test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M15: Oathbound Paladin Class Changes

Comments

• majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    anoreksja said:

Could this "Relentless Avenger" encounter skill only knocking down all other foes instead reject around all other foes? During the dungeon trips, it irritates other players from party. Thanks.

Relentless Avenger should really only be used while soloing or in Boss fights for control and ap gain respectively. Outside of that it really is unwelcome and I wish folks would switch up when they go into group situations like dungeon runs or HEs.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
    Looks like with bane the animation can double cast but you only get one tick. Has anybody seen that?
    ~Shia~

Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    I'd also like to see Relentless Avenger just knock foes down instead of launching them everywhere. Keeping a tiny bit of knockback, like a couple feet, would be ok for appearances, but it's a great power that has always been completely unusable in group content.
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    i use it sometimes for hill climb in fbi for ap gain and in pvp to gapclose, knockback and apply SW it has its uses
    pterias said:

I'd also like to see Relentless Avenger just knock foes down instead of launching them everywhere. Keeping a tiny bit of knockback, like a couple feet, would be ok for appearances, but it's a great power that has always been completely unusable in group content.

It CAN be useful in boss fights in the intermediate dungeons (for damage and especially AP gain) if you have a weak group or if you're the last one standing everywhere else and refuse to go down. Other than that I don't slot it unless solo.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • g1krikg1krik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am glad for the increased damage output. Nice changes.
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    I was a bit surprise to not see a modification on OP Devo with Bane.
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
    Pls don't give them any ideas.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • gundogan#8204 gundogan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    > * Radiant Champion: Cooldown Reduction increased to 2/4/6/8/10% (up from 1/2/3/4/5%)

Thanks <3
    Post edited by gundogan#8204 on
  • disturbedboydisturbedboy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Any chance on aura of courage being fixed or reworded? Would be awesome if it worked off paladins hit points and all allies got extra damage from this as it states, but instead it currently works off each allies hit points and they get there own hit points as extra damage. Thanks
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    @tristan0304

Whad did you expected. OP was always a class easiest to play. At this point its quite enaugh if you just stick around a group for your auras and (important) to be able to cast Bane as much as posiible both on dps and bosses. Sure you can do few other things but those are in fact more or less irrelevant.

Dungeons runs are in general unrewarding so peoples try to blitz them in hope that if they gona make few attempts in a row they gona get something of value. Just imagine that dungeon run took 2 hours and you are getting flawless saphire out of it.
    The game composition force players to creating meta groups. Flaws in game mechanic makes tanking, CC and even healing not to important - heck even a dps is not important - buffs/debuffs seems to be only thing that counts. And OP is decent in both.

In short - dont blame players that they expect certain behaviours form OPs - state of the game demands it.
  • megasvassiliosmegasvassilios Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    @tristan0304

I feel you so so so much. That's the reason I refuse to play a bane-bot and of course a devotion OP.
    Really tried many times and it was boring every single time.
    But no need to call for nerfs I'm sure that there people that enjoy it or find groups because of it.
    And as long as there are jobs for protectors all good.
  • kalash42#2913 kalash42 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Why pally dont have a damage bonus on abilty score ? All other class have it
  • ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    looking forward to the dps boost and aura of solitude fix, good work.
    im actually the gwf carry
  • tepes#1182 tepes Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    @balanced#2849 The proposed revisions look mostly positive. I'm not a fan of the SS revisions, but I understand why it had to be done. A couple of thoughts (Which others have already inquired about):

1. Would it be possible to revise the effect of Relentless Avenger to a knock down? It's not completely useless in it's current state (FBI) however excluding limited examples, it has no place on OP's rotation due to the current effect.
    2. It would be great if Aura of Courage worked off of the OP's hit points.
    3. Regarding Aura of Solitude - does the planned revision also include friendly NPCs and other players (Grouped or not)? This could be a useful solo aura if it works as intended.
    4. Is it possible to add a hard taunt to the Oath of Protection path? While it is possible to gain aggro as is, it's difficult at times to pull aggro from a marked target (GF).

Thank you.
  • azaylin#1903 azaylin Member Posts: 24 Arc User

@balanced#2849 The proposed revisions look mostly positive. I'm not a fan of the SS revisions, but I understand why it had to be done. A couple of thoughts (Which others have already inquired about):

1. Would it be possible to revise the effect of Relentless Avenger to a knock down? It's not completely useless in it's current state (FBI) however excluding limited examples, it has no place on OP's rotation due to the current effect.
    2. It would be great if Aura of Courage worked off of the OP's hit points.
    3. Regarding Aura of Solitude - does the planned revision also include friendly NPCs and other players (Grouped or not)? This could be a useful solo aura if it works as intended.
    4. Is it possible to add a hard taunt to the Oath of Protection path? While it is possible to gain aggro as is, it's difficult at times to pull aggro from a marked target (GF).

Thank you.

1. I would love to see this. More of convenience than a balance.
    2. No... Right now works great you want to do more dmg as a class stack more hp's. Look to the way tacticiton GF's used to be they stacked huge piles of dmg resist to provide more dps via fray... That got nerfed to a fixed rate. Don't do this!
    3. Not sure if I care either way on this situational at best.
    4. We have great taunts. No need to fix. GF is a tank when they mark they are generating agro. This should be fixed on the GF side to allow them to not create agro if they wanna be a dps. But I think they are looking into making the gf an exclusive tank again and try to avoid two tank groups. Similar to the way they keep monkeying with DC's.

Thanks.
  • puzatropus#1989 puzatropus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Holy Barrier is better now, but 10% shield (pure Divine Call) is soo low, it will be good if you increase it.
  • anoreksjaanoreksja Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Revise the effect of "Relentless Avenger" is very important because currently the skill is almost useless. Using it causes more problems than utility and is negatively perceived by other players in party. Thanks.
    edited September 2018
    @tristan0304, The bane/bless combo is pretty much the only real value the devo op brings to endgame. Healing are for small spot heals and top offs, and damage is mainly from flat damage sources, but that's it. For everything else it makes more sense to run with a prot loadout for more damage, aggro, survivability and powershare. If you play a devo loadout and don't like bane. Don't slot it. Just don't expect too many invites to endgame content outside of your own guildies, alliance runs and friend's list.

@anoreksja - Uses for RA (w/knockback)

- Crowd control while soloing (Keeps you from getting swarmed and can focus on one at time) though BL is arguably a much better option except for the long charge time and longer cooldown.
    - DPS troll discouragement while on quests/tasks that don't give shared credit for kills and can be griefed (Folks tend to leave you alone after that if they don't have high enough burst to kill them all outright).
    - AP Generation (something like ~30% and higher) is the biggest one both soloing and groups in boss fights in Intermediate and leveling dungeons for near perma SoF and/or rapid fire DJ drops if HDPS is absent.

Uses for RA (w/o Knockback but knockdown)

- Same CC though again, BL might be a better choice except for the charge time and cooldown.
    - AP generation would likely increase given repeated use given its lower cooldown and instant cast time.
    - Useful in solo AND group play

So you would lose the undeclared/unofficial feature of keeping folks from taking advantage of your lower damage output but at the same time you'd probably get more use out of it. I'm fine with RA as is but I'm not opposed to changing the effect to a knockdown or a stun for say 4 sec but either way its FAR from useless. My two coppers.
    Post edited by majorcharvenak on
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    pterias said:

Personally I like exactly how it works now and its great for crowd control when soloing (I will sometimes run using this and have my companion set with the Battlerage dwarf doing it as well, its really kinda fun).

People do a LOT of things in group that they should not. With the new Aura of Solitude changes, how many OP's will just leave that on instead of switching out. Lazy.

• pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    anoreksja said:

Revise the effect of "Relentless Avenger" is very important because currently the skill is almost useless. Using it causes more problems than utility and is negatively perceived by other players in party. Thanks.

Totally disagree. It might not be useful in group but its a great solo power.
  • ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    it's a great solo power and great pvp power situationally. I'm not understanding the want to use it in pve group content when there are much more important powers that need to be slotted depending on your paragon, even if the suggested change to the knockback was in place.
    im actually the gwf carry
    edited September 2018

it's a great solo power and great pvp power situationally. I'm not understanding the want to use it in pve group content when there are much more important powers that need to be slotted depending on your paragon, even if the suggested change to the knockback was in place.

Not sure about Prot at endgame, but AP gain for SoF/DJ spam in intermediate level and (if boss is low on hp, everybody wipes and your the last one standing) advanced dungeons. For CoDG, ToNG and CR, you should be a bane/bless bot if Devo.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User

There is a widely accepted theory in the game coming from HDPS that they recieve an added bonus damage from having a Healadin place Bane on them as a buff and this theory is selfish and false. It is way more beneficial to the group for a Healadin to place Bane on the enemy that the group wants to die first in this priority order:
    1. Enemy Healer
    2. Enemy controler
    3. Boss or enemy with the most hit points.
    Placing Bane on a minion is a wasted buff. When a Healadin places bane on the enemy target the entire group gets the buff instead of just one dps.

you have no clue how buff/debuff works, dont spread false information