test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dread Ring Support bug

nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
A few weeks ago, I had reported that I didn't think that Sgt Knox's "The Red Wizards" quest was counting toward completion of the Stronghold quest "Dread Ring Support". I have been able to do some additional testing and observation and have discovered that Sgt Knox's quest is fine. The bug is actually in Quorthon's quest "Contact Other Plane".

How To Reproduce
1. Log onto a character that is a member of the guild.
2. Make sure this character has the Stronghold quest "Dread Ring Support" given by the Master of Coin.
3. This character should also have the Dread Ring completely unlocked and be capable of doing the weekly quest "The Red Wizards". (This is to make sure that character can receive quests from all the quest givers in this zone, other than just the starter quests.)
4. Accept the quest "Contact Other Plane" from Quorthon.
5. Do the quest.
6. Turn the quest in.

Observed Result:
The number of Dread Ring quests completed that count toward completion of "Dread Ring Support" will not have incremented.

Expected Result:
The number of Dread Ring quests completed that count toward completion of "Dread Ring Support" should have incremented by one.

Please note that this bug is only in that one, single quest given by Quorthon. The other quests given by this NPC properly increment the "Dread Ring Support" counter.

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you for the details! Super helpful in escalating.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    @nitocris83 Could you also check with them on whether or not the tower quests are supposed to increment this counter, too? I thought that the Dread Spire, Death Forge, and Zulkir of Illusion quests used to increment this and they currently do not.
This discussion has been closed.