test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spending gold on the new professions system, any way to earn it?

I just tested the mod 15 preview yesterday, I have a fresh level 70 who didn't have much gold yet. I started doing the new profession system tasks, leveling up my professions, artisans, I noticed now it costs gold (or silver, copper) to do each task, a commision, this is new compared to the current system. However, did you also introduce to the new system a new way to make gold?

In my experience, I couldn't continue testing professions because I ran out of gold, as I don't have VIP yet, I need gold to buy injury kits as well.

Comments

• someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Stack Radiant, R14s into utility and go farm openworld :D
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    Yeah, and leadership was been completely gutted and removed. Another channel for gold income. If your currency is AD for selling stuff, why can't we use AD? Or set a market value and let us exchange AD for gold.

IMHO, this introduction to professions makes no sense and seems ill conceived.
  • tigersclaw#7201 tigersclaw Member Posts: 78 Arc User

Yeah, and leadership was been completely gutted and removed. Another channel for gold income. If your currency is AD for selling stuff, why can't we use AD? Or set a market value and let us exchange AD for gold.

IMHO, this introduction to professions makes no sense and seems ill conceived.

Exactly, some current leadership tasks give gold too. We had normal ways to spend gold and to earn gold until now. But, as they introduced a new feature (commissions) that spends gold, I was asking if at the same time, to balance that out, they also introduced a new way to make gold to compensate.

This mod is still in preview, the whole point of preview is to give suggestions, so just in case, I leave my question here as a suggestion as well.

• empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    If you look at what they are doing to drops...removed potions, portals, skill kits, and most of the trash. looking like gold is finally going to mean something other than removing enchants and buying campaign chest keys. So all of that is going to be much more difficult too.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    The point of any profession is to make money.

Are there any recipes within the revamped professions where the output provides more gold than it consumes?
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Why would you want to do professions in the first place? seriously....what is there to make (apart form a handful of Masterwork V items)?
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited September 2018
    adinosii said:

Why would you want to do professions in the first place? seriously....what is there to make (apart form a handful of Masterwork V items)?

Good point, professions should have useful rewards for players, in some way. Until now, people only did Leadership, what's the point of all the other professions if they don't give anything players need, not even useful gear? Even Leadership got nerfed. Now we're going to get a new "revamped" professions system, the question is, will it be rewarding to players? I think it should, if we invest time into professions, they should give us worthwhile rewards in return, if not, what's the point?
    vordayn said:

Are there any recipes within the revamped professions where the output provides more gold than it consumes?

That is basically what I was asking as well, would be nice to actually see some profession tasks giving good, useful rewards, like things we actually need.
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Wild idea - shouldn't new skirmish give a lot of gold? It's called Bank Heist for some reason!*. It would give some reason to run it.

Also new "walk over loot to pick up" could dip gold price a lot.

*disclamer - I didn't play it yet so I don't know rewards or new campaign plot.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    With the gutting and nerf to leadership, gold accusation will plummet. Basically it sounds like this is just a big boon to farmers and grinders who collect as they grind.
    edited September 2018

Wild idea - shouldn't new skirmish give a lot of gold? It's called Bank Heist for some reason!*. It would give some reason to run it.

Oh yeah I like that idea, makes sense, it's a bank heist so we steal a big chunk of gold from the bank lol. I'm all for trying new wild things like that. How about we get as rewards 200 gold, 50 blood rubies, 250,000 AD (not rough, already refined)? Lol just kidding, but seriously, it's a good idea, we could get a reasonable amount of gold to compensate for the new commision system.

Another wild idea, what if we get a new zone with mountains and mines inside of the mountain, underground, similar to the wild wild west gold rush, we go to the mines, use a pickaxe (tool) to mine gold from the rocks like we mine black ice. I know this would be a grind so it has to be balanced, would take some time to mine decent gold, one can't just mine a few rocks for 5 mins and get 200 gold but say they add different kinds of rocks, with a RNG system too, white rocks are common, found all over the place, have a 90% chance of giving u very little copper, refinement or profession assets, 10% chance of giving silver (more gold). Then yellow rocks are more rare but give better loot, while there are very rare orange rocks which give the best loot, a big quantity of gold. I could go on and on. Inside those caves we can also find occasional lakes of liquid of all colors, with different species of fish, some piranha like ones which will bite us and poison us for some time, rarely we spot mermaid creatures, who will hypnotise us with their seductive songs.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Just start farming it now on live server, farm up leadership, its becoming gathering so leadership will turn into higher level gathering if you have higher level leadership upon mod 15 as far as I know since gathering is replacing leadership. Just use that and well sell items, gather up the treasures find the high valuable ones that give good silver upon selling and maybe the ones that give 1 gold upon selling while you still can. There is enchantments, insignias that improve gold gain. Up to well this upcoming mod it really was not needed and thus I think most didn't bother at all, and just gained gold by leadership, but they didn't level or really use leadership for the gold mainly but for other things.
    With this newest change well those will become well beneficial for well the coin farmer. It gives it purpose and it make sense for professions to need it. Materials don't always grow on trees. Got to pay for expenses and workers if you want them to stick around. But given the nature of the markets raising prices on potentially valuable items I'm sure they are raising the prices on treasures and other items that sell well for coin. To try and make an ad profit from it. I'm sure they will raise even further when the mod hits. So buying all that now might be more beneficial before the entire player base realizes the newly placed value on gold, and those junky treasures one discards or sells for well dirt cheap becomes far more expensive.
    Post edited by thevampinator on
  • jihalla#0769 jihalla Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I imagine you could just use professions to make cheap gear to sell to vendors for gold. ... Preferably something stackable like potions.
    Just have to figure out cost vs reward to see what ends with a profit.

If nothing pays, then I guess profession would be a total waste.

Maybe the stuff you get from gathering can be sold for gold?
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I went in today to check a piece of blue gear I made for the tutorial and noticed it was worth 11 silver and some copper (it was only a level 30 something), this can add up and didn't seem to cost a lot of assets or time to make, also I am not sure, but it seemed to be worth more than blues I have found around the same level, but I could be wrong about that
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    You recommand not having free market anymore on AH? That's kind of a really bad solution.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User

tigernuno said:

adinosii said:

Good point, professions should have useful rewards for players, in some way. Until now, people only did Leadership, what's the point of all the other professions if they don't give anything players need, not even useful gear? Even Leadership got nerfed. Now we're going to get a new "revamped" professions system, the question is, will it be rewarding to players? I think it should, if we invest time into professions, they should give us worthwhile rewards in return, if not, what's the point?
    vordayn said:

That is basically what I was asking as well, would be nice to actually see some profession tasks giving good, useful rewards, like things we actually need.
    Under the "soon to be" old system, the professions could not advance fast enough to outstrip 3 day Rank 1-70 levelers in any profession, Under the new system maybe it is possible for professions to get to level 70 as fast or faster than a player can level, at least in 1 profession, to level 70 faster than a player. Unless, of course, the Devs put an "artificial road block" into the mix.

Beyond level 70 is 5 levels of Master Crafts, The Wonders of Gond, and Wondrous Items.

What we really need, and I mean NEED, is to cut the Greed out of the AH. One way is to set ranges for high priced items, such as Artifacts and Artifact Equipment, say Uncommon 1 Million AD, Rare 2 Million AD, Epic 5 Million AD, Legendary 10-20 Million AD, and Mythic 35-50 Million AD with a +/- of 20% below the low price and above the High Price.

That's what a Guild would do. Then there would be the penalties.

LOWBALL PENALTY - selling below the lower price threshold - You're paid AD, thank you very much and your goods are confiscated as shoddy.

GREEDO PENALTY - Selling over the High threshold activates the GREEDO TAX (90% of the difference between the sale price due if sold or returned if the Standard Price is over 10 Million AD and 100% of the difference if the standard price is less than 10 Million.)

Harsh - Yes, Necessary - Absolutely. Only because too many people are told that they DESERVE it.
    Is new MOD gona hit your income sources or something that you want to order other players a prices they asking for their items? If thats the case - I order you to sell me all your sellable belongings for 1000 AD - you OK with that?
  • mixologeemixologee Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    vordayn said:

LOWBALL PENALTY - selling below the lower price threshold - You're paid AD, thank you very much and your goods are confiscated as shoddy.

GREEDO PENALTY - Selling over the High threshold activates the GREEDO TAX (90% of the difference between the sale price due if sold or returned if the Standard Price is over 10 Million AD and 100% of the difference if the standard price is less than 10 Million.)

Harsh - Yes, Necessary - Absolutely. Only because too many people are told that they DESERVE it.

• eeng1eeng1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    If u dont wanna use AH but selling to vendor, I guess the best option is to simply make alot of buckets of water (well water).
    U make 12 buckets for 10 copper and sell them for 960 copper. and repeat and repeat and re.....
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    tousseau said:

It seems the revamped Alchemy has some things that may come in handy, beyond pots... (poison, paralytics, etc)

those effect potions dont work over level 60...

tigernuno said:

adinosii said:

vordayn said:

Under the "soon to be" old system, the professions could not advance fast enough to outstrip 3 day Rank 1-70 levelers in any profession, Under the new system maybe it is possible for professions to get to level 70 as fast or faster than a player can level, at least in 1 profession, to level 70 faster than a player. Unless, of course, the Devs put an "artificial road block" into the mix.

Beyond level 70 is 5 levels of Master Crafts, The Wonders of Gond, and Wondrous Items.

What we really need, and I mean NEED, is to cut the Greed out of the AH. One way is to set ranges for high priced items, such as Artifacts and Artifact Equipment, say Uncommon 1 Million AD, Rare 2 Million AD, Epic 5 Million AD, Legendary 10-20 Million AD, and Mythic 35-50 Million AD with a +/- of 20% below the low price and above the High Price.

That's what a Guild would do. Then there would be the penalties.

youre not taking the time oh tasks in count, or the price to level the workshop, or the bigger gate there the AD and gold needed
    No new player will level proffessions faster than a non guilded player, if you place the a guild XP boon there ...

build a new account (not toon on preview and try your luck you will see what i means even with no timer on crafts you will not be using the gear you make...
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited October 2018