test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Professions Overhaul

Comments

• free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    What does the Artisan's Commission Multiplier and Speed Multiplier do? Is higher value better/worst? What's the cooldown for new Artisan application?
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    @asterdahl after completing the intro gathering quest to pic the item from the chest i complete the ok, went to pick the next quest, after i pressed 1 to accept game stayed locked on cinematic frame and had to close game on task manager.
    so far im loving the new workshop/profesion its sad i have to level up the employees of my workshop, any chance we willl have a worksheet of the max percentage each employee will have as eqip bonus?
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Honestly, maybe just remove professions entirely. That's my Hot Take™
  • hannibalsmith#0854 hannibalsmith Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Talking with Retainer - when you choose a conversation option, a secondary window pops up. If you click "Finished" it takes you out of the conversation entirely. It should take you back to the main conversation window in case you want to choose another option.
    Artisan's Counter and Dispatch Board - Please add current gold/silver/copper to the bottom of the dialog windows (where Morale is displayed).
  • mat44444mat44444 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    One apspect of this new appoach that I have not seen mentioned yet is that it feels very alt unfriendly. I have leveled different professions fully upon different toons. I do not want to have to grind out a workshop for each of them in order to get max level of each profession. Hence are workshops going to be account wide, or is there going to be a way to consolidate one's old profession asset accross toons upon a single account to a single toon

Thanks for your answer
    mat44444 said:

One apspect of this new appoach that I have not seen mentioned yet is that it feels very alt unfriendly. I have leveled different professions fully upon different toons. I do not want to have to grind out a workshop for each of them in order to get max level of each profession. Hence are workshops going to be account wide, or is there going to be a way to consolidate one's old profession asset accross toons upon a single account to a single toon

Thanks for your answer

I suspect "alt unfriendly" is working as intended. Most of the benefits you get from professions is going to be waiting for them to complete. If they're NOT alt unfriendly, it basically incentivizes you to have alts that you don't play (which is very much the current pre-mod 15 model).

The more alt unfriendly the better IMO. Although, an Alt Neutral method of "Professions are handled account wide" could work-but that would be extremely awkward from a narrative sense.
    Master's Desk - could you show the current task for the selected person? There's some space between the progress bar and the person's details for a brief task description.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    If we are only able to assign 3 gathering tasks and 3 crafting tasks, what need is there for more than 24 artisans?

The 24 is actually based on having 3 of each profession. But once you have at least 3 of the crafting professions up and running, you really only need 1 artisan for those professions and 3 for gathering. That cuts it back to 10 necessary artisans, the rest are just fluff.
  • mat44444mat44444 Member Posts: 116 Arc User

mat44444 said:

Thanks for your answer

I suspect "alt unfriendly" is working as intended. Most of the benefits you get from professions is going to be waiting for them to complete. If they're NOT alt unfriendly, it basically incentivizes you to have alts that you don't play (which is very much the current pre-mod 15 model).

The more alt unfriendly the better IMO. Although, an Alt Neutral method of "Professions are handled account wide" could work-but that would be extremely awkward from a narrative sense.

My point is this - If a player has maxed one profession per toon, does he now have to grind out a workshop for each of them. This does not seem fair, and if this is the case I think there should be a way to consolidate these asset

Its not about having 100 alts all gathering stuff, its about having 1 toon doing each profession

My best to you
    Mat

mat44444 said:

mat44444 said:

Thanks for your answer

My point is this - If a player has maxed one profession per toon, does he now have to grind out a workshop for each of them. This does not seem fair, and if this is the case I think there should be a way to consolidate these asset

Its not about having 100 alts all gathering stuff, its about having 1 toon doing each profession

My best to you
    Mat

But here's the thing:

If you have so many slots for Doing Things for a toon, then having each toon do One Thing still means that having multiple toons is better than having One Toon, even if the different toons do different things. Hence why I wish they just made the whole thing account wide.
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User

mat44444 said:

mat44444 said:

Thanks for your answer

My best to you
    Mat

But here's the thing:

If you have so many slots for Doing Things for a toon, then having each toon do One Thing still means that having multiple toons is better than having One Toon, even if the different toons do different things. Hence why I wish they just made the whole thing account wide.
    It hardly matters if there is nothing worth doing.

mat44444 said:

mat44444 said:

Thanks for your answer

My best to you
    Mat

But here's the thing:

It hardly matters if there is nothing worth doing.

Well, as I've said before, the solution there then is to just remove the professions system from the game entirely.
  • eeng1eeng1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    Legendary tools will convert 1:1 with a new tool of your choice which are all bound to a specific profession.
    Will that new tool be Account or character bound or can it be traded on AH, even after being used like the old legendary tools?
    And I guess all old legendary tools will be handled equal so u dont distinguish between a (former) 20 mill Philosofers Stone and a 99 mill crucible?
    eeng1 said:

Legendary tools will convert 1:1 with a new tool of your choice which are all bound to a specific profession.
    Will that new tool be Account or character bound or can it be traded on AH, even after being used like the old legendary tools?
    And I guess all old legendary tools will be handled equal so u dont distinguish between a (former) 20 mill Philosofers Stone and a 99 mill crucible?

Oh that's a good point. For the uber rich, I suppose you might be able to make income by buying low value legendaries and then converting them. Though, if anything, I'd expect high value legendaries to just plummet in value, so I don't actually recommend that investment method.
  • anne#1876 anne Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    In Tailoring I observed that you need for one clothe masterworkmaterial so you should rework the recipes.
    @asterdahl i noticed that the epic version of profession artisans i have on live version of the game become useless in mod 15 after i spent ad buying them and become useless on mod 15, while you introduce a new rng stuff for new artisans for mod 15, you need to make the live version into new contracts with their respective quality for mod 15, totaly not fair you are making player buy artisan all over again, totally not fair.
    edited September 2018
    workshop/profession needs to be account wide, because we gonna start making alts for one of each gathering then mail resources to main char workshop, and we need a collect all from the chest to be add to the "N" page going back and forward to workshop to empty chest aint gonna help anybody, also the chest from the storage from gathering and order we put in is too small we need it like a inventory size, and noticed we cant press Nwhen we are inside workshop.
  • mduf17mduf17 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    What is "A Box for Knox"?

The deliveries are unavailable outside workshop and it say

A workshop sending stone is required….. Complete the quest "A Box for Knox" to obtain this item.
    arcanjo86 said:

workshop/profession needs to be account wide, because we gonna start making alts for one of each gathering then mail resources to main char workshop, and we need a collect all from the chest to be add to the "N" page going back and forward to workshop to empty chest aint gonna help anybody, also the chest from the storage from gathering and order we put in is too small we need it like a inventory size, and noticed we cant press Nwhen we are inside workshop.

See, this guy gets it. Making leadership army more cumbersome but still more profitable just makes people who are more okay with repetitive monotonous nonsense earn more than people who want to actually play the game.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

arcanjo86 said:

See, this guy gets it. Making leadership army more cumbersome but still more profitable just makes people who are more okay with repetitive monotonous nonsense earn more than people who want to actually play the game.
    My wife plays solitaire for hours just to zone. Your comment about "actually play the game" is simply your opinion about how to play the game. I for one don't mind alt-army professions but I hate, hate with a passion doing farming while others are just the opposite.

They have a saying on the Appalachian Trail and that is hike your own trail, don't try and hike someone else.

• pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

Why would you or Cyptic care if you play alts or use alts not? Most bought the extra slots and are using just one account. And if most are like me they will spend (sink) AD into their alts for fashions, mounts, etc. Heck, I even give mine all back stories. Again, why would anyone care if people play an army of alts, its their game to play how they play it. Personally I hate farming, don't know how people stand to do it.

arcanjo86 said:

My wife plays solitaire for hours just to zone. Your comment about "actually play the game" is simply your opinion about how to play the game. I for one don't mind alt-army professions but I hate, hate with a passion doing farming while others are just the opposite.

They have a saying on the Appalachian Trail and that is hike your own trail, don't try and hike someone else.

You know, I thought this defense was ridiculous, because leadership armies crowd out other play styles. But thinking through it, it's kind of the opposite: the crowding out argument definitely made sense back when Leadership gave RADs, but all Leadership has done lately has been reducing the cost of RP. And that doesn't add AD into the system, it just makes for a transfer of payments.

Now, to some extent RP is competitive, but not in the same way AD is; the cost of RP doesn't directly correspond with the price of other objects on the AH (except for complimentary goods like enchanting stones et al).

Still: I know that I personally as a player do professions not because I enjoy it or want to, but because I feel like if I don't do them, I'm going to be left behind. It's leaving money on the table. Players are incentivized to do them.

If doing professions was somehow exclusionary to doing non-professions content, it'd be fine-that's the "hike your own trail" thing. But that's the thing; professions are just on top of anything else you do. So you either don't do professions, and miss out on a crucial source of income (indirectly), or you do professions, and put up with what is, to most people, tedium.

That all being said, I don't think the new system really solves this in any way shape or form; it sort of just makes it so stressful to do professions that fewer people are going to do them, and the hope there is that if fewer people do professions, fewer people will feel like they're leaving money on the table by not doing them. But that's just a hypothesis.

I still say the game would just be better without them (though, it'd probably make RP more expensive than it needs to be)