test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Voninblod for AD exchange... 50 Voninblod for 1k RAD?

lorun2009lorun2009 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
Hi, i was on preview and i saw something that really surprised me. I speak about Voninblod exchange for RAD (50 Voninblod for 1k AD). I hope this is a mistake and you will change this. Why? Because Voninblod is so easy to obtain. In one hour farming i can easily get 10-15k Voninblod and with current exchange this will give 300k RAD... This is way to much. So please change this :) For example 500 Voninblod for 1k AD will be fair trade :)

Comments

• empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    this one was the one in the campaigns I felt was most out of whack but I assume these will all be adjusted somewhat. I think the set points might have to do with how much currency you can expect to get in a day doing the dailies in each zone...I wouldn't increase the voninblod but perhaps add other campaign currency. Take the icewind dale...requires 1 dwarf gold and 1 auril's tear. you can get 3 each of those a day so you have to do 6 quests which will take what a half hour to an hour depending on your class and would get you 3k RAD...that is probably what they are looking to do here. reward you for playing the game. Now some people may have a lot of these currencies leftover and will have a lot of RAD. will soothe their wounds a bit for losing salvage until they finally get to the bottom of their refine pile.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    lorun2009 said:

Hi, i was on preview and i saw something that really surprised me. I speak about Voninblod exchange for RAD (50 Voninblod for 1k AD). I hope this is a mistake and you will change this. Why? Because Voninblod is so easy to obtain. In one hour farming i can easily get 10-15k Voninblod and with current exchange this will give 300k RAD... This is way to much. So please change this :) For example 500 Voninblod for 1k AD will be fair trade :)

RAD not AD (there's still 100k daily cap), if you like Bryn so farm it.

Check also Chult Store (you can exchange currency here too).
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • malignantmind#3340 malignantmind Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    I'd agree that it's too much if it weren't for the 100k refinement limit. It's so easy to hit that every day that it really doesn't matter how much you get in rAD.
  • lorun2009lorun2009 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User

lorun2009 said:

RAD not AD (there's still 100k daily cap), if you like Bryn so farm it.

Check also Chult Store (you can exchange currency here too).
    Sorry my mistake but i mean RAD all time. Yes i know that there exchange system in all campaing store but this in SKT is way to easy to get.

I'd agree that it's too much if it weren't for the 100k refinement limit. It's so easy to hit that every day that it really doesn't matter how much you get in rAD.

It dosent matter if there is a limit of RAD... When this will be so easy to get ppl will have to much AD and this is very bad for game economy...
    anzacnw said:

lorun2009 said:

Seriously? ... Nearly everybody is complaining about getting much less RAD after next Mod is on and here is a way to get easy RAD and you want to remove it? What is wrong with you? If you don't want to have that much RAD then simply don't convert your Voninblod. Or give AD that you don't want to own to your guildies.
    What is wrong with me? Everything is fine. I dont care that nearly everybody is complaining about getting RAD... 50 Voninblod for 1k RAD is way to easy... And like i said in previous comment to much AD in game is very bad for game economy and when something is bad for economy is bad for us, players :) I hope you will undestand what i mean.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    lorun2009 said:

What is wrong with me? Everything is fine. I dont care that nearly everybody is complaining about getting RAD... 50 Voninblod for 1k RAD is way to easy... And like i said in previous comment to much AD in game is very bad for game economy and when something is bad for economy is bad for us, players :) I hope you will undestand what i mean.

So, how many time you need to recoup [Master's Trowel]?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪

lorun2009 said:

So, how many time you need to recoup [Master's Trowel]?
    It doesn't matter in my opinion... Im just worried about game economy and i think that think should be changed.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    If it's RAD, the cap is at 100k. People will get that 100k, by doing dungeons or by trading voninblood. How is that a bad thing for the economy? It's not AD generated out of thin air, it's just rad people will need days to refine. It's just another source of RAD, not more AD added to the economy.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Putting the amount at 500 currency for 1K rAD is ridiculous. You can have all the rAD you want in game but the account cap serves as a bottleneck. You want to restrict the amount of refined AD available to players so as to not flood the economy with, just reduce that cap (though I wouldn't recommend that either - 100K is more than enough). Leave it as is or (if you're worried about farming zones) put it at 75 to 1K so that is just short of the seal store prices of 100 to 1K.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac

Putting the amount at 500 currency for 1K rAD is ridiculous. You can have all the rAD you want in game but the account cap serves as a bottleneck. You want to restrict the amount of refined AD available to players so as to not flood the economy with, just reduce that cap (though I wouldn't recommend that either - 100K is more than enough). Leave it as is or (if you're worried about farming zones) put it at 75 to 1K so that is just short of the seal store prices of 100 to 1K.

To get 100 Seals you need to do esot, and this take 2-4 minutes... to get 75 Voninblood it takes 5 seconds. You guys really cant see a difference?

And like i said, bots will use multi accounts and they will have milions of AD per day... So this is a problem.
    lorun2009 said:

To get 100 Seals you need to do esot, and this take 2-4 minutes... to get 75 Voninblood it takes 5 seconds. You guys really cant see a difference?

And like i said, bots will use multi accounts and they will have milions of AD per day... So this is a problem.
    And putting it at 500 per 1K is NOT going to discourage them. They'll still flood the zone and farm the relics. To discourage that, up the payout for quests and reduce the voninblod payout for the relics. As its stands now its more profitable to farm the relics than do the quests and bounties if Voninblod is what you need. Reduce that payout for something that can be farmed without issue and place it to where it needs to be, the quests and (especially) the bounties.
    ~Shia~

Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac

lorun2009 said:

And putting it at 500 per 1K is NOT going to discourage them. They'll still flood the zone and farm the relics. To discourage that, up the payout for quests and reduce the voninblod payout for the relics. As its stands now its more profitable to farm the relics than do the quests and bounties if Voninblod is what you need. Reduce that payout for something that can be farmed without issue and place it to where it needs to be, the quests and (especially) the bounties.
    Like i said in my first post "For example 500 Voninblod for 1k AD will be fair trade :)" and this was only a example. That what you said with "reduce the voninblod payout for the relics" is good idea too. Im just worried that we will have problem with to many AD again and this is bad for game...
    edited September 2018
    lorun2009 said:

lorun2009 said:

Like i said in my first post "For example 500 Voninblod for 1k AD will be fair trade :)" and this was only a example. That what you said with "reduce the voninblod payout for the relics" is good idea too. Im just worried that we will have problem with to many AD again and this is bad for game...
    I get that but you disincentivize folks playing that content after they finished STK and just leaving it mostly to the bots. 50 per 1K keeps it in line with the other campaign stores. A 100 per 1K rAD places it in line with the seals traders. 500 just makes it unappealing to players.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac

lorun2009 said:

lorun2009 said:

I get that but you disincentivize folks playing that content after they finished STK and just leaving it mostly to the bots. 50 per 1K keeps it in line with the other campaign stores. A 100 per 1K rAD places it in line with the seals traders. 500 just makes it unappealing to players.
    This was only a example :) 100-150 would be better but we will see what they will do about it :)
    lorun2009 said:

lorun2009 said:

lorun2009 said:

This was only a example :) 100-150 would be better but we will see what they will do about it :)
    Fair enough. Though remember, iirc that 50 to 1K AD is also the price in River District so the grinding armies will just go there to farm the HEs, digsites and whatnot.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    The solution is to make Vorinblood not the currency that gives RADs.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    > @theycallmetomu said:
    > The solution is to make Vorinblood not the currency that gives RADs.

This +1

The solution is to make Vorinblood not the currency that gives RADs.

And i love this solution :)
    Yeah. There's not really a good reason to have Vorinblood be part of the equation at all. Same with Black Ice. Campaign currency -> RAD should be daily/repeatable quest based, not terrain farming.
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Think about this way:

Runic key cost 2k vonin. How do you feel spending 40k AD for key that will yield much much less? I just think that those values are placeholders. 50vonin to 250AD would be better. If you can reliably farm 15k vonin in hour it would net around 75k AD. Similiar to other ways to make AD (it would be nice to have several ways to farm AD with similiar payout AD/hour.. like one could like voning farming while the other would prefer HEs or hunts - gutted in m15 so fr though - or randoms).

Think about this way:

Runic key cost 2k vonin. How do you feel spending 40k AD for key that will yield much much less? I just think that those values are placeholders. 50vonin to 250AD would be better. If you can reliably farm 15k vonin in hour it would net around 75k AD. Similiar to other ways to make AD (it would be nice to have several ways to farm AD with similiar payout AD/hour.. like one could like voning farming while the other would prefer HEs or hunts - gutted in m15 so fr though - or randoms).

I mean, maybe, I guess? But why do that when you can just do what the other zones do, and put it into a form that's farmed by doing other specific content rather than running around clicking on nodes?

I mean, at least the River District involves you doing HEs.

This is good feedback and we will look into it. It isn't a matter of "well there is a 100k cap so it doesn't matter" the goal is balance in earning rates/difficulties between content and this is a good call out.

If that's your goal then, noworries, you'll want to take a look at the abandon treasures exchange rate in River District as well. Admittedly a slightly different situation than SKT, but I just got done running with the zerg on the live server and earned enough treasures to buy AD in about 5 to 6 minutes.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac

This is good feedback and we will look into it. It isn't a matter of "well there is a 100k cap so it doesn't matter" the goal is balance in earning rates/difficulties between content and this is a good call out.

If that's your goal then, noworries, you'll want to take a look at the abandon treasures exchange rate in River District as well. Admittedly a slightly different situation than SKT, but I just got done running with the zerg on the live server and earned enough treasures to buy AD in about 5 to 6 minutes.
    What? No! don't reduce the trade in value for Abandoned Treasures, I actually have a truckload of those sitting around! :P

What? No! don't reduce the trade in value for Abandoned Treasures, I actually have a truckload of those sitting around! :P
    LOL. I know. Me too. Better to just up and tell him than they come back and nerf it later.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac

LOL. I know. Me too. Better to just up and tell him than they come back and nerf it later.
    I just need the Abandoned Treasures exchange rate to be good on the day of release; after I've zeroed out my account, it doesn't really matter anymore.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

So it took you 5 to 6 minutes to get 50 is what you are saying right? so 500/hour or 10k rad/hour...That is just about what I think they might be looking for.. the voninblod was 10-15k/hour(although when I was doing runs even with the great return from relics wasn't anywhere near that much). That was me also knowing the path.

empalas said:

So it took you 5 to 6 minutes to get 50 is what you are saying right? so 500/hour or 10k rad/hour...That is just about what I think they might be looking for.. the voninblod was 10-15k/hour(although when I was doing runs even with the great return from relics wasn't anywhere near that much). That was me also knowing the path.

That's fair and the vonin exchange rate will probably be the one adjusted given (as you've shown), its much easier to net a large amount with relatively little effort. Will it take longer to acquire a comparable amount of AD? Yes. But its still fairly easy to obtain and if the devs are worried about one they might want to make some tweaks for the other. Couple that will the likelihood that many who farmed that zone for the old ascended set, and possibly during double seals weekend might be sitting on a minor hoard of AD in the form of abandon treasures. I don't know about you but I was also planning on dumping my abandon treasures for AD and I suspect others probably do the same. Bottom line : If noworries and crew want to take a look at it, take a look at it and if they determine its not worth adjusting in RD but need to in SKT - fine. Just do it before it goes live and not come back later and readjust the rate.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac

I'm really happy that you will look into it :) Thank you for your anwser :)