test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Professions Overhaul

Comments

• flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    feedback : observed something interesting today that correlated with my forming opinion about the new crafting system

to gather copper ore costs 22 copper coins
    to buy copper ore costs 20 copper coins

it really appears that gathering is a resource consuming process

costs more than buying, requires an artisan to gather the item and occupies a delivery slot in the workshop

in other words

loss, loss, loss

no redeeming values
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    Hey everyone! I'm happy to see that a lot of you got a chance to check out the new professions system over the weekend. I watched a few streams over the weekend, but was mostly focused on getting a lot of the details finalized on incomplete elements and known issues I've already mentioned in the thread.

I did not take any time to stay up to date on this thread, or respond over the weekend and appreciate your patience. I will be going through the thread however, and responding to questions in the order that they were received.

Please note, that if I don't answer your question, it's likely because I've already answered it, or another user has. That said, there are obviously quite a few posts in this thread, if you feel I missed an important question you asked, and you don't see another answer to it, feel free to re-post the question.

asterdahl said:

meirami said:

Question: Will armor reinforcements still be craftable (preferably without masterwork)?

Yes.
    I would like to know if the components required to create Armor Kits: the Unified Elements and Aggregate Elements introduced with Elemental Evil module will continue to be in the Alchemy profession.

Thank you for your work, it's been a long time I'm waiting for a rework of the profession system.
    Elemental resources will be available for exchange like all other professions materials. (They are currently not able to be exchanged on preview.) That being said, alchemy will still have plenty of recipes that are used by other professions. The concept of creating processed materials that will be used by other professions is a core part of the new system, as opposed to the occasional exception in the old non-masterwork recipes.

How rare are going to be the legendary tools in this new mod? Very scarce as they are in the live server right now or are they going to be more common? Are we going to be able to craft them or are they going to be only rare drops from lockboxes?

Also, considering that it is an overhaul of the whole crafting system, is there anything new but different compared to that we are already able to craft right now? I mean, we know that we are going to be able to craft armor pieces, weapons, reinforcement kits, jewelry, etc, but is there anything completely unexpected maybe companion items i.e?

Finally, a quick one regarding to black ice: what will happen specifically to the epic pick that we bought from the zen market? Are we going to be able to trade it for another zen market tool that will come with the new module?

The legendary tools will continue to be very rare, but it will be possible to craft tools that are somewhat more comparable to legendary tools with rare materials. We hope to have legendary tools and the forgehammer integrated for the next preview update.

In regards to the black ice pick: black ice will still exist, be a part of the Icewind Dale campaign and be exchangeable at the forge, so the pick won't go anywhere.
    arod7932 said:

Will Reinforcement kits still cost 100k AD?

Armor kits will cost the same or less astral diamonds. We are still making the final adjustments but hope to have them available on preview soon.

I'm still a bit confused regarding Leadership. If Leadership is being changed to Gathering, but Gathering will be leveled according to your highest level profession (and let us assume that one has an additional profession to Leadership already leveled to 25), what then happens to the time invested in Leadership? Is that just lost?

Also, will we be able log our characters out in the Professions Shop for faster load times?

asterdahl said:

Your leadership level will convert directly to an equivalent level in gathering. Level 25 leadership for instance, will be converted to level 70 gathering (the maximum level.)

asterdahl said:

Because gathering is now an important part of all professions, and anyone would naturally have leveled gathering alongside their crafting profession in the new system, we will be granting everyone a gathering level equal to their maximum profession level.

With the new system, most players will generally level gathering alongside their crafting profession unless they wish to buy all the materials themselves. Because this is such a dramatic change from the current system where gathering is integrated into each profession, we are giving all existing players the benefit of the doubt that they would have leveled gathering alongside their crafting profession.

This does mean that in some way, if you happen to have a crafting profession and leadership leveled, that you could look at the time invested in leadership as "time wasted." However, you have also presumably benefited from having leadership leveled on live up until this point. We hope that you can understand why we are granting gathering levels to players who have not leveled leadership.

• seveninchbladeseveninchblade Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    I don't know if it fully qualifies as a bug, but the new professions window causes a dramatic FPS loss. I consistently run between 50-60 frames, apart from dragon runs and Tyrant BHEs which might drop me into the 40s. Opening the professions window, whether through the bench or by pressing "N", instantly drops my frames to the low 20s.

Charisma was my dump stat.
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2018

feedback : observed something interesting today that correlated with my forming opinion about the new crafting system

to gather copper ore costs 22 copper coins
    to buy copper ore costs 20 copper coins

it really appears that gathering is a resource consuming process

costs more than buying, requires an artisan to gather the item and occupies a delivery slot in the workshop

in other words

loss, loss, loss

no redeeming values

Gathering copper does cost you 22 copper...but you get 12 ore. That is less than 2 copper per ore.

Or you spend more than 10 times as much per ore....buy one copper ore for 20 copper.

What is the issue with this?
    Post edited by onodrain on
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    Can ya add all of the Masterwork resources to that Top Secret Worn Toolbox?

Also, Charcoal is part of some recipes. It wasn't traded in and not sold by the resource merchant except by the Temporary SH merchants
  • codetellercodeteller Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    feedback of various and sundry sorts

having to wait for the gatherer to return on the first quest is really annoying. If one is going to have to do this on multiple characters having to wait those few minutes each time can be frustrating. I know it's just 3 minutes, but what if you only have slow (50%) gatherers.

having leadership transfer to nothing special, well, sucks. I know we had it on live, but I've only had leadership for less that 3 months, since I only started in July. I focused on it, and now, yeah, it's wasted.

on the inventory with the materials. could we get a filter of some sort. either by rarity (green/blue/ purple/useless/common) and /or with a search filter, ie you put in 'ingot' in lists all those

could we have search for recipes look for material involved? sometimes you get a drop and you want to know what you make with it.

having all tiers of a person asset tranfer to be equally valuable in the exchange system stinks. why is my mercenary worth as much as my footman or guard?

• codetellercodeteller Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    bugs of various and sundry sorts

maps, bills of sales, marks of gratitude, and probably other leadership items still have their own description and no exchange value that I could see

the character had multiple professions, after they transferred over, only leadership had come across, all the other skills were unlearned with no levels.

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Make something new that players will actually all want to buy sell and craft ..so far there is nothing new of any value at all to make ...the devs must figure months down the road when you have everything upgraded and unlocked all bugs should be iron ned out with professions etc .... as it stands now the system is a mish mash broken pre alpha it seems

+400 armor kits and +400 action points kits craftable etc including the old +200 ones which can still be made

would be a good ad and gold sink as well

unique crafable é upgradable mount insignias and bonuses as well would also be a good idea
    as something fun that all would want for crafting ... ring of shrinking ring of enlargement etc ring of turning into an animal or shape changing etc

where is all that extra adorable pet stuff that is in the code but was never released
    ( a dev posted on this a couple years back that he made extra adorable companion ;lockbox gear but it was never used )

let the players craft extra delivery slots or worker slots as well
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    I do agree that companion gear is one area where crafting could be super useful. Generally speaking, gear gets cycled out of effectiveness every module, so crafting gear is sort of a fool's errand. But things that don't use up the normal "slots" work fine, like companion gear, insignias, reinforcement kits, and so forth.

Not to mention transmutes, obviously.
  • huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    wylonus said:

4. Challenges of the Gods.
    i beleive that event need a complete overhaul, other challenges that need you to be at 50% or less health, that seem almost impossible due to high skill recovery,

You don't have to do every challenge, and they are offered enough that skipping the ones you don't like isn't an issue.

Not sure what it has to do with the crafting changes.

agilesto said:

I'm confused: weren't we supposed to be lvl 70 on profession in M15 if we were lvl 25 in live? I have all prof at 25 on live for years, and I'm lvl 35 for all of them on preview.

As stated in the known issues and earlier in this thread, the fixup that will be converting everyone's levels was not ready for the initial preview build. I apologize for any confusion this may cause, and ensure you that on live your level will be properly adjusted. We will also be testing the fixup on preview in the coming weeks.
    onodrain said:

Upgraded one of my professions to level 70. Did all the quests available. Upgrading the workshop with the profession level 60 quest is not working as intended. I get the box for the upgrade. The box is in my key inventory. But it does not allow me to upgrade the workshop.

My level 25 mailsmithing did not equate to anything. Armorsmith profession XP is set to 0

Clicking multiple times to buy one crafting resource is beyond tedious. Please allow us to buy multiples of all the crafting resources.

Thank you for the reports. The mailsmithing not equating to armorsmithing XP is part of the aforementioned fixup that was not included in this initial build. Additionally, having to buy one resource at a time from the professions vendor and material exchange is a known issue and will be resolved in a future build before the update goes live.

micky1p00 said:

RESOURCES BAG SIZE

Can't do anything, it is all full + overflow, can't craft anything

Edit: I've traded some of the old stuff, so room for now, but by the list of resources and tools.. Will need more room

Yea, this is a major problem. Either the bag needs to be much bigger or we need to have the old stuff the system no longer uses removed. I'd toss the out of date stuff myself ... but I have no idea which of these resources are going to be needed and which not.
    Your retainer should mention this in game, but please feel free to sit on the exchange currency for as long as you'd like until you know what you want to spend it on. Additionally, do not hesitate to exchange your old materials as they will not have additional uses. Finally, although you should feel comfortable sitting on your exchange currency until you know what you want to spend it on, once the update goes live we will not be adding additional items to the exchange, so do not feel the need to sit on any currency.

(That being said, we absolutely will be adding a few more items to the exchange between now and live.)

In regards to bag size, we are looking into possible adjustments.

Running a workshop bugged can't accept applicants and thus can't continue on with it also when after hiring the one person it put me into this screen thing that forced me to quit the game because the cutscene screen would not go away. This needs to be fixed as well.
    For a more detailed explanation
    When you go to the desk and sit down, you have four applicates you have to accept or deny but its saying must finish tutorial and won't allow you to accept or deny any of them.
    I didn't get a book that allowed you to access the former menu where you tasks are now on live. Which might be the problem this bug prevents you from getting it thus can't continue on with professions

Thank you for the report, I apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused. We are currently unaware of such an issue and have been unable to reproduce this internally. If anyone who has encountered similar issues can provide additional information, or if you are stuck permanently in this state can provide your character's name on the preview shard, that would be tremendously helpful.

The Tinkerer's Training Manual used up as supplement does not provide bonus XP to the artisan (nor to the player character). Tested on Alchemy/Linseed Oil production.

Thanks for the report! The build that went out had some unfortunate math issues with commission time, commission cost and XP multipliers. These should be fixed in the next preview build.

What about reinforcement kits? I don't see them anywhere.
    Unless they were moved to MW i dont get it :D

There are a number of recipes that are not available in the current build but will be available in a future preview build and on live. The list is basically, everything that will be brought over wholesale into the new system from the old system (outside of masterwork) which includes professions kits and stronghold furniture. I apologize that these items are currently unavailable on preview.
    szerevax said:

Can't upgrade workshop to 3 lvl. I get Workshop Upgrade Supplies item from quest (fill commission to 500000) but option to upgrade not available from desk( button not working). Npc Clement say option is Righr, I'll go start the upgrade.

The entire professions quest line will be available in the next preview build, including upgrading the workshop to ranks 3 and 4.
    brewald said:

Currently, only olds npc are transmuted to tickets and we use them to buy new tools.
    We hoped to trade npc for npc and tools for tools.
    All tools are grey or white, the only difference we see is the price and the name, we'd like to see purples, blue, green and why not orange for legendary tools.

Lot of recipes are missing like recipes between lvl 40 and 70, and of course mastercraft

In regards to missing recipes: some of the default settings for hiding high level recipes and disabling recipes for which you currently do not meet the requirements were incorrectly transferred over from the old system, and we will be addressing this in the next preview build. Please try adjusting the settings and let me know if you still cannot see the recipes between level 40 and 70, thank you!

In regards to trading artisans for artisans, we are currently examining the exact manner in which you will be able to exchange your artisans, and the exact rate of exchange, as artisans in the new system are significantly more valuable. As we were working out some technical details with artisans at the time of the release, as well as the exact exchange rate, we opted to hold back the exchange.
    kvet said:

As someone that had the alt army with 20 toons at 25 leadership and 9 open slots, this change will definitely effect me. While I think the process is a little clunky and will definitely be unworkable across my alts, I'm OK with it. Change is good.

I wasn't able to figure out how to get the sending stones or do the Box for Knox quest, and the UI is pretty glitchy.

Also, Alchemy assets are not included in the buy-back program...

Is our choice of Retainer permanent? If we can fire artisans, why can't we fire the retainer and bring on a new one?

We understand that some people may desire to change their choice of retainer but will not be able to provide this option at launch, so please make your choice carefully. That's not to say we'll never add the ability to do so.
    eugeeco said:

I was unable to sell enough Black Ink to the South Sea Trading Company to reach 500K. I got to 498300, and then it wouldn't let me sell more, claiming I couldn't have more of that currency. (2100 from the Black Ink would have put me over 500K.) I was able to just spend 1700 AD to reach 500K. Even after completing the quest with the landlord, I still wasn't able to go over 500K currency. Now when I talk to Clement, he tells me to go upgrade the Workshop to level 3, but the option is greyed out at the desk.

I apologize for the inconvenience, the issue with the South Sea Trading Company commission store will be resolved in the next preview update.
    mirlegris said:

asterdahl said:

RE: Jewelcrafting: We have no plans for any current or future profession items to be bind on pickup. This runs counter to the entire goal of the professions, so we won't be having items like this any longer.

I just crafted 2 low level blue rings and they are bound to character.

Bound items are the Great Evil. Please, make all craftables items Bound to Equip.
    These are absolutely bugs, and will be fixed before launch.

I'm unable to progress in the workship level 3 upgrade. I collected the 500k credit and came back to see the NPC tell me to start the upgrade, but the button is still greyed out at my desk. Clicking on it does nothing.

Also in the preceding stage, 500k credit it the precise maximum the game iwll allow you to have, and it won't let you sell anything that would take you over that limit, so I had to spend AD to buy credit to finish off the amount.

Gathering Bug: Nettles do not fall under any of the specific categories, they should probably be under "substance". Currently you can only find them under "all".

Personally I think the delivery box is far too small. I currently have 3 gathering tasks and 3 crafting tasks running, so immediately 6 of my 17 slots are reserved, once those tasks complete my box will rapidly fill up. Realistically if it stays like this I could never leave the workshop untended and do normal adventuring because I would have to return to empty the box too often.

Secondly, the sale value for created items is nonsense, they cost more gold to make than they are worth.

In regards to delivery box slots, we are still making adjustments so the number may change.

When reviewing new applications, it would be nice to have the ability to scroll through each applicant. If i only have space for two more artisans, but I have 5 applicants, I would like to review each applicant before deciding on who to accept.

We have no plans to allow scrolling through applicants at this time. You do, however, have the ability to fire any applicant immediately should the next applicant prove superior.

I do not see where it tells me how much experience a recipe grants.

Not until the recipe is completed.

Currently recipe experience is formulaically based on the level of the recipe and the number of materials required. As experience is predictable in this manner, we decided no to display the experience earned in order to reduce the amount of information conveyed in an already busy interface.

(For those wondering, number of sub-materials, or the number materials used to create the materials for a recipe do not factor into the experience granted.)

Hi when you dismiss an artisan ,its permanent . So does this mean we cant reassign???
    I dismiss 4 of my artisans then they are gone. Not sure if this is a bugged or intended design.. Please help

Dismissing an artisan is not the same as canceling a task. When you dismiss an artisan they are discharged from your service and cannot be regained unless they apply to the workshop again. Even then, they will not return with the amount of experience points or levels they had when they were dismissed.
    mirlegris said:

-Only be able to launch 3 crafting tasks, and 3 gathering task is not a good thing when old system let us launch 9 tasks when all slots are unlocked. Does other slots will be unlocked in the future ?
    -Artisans applications and quality/number/choice feel like it will be hided behind a paywall (zen) with a lot of RNG involved.

While we understand that the number of slots is likely to be a point of contention, please keep in mind that with morale provided each day allowing for a large number of free instant tasks, the total number of tasks you should be able to complete has, in most cases, risen.

Overall, we intend for the new system to have longer periods of hands on and much longer periods of hands off, without needing to be micromanaged excessively. As such, we will be making further adjustments to task length and looking into the size of the delivery box.
    mirlegris said:

-400-410 blue pieces of gear craftable at level 70 are a joke, out of pleasant skins for few of them, they are worse than current blue gear looted from mobs in a stats point of view.

The item level of equipment on preview is not final. Although I am not ready to share the final item levels at this time, the normal quality level 70 crafted equipment will match or exceed the item level of the Vistani equipment granted in the opening quests of the Ravenloft campaign. The high-quality versions of that equipment will exceed the item level of Vistani equipment.

At the same time, I would like to discuss masterwork equipment, as I am sure there is significant speculation about how and if those items will be adjusted. In the current preview build, there are no high-quality results for masterwork recipes, however, high-quality results will be possible. Additionally, there will be adjustments to the focus and proficiency values on those recipes, as well as the introduction of tools cartable by masterwork recipes.

In the past, we have received a number of requests for the item level of masterwork recipes to be adjusted with each update. Whenever I took the time to respond to these inquiries, I always indicated clearly that higher level masterwork items would become available only in cases where new recipes were added, and that we do not wish to set a precedent of increasing the item level on existing equipment for various reasons. We avoid doing so except under extreme circumstances.

With all of that said, given the nature of these overhauls and the fact that basic level 70 crafted equipment will now exceed the potency of most masterwork items, we will be adjusting the item level of masterwork recipes such that there is a sensible progression for crafted recipes. That is to say, all masterwork equipment will have its item levels increased accordingly, with those items produced by the volume II recipe book exceeding those of the basic level 70 recipe's high-quality results, and volumes III and V equipment being increased further, accordingly.

We debated on whether to make these adjustments to existing masterwork equipment, or to provide new items, and have decided to make these adjustments such that it affects existing masterwork equipment. Once the release goes live, all masterwork equipment's item levels will increase. For exact item levels, please stay tuned to preview.

Please keep in mind that none of the existing masterwork items will be converted over to the high-quality or "+1" versions of the masterwork equipment that it will be possible to create after the update. Additionally, we will not be returning any masterwork equipment that has been salvaged, donated to a stronghold or otherwise destroyed.

Tools: How do we get better tools? Do we make them? Are they Zen market items? I also noticed that Alchemy always used the Worm Alembic even though I have a Masterwork one.

Commission cost: in the tutorial, the task defaulted to as many as possible, but I didn't know what impact that would have on gathering time or on commission cost. Are costs payable only when you collect or periodically as items are gathered, for instance? Do items arrive one at a time when you tell them to collect as many as possible, or only periodically?

Tools are crafted or can be purchased (at least low level tools) from the professions supplier. In order to not inundate new players with excessive amounts of information in the tutorial, a number of these questions will be added in a Q&A type format to your retainer's dialog.

In regards to orders set to repeat indefinitely, these can be canceled at any time by clicking "view current tasks" in the associated menu (dispatch board or worktable.) They will otherwise continue as individual tasks, checking at the start each time that the delivery box has space and that you have the necessary funds and materials (if any are required.)
    hustin1 said:

Feedback: in the UI for buying resources with credits, suggest having the list sorted alphabetically. There are a lot of resources in the list and it can be hard to find the one we are looking for.

Even better would be a way to right-click on a needed resource in the professions window to buy it with either credits or gold, depending on what we have.

And even BETTER would be for the UI to auto-select the resources we need if we have enough. Clicking the + button is an unnecessary step.

There is an issue with the worktable UI wherein a certain state becomes saved where no materials were slotted (as you did not have them) and when you obtain the materials they are not autoslotted. It is intended that if you have sufficient normal quality materials, they are always autoslotted. We will be looking into this issue and it should hopefully be resolved by the next preview build.
    valwryn said:

Some of the Masterwork Alchemy recipes still use the old colored now polluted vitriol. :#

Thank you for the report, masterwork tasks that use pre-masterwork materials are all wrong and should be updated in a future preview build with new substitute items.

After many many hours ... I gave up I am stuck
    I need to make a Brass Ingot +1 .... i cant for the life of me figure out HOW to make a +1 anything anywhere... anyway

Keep trying to make them and let your artisan level up, or try to get a better tool for them if you can. When your focus is high enough you will start making +1 ingots, you can see your chance of making one in the top right of the window when you're setting the recipe.
    That will be as clear as blacklake district sludge to people. To devs, why make things so opaque? This is not noob friendly.

The experience of playing through the new professions system with a sack full of old professions resources and a bunch of oddly leveled professions and a large number of preconceived notions about how professions works is extraordinarily different from playing through the system as a fresh player.

Unfortunately, the tutorial is largely targeted at newer players as experienced players will have a huge amount of resources at their disposal and generally have a more established information network. That being said, we will be providing a Q&A type dialog on the retainer that should help to answer some of these questions.

For what it's worth some of these elements are addressed in the tutorial, though I understand very few people have the patience to read everything thoroughly, and there is a tremendous amount of information to digest.
    strathkin said:

I think all Alchemy TOOLS are also not even able to be converted or exchanged either.

Thank you for the report, of course anything that cannot be exchanged in this way is a bug, and we will address this as soon as possible.
    mat44444 said:

I think it would be nice to see a failed result when you craft stuff that fails - if u get a success u see a box saying so, I think u should also get a box saying fail if this is the case.

The lack of feedback when your artisans fail a task is absolutely a bug and will be resolved in the next preview build.
    free2pay said:

What does the Artisan's Commission Multiplier and Speed Multiplier do? Is higher value better/worst? What's the cooldown for new Artisan application?

The current display for speed and commission multipliers is confusing and is being adjusted, it should be much easier to understand in the next preview update.

The cooldown between artisan applications is somewhat random and is currently undergoing final adjustments, so the time is not accurate.

- The part of the tutorial to get 10 artisans, after getting that, no help or guidance in the game as to how to get the additional artisans. You'd think you go to your desk, where you can add artisans, but i go there and there are no applications. Only way I can add any is using that "special" box in the workshop that lets us "cheat" on preview.

- The part where you have to donate 500K commissions to the person by the AH, appears to be no way to donate exactly 500K, at least not without getting your sliderule out, relearning Trig, and maybe taking Pi out 1,000 spaces. I mean come on - if you are going to set it at 500K, then the limit either needs to be above it, or allow us to donate so that it doesn't have to exactly equal 500K, and it just ignores everything above it.

The tutorial ends when you finish the quest that introduces the delivery box. Every quest after that is part of the professions storyline which leads you to periodic upgrades of the workshop itself. These quests are spaced out every 10 levels (both professions and player levels), with the exception of a quest at 65, between the level 60 and 70 quests.

Normally, players will have a gap between these quests in order to more broadly familiarize themselves with the content. Additionally, more information will be made available on your retainer.
    krailov said:

Not clear that you can use a higher-level tool than your current profession level (as tools seems to equate to levels).

Thank you for all of your feedback. All of your feedback and bug reports will be passed along, but I want to address this issue specifically: it is not intended that you can equip tools above your profession's level. In a future preview build, and on live, your tool selection will be limited by the level of your profession. (To be clear, not the level of an artisan, or of your workshop.)

In regards to your feedback about "holding back" the release, a huge number of changes are coming in the next preview build, as many issues were already addressed and work was continuing prior to public testing, but we push the build out regardless, so that other features can also be tested.
    quantumff said:

quantumff said:

Unable to level workshop to level 2. I picked Linseed to deliver, completed that, opened the box and then it just stops. Retainer (Forem) tells me I will get a new quest once I have a profession that is level 20. I had Alchemy and Blacksmithing at level 35 and jewelcrafting at 9 (Alchemy is now 36, as I tried to see if it meant have an artisan at level 20). The option to upgrade to level 2 is greyed out from the master desk. I have consulted with my partner who has been able to upgrade his workshop with no difficulty and he has confirmed I haven't missed anything obvious.

I used another character to see if I could figure it out, and A) I'm an idiot, but 2) this shouldn't be possible. What I did was open the "Delivery for Bolden" item box instead of handing it in to him. This appears to be a renamed duplicate of the starting box instead of a dead item. There is no way to make another, so the quest just breaks at that point. Screenshots attached

Thank you for finding this. It is absolutely not intended that you can open this box, and will be resolved as soon as possible.
    dillygirl said:

The SSTC ladys deals reset at some arbitrary time, instead of at reset. It was explained in the tutorial that her deals rotate every now and then. Like any other time rotation in the game I expected it to change at reset. It changed overnight, and did not change at reset (noon for me). Of course, I am now left with some useless low level potions that may or may not reappear in her deals in the nearby future.

Lady Begum's commissions should indeed reset at the normal daily reset time, thank you for reporting this issue.

When new applicants come, I've had types showing up from professions that I do not have. Is this so we can plan ahead? Do we need to pick up new artisans before we can choose a new profession? If not, could you please make it so that I do not get tailors asking for a job when I only practice jewelcrafting and have no ranks whatsoever in tailoring? Cause that is like a pastry chef applying for a job at the furniture shop....

You do not need to "choose" another profession, but can instead start leveling any additional professions as soon as you have the necessary artisans.
    onodrain said:

adinosii said:

Now, we will (hopefully) be getting the armor kits back, but ignoring those for a moment, I have a question:

Is there even a single non-masterwork item that is worth making for a lvl 70? Just one....that's all I ask. A fresh L70 can be assumed to have the Vistani gear. Are there any non-masterwork items that would be worth making for him/her?

Those recipes have not made it into the test build yet.

The current test build is more about the basic shell of the system.

I think the basic shell as it is on the test server is a HUGE improvement over the current system.

The new system allows you to craft items immediately if you have enough morale. And morale is regenerated each day. This is a HUGe improvement.

Also, you can task your artisans to keep creating/gathering something when you are away. You periodically clean out your chest and everything works without you having to re-assign your artisans. This is also a HUGE improvement. It would be nice if you could chain the tasks together. For instance, in making potions, if the artisan could make the 3 ingredients for the potion, then make the potion, that would be awesome!

That you have favorite tasks/recipes makes it very easy to assign your most used tasks/recipes. This is also a HUGE improvement over the current system.

I did not see any random epic recipes. I hope you took this randomness out of the new system, as it was horrible. If you have a recipe or task, show it to me all the time. Having an RNG for possible recipes did not work for me. I am glad it is not in the new system.

The turn in values for old assets/resources will never make people happy. As there is such a huge disparity in pricing for the different assets. That a purples asset on test is worth 100 times more than a green asset, seems fair to me. Given on live server the ratio is 12 to 1.

Overall, I think the new shell is a HUGE improvement over what we have currently. Thank you for letting us get a peek at it. The main confusion for me was that I did not realize the recipes were incomplete, the profession level transfer was not complete, etc. But that was all spelled out in the patch notes. So I guess I should read the patch notes. =p
    Thank you for the kind words, we're glad you're enjoying what you've seen of the new system! I wanted to take a moment to address what you pointed out about the old rotating "rare tasks." They are indeed completely gone from the current system. There will be absolutely no recipes that come and go on a whim, with the exception of certain seasonal event recipes.

Relatively minor, but several of my artisans appear to be having an identity crisis.

At-rest artisans sharing a seat are clipping badly. I have also seen them catapult from the second floor rather than taking the stairs upon entering the workshop.

There are a number of known pathing issues for artisans that result in some... seriously odd behavior. We'll be looking to address these issues before launch, thank you for the report!
    chemjeff said:

BUG: Passion Project bonus does not work

I just crafted 50 Aquamarines in a row with a purple Jewelcrafter with the Passion Project bonus, having a 25% chance to negate the commission cost. Every time, I was charged the commission.

Thank you for the report, there was a major math issue present in the build that went to preview, this should be resolved in the next preview build.
    chemjeff said:

The Level 70 Jewelcrafting rings/necks of Black Opal, Gold, and Drake all have the same stat distributions (Power/Recovery). Is that intended?

It is not, thank you for the report.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    @asterdahl
    Thanks for your answers on the various questions.

A word about the astonishing cost in gold from the professions, will that be changed?

- The cost is exorbitant, meaning that new players will NOT BE ABLE to do professions at all for a loooong time. They'll need to level up professions first, to use them after. I level up on preview Alchemy from 35 to 70, this costed me roughly 300 gold. For one profession only, this is insane.

- For the small amount of RP we can do combining Gathering and Jewelcrafting, it costs roughly 3 gold to create 4 black opals. In what world do you consider 3g-4kRP a good ratio?

- Why is the new profession system a huge gold sink when gold in not in surplus in the game? Gold is in a perfect state now, you earn a few with leadership and drops from mobs, you spend a few changing enchantements and making campaign keys.
    Combining this huge gold sink with the fact that you remove potions of the game drops (big source of gold income), and that leadership won't grant gold anymore, how is that going to be a viable system when you can't barely earn gold but need to spend a lot? I thought it was AD that were in surplus?
    agilesto said:

@asterdahl
    Thanks for your answers on the various questions.

A word about the astonishing cost in gold from the professions, will that be changed?

- The cost is exorbitant, meaning that new players will NOT BE ABLE to do professions at all for a loooong time. They'll need to level up professions first, to use them after. I level up on preview Alchemy from 35 to 70, this costed me roughly 300 gold. For one profession only, this is insane.

- For the small amount of RP we can do combining Gathering and Jewelcrafting, it costs roughly 3 gold to create 4 black opals. In what world do you consider 3g-4kRP a good ratio?

- Why is the new profession system a huge gold sink when gold in not in surplus in the game? Gold is in a perfect state now, you earn a few with leadership and drops from mobs, you spend a few changing enchantements and making campaign keys.
    Combining this huge gold sink with the fact that you remove potions of the game drops (big source of gold income), and that leadership won't grant gold anymore, how is that going to be a viable system when you can't barely earn gold but need to spend a lot? I thought it was AD that were in surplus?

The gold costs are absolutely not final. That being said, we have found that wealth in terms of gold varies greatly from player to player based on their own personal play style and how much emphasis they put on picking up and selling items.

In the economy overall there is absolutely more gold flowing in than flowing out. That said, obviously, if even after gold gains increased value, changing play habits still result in the new professions system result in gold flowing out of the economy faster than it is flowing in, we will make adjustments to gold gain or further adjustments to recipe costs.
  • seveninchbladeseveninchblade Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Is there any intention to tweak the percentages on the artisan skills, to balance them against each other? As it is, one bonus is clearly superior to the others. I understand the value the company sees in having a high value chase item most easily acquired through spending Zen, however, having 4/5 artisans be dramatically inferior seems a bit extreme.
    Charisma was my dump stat.

Is there any intention to tweak the percentages on the artisan skills, to balance them against each other? As it is, one bonus is clearly superior to the others. I understand the value the company sees in having a high value chase item most easily acquired through spending Zen, however, having 4/5 artisans be dramatically inferior seems a bit extreme.

One thing I would like to make clear as the current tooltip is misleading is that the skill which doubles item production will only work on materials, and not on finished products. As I imagine this will come up, refined gemstones will in fact count as materials, as they are then used to create finished accessories.

That said, as with all of the numbers, we are still making large adjustments leading up to the final release. Ideally, you should be making interesting choices when comparing artisans, and common artisans should not always be useless when compared with rare or epic artisans, depending on your goals and which artisans you have access to.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    asterdahl said:

We debated on whether to make these adjustments to existing masterwork equipment, or to provide new items, and have decided to make these adjustments such that it affects existing masterwork equipment. Once the release goes live, all masterwork equipment's item levels will increase. For exact item levels, please stay tuned to preview.

That is very, very interesting. Crafting is starting to look a bit better than it did originally. I am happy to see that the stats of non-masterwork lvl 70 items are being revised - as I said earlier, it makes no sense to craft anything that has worse stats than the Vistani gear, as it can be assumed that new 70s should have that (or better).

Confirming that we will get the armor kits (and jewels too, I assume?) back is good - that eliminates another concern.

On thing that remains is the ability to craft gear crates for the stronghold. Not an issue for my guild right now, but with the expected increase in stronghold levels (to 25, I guess) coming in mod 16, donations will become more important again, so it would be good to know if we can craft anything for the guild.

Now, if we only could craft companion equipment, insignia and better armor kits/jewels .... might be a bit too much to ask, though.

Hoping for improvements...
  • scottnicholsonscottnicholson Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

However, you have also presumably benefited from having leadership leveled on live up until this point. We hope that you can understand why we are granting gathering levels to players who have not leveled leadership.

I joined the game about 3 months ago. At the time, the advice was "focus on Leadership, as it's the only profession that is worthwhile."

So, on my main, that's what I've done. I'm at level 18, and the benefits I have gained is logging in and running War Games Training several times a day.

It sounds like what I need to do now is switch to another profession quickly and level it up, as that it what will set my Gathering level.

Will there be any benefit to my last three months of leveling Leadership as my primary profession on my main?
  • baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Ok, one suggestion on salvage which ties into professions.

Really it does.

Lets change the name to from salvage to "de-construction".

We can then break gear down into some raw professions components.

Example -

green gear can be broken down into 1 of 10 random profession components, usually common with a chance at uncommon materials,

blue gear can be broken down into 1 or 2 of 10 random professions components, usually common and uncommon with a chance at rare materials.

purple gear can be broken down into 1-3 of 10 random professions components, usually uncommon and rare with equal chances at common and epic materials.

orange gear can be broken down into 1-4 of 10 random professions components,with 1 guaranteed rare or epic material drop

I saw this once in a trip to a galaxy far far away, and it was a nice way to get something from the vendor fodder you usually pick up, aside from the 27 copper you usually sell stuff for.

B)
  • bruce55bruce55 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    As I said before about people with tons of gold. They apparently ae not trying to level a guild. People that are leveling guilds spend lots of gold as I do. Guilds getting screwed again.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    bruce55 said:

As I said before about people with tons of gold. They apparently ae not trying to level a guild. People that are leveling guilds spend lots of gold as I do. Guilds getting screwed again.

Yep. I haven't increased the amount of gold any of my characters have in months because I'm using it to create the vouchers from DR, Sharandar, and IWD, making keys from ToD, and occasionally swapping enchantments around. I'm able to make gold for my guild by running Alchemy tasks. If I couldn't do that, I'd be completely and utterly broke with respect to gold.