test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ravenloft Preview Patch Notes: NW.100.20180709g.19

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Highlights
  • If players have completed the Portobello's Game campaign, and do not currently have the Apocalypse Dagger, they can now reclaim it once and only once from the Reward Claims Agent. This option will go away when the Heart of Fire module releases.

Release Notes

Content and Environment
General
  • Barovian Hero: This in-game achievement now properly advances while the player is in a party.
  • Card Shark: This in-game achievement now properly gives credit.
  • Collector's Blinsky: This quest now progresses if party members pick up doll heads.
  • Hunters of Chult: This quest now shows a map-wide waypoint.
  • Minor/Major Hero: Minor and Major Heroic Encounters now appropriately give credit toward these achievements.

Items and Economy
General
  • Eku's Titivated Lion: This mount can now be discarded, and is now Bind to Account on Pickup.
  • Giftwrapped Enchantment packs now properly give enchantments instead of Black Pearls.
  • Insignia of Prosperity: This insignia now properly grants its XP bonus.
  • Seals of the Brave are now properly used instead of Seals of the Protector in Caer-Konig and when purchasing Dragonflight gear.
  • Terrored Grips now have the correct item level, and no longer give negative stats.
  • The debuff caused by the Apocalypse set bonus now properly matches the tooltip and increases damage taken by 1% per stack, instead of… more.
  • The power on Heels of Fury now stacks with Fured Kiuno of the Bear.
Companions
  • Dual-stat enchantments now properly function when slotted on gear equipped by Companions.

User Interface
General
  • Quest gained notifications no longer pop up twice for item-granted quests.
  • The Withdraw button now properly disables when attempting to withdraw more Astral Diamonds from the shared bank than possible.
Auction
  • The search cooldown is a little less restrictive now.
Journal
  • Sword Coast Chronicle: Duplicate versions of the Tyranny of Dragons and PvP Campaigns no longer appear.
Zen Market
  • Coupons no longer cause the Zen Market to look like every category has a coupon available.

Art, Animation, Audio, and Effects
Audio
  • Duvessa Shane no longer incorrectly uses Merrisara Winterwhite's voice in certain situations.
  • Linu La'neral no longer incorrectly uses Darnys Loreweaver's voice in certain situations.
Visual Effects
  • Ras Nsi's Rive warning effect should hopefully clip less frequently with the ground.

Performance and Stability
General
  • The game no longer performs on-demand patching when on-demand patching is disabled.

Comments

• arod7932arod7932 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    I can't wait for these changes to hit console.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    If Heels and Fured stack now, does that mean other identical bonuses do as well?
    Eg, Eyestalk Wrappers and Hag's rags, 2x Shadowstalker +5 rings etc?

Cheers ^_^
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Please fix the Eyestalk Wraps & Hag's Rags. It was reported in the same thread.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    terramak said:

The power on Heels of Fury now stacks with Fured Kiuno of the Bear.
    You guys still haven't fixed the similar problem occurring with the Eyestalk Wrappers/Hag's Rags.

• chiatzouchiatzou Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    The second sister in Castle Ravenloft. Will you fix it so that it does not have the small health bar at times and will only spawn with the one that is overhead. Second sister seems to have many more hp when it spawns with small hp bar.
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

terramak said:

You guys still haven't fixed the similar problem occurring with the Eyestalk Wrappers/Hag's Rags.

If TR is allowed a ranged build like in regular D&D, they will fix eyestalk + hag's issue. Ranged classes should just be glad they fixed terrored grips and don't have to farm Tyrant anymore.

Such ingrate ranged classes. Did you guys even know there is a ranged version of the shadowstalker ring? The +5 gives 2.5% damage, just like shadowstalker, when you are over 50' from the target (2 def slots, but nevermind that).
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User

Did you guys even know there is a ranged version of the shadowstalker ring? The +5 gives 2.5% damage, just like shadowstalker, when you are over 50' from the target (2 def slots, but nevermind that).

I wish I could politely approach the person who thought that the Spellflinger rings would be a good idea and gently shake the living hamster out of them until they came to their senses and replaced them with something of any use. How in the world did some of these items make it into a live build?
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• soythesauce#5192 soythesauce Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Terrored Grips now have the correct item level, and no longer give negative stats.

can somebody tell me what that implies
    meaning no negative recov or actually positiv recov
  • jappethebreadjappethebread Member Posts: 82 Arc User

Such ingrate ranged classes. Did you guys even know there is a ranged version of the shadowstalker ring? The +5 gives 2.5% damage, just like shadowstalker, when you are over 50' from the target (2 def slots, but nevermind that).

If you are 50' away from the target then you're just dumb. If running with OP byebye power share. You need to be 30' or closer to the OP for 6 seconds continuously to get the power share. Ranged powers can also be used from melee range.

Terrored Grips now have the correct item level, and no longer give negative stats.

can somebody tell me what that implies
    meaning no negative recov or actually positiv recov

After the change they have:

+18,832 hitpoints
    +1,094 power
    +1,641 armor penetration
    +931 defense

And the equip power for +3% more damage for encounter powers.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    terramak said:

Highlights

• If players have completed the Portobello's Game campaign, and do not currently have the Apocalypse Dagger, they can now reclaim it once and only once from the Reward Claims Agent. This option will go away when the Heart of Fire module releases.
    I understand why you are doing this but it is unfair to those that did not get a massive amount of rp for the dagger they used.

There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    @terramak

Oh happy days!!!
    The on demand patching is fixed woo-hoo!!!! =)

But, I got to ask as others, does the fix for the Heels of Fury and the Fured Kiuno of the Bear also fix the Eyestalkers Wraps and Hag's Rags?
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    terramak said:

Highlights

Just wondering why the Heels of Fury and Fured Kiuno was fixed but not the Hag Rags with the Eye Stalker Wraps? Same premise but one is melee and the other is ranged.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User

If you are 50' away from the target then you're just dumb. If running with OP byebye power share. You need to be 30' or closer to the OP for 6 seconds continuously to get the power share. Ranged powers can also be used from melee range.

The poster was being sarcastic.

Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    "Performance and Stability
    General
    The game no longer performs on-demand patching when on-demand patching is disabled."

For this I love you.
    Just accept it.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    no fix for missing Tome of Strahd? item still not in my keyring tab.
  • gor1llaf1stgor1llaf1st Member Posts: 139 Arc User

rjc9000 said:

terramak said:

If TR is allowed a ranged build like in regular D&D, they will fix eyestalk + hag's issue. Ranged classes should just be glad they fixed terrored grips and don't have to farm Tyrant anymore.

cant tell if your just dumb.... or HAMSTER....
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I hate myself. I literally finished grinding out a lion on one character with the intent of passing it to a different character, only to notice it was BtC after claiming it. So I just said screw it and bound it, with no intention to ride the thing...

And one week later the patch notes that will make it BtA...
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    @terramak what about Hag's Rags? Will their bonuses stack? They should as it is the same premise as Heels and Kiuno, hopefully you'll take a look at that.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

@terramak what about Hag's Rags? Will their bonuses stack? They should as it is the same premise as Heels and Kiuno, hopefully you'll take a look at that.

It was mentioned on Discord that this is still something they are looking into.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    > @kreatyve said:
    > @terramak what about Hag's Rags? Will their bonuses stack? They should as it is the same premise as Heels and Kiuno, hopefully you'll take a look at that.
    >
    > It was mentioned on Discord that this is still something they are looking into.

Thanks for the info! Hopefully they'll tweak that bonus so we can rock both Hag's Rags and Eyestalk Wrappers.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

It was mentioned on Discord that this is still something they are looking into.
    Shadowstalker rings? No?
This discussion has been closed.