test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Salvage and Dungeon Chests

Comments

• empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    BTW I think there are some new chests in some dungeons...at least the new campaign store highly suggests that fact lol
  • avenfellavenfell Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Idk, 16k dps here, I personally do not enjoy running the majority of the dungeons and just do a quick RLQ and RIQ and then farm 5/6 bar trash mobs in barovia for my daily 100k RaD.

If the RaD from HEs is reasonable I can live with this change but if im going to be forced to spend more then 20-30min a day with the majority of this games player base I will be moving on to other games.

The devs need to actually play real characters on real servers, in reality nearly every run someone straight up leechs b/c they know the instance will be completed before they can be kicked or the other 4 players or frozen in time at 10-11k ilv b/c the vast majority just roll another alt when it takes longer then 6 seconds to get higher item level.

Idm changes, but please stop telling us that they are to "improve the flow of the game", they are obviously meant to "improve your revenue flow". Every thing you guys have done lately directly impacts player's abilities to generate income outside of swiping their visa or mastercard.

16k+ Combat HR
  • zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    "In our continuing effort to improve the player experience and our gameplay flow" - I don't know if pro trolling or elite troll right now.
    IF YOU GUYS WANT TO SHUT DOWN THE GAME, JUST SHUT IT DOWN ALREADY.

Wow. You guys are absolutely killing the game. Why don't you look up how often any low level. Dungeon or skirmish is ran at this point. It's nill. Now you're going to remove any incentive for people to run dungeons. You don't have a staff large enough to make enough rewards that would actually mean something to the player base. We run dungeons in hopes of a cool item we can sell because the RNG is HAMSTER and the actual rewards one might go for are sub pat at best. We continue to run them because at least we can earn RAD. Now? If you can't run codg or t9g forget getting a group. Only rewards that matter are UES at this point and I'm 100% certain you'll remove those from the game by mod 16 and make it zen only purchase and completely kill your content. Just close your doors and focus on magic instead of suffocating NW with really dumb decisions that HURT your player base.

You're making a LOT of assumptions here, mostly wrong. I have 2 14k+ il toons, and I still run the leveling dungeons 'cause they're fun, I get to help newbies experience the dungeons and it's not a bad daily AD source. You're right about the RNG, but you can still turn the chest rewards into RP. If you can't put together a group of guildies, you are either in the wrong guild or nobody likes you.
    Fun?... What the heck is fun about the leveling dungeons other than while you are leveling?... Which isn't even fun at all because you will more likely get a level 70 in there that will 1 hit kill everything, what is wrong with you?

And the sole purpose of doing dungeons even is to get a gear at least at the end you can salvage (since gear 99% of the times gear never drops on the first boss and mid-bosses). With this change, no one will run dungeons at all, I mean like why? Once you get your gear from that dungeon there is no point to run it again unless the gear RP is 20,000 per gear or whatever, which is highly doubtful.
    Jixem: Your social one stop spot.
    STAR TREK ONLINE CHARACTERS
    DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: NEVERWINTER CHARACTERS
    "Sell, buy, communicate and share all on one site... A fully free service!
    - Jixem: My social website, check it out! -
  • cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    avenfell said:

If the RaD from HEs is reasonable I can live with this change but if im going to be forced to spend more then 20-30min a day with the majority of this games player base I will be moving on to other games.

Ran a SHE, you get 100 rAD for completion (150 with bonus). Not enough people were around to see what a big one gives. I noticed one of the seal vendors in the Seven Suns market has UES on sale for a new currency, so re-rolls along with that should see a pretty big drop in the value of that chase item.
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    So ... after running a few things on preview, this is what I got for RAD:

Kessel's Retreat - 2500 RAD rerolled it to 2750 RAD
    Valindra's Tower - 2500 RAD + 4000 RAD (bonus chest)
    eTOS - 2500 RAD
    eGWD - Zero RAD + 10,000 RAD (bonus chest)
    Bank Heist (Silver) - 3000 RAD
    Bank Heist (Gold) - 4000 RAD
    Spellplague (Master) - Free chest insists we need a key, Bonus chest no RAD and no rerolls (BUG)

This is going to be an awful lot of dungeon runs every day to make up for the loss of salvage,
    Post edited by kiraskytower on
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    Sign me up. Im ready. Everything about this is good and is a step in the right direction of removing the insane amount of stockpiled wealth from the economy.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    I think the values should be reevaluated for the rad rewards, considering that an epic temple of the spider give 2500 rad with a 100k refinement limit is ridiculous. 40 runs to cap out for the day isn't ideal. Maybe rewarded rad for kessels is fine for instance but the difficulty increase from kessels to etos should be enough to warrent a better outcome. 4-5k would be a pretty decent amount. For a tier 3 like FBI I would imagine maybe 9-12k. Heroics are tricky cuz of infinite repawns and how easy they are. 100 might not be much but I can understand that reasoning at least I also know that this is an alternative and u would prefer the use of random queues. Higher tiers of rad for more difficult content will make more players more willing to try to complete random queue instances like fbi/mspc. Just a thought but I hope u consider this feedback @noworries#8859
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

I think the values should be reevaluated for the rad rewards, considering that an epic temple of the spider give 2500 rad with a 100k refinement limit is ridiculous. 40 runs to cap out for the day isn't ideal. Maybe rewarded rad for kessels is fine for instance but the difficulty increase from kessels to etos should be enough to warrent a better outcome. 4-5k would be a pretty decent amount. For a tier 3 like FBI I would imagine maybe 9-12k. Heroics are tricky cuz of infinite repawns and how easy they are. 100 might not be much but I can understand that reasoning at least I also know that this is an alternative and u would prefer the use of random queues. Higher tiers of rad for more difficult content will make more players more willing to try to complete random queue instances like fbi/mspc. Just a thought but I hope u consider this feedback @noworries#8859

I didn't try it out myself, but did they remove the AD bonus from random queues?

You could get over 20k just from random leveling and random intermediate. On 2 chars, that's already 40k per day, before accounting for the actual dungeon rewards. And I don't think the game really intends for you to cap out your 100k every day

edited September 2018

I didn't try it out myself, but did they remove the AD bonus from random queues?

You could get over 20k just from random leveling and random intermediate. On 2 chars, that's already 40k per day, before accounting for the actual dungeon rewards. And I don't think the game really intends for you to cap out your 100k every day

That the thing people don't seem to get.
    Just because there's a cap doesn't mean its a target.
    If RAD cap was 100mil daily would everyone be farming 100mil rad? No.
    You'd be farming as much as you can/want/need.

People got to used to Barovian hunts.
    See, that is where you are wrong.
    It is not just the hunts, I mean even now it is easy to max your AD on your account quickly by doing dungeons, you don't have to do the hunts - yes it is far faster doing just the hunts but still. Now if you are only going to get like 4,000 AD for a full dungeon run.... Yeah, to get 100,000 AD is going to take bloody ages, ain't no one got time for that!
    edited September 2018

Just the new skirmish gold is 4k.. Pretty easy to do and fast.

That is what you do not understand... Now this new skirmish is all people going to do for the AD grind, nothing else. People don't want to be wasting their time in the game, they go for the easy street always so don't act like you don't know.

You make yourself look crazy.

And you over here talking about luck, you serious trying to make a valid statement with such ignorance as people have more luck than you? Luck goes to everyone and everything, that is a universal aspect of life no one can control or make better, while someone re-rolls 5 times, you might have to re-roll 20 to get what you need or want. You can go in a run and get amazing chest pieces and then not get anything at all next few runs, come on. Do not try to cover the sun with one finger because sadly, the sun is still there. Why are you even talking about how much time you play?.. It is no one's problem but yours how much time you have to play in the day. The whole world doesn't has to change just for you, this is a game for everyone, it doesn't revolve around just you. You just trying to validate things with such small close minded opinions that I do not even know why you sit there and type in the first place.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

So ... after running a few things on preview, this is what I got for RAD:

Kessel's Retreat - 2500 RAD rerolled it to 2750 RAD
    Valindra's Tower - 2500 RAD + 4000 RAD (bonus chest)
    eTOS - 2500 RAD
    eGWD - Zero RAD + 10,000 RAD (bonus chest)
    Bank Heist (Silver) - 3000 RAD
    Bank Heist (Gold) - 4000 RAD
    Spellplague (Master) - Free chest insists we need a key, Bonus chest no RAD and no rerolls (BUG)

This is going to be an awful lot of dungeon runs every day to make up for the loss of salvage,

Can't help but agree with that. At *minimum*, it should reflect the salvage value of the gear one could reasonably expect to get from the dungeon. Kessels usually got you a blue piece, so 2500-ish is about right.

eTOS+, though, was at least 1 piece of epic gear (4400-5500 rAD when salvaged). ToNG is at least 2 pieces (one from each chest, plus the possibility of more from the other 2 bosses), and should therefore be in the 11k-22k range (biased to the lower end, but still...).

And note - all these numbers are *before* you add in any bonus ad from invoking. So you can probably add 25% to them all just to cover that.

edited September 2018

Blah, blah, blah blah, blaaaaaaaah!

Son, let me tell you something.
    I play this game 16 hours daily because I can, I can sit here and play this game even full straight 24hs if I wanted too, 11 characters with all of them having all campaigns done, yes including Storm Kings Thunder + also all close to 13-14k GS. And I am all up with 22 fully maxed out characters in Star Trek Online. Play the game?... Buddy I play the game very effectively, see I like playing the game to what benefits me the most and what gets me what I want faster. See, based on all the text you have written, you are still thinking about yourself and the time you have to play, but what you do not understand is that you can have all the time in the world but if you do not set goals and find the shortcuts - you going be in the same loop forever. And if you seriously do not believe me, you can check out all my characters right there:
    https://jixem.com/Esexy/databases

I'm not playing and I am not even joking, the facts are there. And I haven't even added my over 30+ maxed out Champions Online characters to that list. See your problem is the same as those people who are like you, just pointing out about luck and time you have to play totally shows who you really are. All you really are is just someone that wants everything placed to you on a silver platter and be given everything in just the one hour or whatever you have to play and you over here talking about me trying to haul. But again, if you think I am trying to offend you, well it seems you trying to offend yourself - because unlike you, I am actually thinking of everyone, not just myself.

And I only have one account.
  • So what about the daily vip enchantment key? If you are truly trying to get rid of the loyal players you are doing a good job of it..
    edited September 2018

Meh.

Flame a bait?... Do you even read what you say before you type it or is English not your native language? People aren't going to play more, they are just going to leave and do something else more productive. You the one replying nonsense and making up you don't understand logic, but hey okay - I leave you at that. Just know it is going to take you even longer in your little one hour per day crusades to reach your goals in the game after this mod is set in.

And people who really flame and bait are the ones that talk about it or mention it. I am addressing you with facts, with something you can not witness yourself which is playing long hours because that is what I do, I only play long hours. But you don't know how playing long hours feels like now do you?.. I'm just letting you know but apparently you can't understand that logic so what's the point of even speaking to you?... Make no sense.
    @noworries#8859 you know what I would really like?... If VIP Rank 12 would get all guild boons added to them. So I wouldn't have to be forced to be part of a guild.... Oh well, one can dream, lol!
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

So what about the daily vip enchantment key? If you are truly trying to get rid of the loyal players you are doing a good job of it..

You still get the lockbox key. It's the dungeon keys that are being swapped out for rerolls on the chest they previously opened.

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    yeah the two dungeons I played felt like less than what you get now. significantly. it's a definite nerf.
  • wintermurlocwintermurloc Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I have'nt got into preview as yet and probaby won't till I get back home which is another 16 hrs with the transit flights included. If anyone who did test all the queues would be kind enough to let me know what you earned from req's, raq's and so forth.. and what are the repeat bonuses?
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    So I have to run 3/4 times the number of dungeons I run now to even come close to the 100k daily limit, gotcha.
  • emuriannemuriann Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Just hopped on the preview server before I started posting here, also actually read all the 8 pages of discussion.

Seems we get F'ed I am sorry to say. I ran ETOS, gained 2 500 AD from the end chest.

You used to be guaranteed a purple item in the end chest worth 4 000 AD on top of having a chance to find 2 additional items netting you somewhere between 4-12k AD per run and 120 seals aka 1/2 a ring (excluding VIP additional salvage, praying yadayada)

Yes I understand we don't need a key now, but key prices on AH tend to fluctuate around 2-3k anyway. Aside that the VIP players most likely have a HAMSTER ton of keys stockpiled (like me) anyway and thus don't feel that ''spend X AD to buy a key to open end chest''. If I would advocate for cryptic here you could say: Yah you got 4 000 AD in terms of salvage for a key you spend 2k on, so now you net 500 AD more then before! uh yes, except its quite common to find at least 1 more drop per run from the mini bosses. .

Now this came to my mind: Purple item is now worth 300 RP. Used to be worth 4 000 AD. Price of a stack of peridots is now near 4k on AH meaning you where getting 5 000 RP versus the 300 you get now. Now lets say prices double on peridot stacks, that's still a 2 200 RP difference per purple gear found.

So, if all T1 and T2 dungeons give the same loot (cant say anything about the T3 because I couldn't find a group for it, nor someone that could confirm the RAD that drops there for me) that will simply mean people will go Shores of Tuern as that one is around 3-4 min on average versus the 7-10 ETOS runs or 9-15 min CN runs. (I realize CN has a chance to drop Orcus shard, but that item will sink hard in value once people start flooding the AH with all these rerolls).

Thus I would like to know:
    #1 Can someone confirm for me how much RAD we get from a Tier 3 dungeon.
    #2 How is this actually helping the players at all? This just has NERF written all over it in my eyes.
    #3 Why is there no scaling in terms of RAD reward based upon the average time you spend in an epic dungeon?
    #4 With this reroll system, some of the FEW valuable items left to find in this game will drop in price (Orcus shard, fragmented key of stars) What alternatives do we have to make money aside this Random / RAD end chest AD?

People will steer away from content they might have been willing to run before for that ''500k chase item''. an occurrence that already happened with the release of the new masterworks that doesn't use any of the old crafting mats that drop in a dungeon. People are no longer motivated to run FBI at all, before MW4-5 ppl where less opposed to running FBI due to the manticore mane/hide. Nowadays people don't want to run FBI AT ALL because there is NOTHING in that dungeon that drops that's worth your time. I foresee the same happening with other content when the items devalue.

#5 Somewhat off topic, but I am curious how much of the player base has decreased their overall playtime thanks to the 100k AD cap that has been implemented. I can at least speak for myself, and quite some people in my alliance and friend list, that are demotivated to keep playing for the day once they hit that 100k AD cap. The main reason for me to keep playing is to help out my guildies, as a guild leader. But you can not expect the overall playerbase to be altruistic like that. The cap coupled with these changes might actually demotivate people further to keep playing once they have done their randoms. Do you guys aim for players to login, do their daily 4 random dungeons and then call it a day? Because that's how it feels to me of the way we are heading right now.

• ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Yeah, RAD earning from Dungeons are screwed over completely. It is no longer worth trying to get a specific piece of Barovia equipment from the chest because of all the worthless HAMSTER you get from the chests that doesn't give the piece you want.
    Hunting too is no a waste of time unless you're chasing something specific, so good luck finding hunt mates for three star hunts at random after this mod drops.

This is all over meant to be a gigantic nerf to the AD earning and I wish @noworries#8859 and everyone else would be honest about what it is.
    Along with the class screw over, I mean, update, I'm quite frankly out. It is clear that they're not interested in players who are not able to throw hundreds of dollars at this game, but they're too dishonest to actually go p2p.
    Anyway, I'm out with this mod. If I want to go p2p I'd go play WoW or something.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Sources of rAD that are lost:

Weeklies: I don't like having to do weeklies to get rAD, so I don't really mind this, but weeklies that used to give salvagable items like Fane of the Night Serpent no longer provides rAD, this loss is not made up for.

Treasure Maps:Again, not a way of getting rAD that I've employed much. But it is a sorce nonetheless. After this change, treasure maps are a lot more pointless.

Hunts: Obviously these give a lot less rAD now, and I assume that's intended considering how much they gave before. But now the cards don't make sense, epic cards used to mean good loot, now blue barovia coin cards are much better. Epic cards don't feel epic anymore.

I can understand nerfing rAD income, but why remove variety different ways of getting rAD and force people to play the game only 1 way instead of the way they enjoy? It will only make dungeons get boring faster.
  • emuriannemuriann Member Posts: 14 Arc User

emuriann said:

#5 Somewhat off topic, but I am curious how much of the player base has decreased their overall playtime thanks to the 100k AD cap that has been implemented. I can at least speak for myself, and quite some people in my alliance and friend list, that are demotivated to keep playing for the day once they hit that 100k AD cap.

I haven't bothered hitting the cap in months. Making money becomes pointless. I have two classes. I don't enjoy the play style of the other ones. No reason to spend AD.
    I spend most of my time in enclave whilst tabbed out playing old school tetris :)
    Yah I remember some of those deep discussions you held in zone chat last week out of boredom ;).

Im always short on AD. Trying to level a guild is quite expensive, even when you get (ALLOT) of help from your alliance. If you really have no clue wtf to spend money on try making a guild as a sideproject. It won't take long before your pockets are empty. . .
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    one concern, that evil naughty RNG keep repeating same loots, that how i feel being burned and stab in the back.