test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Apocalypse set fixed: now WAIx16 (tooltip is wrong)

naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
edited September 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
The apocalypse set bonus now correctly applies the debuff to the target and not to yourself. But the tooltip is wrong, as it states that each stack applies a debuff of 1%. The tooltip should read that each stack applies a debuff of 16%, stacking up to 5 times.

Tooltip currently:
Whenever you hit an enemy with a critical attack, the damage the enemy takes will be increased by 1% for 5 seconds. This can stack up to 5 times.

Tooltip how it should be:
Whenever you hit an enemy with a critical attack, the damage the enemy takes will be increased by hamburger 16% for 5 seconds. This can stack up to 5 times.
Post edited by naoqueroforum on

Comments

• greyjay1greyjay1 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    The debuff is also less effective against higher level enemies. It debuffs lvl73 enemies only by 12% per stack (75% effective).
    Please fix this "triple mitigated weak sauce" ;)
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Yeah, now that I think about it, it would be misleading anyway, as all tooltips for debuffs are. Most people would read this and think that it would increase the party damage by 90% under any condition. But diminishing returns and the lv73 thing I was not aware that occured for this debuff and poof, you have only 13% actual buff for the whole party. Only. (considering regular debuffs every party usually has)

If I had a legendary mount for every time I have to explain to someone that something they think is a buff actually works as a debuff, I'd have quite a few of them.

• percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Hello @naoqueroforum,

I saw that the russian community team escalated this issue today for the weekly meeting, so the dev team will investigate soon.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • arod7932arod7932 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Does the debuff stack if multiple people are wearing the set?
    @arod7932 I don't think it does, but it's simple enough to test. Will get back to you if I get the answer soon enough.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The debuff is fixed in the patch notes

"The debuff caused by the Apocalypse set bonus now properly matches the tooltip and increases damage taken by 1% per stack, instead of… more."
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    Oh, so they changed the debuff, and not the tooltip. That's another possible solution I haven't thought about. Good idea.

I didn't go to preview to test it yet. Think I will wait to test it on live.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It was tested yesterday and it still isn't quite right. The debuff is in fact 1% now but that is mitigated by level 73 enemies. For any dungeon past CN, that makes the actual debuff only 0.75%
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Apocalypse RIP; welcome back Orcus.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪

I'm sure some people will still swear by the apocalipse set. More IL = more dps, always.
  • sengir0#3465 sengir0 Member Posts: 54 Arc User

no hate against orcus but i don't know why a newly released set is subpar to a mod14 sets. really needed a new set that can replace orcus
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User

no hate against orcus but i don't know why a newly released set is subpar to a mod14 sets. really needed a new set that can replace orcus
    Yeah, it's kinda strange, but it seems that now the developers are designing the game to get rid of the overpowered sets.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪