the stockpile until they have begun a gathering task, which cannot be begun if the player's stockpile is full.
Workaround: On the live server, claim all in-progress tasks on a character, then log out. Then copy the character to the preview server.
The fix-up to bring characters up from the previous Profession system to the updated Professions Overhaul is now in place. In order to make this work smoothly, we had to roll Preview back to how it was on 2018-09-21, right before The Heart of Fire became available on the server.
As a result, all characters created on, or copied to, the server during this time will need to be re-created or re-copied. All progress made on the Acquisitions Incorporated campaign during the past week will be reverted, but there is now a pack in the Preview Only tab of the Wondrous Bazaar.
Retrieval Operational Error
The Feather Fall spell is currently broken in the quest, Retrieval Operation. We strongly recommend bringing Injury Kits into the quest, especially if you can't use a dodge / teleport power to avoid fall damage.HighlightsProfessions Fixes / Changes
Artisans and Adventurers
- Malvina Mithralhand no longer has Recycle, which is irrelevant on Gathering tasks.
- All profession quests up to level 70 are complete.
- A Clean Start: Fenella's name no longer incorrectly displays as Callum during this quest.
- Lesson Learned: Various fixes have been made to the order and logic of certain objectives.
- The player can no longer convince their retainer that they have appropriate Credit for their Facilities Upgrade quest even if they don't actually have the Credit.
- The player can now turn in commissions to the Trade Company even if it would take them above the cap and cause them to lose Credit in the process.
Profession System Conversion
- Characters who existed before the Profession Overhaul went live now properly have their items and progress converted to the new system.
- Achievements now unlock at appropriate levels for the current scale of the Profession system.
- Old mortars and philosopher's stones can now properly be exchanged for Asset Exchange credit.
- Titles gained through leveling Leadership, Mailsmithing, Platesmithing, or Weaponsmithing can no longer be gained. Characters who already earned these titles will keep them.
- New titles are now available, associated with Gathering, Armorsmithing, and Blacksmithing.
- Artisans and Adventurers now gain increased experience points from tasks whenever their level is below the level of the profession they're associated with.
- High-quality potions produced by Alchemists now grant more stats or heal for more than their standard counterparts.
- Lots of fixes have been made to which tasks require which items, and new tasks have been added.
- Reinforcement kits have not yet been added - check again in a later version!
- Artisans should no longer have super funky pathing when going from place to place.
- The dispatch board has updated art.
- The player character no longer sits on the back of the chair while upgrading the workshop.
- Various interactive objects now have unique floating indicators.
Release NotesContent and Environment
- Accidentally double-clicking the Craft button no longer crafts an item twice.
- Artisans now show modifiers even if those modifiers are 0%.
- Artisan modifiers can now have negative percentages, so instead of 150% on commission value resulting in a 50% increase in commission prices, tooltips will instead show a 50% commission multiplier.
- Artisans now show their quality color when reviewing their applications at the Master's Desk.
- Error tooltips now show gold values in gold, silver, and copper as appropriate, rather than just large numbers of copper.
- In-progress tasks now show a tooltip about who and what are involved with the task.
- Task filter settings are now reset to default upon the release of the updated Profession system, so that tasks aren't unexpectedly hidden because of previous filter settings.
- Tasks are no longer filtered as having "unmet requirements" if the player has enough High Quality items and not enough standard quality items.
- The "+1" overlay now appears over any item that's high quality, rather than just Resources.
- The Craft button now consistently grays out when the player doesn't have enough gold to afford the commission cost.
- The Space Bar and Enter keys now both function to collect crafting results.
- The trade-in vendor for previous Assets and Resources now has a "Sell All" button for quick liquidation of obsolete objects.
- There is now a footer in the Professions UI that shows the player character's current gold / silver / copper value.
- Various error messages now properly appear when various Profession actions fail.
- A Campaign Currency pack has been added to the Preview Only store, so players can play through the Acquisitions Incorporated campaign more quickly.
- Convention Infiltration: There is no longer a weird water tile floating above the map.
- Lots of little (and some not-so-little) fixes have been made to Convention Infiltration, Re-Retrieval Operation, and Nobleman Extraction.
- In-game mail is now sent to player characters when they reach a level that qualifies them for another step of the storyline.
- The achievement, Fallen Feather Finder, can now be completed.
- The Manycoins Bank Heist queue now has background art.
Combat and Powers
- The pink circular indicators denoting dangerous zones in Chapter 3 of the Dwarven King quest line should finally, consistently, fully display.
- Various cutscenes have been tweaked for timing.
Classes and Balance
- Combat Advantage once again functions properly.
- Control Wizard: Imprisonment no longer locks the player facing the same direction they were facing when they began the cast; instead, they face their target for the duration of the spell.
- Location-targeted powers no longer have a chance to incorrectly affect the caster too.
- Various item powers now have appropriate icons, tooltips, and visual FX.
- Wand of Wonder: The darkness effect no longer affects the frame rate quite as much.
- Wand of Wonder: This can no longer buff enemies.
- When removing a fashion item from the Auction House while that slot is empty on the character, it no longer bypasses the bind prompt to auto-equip to the character.
Art, Animation, Audio, and Effects
- The "Profession Vendor" summon button now summons the vendor in front of the player character, rather than to the side.
- Lots more voice-over has been implemented.
- Various occurrences of clipping armor on certain sizes of characters have been addressed.
Performance and Stability
- The first French and German localization pass is now in the game.
- Race Reroll no longer has a chance to crash the client.
---------------------------------Before the edit on 2018-09-28 at 21:54 PM, this is what the original post said:
Patch notes coming within the next few hours!
Important notes beforehand:
- Characters on this server are being rolled back to their state immediately prior to the Heart of Fire Preview release on 2018-09-21. This means new characters will disappear, but you can still copy characters freely from the Live shard.
- Unless something goes terribly wrong with the Professions progression fix-up, this is the only planned rollback for Preview. Please keep in mind, though, that our Preview server (and Lurker, for our players in Russia) are subject to potential character wipes and rollbacks as needed.
- Combat Advantage is fixed.
- There are lots of various Professions fixes / updates, and some content fixes / updates.