test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M15: General Loot Drops

Comments

• noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    > @aimsies said:
    >
    > I also don't like how when you loot the skill nodes it pops out everything in it for you to pick up separately, like the green insignias and peridots, but leaves the general treasure loot to manually hit the "f" key to pick it up. At first I thought I didn't get anything from the kit, but then noticed it jumped out around me. Again, personally not a fan of that particular mechanic.

That's not intended. We had a fix in to keep all of that stuff in the node when opened but either that didn't make it to preview or there's an additional issue. I will look into it next week.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    onodrain said:

Extended (alternate) leveling loot changed. You used to get a variety of items from opening your leveling bag. I assume it can still give you skill points, but it now only includes a random amount of RP and rAD. I think overall it is good, as that is mainly what people want. I open these bags during x2 enchants. Since it is RP and not gems, then I think it will no longer double the RP.

Yep it can still give power points got one today
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    onodrain said:

Extended (alternate) leveling loot changed. You used to get a variety of items from opening your leveling bag. I assume it can still give you skill points, but it now only includes a random amount of RP and rAD. I think overall it is good, as that is mainly what people want. I open these bags during x2 enchants. Since it is RP and not gems, then I think it will no longer double the RP.

That is a good call out that I originally intended to be a different thread (but forgot to make). I can add to the OP on this one. Experience overflow rewards were changed to give RP, RAD, and Power points. Since it is direct RP it will not double during double refining stones. We are working towards reducing the hording for double refining stones and instead increase the actual playing during that event. It is natural that players would horde if it gives them extra gains, we simply didn't take that into consideration enough with previous reward designs.

HE rewards were also switched to direct RP as we have a problem with players holding onto hundreds of those HE reward packs just for the extra gems on double refining stone events. Overall we will need a better solution to those in the future as it was never intended for players to hold on to so many of those. The reason they were a special reward window was to make sure players could see what rewards they got and not just have them pop into the inventory. Whether that will end up being a cap on how many unopened ones you can have or whether we change the way in which the rewards are granted is yet to be seen and would happen in a future module, but I wanted to explain why we are currently switching those from gems to direct RP rewards.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Too much unbound RP items is my guess. So RP is going to be a bit harder to get with leadership being being totally nuked out of existence except they are calling the gatherers adventurers.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

What about non-healing potions (tidespan, force, etc.)? Those aren't available from any vendor.

Alchemy profession maybe? Hopefully?
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • malignantmind#3340 malignantmind Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Honestly? Change the unidentified green and even blue drops directly to RP. Phase out identify scrolls. Leave potions as drops, because most people use that for the bulk of their gold.
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited September 2018

With the Heart of Fire update we made some adjustments to the general loot (loot dropped by the majority of critters regardless of zone).

• Walk over loot - general loot now picks up simply by walking over it. Where applicable this will also trigger group loot rolls.
    • Reduced the number of junk loot items (items only worth gold such as platinum bowls) to 1 type per level range and also increased the stack size of junk loot to 100.

Neverwinter M15: Inventory maintenance.

Ye, you're going to make auto pick up optional, or remove green gear/ID scrolls from the loot table.
    This is, for me, a ridiculously game breaking change with the current loot table on preview..
    Post edited by forumnamesuxs on
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Please rethink this, I pick up a small fraction of what's on the ground atm, admittedly you're getting rid of some of the stuff I don't pick up but whether I pick up unidentified greens or treasures depends on how much space I have left so I REALLY don't want this automated.
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    Walk over loot - great idea. Take it to the next step and have it auto drop into inventory. Maybe provide a UI option for those who prefer it the other way.

No more potion drops? Bad idea, I actually use those health potions and don't want to have to continually buy more for my more squishy characters.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User

Walk over loot - great idea. Take it to the next step and have it auto drop into inventory. Maybe provide a UI option for those who prefer it the other way.

No more potion drops? Bad idea, I actually use those health potions and don't want to have to continually buy more for my more squishy characters.

Auto drop into inventory - entire party AFK.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    There a refine all Botton in programm?
    Its interesting if pop a think Like this.anyway these new change Will be awesome. i hate press Botton 4 collect item so in happy

This mod is made to make you spend golds :D since everyone complained nothing to do with gold! :P
    Have at it.

Also if you remove all loot whats the point of walk over loot? :D

nah, 3,5g-2,5g per enchant unslotting? I have no complaints.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User

Ok... make it to where you have to be within the same room as the loot - kind of like a wide area walkover loot. :)

Ok... make it to where you have to be within the same room as the loot - kind of like a wide area walkover loot. :)
    then OK.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Indeed. I'm hearing the same concerns among my guild members -- whence the gold?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    bruce55 said:

apparently the people that complained about too much gold never leveled a guild or switched out enchants. taking away the skill kits and potions is a big mistake, How are new people coming to neverwinter supposed to get gold. no potions to sell. no skill kits drop, so cant open skill nodes. And I know this because im leveling a new character from scratch without help from a higher level alt, and it sucks. I run out of potions and cant buy any. Then at level 20 you expect people to have gold to work on professions. Where is the gold coming from when the blue and green drops are turned into rp. New people will leave the game faster than they already are. My character just reached level twenty by questing and looting everything that dropped. I have a little over 4g. How far will that get me in professions. Your theory for the new professions is that it will level as the character levels, How will that happen when I only made 4 gold in 20 levels.

there is a new quest on the post near Sgt Knox .. to farm gold and be exploited in the black lake district ...: D it is even written that way lol ..I was one of the first to post about the sneaky gold sink ,
  • hoveristhoverist Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    now the bag will be filled with more garbage.
    please cancel it.
    or need a loot setting that the player would not refuse.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    hoverist said:

please cancel it.

There's no such thing as garbage.

Green loot can be autoidentified enmasse for RP, and then refined enmasse.

Treasures can be sold in bulk, and now stack super high. Gold is now useful due to professions.

hoverist said:

please cancel it.

There's no such thing as garbage.

Green loot can be autoidentified enmasse for RP, and then refined enmasse.

Treasures can be sold in bulk, and now stack super high. Gold is now useful due to professions.
    I have in my bags and so little space. and there will still be cluttered with green things and things that I do not need?
    it seems to me, this is unfair.
    on the test server went 2 times in the dungeon. and I was horrified at the sight of the fact that my bag for 24 cells was half full.
    this system brings more discomfort, because of which the desire to play leaves.
    all the items that I really need - I can take myself
    was a good roll system. it was already spoiled in the last module. and in the next they decide to kill?

I do not want my favorite game to become uncomfortable and repulsive.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    OK, so first we were selling stuff then a few mods back we convert everything to RP, and now we are back to selling things. This is chaos.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    I'll concede this probably is more hurtful to newer players, who didn't get a free bag from the anniversary event like I did. But still: just identify all refine all on a regular basis.

For people like me, this is a huge QOL improvement. Don't screw this up for those of us who WANT to pick up the trash drops but find it annoying to have to stop and smash the F key!

For people like me, this is a huge QOL improvement.

For people like me, this is a bad innovation. And it is necessary, at least, to do functions for everyone, and not for a particular category of people. I hope you understood me correctly.