test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Refund for all VIP accounts, due to all the times server downtimes

mccscottymccscotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
To all people with VIP, I think its only fair that we get compensation, to our VIP accounts due to all the server down times, we are supporting the game, and given our monies for VIP service which over the last few months off server downtime's i haven't been able to play as much as i wanted, i understand that there are upgrades patches, but we pay for VIP, and for the times i have been unable to use my VIP service it is only fair that we get days added to our VIP, for our continuing commitment to the game, and i hope the developers see this, and act according, i am not asking for much, just for what we pay for continuing too support the game

Feel free to add your own thoughts and let the dev's know how we feel about this,

Regards

Comments

• akuarmotonakuarmoton Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Those maintenances are unfair to European players, like the one yesterday (25.9.), that lasted forever. It was dor ARC though, but still.
  • outs1dr#7273 outs1dr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    +1 for your refund idea. Seems like there's a maintenance again 14:00 - 23:00 central european time... Again, can't play the game when I'm off work. The amount of maintenances are just too much. And nothing changes, every dungeon is still lagging like they did before.
  • itzatecah#7972 itzatecah Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    +1 from me too. I got home at 14:15, maintenance started at 15:00 and it ends when its midnight here in Finland. Lost 2 days of playing already this week, and its only this week.
  • outs1dr#7273 outs1dr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    > @greywynd said:
    > +1 for your refund idea. Seems like there's a maintenance again 14:00 - 23:00 central european time... Again, can't play the game when I'm off work. The amount of maintenances are just too much. And nothing changes, every dungeon is still lagging like they did before.
    >
    > Try reading the reasons for the downtime. They're moving servers. No hardware to play on. No patches due today.
    >
    > As for lag, look to what you can affect first: reset your computer and your router.

I'm playing on a 500/100 mbps connection, high end PC build. Also got a programmer degree so I kind of know how to turn my computer on, sir. Yet where you do a megapull in msp's last area before third boss, boom - lag time (18.5k il OP here btw, megapulls are essential for efficiency).
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    is not Cryptics message. Will somebody ask?

its will be ~00:00 AM in East Europe when maintance will end. So i dont know will I got my key this time.

Also seems like tomorrow last day of Portobello company and I got only 3/4 of ivent scale.
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• itzatecah#7972 itzatecah Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    @polaris1986 If by key you mean the daily VIP then you have time to pick it until tomorrow 13:00 since you live in same time zone as me, the daily reset is always 13:00 in our zone
  • rodostorodosto Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2018

@polaris1986 If by key you mean the daily VIP then you have time to pick it until tomorrow 13:00 since you live in same time zone as me, the daily reset is always 13:00 in our zone

It's not just the keys... people need to do dailies, random queues, campaigns, and so on. There is just not enough time to do all. EU players is doomed because of that maintenance times.

Also i like when people see this as a high end character perspective. New players have no rights to play? Are they dont need to do campaigns, dailies etc. to get slightly ahead for progression?

The problem is when you do maintenance in EU times, US players are sleeping. When we sleep US players playing the game. Basically this is nerfing the EU players.
  • lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Try reading the reasons for the downtime. They're moving servers. No hardware to play on. No patches due today.

Where do they say this? Their official page on Arc states upgrades to network servers:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/10999993-arc-scheduled-maintenance-september-2018

Retiring old hardware and replacing with new is certainly a possibility. Maybe increasing capacity to accommodate MtG as well?

• brandemisbrandemis Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    There´s other games online you have to pay for the month, have maintenances, and the players are agreed without a any problem, VIP its optional, i disagree with this post, maintenances are necessary to keep the things going on.
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User

+1 for your refund idea. Seems like there's a maintenance again 14:00 - 23:00 central european time... Again, can't play the game when I'm off work. The amount of maintenances are just too much. And nothing changes, every dungeon is still lagging like they did before.

Maybe if you ask really nicely they will send you 34 ZEN for the day.
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I can understand that you don't want to lost your VIP keys, I can understand that you have a certain "time" that you want to play, but all mmo's have downtime and maintenance, some choose to close down the game for days instead of hours, they gave us a schedule at the beginning of the month and if it means that much to get your key than you had enough time to figure out when to log in on those few maintenance days.

"...people need to do dailies, random queues, campaigns, and so on. There is just not enough time to do all", it's not going to kill your progression to miss a day or two of not doing these things, nor will it kill you or your account to be a day or two behind, and an fyi nobody "needs" to do these things, you choose to do them.

this game is FTP, when a person "decides" to use real money to buy things (i.e. VIP), this does not "entitle" you to get compensation because YOU can't work around a maintenance schedule to get your "items", the downtime still allows everyone around the world to log in and collect their keys/scrolls, this mindset of "entitlement" is so beyond ridiculous, if you don't like how an mmo HAS to schedule their downtime for the game, there's a simple answer.....don't play it, otherwise work around it and when it's over you can go about your daily routine.

one last thing......if it's that detrimental to EU players regarding the maintenance schedule, since this is a game based in the US (I am constantly seeing this complaint), then maybe try finding a mmo that is based in Europe instead of the US, if you don't want to or can't, then you're stuck dealing with this company's (or any other) downtime and maintenance schedules....have a nice day B)
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    LOL I hear ya you lost your Key; so let's give free Legendary to everyone!
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • laimcelllaimcell Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    The fact that the game is not available for few hours is the last of the problems guys :)
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    edited September 2018

Are we really that thin-skinned nowadays that we can't deal with not being able to play a video game for a few hours while the developers look into a problem to make our experience better?

Yes. :D

Are we really that thin-skinned nowadays that we can't deal with not being able to play a video game for a few hours while the developers look into a problem to make our experience better?

Yes. :D
    ^^^This!
  • thegravelnome#9466 thegravelnome Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    (Sigh) I guess I kind of walked into that one didn't I? LOL thank you to my smart <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> friends for making me smile
    You just have to read any game discussion board to know that if a game server goes down it is the end of the world. =)
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    lldt said:

Where do they say this? Their official page on Arc states upgrades to network servers:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/10999993-arc-scheduled-maintenance-september-2018

Retiring old hardware and replacing with new is certainly a possibility. Maybe increasing capacity to accommodate MtG as well?

Do you actually read the forums or just pop in to complain? The posts are there from Julia and the moderators saying what the maintenance is for if you, you know, actually LOOK for them.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    What percentage of your gaming time is actually taken up by these maintenances? I am asking quite seriously here.
    If you are loosing a day a month, it's not really an issue. Things happen.
    If you are loosing 25% or more of your total available gaming time, then, yes, it may very well be an issue, at least for Subscribers. They payed for a service and are not getting it. For reference, that would be the equivalent of loosing practical access to the game for a week or more in a month.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Neverwinter doesn't have a subscription option.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • clandodge#2146 clandodge Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    rodosto said:

It's not just the keys... people need to do dailies, random queues, campaigns, and so on. There is just not enough time to do all. EU players is doomed because of that maintenance times.

Also i like when people see this as a high end character perspective. New players have no rights to play? Are they dont need to do campaigns, dailies etc. to get slightly ahead for progression?

The problem is when you do maintenance in EU times, US players are sleeping. When we sleep US players playing the game. Basically this is nerfing the EU players.
    US is not much better... I mean yes i do have time after work, but for example invoking is still a pain. I dont want to spend 4-5 hours every evening after work just trying to get my invoking done... cause down times here are 7a.m. to 4p.m. I work 8am-5pm. and usually go to sleep around 9pm-10pm. I also like to play other games and do other things not just neverwinter, but since the times are so limited i basically have to force myself to play neverwinter exactly during those hours... just so i can get invoking done everyday... especially last 2 days and tomorrow will prob be NW maintenance... meaning 3 days in a row with limited playing hours...
  • clandodge#2146 clandodge Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    brandemis said:

There´s other games online you have to pay for the month, have maintenances, and the players are agreed without a any problem, VIP its optional, i disagree with this post, maintenances are necessary to keep the things going on.

Maintenance is very important, but once a week for NW and now is the second day for server maintenance? and tomorrow will be NW maintenance... so 3 days in 1 week is a little excessive is all.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I'm not really sure what "fair" has to do with it, to be honest. We are not entitled to any sort of compensation and I wouldn't expect them to provide it. To be blunt here... it's just a game. Relax. Are you really that addicted to video games that you can't find something else to do with your time for a couple days? Heck, it's just one game, there's countless others out there you can occupy their time with. If you want a recommendation for a good book, let me know :)

https://www.arcgames.com/en/about/terms
    PWE said:

25. Interruption of Service

25.1 We reserve the right to interrupt the Service or any part thereof from time to time on a regularly scheduled basis or otherwise with or without prior notice in order to perform maintenance. You agree that we will not be liable for any interruption of the Service or any part thereof, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.

25.2 You acknowledge that the Service or any part thereof may be interrupted for reasons beyond our control, and we cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the Service whenever you may wish to do so. We shall not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.

25.3 We have the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Service as we see fit in our sole discretion.

25. 4 We are not obligated to refund all or any portion of any Account fee (if any), by reason of any interruption of the Service by reason of any of the circumstances described in paragraphs 25.1, 25.2.

• meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    kvet said:

If you want a recommendation for a good book, let me know :)

I'm not the topic starter, but I would love to have a book recommendation either way.

meirami said:

kvet said:

If you want a recommendation for a good book, let me know :)

I'm not the topic starter, but I would love to have a book recommendation either way.

If you like Fantasy and want something that will keep you occupied for a while I recommend the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Wheel of Time is very good - it was finished off by Brandon Sanderson which brings me to... The Stormlight Archives. These are amazingly good books. The series is unfinished, but the first three books are out and they are enthralling. Very complex though, but not nearly as... er... visceral... as the Song of Fire and Ice books (which are good too). Stormlight Archives are, however, not simple reads, but unlike Fire and Ice, are suitable for younger readers provided they're able to wrap their heads around the story.