test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Salvage and Dungeon Chests

Comments

• alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User

You should be playing the game, instead you are just farming. You should be having fun and looking forward to new content, instead you are in Protector's Enclave having toxic conversations. I am hoping that most of you will enjoy this new content in Mod 15. Remember games are meant to be played, enjoyed, and conversations fun. If you are getting bent about RAD and BAD (bonus AD) then you are working the game and not playing it.

That's fair, but the devs continue to build a game where subsystems are focused on grinding and farming. They don't have to build that game. I would really like to see new/changed subsystems (such as Dungeon Chests, Professions, and VIP) reward fun play, de-emphasize grind, and make non-adventuring tasks more efficient and less grindy.

Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • malignantmind#3340 malignantmind Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    My big question that I don't think has been asked or answered yet is.... Will there be a limit on RAD drops from dungeons? Will we only be able to get a certain amount in a single day, or is it still going to be effectively unlimited like it is now with salvage? As long as the RAD rewards are comparable to what we'd already get for salvage from a dungeon, and there's not some absurdly low limit on how much we can get in a day (remember Devs, we can only refine so much now, let us stockpile), then I'm absolutely fine with these changes. Also, what about dungeons with multiple bosses? CN is a good example... Will the bosses still drop the same items now that can no longer be salvaged, or will they drop like, a bag of RAD? Or are those drops just going to be RP and transmute fodder?

• xxaaaxxxxaaaxx Member Posts: 14 Arc User

The developers messed up 5 years ago when they based the Auction House on AD and not the Gold standard (as they did on their 2 prior games) as that system still works. The error, in my opinion is not able to be "fixed" by any means. Currently in STO (Star Trek Online) I can purchase Zen there for 1 for 273 as you can you see in this screen shot of the ZAX. It is hard to believe Neverwinter is developed under the same roof as Star Trek and Champions.

To be fair, even with its "gold standard", STOs version of the ZAX was headed for 500:1 as well, until they added the Phoenix prize pack as a MASSIVE dilithium sink. I don't disagree that having AD be the auction house currency was probably the wrong choice, and it's probably the reason why the same trick wouldn't work here.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User

Why are people even complaining about gear being turned about RP? That's just a side effect. What needs to be observed is the RAD given by chests because this is what is replacing the gear, not the RP you get from the gear.

Probably because most players get too much RP as it is, and now that they have gotten their arti's to legendary, they mainly sell the RP for AD on the AH. Free RP from the chests cuts into their profits :anguished: /.
    i think ur missing the point entirely here,,, yes it cuts into profits of selling rp for ad on ah with the free rp from chests (salvagable gear).... what you're not getting is that-
    yes ppl complaining about the rp but not for the reason you're thinking......
    the complaints of the rp are because the rp is replaceing salvahe gear therefore cutting into a persons RAD (most likely)..... not that the free rp from chest and salvag gear is cutting into their profits of selling rp on ah for ad..... but the fact that salvage gear for ad is being replaced by salvage gear for rp henceforth cutting into a players RAD gain (again mostly likely anyways)
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    After looking at this and letting it settle in to what I think will happen. Unless they remove the bonus AD from alts this will be an incentive for people to run more alts through content to get their daily rAD cap because you can't salvage the gear on the alt character. This will mean more of the alts running through dungeons instead of what was nice before with only seeing the main toons for most of the dungeon runs for players who run a lot of randoms.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k

My big question that I don't think has been asked or answered yet is.... Will there be a limit on RAD drops from dungeons? Will we only be able to get a certain amount in a single day, or is it still going to be effectively unlimited like it is now with salvage? As long as the RAD rewards are comparable to what we'd already get for salvage from a dungeon, and there's not some absurdly low limit on how much we can get in a day (remember Devs, we can only refine so much now, let us stockpile), then I'm absolutely fine with these changes. Also, what about dungeons with multiple bosses? CN is a good example... Will the bosses still drop the same items now that can no longer be salvaged, or will they drop like, a bag of RAD? Or are those drops just going to be RP and transmute fodder?

uh my guess would be- member what they did with the rp values??? expect something along those lines with this lol and if not.... im shocked lol
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    is it live on test yet?

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

is it live on test yet?

Doesn't look like it. Try in a few more hours.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    @frozenfirevr

And then, you'll get more from VIP.

It depends - for now we gona get 1 token for 2 keys in our banks right?
    So having VIP rank 12 will give me 1 or 2 tokens - even if its gona be 3 tokens - its not enaugh for a full reroll of 1 chest :D so .... temptation remains
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

What should I do with hundreds of keys given by VIP or legendary keys bought via ZEN? Do you think a REROLL TOKEN for the oh-so-slight possibility to drop something is enough?

Uh, right now those keys require that you run the dungeon, then give you the contents of a single chest.

After this change, your first chest is free (VIP key) or costs a campaign/legendary key (campaign chests), and you can immediately spend additional keys to trade the contents of the chest for the contents you would have after another run, without running again.

Sure, if you run the dungeon again you get BOTH chests, so that's probably what you'll want to do with, like, Mystic Dragon Keys where the dungeon takes 3 minutes to run, but getting a Peridot from TONG and being able to immediately spend a key (3 free per character per day!) for a second shot at a UES? That's worth it to me.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User

The seal store, campaign stores, tradebar store and stronghold equipment store will all have RAD for sale for their respective currencies. Heroic Encounters will also award RAD on completion. Existing sources of direct RAD such as experience overflow rewards and certain weekly quests will continue to reward RAD as they have previously.

This once again punishes small guilds . Great way of making leveling sh harder is by removing donations. Really dumb move
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• edd#1385 edd Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I know I should wait until we know what the actual chest/HE/activity AD amounts will be, history says it could go either way. But I just want to throw my dos centavos in the ring as well.

Changes like these don't make it feel more rewarding. They seem designed to hook players and get them spending money. Mobile games have shown that if you add a gambling aspect to your game people will get hooked (chest re-roll). Like every time you open lockboxes, that little shot of endorphin... so you want to open more, so you spend more money, round and round we go. Because from where I'm sitting, it seems like you don't really care about the economy. The current AD/ZAX/AH prices issue won't change an iota under these measures, people with tons of AD will continue to make tons of AD and will skew the economy in their favor. Average players will have to, yet again, adjust their play style to maintain their current AD income. It adds no incentive to convert in the ZAX, so it doens't seem like the the backlog is going anywhere. The only thing that would make that more solvent would be give people a reason to convert... Don't see that in here. Removing AD from the game is a backwards approach.

Personally, I just want to play the game and create the best toons that I can. I wish I didn't have to deal with all the BS around AD. But in order to have a decent character I have to use the AH to buy gear, marks, enchants, companions, ad nauseum. AD is required for just about everything that a good toon needs to be effective at their role and millions of AD is required to excel at your role. So really, it's a distraction from why I play the game.

I've had VIP for 2 years straight because I want contribute to the creators to make sure you stay solvent. I don't scam people, I'm not toxic and I feel like I'm a good citizen of Neverwinter. As always, I'll give the changes a try and evaluate from there. I was pleasantly surprised by Mod14. Yes I earn less AD per day, but I enjoy the new content and actually hitting the AD cap is much easier to do in normal game play. I'm a little leery about the changes, but I'm hopeful that you'll figure it out. Thanks for everything you do.
  • johonxgaltjohonxgalt Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    To those that think a cap on the amount of AD an account can have will help, you are wrong.

Whatever the cap ends up being will not be the top end items sell for, it will just change top level items from being sold on the AH for AD to a trading system. Greater, Superior and Ultimate Marks of Potency, Rank 13 and 14 enchants will become the new currency to trade for items that would normally sell for over the cap.

As an added negative, the prices of these "staple" items would move up to the point of having to purchase them from the Bazaar as the players that do earn a lot of AD will be purchasing these as often as they can to prevent hitting the AD cap.

Not a well thought out idea and reminds me of my days hearing, WTT X Widget for 25 SOJ's.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

@noworries#8859 the problem from the ad on the game economy is that the game has players that play the ah for tons of ad income if you guys dont take over the ah and cap values for item this ad change you make every modules is going to be a a repeated action on new players

lockboxes keys(mostly bought on zen discounts events) drops like bis companions/leg mounts/ companion gear/insignias/ resurgent epic artifact pack etc. in ah(10% of the sell is taken from the seller, too low percentage) makes cash players play the ah instead of playing the game add masterwork, also the percentage drops from end chest seem to not have an increased drop for the reroll on it, use 5k ad key/rerol token for a 1 epic ring with rp lol better get a stack of peridots for that price
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    you have killed this game after mod 5 you still continue to kill. :s
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 is it gonna be at end chest per day per account : 1 leveling dungeon(5K AD)/ 1 epic dungeon/ 1 trial(5k ad)/ 1 skirmish(5kad), is it going to be like this or we can farm all day for those 5k ad at end chest?
    mynaam said:

The seal store, campaign stores, tradebar store and stronghold equipment store will all have RAD for sale for their respective currencies. Heroic Encounters will also award RAD on completion. Existing sources of direct RAD such as experience overflow rewards and certain weekly quests will continue to reward RAD as they have previously.

This once again punishes small guilds . Great way of making leveling sh harder is by removing donations. Really dumb move
    Umm....

They're not removing the items from those stores/locations.
    They're just offering a new item "Raw AD" in addition to the previous items, and the previous items can no longer be salvaged for raw AD.

You can still spend campaign currencies and T-bars and Seals on things to donate to your guild coffer, exactly like you could before. Just, if you WERE going to turn Seals -> Rings -> Salvage -> Raw AD, you can't do that any more. Instead, you will go Seals -> Raw AD.

If you were relying on people to go Seals -> Rings -> Guild Marks before because they *didn't know* they could turn them into raw AD, that's a different problem.

If you didn't mean that, and my earlier statement hasn't covered you, what did you mean?
  • tilrod2tilrod2 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Are the RADs from dungeon chests and the seal vendor in bags like these from the adventure seal vendor?
    arcanjo86 said:

@noworries#8859 is it gonna be at end chest per day per account : 1 leveling dungeon(5K AD)/ 1 epic dungeon/ 1 trial(5k ad)/ 1 skirmish(5kad), is it going to be like this or we can farm all day for those 5k ad at end chest?

From what he said, If I understand correctly, *every* non-campaign end chest will be free to open, and the *rerolls* will cost one token ("one key") per reroll. Right now, without VIP you get one epic key and one non-epic key per day. Under the new system, you will get one REROLL per day and "infinite epic/non-epic keys" since the chests that used to take a key will no longer need a key.

Campaign chests will require a campaign key to open in the first place, then additional campaign keys to reroll.

• caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Question: Does this affect the Campaign-specific keys that we have to craft, or will that change too? (For example, I've been stocking up on Sharandar keys to grind for shards. I've also been stocking up on Greater Demonic keys. Will they all just disappear or will they remain?)

Comment: Overall, I believe that having reward options in any game is a good thing, but we're all supposed to be playing D&D's Neverwinter NOT "Let's Make a Deal".

(Looking around: "I dunno... Maybe this is SWTOR?")

Granted, there is going to be RNG which is totally understandable, but it shouldn't punish the player by breaking the bank... which in the long run has proven to be the downfall of far too many MMOs. The K.I.S.S. rule still applies.

Observation: Correct me if I am wrong, but there appears to be an increasing hostility towards gamers who are farming in this game. I don't understand why farming in Neverwinter should be a problem especially if it is a part of the game mechanic... However, every gamer has different play-styles. Some play the content. Some are PvE-only. Some are avid PvPers. Some just farm. Some are marketeers turning a profit. My goodness! Just look at EVE Online and you'll see what I mean!

My point is: unless Neverwinter is moving from an open-world experience to a more linear game-play, don't punish players who are doing what they particularly enjoy most about this fantastic game you have made! And as for those gamers who are so intent upon complaining about another gamer "farming"...

Seriously, get a life. This is just a game.
    Post edited by caldochaud#4880 on
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    One thing to clear up...unless I missed something the 5K AD that we know about is the 5K AD cost to Reroll the chest if you don't have any tokens. We still have no idea how much will be in the chest.

My guess is that the amount of RAD will scale with difficulty. Would even guess on the skirmishes and trials that have bronze, silver, gold the RAD will scale to those levels at all(wouldn't be surprised if no RAD unless you got gold). At least I hope those add RAD to more than just the chest you need a key for since today you get salvageable drop with gold(well not always with MPF but mostly)
    ive been seeing a good question being brought up but not asked only assumed (unless i missed something)..... useing the reroll tokens (or the 5k ad) does that also require the person to have the additional keys? ie. u complete valindras tower an open the cmpn chest with your only cmpn key you have for that dungeon.... will you still be able to reroll it the 5 times? or will you not bc you only had the one key but had the reroll tokens or ad.... the latter makes sense but clarification would be nice.
  • deadlycode#3788 deadlycode Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Should probably put more effort into fixing pvp in the game. It is running a major part of the player base away. Yes, it isn't going to be easy and it will take time because i am sure you'd have to remove a big portion of buffs, equip powers, bonuses but not doing anything isnt going to make it any easier. I have grown tired of waiting mod after mod for actual pvp improving changes to come to the game and nothing...just more campaigns and more dungeons. So ive decided to move on.
    Aurone@DeadlyCode
    https://www.supremeempireguild.com/
    Guild Leader
    --------------------------
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    There is no limit to the amount of times you can get rad out of end chests. You will get some everytime you run a dungeon whether that is once a day or 100 times a day.

Daily/standard/epic are now gone. Epuc and daily convert to reroll tokens on a 1 to 1 ratio. Standard keys exchange on a 2 to 1 ratio.

Campaign/legendary still exist and work how they did previously.

Both chests can be rerolled. For the campaign/legendary chest you still need a key to open it but then you can reroll it (no additional keys needed for rerolling).

The rad from dungeons/stores is direct, it does not come in a bag.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    I like the changes personally. Not sure if it's going to fix the ZAX, the 100k Rad refine limit certainly seemed to do the opposite. Wish we had a reroll button instead of what we got a few mods ago which was keygate.
  • micheal1979micheal1979 Member Posts: 103 Arc User

Wow. You guys are absolutely killing the game. Why don't you look up how often any low level. Dungeon or skirmish is ran at this point. It's nill. Now you're going to remove any incentive for people to run dungeons. You don't have a staff large enough to make enough rewards that would actually mean something to the player base. We run dungeons in hopes of a cool item we can sell because the RNG is HAMSTER and the actual rewards one might go for are sub pat at best. We continue to run them because at least we can earn RAD. Now? If you can't run codg or t9g forget getting a group. Only rewards that matter are UES at this point and I'm 100% certain you'll remove those from the game by mod 16 and make it zen only purchase and completely kill your content. Just close your doors and focus on magic instead of suffocating NW with really dumb decisions that HURT your player base.

You're making a LOT of assumptions here, mostly wrong. I have 2 14k+ il toons, and I still run the leveling dungeons 'cause they're fun, I get to help newbies experience the dungeons and it's not a bad daily AD source. You're right about the RNG, but you can still turn the chest rewards into RP. If you can't put together a group of guildies, you are either in the wrong guild or nobody likes you.
    14k is doable in vistani gear, show me an 18k that does leveling dungeons because its fun, hehehe.
    We Are Crolm
    Believer in SMASH
    Fairplay,no bots , no bugs, and play well
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnN0Yofs-Scv1nd8U_bSYLA/featured
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    BUG REPORT: @noworries#8859
    so we just did a shores and etos and I took the special chest first and was unable to take the first chest. it would not light up. in etos I took legendary first and no one else was able to take legendary and i was also unable to take the first chest.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    Blue salvagable gear = 150 RP, epic salvagable gear = 300 RP. These values are depressing.
    I did a Tuern, opened both chests and rerolled them 10 times, got a variety from 2k to 7k AD, the campaign chest offering a bit more.

On a side note, overflow rewards now offer only AD and RP. Like 3k AD and 500 RP, and such.
  • lordmaniklordmanik Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    My only source of income is from salvage. I'd be dead broke without salvage.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Wrong seal vendor in PE but checked the one in Chult and 1000 RAD for 100 brave seals. primal rings give 4000 for 300 seals so losing 1000 RAD in the deal.

Almost all of of the campaign stores have currency for 1000 RAD as well. 50 Barovian coins to get 1000 RAD for example. the salvaged gear was 250 so that ratio seems about right and will be consistent with no RNG variance.