test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DRUID

zynk0zynk0 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11001023

Walnut Dankgrass (the k is silent) – Member of the “C” Team (aka Amy Falcone)

Proof of growth opportunities* within Acquisitions Incorporated, this DRUID will be your first point of contact when further pursuing potential employment prospects. While friend to all living creatures, Walnut takes her role within the organization seriously and sometimes you need to eliminate the competition. Some have called her love of paperwork unnatural but they would be wrong.

*Dependent upon survival

Is this a hint??????????

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    The devs have confirmed that there will not be any new classes this year. But we can always hope for next year!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    There are already druids in the game. Why would a new one be a hint?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    Every goddamm time without fail someone mentions a druid as an NPC and someone makes this thread.
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

But we can always hope for next year!

yeah but no
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    jade1280 said:

Every goddamm time without fail someone mentions a druid as an NPC and someone makes this thread.

#YADT (Yet Another Druid Thread)
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Archdruid Morningdawn have been in the game how long now? I think she was the first NPC druid we got. Wasn't a hint then, very doubtful to be now. I'd love to get the druid as a player class but these threads are getting annoying.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    zynk0 said:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11001023

Proof of growth opportunities* within Acquisitions Incorporated, this DRUID will be your first point of contact when further pursuing potential employment prospects. While friend to all living creatures, Walnut takes her role within the organization seriously and sometimes you need to eliminate the competition. Some have called her love of paperwork unnatural but they would be wrong.

*Dependent upon survival

Is this a hint??????????

Monks rule. Druids drool.
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    So not holding my breath.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    They sold me a load of character slots on false pretences that there were going to be more classes, I still have them waiting, probably will still have them when I leave this game,
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Swordmage fanclub...? Anyone?

PS. There are tons of druid npcs in this game.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

But we can always hope for next year!

Last new class - OP - released with Mod 6 in April of 2015.

"Maybe next year" rings a tad hollow at this point.

The ongoing effort to achieve 'class balance' will never, ever end, with or without new classes. Because it's not just about the classes, it's how they interact with all of the other gear, boons, enchantments, mount and companion bonuses that impact gameplay - and those are always going to be changing.

Just put the monk, druid and bard classes out there already, all at once - THEN go back to tweaking and nerfing in the name of class balance.
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    and that was when the "old" dev team was still here before the big exit, before mod 6 was released lol
  • menkharmenkhar Member Posts: 9 Arc User

Swordmage fanclub...? Anyone?

PS. There are tons of druid npcs in this game.

I personally would love a true swordmage (or variants like Bladesingers [think melee/magic with spell shield, with use of Regeneration as the prime stat for shield] and Eldritch Knights [more warriors who just happen to use magic, so more DPS oriented] -- the latter are already enemy mobs in Cloaked Ascendency).

I do like the idea of an "angry" druid player character that can imbue lightning onto a staff (with chain lightning effects like that of the Lightning weapon enchant), and summon a big AOE "lightning cloud" that does tons of lightning strikes that also synergize/sync with the lightning from said staff ... would be a lot of fun.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    menkhar said:

I do like the idea of an "angry" druid player character that can imbue lightning onto a staff (with chain lightning effects like that of the Lightning weapon enchant), and summon a big AOE "lightning cloud" that does tons of lightning strikes that also synergize/sync with the lightning from said staff ... would be a lot of fun.

Both the CW and HR do lightning with the HR doing lightning cloud. More lightning? And the HR does plant growth kinda things. About the only things I can think that druids would bring is turning into a bear and attack or summoning swarms.

Its not that I think druid powers are not cool, I think Cryptic screw up other classes and "stole" the druid's thunder (pun intended). Just about all the powers and abilities are all screwed up in NW. Even the cleric is not right in that they are typically armored frontline characters with maces bashing heads in right along with fighters. Frankly the game has no real "mage", what they have is an elementalist with a few mage powers like magic missile and disintegrate thrown in.

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    zynk0 said:

Proof of growth opportunities* within Acquisitions Incorporated

OMG I think he's on to something! Hidden messages everywhere
  • constantmule#4943 constantmule Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    i doubt we ever get any new classes honestly.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I hope we do Constantmule. What I believe happened was those working on the druid were layed off around the time Mod six was released. https://massivelyop.com/2015/03/17/cryptic-layoffs-alone-totaled-18-people/ Half of Neverwinters Staff got layed off. This is why we have not seen any class or new race for so long. Since its been three years almost going onto four, I hope they do have the people in there now to work on the coding and finally hopefully be able to add in bard and druid.
  • anesadinganesading Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    > @kreatyve said:
    > The devs have confirmed that there will not be any new classes this year. But we can always hope for next year!

This year meaning 2018 or do you mean 2019 too?

It will bring in new and old players, its a win for them. The leveling brackets will also be active again.
  • eshkull#7182 eshkull Member Posts: 71 Arc User

zynk0 said:

Proof of growth opportunities* within Acquisitions Incorporated

OMG I think he's on to something! Hidden messages everywhere
    Really? I hope you're joking. I don't want another tree hugger hippie class to add to my, already too many toons played (up to 63 atm)