test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(PvE) Martial Mastery Information

rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
edited September 2018 in The Guard Barracks
Tactician Capstone effects:

- Restores 0.25% of Total Action Points per 1% of the GF's HP lost of postmitigated damage (ie, after damage debuffs/damage resistance/etc etc).
- This AP re-fill scales with damage resistance. So, for example, if you currently have 15% damage resistance, you multiply the AP refill of Martial Mastery by 1.15x.
(At time of writing: unknown if damage resistance multiplier can exceed 1.80x)
- Does not scale with typical sources of Action Point gain (ex: CON's AP Gain bonus, Recovery, Inspiring Leader)

In my pursuit of more GF knowledge, I decided to figure out how the hell this violation of common sense feat works.

This was the GF used.

Here was the first test:

Each hit of the Survivor’s Wraps deals 2.5% of total HP and hits 10 times. As ACT counts Action Point gain in 1000s, we can deduce that each hit from the Survivor’s Wrap restored 0.625% of total AP (6.25% of a single % of Action Points) per Survivor’s Wrap hit.

Doing a basic arithmetic:
2.5/0.625=1/x
2.5x=0.625
x=0.25

This pattern holds true when I tried it on the torch in Tomb Exhume.

These torches deal 5% of maximum HP per hit. (fyi for potential testers: this has potential...)

In the above screenshot, the torches deal 1821.14 damage to the GF.
1821.14/36422 = 0.05000110, as expected to 5 decimal places of accuracy.

For each 5% of HP the GF lost, Martial Mastery restored 1.25% of Total Action Points.
1.25% total Action Points/5% of total HP = 0.25% of total Action Points per 1% HP lost.

As for how the damage resistance bonus affects the Martial Mastery bonus, it’s quite simple: it “stands in” as your Action Point gain multiplier. So, if I had 25% damage resistance, the game would multiply the Martial Mastery AP refill by 1.25x.

How I found this out was using United, which gives 5% damage resistance.

Besides using United, I was in Drowned Shore as well, so my HP was reduced to 32,155.

2295.46 was the HP I lost. Out of a maximum of 32,155 HP, that means I should have lose 7.01387% of total HP. Losing 7.01387% of max HP means I should have generated 1.78468% of total Action Points.

Seeing as I had United (5% damage resistance buff) but no other sources of damage resistance, I can multiply the AP generated by 1.05x. If you do that, the Action Points generated was 1.873920...which is exactly as calculated, correct to 4 decimal places.

Post edited by rjc9000 on
Tagged:

Comments

• gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Make tact great again?

I like the idea of returning the scaling ITF exclusively for Tact, or at least a slight rework because in the endgame I don't know if tact really has a place. Slightly better ITF, some AP gain, higher uptime, however no scaling from gear, really, which kinda makes endgame tacts weird. Conq can do as well as Tact, and has the DPS part too.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Problem is, the more DR the less incoming damage and AP gain wich equals out the effect. I remember once trying to check if DR above cap is from any use and as far as I remember correctly, it did not buff my AP gain significant, but it should right, and stacking DR by Negation enchant is also no benefit, right?
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

I remember once trying to check if DR above cap is from any use and as far as I remember correctly, it did not buff my AP gain significant, but it should right, and stacking DR by Negation enchant is also no benefit, right

Didn't check negation, I'm not really a fan of the enchant on GF.

• soythesauce#5192 soythesauce Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Any source of dr over cap should buff ur ap gain from capstone
  • nihlocke#5890 nihlocke Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Any update on wheter any DR over the usual cap increases the %AP gain from Martial Mastery? I may or may not make a loadout with stupid amounts of Defense, a Defender companion and Survivor's Wraps, just for the hell of it. Who wouldn't want 300% Damage Reduction and thus 3x AP gain for everyone with Martial Mastery? (I know it sounds stupid, but doing stupid stuff is how you get fun builds)
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Any update on wheter any DR over the usual cap increases the %AP gain from Martial Mastery? I may or may not make a loadout with stupid amounts of Defense, a Defender companion and Survivor's Wraps, just for the hell of it. Who wouldn't want 300% Damage Reduction and thus 3x AP gain for everyone with Martial Mastery? (I know it sounds stupid, but doing stupid stuff is how you get fun builds)

not likely

will have little time to test things nowadays because semester started