I wanted to share my views on the Neverwinter community and moderation. I often times used to hear about how negative feedback or messages are not allowed on the forum. Having experienced it for over a month, that is absolutely not the case. There are some issues causing this perception though.
- People notice only when things are moderated, and those quite likely end up being negative. All unmoderated negative feedback is never paid attention to when arriving at such a point of view.
- The feedback, often times, is mixed with other emotions and this is where most issues arise. Instead of saying "This is very irritating and should be changed." people go "Which HAMSTER came up with this idea? This HAMSTER absolutely HAAAAAAAMSTER! H-A-M-S-T-E-R!!!" which obviously isn't very nice.
- Having seen things, there are three common causes for posts being moderated:-
- Flaming/Trolling/Bashing. All this does is aggravate others and is absolutely pointless. If you disagree with something, try to put forth a polite argument that cannot be disagreed with. If somebody is not being reasonable, just leave them be. They and the others know the facts.
- Discussing Moderation. This, again is not helpful. The post has been removed for a reason (likely one of these). If you disagree with the reason, talk to the community team. Other players cannot help with that. All you could possibly seek to achieve by doing this is the previous point.
- Discussing Exploits and Repercussions. This also isn't of any use. The dev/community teams have no influence on Customer Support (they don't even work for the same company). All this could do is pool together anger (ofcourse you won't be happy with what had happened). So, take up these issues with the Customer Support.
It might be just a single post for you but having to try and go through hundreds of them is tiring to say the least. If you could be calm and keep the above mentioned things (along with the other rules, but those are less likely to be an issue) in mind while clicking that post button, we'll be happy to keep it as is. And finally, show some basic courtesy and don't make people regret expressing their opinions (I'd appreciate it if you don't make me regret this post either
This will probably change nothing, but thanks for reading.Mod edit: While your general comments on this are welcome (until the 28th), please keep in mind, all the rules still apply.