test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M15: General Loot Drops

noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
With the Heart of Fire update we made some adjustments to the general loot (loot dropped by the majority of critters regardless of zone).
  • Walk over loot - general loot now picks up simply by walking over it. Where applicable this will also trigger group loot rolls.
  • Reduced the number of junk loot items (items only worth gold such as platinum bowls) to 1 type per level range and also increased the stack size of junk loot to 100.
  • Potions, Skill Kits, and Portable Altars were removed from general loot drops and moved to the general vendors available in most zones and PE
  • Removed Gray and White gear from dropping in lower levels, the lowest rarity of gear that drops from critters is now Green.
Additional loot changes:
  • Experience Overflow Rewards now grant direct RP, RAD, and still grant Power Points.
  • HE rewards no longer grant gems and instead grant direct RP.

Check out these changes on preview and let us know how they feel.
Post edited by noworries#8859 on

Comments

• someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User

• Walk over loot - general loot now picks up simply by walking over it. Where applicable this will also trigger group loot rolls.
    • Reduced the number of junk loot items (items only worth gold such as platinum bowls) to 1 type per level range and also increased the stack size of junk loot to 100.
    • Potions, Skill Kits, and Portable Altars were removed from general loot drops and moved to the general vendors available in most zones and PE
    Awesome. Thank you.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User

With the Heart of Fire update we made some adjustments to the general loot (loot dropped by the majority of critters regardless of zone).

• Removed Gray and White gear from dropping in lower levels, the lowest rarity of gear that drops from critters is now Green.
    while this isnt exactly the "free for all" option i mentioned in a previous post on a loot thread..... this is way better than the current..... esp. since they removed al the potions and etc etc n put them in the vendors an limited the number of "gold value item" drops. least now bags will be filling up with more rp than "gold junk"..... so kudos to that.... althougth..... stiiiillllll doesnt solve the "if i pick it up i should get it" problem or as others havve said in other threads (salvage and dungeon end chests thread mainly) "i got enough rp i dont need more" lol what if i pick up the item but smebdy else gets it bc they roll was higher (an to top it off that person has 7mil+ rp whilest i only got 2mil) lol......... buuuuut like i said definite improvement from the current definite improvement.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Umm, yes, yes, yes, and yes!!

I do have an overall question though: What classifies as "general loot"? Are ID scrolls auto pickup? RP stones? Green gear?
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    These are welcome changes indeed.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    These changes sound marvellous.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    What about non-healing potions (tidespan, force, etc.)? Those aren't available from any vendor.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    They are, in the PE vendor in front of the profession materials NPC at least. But yeah, that's one huge gold income to disappear.
  • ladypeanut66ladypeanut66 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Change green unidentified items to direct RP, please.
  • ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    So, we get less stuff to sell for gold (those kits/pots etc we used to vendor if not used) and more expenditure? On top of taking the gold generation which is from leadership prior away. Would it come to a point where people are needing more gold than getting it, esp since that pots are tied inevitably to gold now without another means to obtain them?

What about the other stat boosting pots which are not sold? Will vendors now sell them or are they going extinct?
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    With number of junk items (treasure) being reduced, will their drop rate (quantity) remain the same? If I previously got three different items, will I now get three of the same item? Or one item?
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Hi,

These changes are awesome, but you guys are taking away lots of gold sources. I often use gold for swaping my enchantments between my toons. Any other gold income you guys are planning on introducing?
  • xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    Sorry I do not agree with the changes in potions drops.
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User

Sorry I do not agree with the changes in potions drops.

why ? I found it annoying because sometimes it was linked to rank 5 enchants, and I never used them.

I really like these QOL changes
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    This is a good set of changes....well, maybe with the exception of skill kits. The rest, yes....I'm happy with this.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Bug: "Hidden Pouch" drops from Tyomora's lucky enchant do not auto-loot when you step on them.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    > @dominious12 said:
    > Bug: "Hidden Pouch" drops from Tyomora's lucky enchant do not auto-loot when you step on them.

We didn't switch over all of the loot in the game to be walk over. If these changes go well we can expand it to more of our loot.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

> @dominious12 said:

> Bug: "Hidden Pouch" drops from Tyomora's lucky enchant do not auto-loot when you step on them.

We didn't switch over all of the loot in the game to be walk over. If these changes go well we can expand it to more of our loot.

Why not? Would it be harder to do all loot?

It's just confusing if some loot but not others will function this way. I think you should go all in.

• dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    It's an odd one to exclude considering all the other utility enchants drop loot straight to your bag.
  • vjarlvjarl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    Whoever came up with and implemented auto pickup will receive a sloppy, wet kiss from me if I should ever make it to the Cryptic offices. Warning delivered! Seriously, awesome QOL improvement!

Not sure if this is a bug or intended, but I did not auto pickup Hidden Pouches.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    > @dupeks said:
    >
    > Why not? Would it be harder to do all loot?
    >

Yes, of course. The general loot is centralized in one place and easy to work on. The remaining stuff is scattered throughout the game in critters, maps, powers, miscellaneous tables and encounter templates.

This change allows us to see how this plays out and could be switched back to interact loot in a decent amount of time if needed. And if it plays out well then the rest of the rewards can start being tackled.

The real change to tymoras would also be to make it go directly into inventory.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User

The real change to tymoras would also be to make it go directly into inventory.

Exactly this. Any and all drops from Utility enchants should go directly into inventory.
  • packrat0packrat0 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 130 Arc User
    Would it be possible to add an additional loot roll option so i can pass on trash gear, but still roll on refining items of the same quality?

Consider my username.
    Now imagine how that will collide with the endless stream of green trash gear that will get picked up, with no stacking.
  • aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User

While it's great to have the walk over loot option, you JUST added in an option to pass on lower quality items so you didn't have to roll on it - this same threshold should apply to my own loot as I walk around. I upped my threshold because I don't personally feel the need to pick up every green item that hits the ground, nor do I currently have the bag space to do so. I generally avoid the green drops as often as possible unless I see it's a black pearl and those I choose to pick up. That said.. This is murder to people's inventory space.

Suggestion is to categorize all the gemstone type items (Peridots, Black Pearls, Aquamarines etc) as the auto pick up but please consider adding the personal threshold as the "auto-pick-up" threshold here as well.

I also don't like how when you loot the skill nodes it pops out everything in it for you to pick up separately, like the green insignias and peridots, but leaves the general treasure loot to manually hit the "f" key to pick it up. At first I thought I didn't get anything from the kit, but then noticed it jumped out around me. Again, personally not a fan of that particular mechanic.
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Extended (alternate) leveling loot changed. You used to get a variety of items from opening your leveling bag. I assume it can still give you skill points, but it now only includes a random amount of RP and rAD. I think overall it is good, as that is mainly what people want. I open these bags during x2 enchants. Since it is RP and not gems, then I think it will no longer double the RP.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Autopickup of green items wouldn't be an issue if identification wasn't a thing.

Since we have the "convert all to RP option" anyway.

Though, honestly, that makes you wonder why we even HAVE trash equipment drops. For levels 1-69 maybe it sort of makes sense because you occasionally get something vaguely usable, but even that would probably be better off being replaced by store bought items and profession leveling items.

We should just stop gear from dropping from mobs ENTIRELY, and replace those drops with RP/more gold. Stop with the pointless "Identify all. Refine all." slog.
  • draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    lol another nerf.
    There goes one of the major gold sources away.