test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Refund for all VIP accounts, due to all the times server downtimes

Comments

• meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User

If you like Fantasy and want something that will keep you occupied for a while I recommend the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.

Thank you. I actually read some of the first book earlier this year, but then bought some new ones and it got forgotten in the tbr pile. I guess I'll give it a new try. I've heard it's really good when it gets going.
  • mccscottymccscotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    I would like to add i am in EU and down times effect me more, not asking to refund monies, but what about just given us the time as VIP back which we have lost, is that not reasonable, and honest thing that Cryptic, could do, we support the game as VIP and i know i don't have to but, but the benefits, how about move server downtime's to America prime time and see how us in the EU feel,

regards
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

is not Cryptics message. Will somebody ask?

its will be ~00:00 AM in East Europe when maintance will end. So i dont know will I got my key this time.

Also seems like tomorrow last day of Portobello company and I got only 3/4 of ivent scale.

Oh no!!! It's the invasion of the Siamese kittenz! Run!!! The cuteness! It BURNSSSSS!

You just have to read any game discussion board to know that if a game server goes down it is the end of the world. =)

You mean it's still there? I've been afraid to look :cold_sweat:
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    so what you're asking the company to do is make people work at night, pay them for overtime, just to accommodate people in Europe?? what about people in the orient, or people in the latin countries, or whoever else is able to play this game?? the company is based in the US, on the pacific coast, what you are asking for is ridiculous.......if this company was based in the UK, then the same problem would arise, if you can't figure out a time to log in and get your VIP key/scrolls in the 24 hrs before the reset then that is your problem, quit whining and complaining every time this game has to do maintenance........enjoy your evening B)
    meirami said:

kvet said:

If you want a recommendation for a good book, let me know :)

I'm not the topic starter, but I would love to have a book recommendation either way.

"The Aeronaut's Windlass" by Jim Butcher. Steampunk. Airships. Cats.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Or just go full Dresden Files.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • laurylyanlaurylyan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    meirami said:

kvet said:

If you want a recommendation for a good book, let me know :)

I'm not the topic starter, but I would love to have a book recommendation either way.

If you like some well written, well woven and complex stories here are some suggestions ;-)

A very good trilogy, not known enough (IMO) is "The Braided Path" by Chris Wooding:
    1. The Weavers of Saramyr
    2. The Skein of Lament
    3. The Ascendancy Veil
    Another one, very interesting and more complex, is Tad Williams' "Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn" serie:
    1. The Dragonbone Chair
    2. Stone of Farewell
    3. To Green Angel Tower, Part 1 & 2
    And one of my all time favourite, but again seldom known, is Ian Irvine's "Three Worlds Cycle" serie
    13 books in total, 2 quartets, a trilogy and a duology :-P
    More info about this serie here

Last but not least, David & Leigh Eddings' series... Totally different in style from the previous books, but just so funny and well written.
    Here I just can't make a choice between on one side "The Belgariad" and "The Malloreon" series (plus the prequels) and on the other side "The Elenium" and "The Tamuli" series.
    Not withstanding the standalone novel "The Redemption of Althalus", which any good TR should have read O:-)

And now you're set for quite some time and lots of good time ;-)

Robert Asprin's Myth series.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    greywynd said:

Do you actually read the forums or just pop in to complain? The posts are there from Julia and the moderators saying what the maintenance is for if you, you know, actually LOOK for them.

It is not a complaint. I'm just asking because I've read the extended schedule posts and some of the topics asking for reason and they didn't specify in them (or something obscure like "migration process.") Then there is that contradictory page on Arc. Maybe it was in initial thread that was before August?

I don't read the forums every day and these recent downtime affected me a lot more, so I came around a few times this month and did searches about this. I know it doesn't feel this way to you because you read the initial response, but for others, this is actually frustrating because all the other threads don't specify anything.

Nevermind, I should have realized it would anger someone to post an official page that was contradictory
    to their hearsay.

Post edited by lldt on
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    wow, geez, folks, sound like you are the greedier than guys in bean counters, demanding for loss hours.

do you all remember the day we first play, and "Signed" an agreements in EULA, the company has reserved the right to change or modified, or add upgrades, there is nothing we do. we all did signed.
    that EULA has a clause stating in any event, they have to shut down for maintience how ever long it takes, and they usually gave us advanced noticed for downtimes.

i hope moderators can explain so much better and they are more experienced than me and they keep in contact with devs and programmers. they can direct to EULA contract that we signed.

if there nothing to do, make time for cooking a dinner like you never done in ages, or play Total Wars to pass time while waiting, or rent a movie, or make surprise visit to socialized.

companies will do again for another hardware upgrades and these takes several hours or a day.
    i read one of good book, "Tigana" by Guy Gavriel Kay, he is historical-fantasy writer, he also wrote Fionawar Tapestry trilogy, started with Summer Tree, Wandering Fire, and Darkest Road.
    Kay also did some writing for the Tolkien estate on the books that Christopher Tolkien did.

You might also try The Lions of Al-Rassan by him.

I would also recommend The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. He has wrapped up the series a few years ago and started another in the same world with some of the secondary characters.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    I'd suggest a game update with a "7 days ViP rewards storage" tab added to the Rewards Claim Agent in PE.
    If we can't claim a daily ViP reward for whatever reasons, just let us get the rewards we've missed somewhere else...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User

d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    The servers were down for what? 8 hours? Let's say 8 hour, for simplicity sake.

1000 zen covers the 30 days of the month. So, 33.3333... for day. 11 for that 8 hour period. A whopping 5500 AD. BUT - did you claim your key? Your scrolls / dungeon keys? Use the signpost? Summon a mailbox? Get bonus rAD from salvaging? If so, you used your VIP during the day, and will be ineligible for any sort of refund.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    cdnbison said:

The servers were down for what? 8 hours? Let's say 8 hour, for simplicity sake.

1000 zen covers the 30 days of the month. So, 33.3333... for day. 11 for that 8 hour period. A whopping 5500 AD. BUT - did you claim your key? Your scrolls / dungeon keys? Use the signpost? Summon a mailbox? Get bonus rAD from salvaging? If so, you used your VIP during the day, and will be ineligible for any sort of refund.

When the server is down, you cannot do any VIP things you mentioned. If he could do anything you mentioned, he could claim the lockbox key too. To be fair, he was not asking for money refund. He asked for 8 hours of VIP time to add to his VIP (using your example). I know VIP using day as an unit. Hence, that is not doable without some change (which will not happen).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    yes, grey, i read that book too, love it, and did read few works on Tolkien co-op with christopher. i hadnt read any newer books in awhile. seem someone in my family misplaced my copy of Tigana, so i plan to get replacement soon.
    I've read what I could get my hands on. Enjoyed the Sarantine Mosaic.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    ROFLMAO Excuse me, did someone forget to read that part of the End User License Agreement (EULA)?

Your use of the Game and the Service are payable in advance and are not refundable, returnable or exchangeable in whole or in part. Your obligation to pay accrued charges and fees will survive any termination of the License.
    The Game software is the valuable property of Perfect World and its licensors and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. The Game software and documentation are provided to You solely in accordance with this Agreement and are licensed, not sold. This Agreement and the license rights provided to You hereunder are not a sale and do not transfer to You any title or ownership interest in or to the Game or to any other Intellectual Property Rights.

In a nutshell, you don't own the game, it just exists on your PC. You give them money they eat it, and can turn the game off when they want for as long as they want. I don't buy VIP and the few times I tried it, I paid for it with AD. I want to thank anyone who has spent cash on this game. Without your support over the past 5 years the game would not exist as it does.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    Thanks everyone for your recommendations. The first book of each series is now saved to a Goodreads list, except Storm Front and Althalus, which I've read and liked.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    I'm not remotely a company shill, but this has no merit.

EU players have a point about downtimes always being in their primetime. But there are many MMOs on EU or Asian timezones. You freely choose to play on a North American timezone server. You knew that before you bought any zen.

Maintenance times are a product quality improvement interruption of service.
    They are common in the industry.

Reference proof that Cryptic's downtimes exceed those of the average MMO, then you have an argument.

With all the legitimate beefs we have with this company, let's not waste our limited outrage points on a futile fight.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • knowfearx99#3107 knowfearx99 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    How many times per year do they give away "free 30 day vip"? I think I have gotten a few of them already and only been playing about 18 months. I think that more than "refunds" you.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    > @spunkmeier said:
    > The massive amount of downtime in this game is a pain in the backside. Something needs done about this as well.
    >
    > I am starting to agree with the OP though as these recent downtimes have been far too long. The yearly downtime during the times I can play will be about 400 hours in total and that is an awful lot of waste time.

I don't love the company or it's business decisions.
    But I do love arguments supported by quantifiable data.

There are 8760 hours in a year.
    So, assuming your 400h of maintenance is accurate, that is only ~4.6% of a year.

By your own admission, Neverwinter is up and running 95.4% of the year.

Please reference data showing Neverwinter's 95.4% uptime is far lower then the average FTP MMO, then you have a legitimate argument.

Ugh. I just defended Cryptic.
    😝
    I need a shower.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.

> @spunkmeier said:

> The massive amount of downtime in this game is a pain in the backside. Something needs done about this as well.

>

> I am starting to agree with the OP though as these recent downtimes have been far too long. The yearly downtime during the times I can play will be about 400 hours in total and that is an awful lot of waste time.

I don't love the company or it's business decisions.

But I do love arguments supported by quantifiable data.

There are 8760 hours in a year.

So, assuming your 400h of maintenance is accurate, that is only ~4.6% of a year.

By your own admission, Neverwinter is up and running 95.4% of the year.

Please reference data showing Neverwinter's 95.4% uptime is far lower then the average FTP MMO, then you have a legitimate argument.

Ugh. I just defended Cryptic.

😝

I need a shower.

WHew, I agree. Could you move down-wind, please?
    wylonus said:

i read one of good book, "Tigana" by Guy Gavriel Kay, he is historical-fantasy writer, he also wrote Fionawar Tapestry trilogy, started with Summer Tree, Wandering Fire, and Darkest Road.

Oh. My. Gawd. You only read ONE good book? You poor baby. Luckily, it is National Library month. You can get a free library card at your local library. I recommend (in no particular order):

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engel

Watership Down by Richard Adams

The Counte of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

The Strange Case of Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde by Robert Lewis Stevenson

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

Charlotte's Web by EB White

1984 by George Orwell

The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks

The Wixard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Leguin

Nine Princes In Amber by Roger Zelazny

Lord Foul's Bane by Stephen Donaldson

The Once and Future King by T.H. White

Alannah: the First Adventure by Tamora Pierce

The Colour of Magic by Sir Terry Pratchett (R.I.P)

There you go. That should keep you busy for a few months. Enjoy!