test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Professions Overhaul

Comments

• draconislupusdraconislupus Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

So what does that mean for how assets convert over to the new system? Well, because for instance, one single epic artisan in the old system does not come close to being as valuable as a single epic artisan in the new system, you will be able to exchange your existing assets for a currency. That currency will allow you to purchase a comparable amount of assets in the new system, redistributing them however you please.

From the sounds of this an epic asset or tool now will be worth what a rare, at best, asset or tool in the new system? So my nearly 1,200 epic assets that I have will maybe get me 600 new epic assets?

Sorry for the repeat post the blockqoute and font commands weren't working in my previous post.
    What is going to happen to the existing profession packs?
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    will the auction market be edited to allow you to search for profession tools as a category - rather than individual items by name
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User

If you have the Protector’s Garden unlocked from the Protector’s Jubilee, when you arrive in Protector’s Enclave, you should arrive at the Protector’s Garden travel gate. Then you’d be closer to all the PE services, including, now, the professions workshop. That would also lend value to the Protector’s Garden for people with ViP (and vice versa).

YES!

Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    @asterdahl "In regards to the Forgehammer and legendary tools, those will be exempt from the standard conversion process, and instead convert 1:1 into an equally valuable tool of your choice in the new system. "

Does this mean a forgehammer will convert to a tool which still works for all professions ?

I can't get on preview, I simply don't have room for a second copy of the game on my aging machine. I also have a spare unbound forgehammer (that I bought ages ago and never bound because I waited till the end of an event and dropped a bound one in the event) and I will be seriously upset if it becomes of considerably less value.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    A couple of quick questions, that I hope can be answered:
    1. Have you eliminated 'bound-to-character' items from recipes? I can live with bound-to-account - because then I can at least shuffle stuff around, but having to level jewelcrafting on each alt so they could (try to) make a dual-slot ring / necklace was maddening.

2. How long will the trade-in period last? I ask this as someone with a toon who has hundreds of Seals of the Elements remaining on them... ;-)

3. Speaking of the trade-in, will assets still be able to be moved between characters after the new system goes live? I ask, as I ended up with toons who suddenly had BtA retraining tokens get converted and bound when that change went live.

Overall, though, looking forward to the update!
    What will happen to skill nodes and skill kits?
  • arod7932arod7932 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Will Black Ice Shaping be made relevant again? I never bothered to level it up. It would give a purpose to all the black ice I have stocked up.

Will we be able to craft +5 rings and finally unlock that Chult Hunt Rings Achievement?
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    asterdahl said:

You will slot a single artisan and a single tool

Does this mean for masterwork, you have a single mandatory tool and no optional tools?
    asterdahl said:

Blacksmiths as well as artificers and a few other professions will now be able to make tools. Tools will have their own required levels and provide better and better stats.

Including legendary tools?
    asterdahl said:

In regards to the Forgehammer and legendary tools, those will be exempt from the standard conversion process, and instead convert 1:1 into an equally valuable tool of your choice in the new system.

So can a Philosophers Stone convert into say a 3 profession tool? Can a bound Forgehammer be converted into an unbound mythic tool which can then be shoved onto another char? How exactly is "of similar value" intended to work? Because currently legendary tools are worth 100's of millions depending on the tool, or almost nothing if they are a philosophers stone.

Currently the only reason MW items have value is because of the prohibitively high entrance cost. If this becomes too cheap, nothing will be worth anything anymore. Will there still be a high entrance cost to professions or can I expect to just step out of them because they are not worth my time anymore, because everyone will be able to craft.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    So it seems like the following

Originally leadership gave coins and rAD
    Current leadership gives coins and refinement
    New gathering will have option to give refinement but now takes coins(so a new gold sink)

will there be gathering of copper, silver, and gold?

On the plus side my gathering will be lvl 70 on all my toons.

although this doesn't apply to my current toons but if all of the other professions are going to rely on gathering and if you don't have leadership maxxed then how will that work?

So say I'm at level 25 in tailoring now. In the new system, I will now be lvl 70 tailoring. If I haven't leveled leadership at all, will gathering be at 0/1?

• chestercatrat#6924 chestercatrat Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    It would appear legendary tools will no longer hold value since forge hammer will be best tool. Will we be allowed to use more than one forgehammer moving forward? If not, will legendary tools be the best tool possible after you use your one forgehammer?
  • wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I suggest to make companion equipment craftable on masterwork professions. The reason it that companions change from time to time, but their gear is much worse than generic gear, and ever worse than old loyal avenger gear. Currently, ring equipped companions like tiger or con artist are in the best situation as the could be equipped with better rings from questing zones. This reduce choice of companions.

The craftable companions gear will allow to equip companions more quickly and to switch companions more easily. And it will remove strange pricings differences like very expensive necks. This will also generate more demand for profession results. Currently there is practically no demand for masterwork armor and other things. The gear from dungeons makes masterwork gear obsolete in the next mod usually, and after this demand completely stops.

Also I would like to know what will happen with non-spent masterwork resource maps. I've missed the few last double profession events, and I'm not sure if I'll get to the next one. Is it possible to convert these maps in general to some advanced expedition order for professions that will gather specific rare masterwork resources? The gathering of these resources is very boring and mind blowing during double professions and it makes sense to gather them only during double professions. I have around 100 maps not spent :( .
  • sjza80sjza80 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    @asterdahl

Firstly, thank you for engaging with the community and answering questions, it is greatly appreciated and something the community certainly desires more of, especially around potentially contentious topics such as this. You answers so far have alleviated many of my concerns.

Secondly, your statement above regarding gathering "We also aim to severely reduce the tedium of engaging in the system, no longer requiring you to open the window multiple times a session to reassign artisans. In the end, you'll still be able to generate refinement through professions, but you'll have to invest some gold, silver or copper to pay the commission cost for your adventurer to complete the task"

While I appreciate removing the tedium of engaging with the system, I would like this to not be replaced with other tedium. Currently the RP tasks in leadership reward gold, very useful. In this new model it will cost gold. So rather than the tedium of interacting with the professions interface, we now face the tedium of spending hours farming trash mobs and picking up every piece of garbage on the floor, summoning our professions vendor (assuming it still exists) to sell it all for a few silver to finance these tasks. Please either remove a gold cost or make it sufficiently small it can be gathered easily through natural play, eg a couple of dungeon runs or quests, and not require significant farming replacing one source of tedium with an arguably for more tedious and frustrating one.
  • chiatzouchiatzou Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Will there be new viable gear introduced in the new professions? Will this system continually upgrade so we do not have the same problem we already have?
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Awesome thread, thanks for engaging and thanks for reworking professions, this sounds interesting and fresh for this game.

I don't know how to make blue words but I was wondering if the explorers cases were getting a rework and will the materials from these cases still have a place in the new professions.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    time to start hoarding gold everyone.. if its a sink to complete profession tasks

"reading between the lines"

how much gold(bribes) can we expect typical mundane tasks to consume/ vs high level best in slot item ones .. every one of us will be broke soon lol

no gold ? ...sorry pal no mass ad generation via professions for you... gotcha

SURE YOU CAN DO THE SAME TASKS AS BEFORE BUT HOW LONG CAN YOU SUSTAIN IT ON MULTIPLE ALTS
    WITH ALL YOUR GOLD GETTING SUCKED UP LOL

so headline here folks no gold = you cant do professions = ninja nerf / hidden costs

broke on gold from swapping all your enchantments around too bad ,.,

I propose that the gold costs associated with enchantment swapping be removed if we are getting this brutal gold sink
  • chiatzouchiatzou Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    > @kalina311 said:
    > time to start hoarding gold everyone.. if its a sink to complete profession tasks
    >
    > "reading between the lines"
    >
    > how much gold(bribes) can we expect typical mundane tasks to consume/ vs high level best in slot item ones .. every one of us will be broke soon lol

People will start trading crafted items for gold to be able to keep producing 😂
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    chiatzou said:

> @kalina311 said:

> time to start hoarding gold everyone.. if its a sink to complete profession tasks

>

> "reading between the lines"

>

> how much gold(bribes) can we expect typical mundane tasks to consume/ vs high level best in slot item ones .. every one of us will be broke soon lol

People will start trading crafted items for gold to be able to keep producing 😂

Maybe its their solution to making skill nodes useful again :s
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    this might also suck gold out of the economy faster then it can be produced/ replaced making prices skyrocket as well ..how much gold do you suppose the average player has ?

maybe increased gold gain will be the new fashion for utility slots now ..? lol
  • erikanudanerikanudan Member Posts: 18 Arc User

Where will Bag of Gems/Crystals/Jewels fall into the upgrading of professions now?

Will 4 greens convert to the same as 1 blue for trade-in? Same question for 4 blues converting to 1 Epic? (seems upgrading assets/tools will be gone) … Just wondering if trade-in values for lesser tiers will be 25% of their next tier to keep values equal.

Will there be any trade skills that provide character experience quests (not trade skill experience) like Leadership does now, to encourage trade skilling on alts to generate overflow experience rewards for power points? Or will it be a 'grind your way to overflow exp on alts you rarely play' transition?

How will Mastercraft Maps be addressed (in inventory, shared bank, etc.)? As in, getting 1x, 2x, 4x drops per node depending on event and guild boon.

Will multi-craft Legendary tools (aka. Crucible) be tradeable for multiple new tools via trade-in? (might as well crash the market now).

Will there be any change to existing Artisan/Quartermaster trade skill boxes that will influence the new trade skill system?

• arod7932arod7932 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Any changes to Stronghold profession vendors? (Atelier, Tanner, etc.)
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I just hope that we will still be able to get about the same amount of rp we can now per day, I can normally get about 1k rp per character. That is the only thing that has me a bit worried about next mod, and I do hope that there will be better armors and jewelry next mod. We do need 500 ilevel versions of the 1 ability scores belts (girdle of strength etc).
  • cts2000#2706 cts2000 Member Posts: 86 Arc User

asterdahl said:

You will slot a single artisan and a single tool

Does this mean for masterwork, you have a single mandatory tool and no optional tools?
    asterdahl said:

Blacksmiths as well as artificers and a few other professions will now be able to make tools. Tools will have their own required levels and provide better and better stats.

Including legendary tools?
    asterdahl said:

In regards to the Forgehammer and legendary tools, those will be exempt from the standard conversion process, and instead convert 1:1 into an equally valuable tool of your choice in the new system.

So can a Philosophers Stone convert into say a 3 profession tool? Can a bound Forgehammer be converted into an unbound mythic tool which can then be shoved onto another char? How exactly is "of similar value" intended to work? Because currently legendary tools are worth 100's of millions depending on the tool, or almost nothing if they are a philosophers stone.

Currently the only reason MW items have value is because of the prohibitively high entrance cost. If this becomes too cheap, nothing will be worth anything anymore. Will there still be a high entrance cost to professions or can I expect to just step out of them because they are not worth my time anymore, because everyone will be able to craft.
    Also wondering about this because if the trade in value of a Philosphers Stone is the same as say an Adamantine Hammer, then buying the Stones now might be a good deal no ?
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    asterdahl said:

agilesto said:

Little question: What will happen to the Black Ice profession? Will we still be able to empower old items like drow, dragonfligh or eleven stuff? Asking for collection, if I should rush it now or if it's still possible later.

Black Ice Shaping will be removed from the game. Ultimately this was a feature that was built at a very specific time in Neverwinter history and the team that originally built it intended for it to be supported long term. However, it really holds no unique place in terms of the items it creates, as professions that create all sorts of equipment already exist.

Instead, it simply creates items similar to what other professions create, with the added mechanic that you must keep the item charged with black ice, which is ultimately not something the current team would like to see persisted. For those who have black ice assets and tools, you will be able to turn those into assets and materials for other professions in cases where they no longer have a use.

As for the materials and black ice equipment itself, a new contact will be available at the black ice forge in Caer-Konig who will be able to "craft" items for you out of the materials.

I had to make 8x lvl5 black ice forges to upgrade all the gear back when elven and dragonflight armor could be improved with this profession.. there was no way around it.. if you wanted elemental gear you needed black ice forge

this was a huge undertaking .. and now you are ripping it up and any of us that went thru this , survived the leadership ad nerf and stuck with game get this as a reward?

will we be able to craft the overload enchants?
    this was the only saving grace for a system many were forced to upgrade to max ,only to watch it be come neglected and useless .. will the black ice overloads also be removed from the game?
    Post edited by earlgreybeard on
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    How is donating Labor to the Stronghold Coffer going to work now? Are you still going to be able to donate individuals? Or is it mainly going to be something you make form the new Gathering tree like you can right now with Leadership?
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    Also second question you talked about the Assets tab and how you'll be having less tools and less artisans but the real issue has always been the other side the materials slot. I consistently run out of space in there. Is that going to be bigger and better now?
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    I wonder if the current resources could still be used.

Also, what happens to reinforcements? Will they continue to be available even though we're once again getting reinforced gear?
    FrozenFire