test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M15: Devoted Cleric Class Changes

Comments

• kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    Do NOT change brand the sun locking you in divinity mode!!!!!!! Break the spirit's casting animation screws up ingame if you rapidly cast 4 of it. Just try to do it you will see what I mean. The only way to stop this is either brand the sun or pop a daily after spamming the button. I highly doubt there is a single DC out there that doesn't like the passive divinity gain. PLEASE do not change this or fix the break the spirit casting animation spam loop. Basically if you try to do 3 divinity BTS's and then immediately an empowered BTS the game doesn't register that its now on cooldown and will repeatedly let you do infinity BTS animations till it comes back off cooldown. It is only BTS that does this.
  • ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    nerfed and hard, I am LOL'ing indeed. having a huge sigh of relief that I didnt waste resources on a second set of comp gear for my DO loadout as well, because I was actually starting to like playing as one. this really is completely unnacceptable for DO mains though; their spot is gone in end game without a doubt.
    im actually the gwf carry
  • undepartedundeparted Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I am completely disillusioned right now. I logged into the game and just stood in the campfire for little under an hour... What would be the point in farming CRL for seals? Why should I continue to upgrade my DO DC when I know what's coming. Obviously these are subject to change, but your trackrecord in that regard is very poor.

I play on Xbox btw, so I have a little more time than PC players to adjust. And I will wait and see the impact once it hit PC before my verdict. But if these changes goes through, it is the end of DO DC's. Instead of having 1 class with 2 build paths, we are back to only having 1 viable endgame build.

I suppose one could make the transition to the AC build, but I don't like that playstyle. On my DO DC I contribute with damage just under a templock. But on an AC DC I would be purely buffing. And while the enchantments might be easy to exchange into power and recovery ones, I still sit on artifacts, equipment and companion gear with critical strike and armorpenetration on. I would have to get new gear entirely. Not to mention the 7,3 million I had saved up for a month to buy a legendary t-rex, that has stats on it that I wouldn't need. Or my new Groot companion, along with my archons etc. that would need to be exchanged. All legendary dps companions that would no longer benefit me as an AC DC.

First we get the profession overhaul, which might be good, or might be bad. Again, given your trackrecord is most often the latter. Then you hit us with the salvage changes, which currently seem very much like a nerf. At least unless the numbers for RAD changes for the better as endgame chest rewards. Because it is very underwhelming in it's current form.

And now this...

If this hits PC in it's current state, then I don't see myself playing the game anymore. With Fallout, Battlefield and Red Dead Redemption on their way, and 2 of which will be open world, I will move on. And if I ever miss MMO's I will fetch my pc, But no more Neverwinter.

It is not just the above mentioned reasons. Every time, and I mean EVERY time, you introduce a new MOD with new content. You hit your community of players in the head with new game altering nerfs. There is always something. And you can try and disguise it as being buffs or changes so that new players will have an easier time, but we aren't stupid. If you were in any way shape or form just a little bit intelligent, you would bring up other buff classes on par with the DO and AC clerics. Rather than nerfing one build into the ground. I mean... is there anyone on your team with the IQ over a 10 year old... If you want to balance classes, yet have no clue how, then hire a cheap intern in form of a university student with specializations in complex analysis. Then you can happily sit back throwing donuts down your throat, while he does your work for you. Because it is abundantly clear that you have no clue.

You didn't only hit TI. You nerfed PoD and FF as well. Making it impossible to play a DO DC. We will bring nothing unique to the table in endgame raids. AC DC's will have AA, BtS and Exaltation. Who would choose a DO over an AC with these changes?
  • reaper#3644 reaper Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Why not nerf the powershare of AA instead of TI since pally's can powershare and that would end the 2 dc meta and keep as you the Dev's said the popular do dc path?
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    nachox24 said:

I do not understand your concept of attacking the target of 2 DC nerf to DO many people like to go to the dungeons with only DO as DC, if you really want to attack the target of 2 dc Improve the buff of the other classes so that if it is worth the sorry to take something else in DC as it happens with the DPS in the "Meta" many people leaving to go with GWF or HR because the damage of the TR was greater the same thing happened with the supports that I did not take 2 dc if there was another powerful buffer

they dont want to impose 1tank 1 healer 3 dps on private queue so do dc take the blow
  • bluebubbl3sbluebubbl3s Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

nachox24 said:

I do not understand your concept of attacking the target of 2 DC nerf to DO many people like to go to the dungeons with only DO as DC, if you really want to attack the target of 2 dc Improve the buff of the other classes so that if it is worth the sorry to take something else in DC as it happens with the DPS in the "Meta" many people leaving to go with GWF or HR because the damage of the TR was greater the same thing happened with the supports that I did not take 2 dc if there was another powerful buffer

they dont want to impose 1tank 1 healer 3 dps on private queue so do dc take the blow
    so they kill the do and the 2 dc meta dies... quickly replaced with the acdc/templock meta. either way, there is a freaking meta created by the "pugs" who read the stupid blogs/posts of the elite gamers and think that it applies to everything while knowing nothing. and then they all complain about it.

the worst thing the devs did was introduce random queues for rewards/ad generation where you cannot control/do no know who you are going on dungeons with. its a disaster from the outset and thats what has created the "controversy" about these "metas".

dcs are the best buffing/debuffing class... it makes sense that you want clerics in your party. but i dont understand why you nerf one and not the other???

The issue is not that the do is too good, the issue is that the buffs/debuffs in this game have gone to the extreme and now they cant balance anything, so the devs come up with these stupid ideas and kill a whole viable paragon path. the wrong kneejerk reaction to the complaints of those who cry the loudest.

on a side note, perhaps the devs should look to reward Guildies for running content together, instead of encouraging random pug queues. it would be a good way to encourage players to join viable, active, organised guilds instead of having thousands of tiny ranked guilds with three players in it. why dont you try to encourage community among guilds and alliances instead of among pugs - who then would complain about the meta of two clerics when they can get all the runs they want in a guild where things are shared around and you know who you are playing with, so higher chance of success.
    Myth (CW & DC)
    Guild Leader - Valaurakari Ascension

VA is the creator and proud member of The Round Table Alliance
  • pakas#8388 pakas Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I am actually looking forward to running content as a single DC again even if it makes the run a bit slower, its more challanging and fun, its true the DO is dead but its not like making the transition to AC is impossible and you have enough time to plan ahead.
    I get most of the changes that are announced here the only thing that doesn't make sense to me is the upgrade to divinity at-will. Who is ever using them ? You heal/do damage/buff better with a divinity encounter than our divinity at wills. Even after you will "buff" those skills who's gonna want to spend their divinity without gaining empowerment stacks ? As long as you don't get empowerment stacks from using the skill in divinity it doesn't make real sense especially since the AP gain from it is so minor compared to what you get from any other skill (even after 50% buff to it). If you could get empowerment stack while draining the divinity with at will that might make the skill useful, until then I don't know who might use it and in which situation.
    Seems like it's really an irrelvant boost to those skills.
  • pakas#8388 pakas Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2018

can I ask why you didn't nerf aa into the ground instead of TI? can we petition for the other tree to be nerfed into the ground instead of us? respectfully of course...

They nerfed AC few times already to make DOs viable.
    First they nerfed AA which used to work better and more consistent and the buff couldn't get stripped away(which was kind of a bug I guess), then they nerfed the base power AA gives from 50% to 33%, and the biggest nerf to AC was with the changes to Bonding Stones and Companions Gift since most of the power share came from the companion, the every 2 second refresh use to work to the benefit of the AC not to mention the drop from 300% share to 195% on Bonding.
    So you used to share 50% and get a total of 400% from it, and now you share 33% and you share 295% of it. At 60k power it a difference of 120k shared power to 59k power from AA (a bit less than half).
    AC was nerfed all over and DO was buffed few mods ago making TI a strong buff regardless of itemlevel.

The AC is still more of a complete end game buffer than DO even before the changes so nerf to AC to the ground would mean in general worse groups. If they want to make it so only 1 DC is needed in a run its good they choose the AC cause choosing the DO would've made the run slower and harder.
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    > @strathkin said:
    > Terrifying Insight: Seeing the inevitable destruction of your foes, you deal 10/15/20/25% more damage. Damaging an enemy also lowers their damage resistance by 4/6/8/10% for 5 seconds
    >
    >
    >
    > This right here effectively removes the DO DC from the game. An AC using power buffing is going to give any party a far larger damage increase now than any DO will be able to even combining this with hallowed ground.
    >
    >
    > I respectfully disagree I think it leave's Devine in a FINE place and I have one of every class. I mean honestly mostly Cleric's regardless of Paragon Devine or Anointed both of use Light Gift's and both often mostly use Righteous as well or a Righteous Hybrid with 2-3 FEATs in another path.
    >
    > To be fair I think the CRYPTIC team did a GREAT job on this likely HARD call. I mean both Cleric's can still give their 10% base power share which PROCs instantly unlike a Paladin, whom you require to stay within range for 6s and loose it instantly, and then have to wait 6s again before you regain it.
    >
    > Still having said that - they took the 20% damage away from the Party with Terrifying Insight. Cause remember today it ONLY gives 8%, +4%, +4%, +4% or 20% in total, and instead increased it to 25% but only for the Cleric. So it's TRUE the party doesn't get the 20% damage boost as well, but they still do get something in a DEBUFF to enemies the Cleric damages, "Damaging an enemy also lowers their damage resistance by 4/6/8/10% for 5 seconds."
    >
    > So I think you missed Terrifying Insight now gives 25% damage boost to Cleric not 20%!
    >
    > So I think that's a FAIR compromise even if I may be slightly less popular for awhile for having said so. And I think most changes I've reviewed so FAR I've largely been quite supportive of. I do however THINK the changes ABOVE should at least have them reconsider 1 or 2 things for Cleric at the very least:
    > * DEBUFF out to 5%, 7.5%, 10%, 12.5% so it's perhaps a little more significant!
    >
    > * or Perhaps Extend Light Gifts from 2%, 4%, 6%, 8%, 10% out to 3%, 6%, 9%, 12%, 15%?
    >
    >
    > Still remember that despite the above changes a Cleric's base damage is also increasing by 5%! So I mean people let's TRY and at least be FAIR about this, and if we still think it's a problem maybe ask the DEBUFF or LIGHT GIFTS be extended a little bit more! Those might be two FAIR area's they may reconsider?
    >
    > I thought so far the one truly FAIR observation or comment was with respect to Guardian Fighters! Someone had commented why there were no boosts to their TANK builds, and I thought that was likely one area that perhaps did indeed get overlooked... :o
    >
    > @balanced#2849

Are you serious? Do you actually play endgame DO? You’re actually trying to say a DO with a 25% DPS boost and slight debuff is BETTER than the ENTIRE GROUP GETTING a dps boost? REALLY????

And what about POD and FF changes? These changes will kill the DO class as a viable endgame support and we will all see the new AC/temp meta. No way a non TI DO gets into a good CR group unless it’s out of charity.
  • oldschooldndplyroldschooldndplyr Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    not happy with these changes.
  • patruciuspatrucius Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2018

I don't agree. And I already have been seeing a move to more flexibility than the meta in group content towards dcs there is room for both. totally decimating a tree from group content because some classes are salty that they don't get more runs isn't fair or balanced. the balance should be bringing other classes UP to that level instead of killing off other peoples game play. Do's will be a smeller sewer dweller now. no one will want one near them. that's not cool. I spent many millions on my Do. now it's good for nothing and the stuff is bound. cw's are in a great place this next mod. so imo they have no room to come to the dc forum and spit on the people who have just had their paths crushed.

I completely agree with you that the nerf to DO is in no way a good solution to anything and is going to completely bar DOs from endgame content which isn't fun for anyone. However, the CW is most definitely NOT in a good place come mod 15, the class is set up to receive a sweeping set of nerfs across the board, from their ability to DPS to their utility as buff/debuffers. Just wanted to straighten that out.

Hopefully the nerfs to CW won't go forward as currently outlined, and I really freaking hope that the nerf to Terrifying Insight doesn't go through to live.

• keadron#3660 keadron Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Now the DO will be kicked from groups, forced to play AC again. I hated playing AC before and have no wish to return to it. This is a horrible decision