test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A few ideas

After this hunt glitch fiasco, it got me thinking...if you can hot fix the hunt glitch so quickly, then why can we still not put companion tokens into the bank? Why are the new dungeon glitches not being hot fixed? I was online during the hot fix, but I am told that a second hot fix took place after the first because of some new hunt glitch. While I am not sure about the second one because I was not online, I know the first one took place. I am totally fine with that. But I am just curious as to why it seems when people find a bugs that benefits the players, ARC has no issue fixing it in a timely fashion. Yet when there are bugs that hurt us, sometimes it takes months IF it is even fixed at all. As a player who has spent a lot of time and money over the years, I think the same speed should be used to fix things like Ravenloft boss fight when the bubble doesn't protect you and the companion tokens in the bank issue. I totally understand wanting to fix the hunt bugs. But how about throwing us a bone and fixing the other aspects of the game that are broken? We have been loyal to the game, should we not expect the same loyalty back? So please, think about it from a gamer's perspective. We spend real money on this game. We put in real time and effort. We bring friends and family into the game that expands the community. We make this game run. Please, show us loyalty and start fixing the known bugs in the game with the same urgency you did with the hunt bug.

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    There are some things that can be fixed with a hotfix, while others require a patch the needs to go through cert. It was explained by a dev at one time which types of things can be hotfixed and which cannot, but I no longer know when or where the post was made.

Also I wouldn't exactly say the hunt glitch was fixed quickly, it has been there since release. The second fix was likely to fix something the first fix broke, business as usual with many "fixes".
  • undepartedundeparted Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    There is truth in what he writes though. Lets try this instead.

@nitocris83

If you fix the companion tokens people will realize how few tokens away from an upgrade they are. Hence they buy VIP for companion packs, or the token packs from the zen shop... See where I'm going with this? More money for Cryptic... I imagine as you are reading this, you are sitting rubbing your hands together like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons.
  • tristen#6177 tristen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    here is an idea, everyone who paid for the one hundred dollar raven loft pack, get your money back. tell visa you want your money back because they sold u a broken product. if one hundred thousand people want there money back that is one million dollars. if you ban over three hundred thousand people world wide and they all want there money back for the last 18 months, that is how long visa will give u your money back from, then what. i think this is the start of the end for this ever broken, bugged, glitchey slow to fix game with little support. you have shown your money spending player base how much they can trust you and i don't think they are coming back
  • knightrider86#9458 knightrider86 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I mean this was reported on the preview shard from PC players why it made it to console is what gets me especially since console release was one day before they posted patch notes for PC saying they fixed it, I would of been okay pushing the console release of banovia back a few days or whatever was needed for them to implement those fixes in those notes instead of alienating 2/3 of your player base I mean this is gonna hurt both companies more then help them
  • daddymike68daddymike68 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Apparently arc didn't ban anyone, it was perfect world. If you don't want players exploiting flawed coding, don't release known flawed content. When flawed content is known and can't be hotfixed, close until it's patched. BTW Drufi is still broken. Make self defeat send you back to protectors enclave.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Doesn't matter if there's a hole big enough to drive a semi through. The Terms of Service you agreed to when you downloaded and started playing says "thou shalt not exploit".
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.