Hey Hunter Rangers,
Hunter Ranger has had some adjustments in the past and, while they are in a fairly good state, there are still some improvements that we wanted to make. In this update, we primarily focused on creating a more viable Archery build as well as some minor buffs to encounter powers that we expect to be used in that build.
We also focused on the buffs that are applied through the various animal-based powers, such as Boar Hide and Stag Heart. A lot of these buffs were lackluster, unclear in what they did, and scaled in a weird way with power ranks. All of these things have been addressed and a new class feature has replaced Battlehoned that will hopefully allow these to see more use. We actually did tune down Hawkeye a bit because even though we want these to be used more, we want them to be more utility focused instead of damage focused.
Aspect of the Serpent is something that we’re experimenting with as well. It stacking up to 3 times adds a couple of different gameplay elements. It means that the first stack consumed makes your attack hit very hard and it means that you can do all 3 encounters and then 1 at-will rotation and have your full stacks back. We are hoping that this gives trapper a slight damage boost as well as other builds that switch stances often.
Finally, we wanted to touch up some class features in Pathfinder as most of them weren’t being used, or were being used in very specific situations. Two of them have been slightly revamped so that they can be stronger in end-game content, but probably won’t end up replacing your heavy hitting features. The other will increase the effectiveness of your animal-based buffs and should offer a more unique build to help your team.
Actually, we were able to get one more fix in and that would be for the shift power. We saw that it was consistently breaking when trying to dodge things so we adjusted the immunity frames to start more near the beginning of the animation.
- Shift: There should no longer be a delay before the “Dodge” effect kicks in
- Weak Grasping Roots: Duration increased to 1.5 seconds (up from 1)
- Strong Grasping Roots: Duration increased to 3 seconds (up from 2)
- Constricting Arrow: Grasping Root range increased to 12’ (up from 10’)
- Hawkshot: Base damage reduced by 50%
- Hawkshot: Damage dealt based on range has been adjusted / reworked
- Now grants between 1.33-2.00x damage based on range (up from 0.5-1.5x)
- Hawkshot: Should no longer keep you locked into the animation for a small period of time after being used
- Plant Growth: Root duration reduced to 10 seconds (down from 20 seconds)
- Plant Growth: Root duration reduced to 5 seconds against players (down from 10 seconds)
Buff revamp for HR:
- All Buffs: Companions can no longer benefit from these powers
- All Buffs: Now affects up to 5 targets, (excluding yourself) at rank 1
- All Buffs: No longer increases the amount of allies affected per rank
- All Buffs: No longer requires allies to be in your party
- All Buffs: No longer half as effective for allies
- Boar Hide (Revamped): Grants you, and nearby allies, 5 stacks of “Thick Skin” which increases your damage resistance by 4% per stack. Taking damage removes a single stack.
- Boar Hide: Now reduces the cooldown of Boar Hide by 1 sec / rank
- Hawkeye (Revamped): Grants you, and nearby allies, “Hawkeye” for 5 seconds. “Hawkeye” increases the damage you deal with encounter powers by 5% (down from 15%).
- Hawkeye: Now increases the effectiveness of the buff by 2.5% per rank
- Oak Skin (Revamped): Enhances yourself, as well as nearby allies, with “Oaken Skin” for 9 seconds. “Oaken Skin” heals you for 9% of your maximum hit points over its duration and increases your incoming healing by 10% while active.
- Oak Skin: Increases the percent of hit points healed by 3% per rank
- Stag Heart (Revamped): Grants you, and nearby allies, “Stag Heart” for 5 seconds. “Stag Heart” grants you 7.5% of your maximum hit points as temporary health
- Stag Heart: Now increases the amount of Temp Health gained by 2.5% per rank
- Fox's Cunning (Revamped): Duration reduced to 8 seconds (down from 12 seconds)
- Fox's Cunning: Base Cooldown increased to 22 seconds (up from 20)
- Fox's Cunning: Now reduces the cooldown of Fox's Cunning by 2 second per rank (rather than 3 seconds at rank 4
- Aspect of the Serpent (Revamped): Damage reduced to 2.5% per stack (down from 3%)
- Aspect of the Serpent: Damage per rank reduced to 2.5% per stack (down from 3%)
- Aspect of the Serpent: Maximum Stacks increased to 3 (up from 2)
- Bladestorm (Revamp): Chance reduced to 20% (down from 25%)
- Bladestorm: Damage increased to 16% at rank 1 (up from 5%)
- Bladestorm: Damage increased to 8% at each rank (up from 5%)
- Bladestorm: Artifact off-hand bonus: Now states that it increases the total damage done by Bladestorm by 10%
- Bladestorm: This class feature should no longer be double mitigated by level 73 enemies
- Twin Blade Storm: Damage increased to 5% at rank 1 (up from 4%)
- Twin Blade Storm: Damage increased to 5% per rank (up from 4%)
- Stormstep Action (Revamp): Now reduces the cooldown of encounters based on AP spent
- Up to 2 seconds off at 100% AP spent
- Stormstep Action: Cooldown Reduction increased to 2 seconds at rank 1 (up from 1 second)
- Stormstep Action: Cooldown Reduction increased to 1 second for each rank-up (up from 0.5 seconds)
- Stormstep Action: No longer has reduced value if triggered multiple times within 10 seconds.
- Pathfinder's Action: Run Speed increased to 10% at rank 1 (up from 6%)
- Pathfinder's Action: Deflection chance increased to 10% at rank 1 (up from 5%)
- Pathfinder's Action: Run speed per rank-up reduced to 5% (down from 6%)
- Battlehoned (Completely Reworked): Replaced with “Primal Instincts"
- Primal Instincts: Now increases the effectiveness of Boar Hide, Hawkeye, Oak Skin, and Stag Heart by 20% (+10% per rank). and Fox's Cunning's duration by the same amount
- Primal Instincts (Artifact Power): Now increases Regen rating by 500 (up from 100)
- Cruel Recovery (Reworked): Duration changed to 10 seconds at all ranks (from +4 seconds per rank)
- Cruel Recovery: No longer increases effect duration at each rank
- Cruel Recovery: Now stacks up to 4 times
- Cruel Recovery: Maximum Stack Count increased by 2 at each rank
- Bottomless Quiver: Tooltip changed to state “Your Ranged powers recharge X% faster” (functionality unchanged)
- Bottomless Quiver: Recharge speed increased to 8/16/24/32/40% (up from 6/12/18/24/30%)
- Stillness of the Forest (Reworked): Now increases your damage dealt and crit chance by 0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5% for each second that you stand still, stacking up to 6 times. You will lose 1 stack per second while moving. Stacks are not lost while out of combat.
- Predator (Reworked): Using a ranged encounter power applies "Prey" to the first target hit for 10 seconds. You deal 20% increased damage to the first target hit by your powers and this bonus is doubled for targets affected by Prey. Prey may only be active on one target at a time and cannot be reapplied until it expires.
- Predator: Now correctly increases the damage you deal to an enemy (Rather than decrease the enemy's damage resistance for your attacks)
- Predator: This feat is no longer half as effective on players
- Ancient Roots: Weak Grasping Roots duration lowered to .4/.8/1.2/1.6/2 (from .5/1/1.5/2/2.5)
- Ancient Roots: Strong Grasping Roots duration lowered to .8/1.6/2.4/3.2/4 (from 1/2/3/4/5)