test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

List of stuff that needs to be fixed asap (ADMIN RESPONDED)

superstevenshusuperstevenshu Member Posts: 187 Arc User
edited September 2018 in PvP Discussion
I will summarize the previous threads on how to improve pvp. In order to make pvp better next mod (or in the near future), I only list those most people suggested to fix (the most important and feasible ones). Hopefully we should see these change soon.

1. Class balance rework

Fix the double infiltrator buff bug after TR bloodbath (20% more damage). With this nerf. TR will get 20% less damage from daily and sod. Also bllodbath double proc infiltrator's action, which may have 2x damage (2* 5%) buff if you use the offhand weapon feature.

Nerf base damage of GF a little bit. Most people agree GF is still overpowered so a little nerf on damage will make it more balanced. One way is to nerf the damage buff of passive power (combat superiority, etc.)

Fix SW infernal sphere bug. When it interact with certain power from other classes it will create insane loop and hit 100+ times in 2 seconds and lag the whole instance. E.g. when GF use that daily which reflect damage back to enemy, or when OP use tab.

Fix OP shield strike. Most OP at least in PC spam shield strike without hitting enemy to gain 3 stacks of shield which makes them almost immortal. Even the best TR can’t bite them a little bit after they build 3 stacks. One way to fix it is to make shield strike work only when hit physical enemy.

2. Remove broken items. Any item that takes 1/3 of enemy’s hp away in 1 second or stun people suddenly (unpredictable) will make the game less consistent. Fix or totally remove mane of manticore, cowl of dead, sandy’s pants, as suggest by almost all players. Cowl of dead is especially broken on TR since they can stealth and proc bloodbath suddenly to prone you. With the high damage build their bloodbath can kill you in less than 3 seconds which is not fun.

3. Rework on cc stacks
Some class can control you for more than 10 seconds in a row with 5-6 control powers and yet make you gain only 2 or 3 cc stacks.
This applies especially to trapper. Trapper can keep controlling you till death if you are a CW or SW. One way to fix is to count cc stack as the number of control power used.

4. Place a soft cap on certain stats.
Most people and devs believe [Recovery] from TR need a rework. With 20k+ recovery most TR can hide in stealth and keep annoying enemy. [Life steal] also need a rework, some gwf and and sw can heal themselves from 20% to 100% in less than 3 seconds. Any class that builds extreme dps and life steal can be unbalanced without a cap. [Deflect] may also need a soft cap. With the 25% deflect chance from eclipse enchantment it’s so easy for some class to stack 100% deflect chance and make them almost unkillable. This is especially important considering the 75%-85% deflect severity of TR. Many TR in PC has reached 100% deflect chance.

5. Remove stamina and AP drains. Since almost all people agree these 2 stuff are overpowered so removing them will make pvp more attractive. Most people don’t carry a ward since they wouldn’t expect people to use it. But there are still some people exploiting it. These drains are especially overpowered on TR, HR and SW. given how fast TR and HR can proc daily (TR bloodbath, HR interruption shot), they can drain people’s AP too fast. For SW, one daily can drain people’s AP from 100% to 0% in 2 seconds. Although this may not be a bug but it’s much overpowered. Since only a small proportion of people are abusing them so removing them will make most people happy without affecting a lot of players.

There are much more things that need to be done in pvp - map, rewards, queue system. But given how complicated it is to fix these stuff in neverwinter, I would suggest only fix these important but simple stuff first before reworking on more complicated issues. This will at least satisfy most people who complains pvp a lot and hopefully attract more players into pvp.

@scarabman
Post edited by superstevenshu on
Tagged:

Comments

• chickenslaver#0695 chickenslaver Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    1- make range steps so when 10k people starts pvp it doesn't disgust them.
    2- make at least one more map (2 maps omg lol)
    3- make one other mode instead of domination, anything you want, something very simple, but to change from domination from time to time, because domination becomes almost as repetitive and boring (almost) than PVE.
    4-things that steven said but sw and lifesteal are not overpowered, just look at the first page, it is mainly TR and GF (work on those).

It is disappointing when you realize that there is some class you have to break your head many hours to think about everything very carefuly during weeks to build something the most efficient as possible (I mean even in PVE), and be beaten by another class very badly built with same or lower item level just because it is THIS class. (a CW well build does less DPS than TR or GWF badly build, just because they are TR, for exemple. you are CW you tried everything during weeks, you come up with best spells and everything in a dungeon, and a TR using worst powers and worst enchants for a TR will DPS more at the end, just because he is TR)

Post-Scriptum : They didn't work on the PVP they worked on professions so i think it is done for the next mod
  • gravitaas#4356 gravitaas Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    What a load of rubbish, the only thing that has wrecked pvp why its only you few all doing it is because you gank on lesser geared, lesser experienced, you have all used all the exploitative gear, you have dogged them in a match out loud in chats, you want new ones to start doing it just to stomp them and get your kills, you have all cheated, so that it is not enjoyable for anyone to do other than you very few doing it. the things you have mentioned that need changing are only to suit you leaderboard ones after less deaths. now what they should do in pvp is make it so all are even keel with gear, that you cant manipulate your builds, or gear. i have talked to many many people they all say the same thing, if your not in the big boys club you all mercilessly pick on any new people that try to play pvp. each class has its own thing. target the cheaters and exploiters is all they have to do. make it an even playing field. most of you cant stand to be killed then you cry that something is overpowered. Ask yourselves this next time you see a newbie. Have you tried to help or have you descended upon them and ganked them over and over so that is the last match they do. Next time think of that when its you same ones doing it over and over and over and why is there only ever one map going. That is all your own fault. oh and it would be good to get rid of the leaderboard which most of you made a mockery of that also.
  • baoshionebaoshione Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    3. Rework on cc stacks

Some class can control you for more than 10 seconds in a row with 5-6 control powers and yet make you gain only 2 or 3 cc stacks.

This applies especially to trapper. Trapper can keep controlling you till death if you are a CW or SW. One way to fix is to count cc stack as the number of control power used.

I Agree, I experienced the same many times... In my case I was CC'ed by SWs
  • oghma is designed against this
  • mayvngordola#3049 mayvngordola Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    well said @superstevenshu hope they put PvP item level requirement :)
  • crollaxcrollax Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    hah lol ia suk at pvp:)
    edited September 2018
    also btw ppl can make 5000-0 which has 0 meaning because u can just kill pug and leave game :) so with 300-400 game u wont recive 1. slot

as u see in 20 match im in first slot ezzz only because i carry hard :) not pug stomp:) with my only strategiest gear and my old weapons

if u want 1. slot , carry hard dont leave node , dont runaway:) , move like MJ swap nodes like boss and make your low gear team win , then u may have chance to increase on lb tbh:)
    drains are ok pve gear is ok all items are fair buttttt question issss how low to use these things :)

if u trust yourself u wont use them but if u are a begginer at pvp ofc u need drains and pve items because people need to learn first , so people who use such an items just try to understand them because they need to learn how to play , once they have caurage enough they will stop using them

What a load of rubbish, the only thing that has wrecked pvp why its only you few all doing it is because you gank on lesser geared, lesser experienced, you have all used all the exploitative gear, you have dogged them in a match out loud in chats, you want new ones to start doing it just to stomp them and get your kills, you have all cheated, so that it is not enjoyable for anyone to do other than you very few doing it. the things you have mentioned that need changing are only to suit you leaderboard ones after less deaths. now what they should do in pvp is make it so all are even keel with gear, that you cant manipulate your builds, or gear. i have talked to many many people they all say the same thing, if your not in the big boys club you all mercilessly pick on any new people that try to play pvp. each class has its own thing. target the cheaters and exploiters is all they have to do. make it an even playing field. most of you cant stand to be killed then you cry that something is overpowered. Ask yourselves this next time you see a newbie. Have you tried to help or have you descended upon them and ganked them over and over so that is the last match they do. Next time think of that when its you same ones doing it over and over and over and why is there only ever one map going. That is all your own fault. oh and it would be good to get rid of the leaderboard which most of you made a mockery of that also.

That has something to do with the queue system, tbh no one wanna play with 8k newbies who only blue gears/rank 6s on them, and the targeted population of pvp is never those newbies but pve players who are at least well geared and show some respect to an intense pvp match.
    no there is no respect those people are new and go on in there to see what its like, immediatly they are killed just so you guys can get your kills, they are a potential new player for pvp and you all totally chase them away with your mocking and ganking. you were new once too
    take note from now on how new ones are treated and if you ever see them do pvp again after a grueling match against you guys where they stand no chance. you can justify it as much as you like, i have seen it time and time again. if that dosnt change you can just look forward to playing with the same 10 people time and time again, seriously you guys all chase away newbies. when manitcore of mane came out, plus the drains and sandy pants, all of them, you all had that on, dont deny it i have seen it, you all wore them and any other exploit you could get your hands on. fun huh, only for you, not for the poor sod that decides to join in pvp thinking it will be a fun time. its only a fun time for the same group of thugs that do it over and over. cryptic should do a survey about this, i can guarantee all the people that gave up or never even got started will tell you the same thing.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I´d say reflect damage in a hole should be investigated, so many bugs and loops.
    OP's Protectors call vs warlocks powers cause Feytouched multiprocs.
    GF´s Battel trample cause multiprocs (bugegd since ages).
    Supremacy of Steel on a GF causes big loops with warlock, again multi-Fey procs vs SoS procs (1000´s).
    Either warlock or OP/GF kill themself by using powers, from wich that OP not able to use Tab mechanic is the worst case... no time to tab anyway being busy with waving at his enemies all the time :)
    Not sure what the role of feytouched is in that case, since it´s weaponprcos cause many loops and death in PVP.
    There were other bugged enchants like Bloodtheft in the past, Thunder, and more
    If there is no way to fix it, an overhaul of usable weapon/armor enchantements may help.

....when manitcore of mane came out, plus the drains and sandy pants, all of them, you all had that on, dont deny it i have seen it, you all wore them and any other exploit you could get your hands on. fun huh, only for you, ....

Denying, never used that mane, pants or drains or what ever on PC. Only used wards vs GF/TR or stamina drainer, wich is the worst abomination in PVP

Anyway the bigger problem newbies got with PVP is:
    1. the geargap
    2. the absence of a PVP focussed build

If you look at a fight between a stuffed PVP player and a newcomer -> One encounter and dead, one At Will and dead, no mane or pants to proc needed.
    The team on the other side vomits since they can´t win that match with a green stuffed 6k IL player and kickvote. That´s NWO PVP these days (PC) and that´s why I vote for downstripping it to basic gear/stats and balance it plus implement rewards again. There is no need for a cc system by that, dailies and encounter will have a cooldown again ... I hope.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    If they remove extra Deflect(from TR ability score) or nerf Deflect Severity then people will simply Rquit TR class.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    edited September 2018
    Do you tink TR´s are in need of that extra deflectseverity in case they can beat most classes with piercing procs from a 100% critting daily that double-dips buff and in between that daily gives them untouchable, same as dodge and ITC does out of stealth.
    That will definitely not change a lot, except maybe the player would be in need to play more accurately then before.
    TR is pretty flexible, there are more builds based on stealth and piercing look, and he says he get´s a lot of hate :) lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsLxGj3P8IU
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • metalsabrwolfmetalsabrwolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    One of the issues i see is that players who pvp have to make a build against a certain class primarily trs. I used to love pvping but have decided to hang it up there since the sod fiasco with blood bath and the lack of cc immunity. There are other maps for pvp but ppl don't want to use them say the siege unless it is for the weekly for current mod currency, blood ruby, and a voucher. So why not be able to do 5 vs 5 in gg or even siege for that matter and it count towards the kill/death count for the leader board. Open world pvp is on the rise from what i have seen but then again without the tenacity of the past the pvp focus builds are no more or it would seem to me that is.
    Oh and another thing the overload slots for pvp really are a disaster as well since ppl have to primarily use those for wards to fight those that use the stamina/ap drains.
  • hildebranddhildebrandd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    All that is very well, I like the idea of the mentioned items on the broken hand as the manticore. I would like the strongold pvp to come back, or for the icewind map to give an official map of the domination.
  • haven00haven00 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    i would actually like to see these changes in pvp. great post @superstevenshu!
  • terylionterylion Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    We will see what happent:) in my opinion no matter what we write , they do nothing with Pvp:) but that is only my opinion:)
  • arran#4326 arran Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Post edited by arran#4326 on
  • runningsna1l#4831 runningsna1l Member Posts: 2 New User
    nice post :)
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    terylion said:

We will see what happent:) in my opinion no matter what we write , they do nothing with Pvp:) but that is only my opinion:)

+1 bingo
  • terylionterylion Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    and one more thing they should remove, is double mark gwf and gf on op, then its lag and op die in 2 sec.
  • luisvlltaluisvllta Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Honestly, I hope they improve the pvp. If Eliminate draines, mane, and all those things that are exploited too much in pvp. It will become more balanced.
  • aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    A little anti-TR favour but a cool post after all, I agree with most of the changes!!! But I would change some priorities though: I think that the 1st thing to do is to atractt new people to PvP, a lot of new people. People that plays it are too few and sometimes queue doesn't pop for hours (literally).

One way to achieve that would be give some rewards or useful new currency if you play it properly, not just bot/afk it (homework for the devs). Also and very important, people shouldn't be able to PvP (or should have their own queue) if they are below 10k. I know that a 17k can destroy a 10.1k easily. But PvP is getting full of 4k/6k people. I don't know what are they, but surely not real players. A normal player reach level 70 with more than 4k and those trashy level 40 items I have seen and you would be suprise if you them (not even counting how slow and robotic they move and brainless they act).

THE MOST IMPORTANT: A good enviorement to start and test a new opportunity for PvP is Gauntlgrym PvP, which in it's days of glory (Mod 6-Mod8) used to be SOOO MUCH FUN!!, and much more cassual friendly! And yes, PvPers' premades ruined it (like all PVP in general), so keep them out of it with some restrictions. But I ensure you, GG PvP used to be haeven for us, so much fun, and without a lot of HAMSTER we meet in Dom... so that is your fertil ground to revamp PvP.

I doubt devs can understand PvP (without give in to hardcore PvP cheaters moans) but you should give it a try!

=:)
  • blackfire14#0949 blackfire14 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    why is the OPs temp hp is nerfed in pvp? now absolution,binding oath,etc. sucks. the op hits like a girl,slow as a turtle and now the devs took away his only ace card? for christ's sake guys, how do you think OP users would feel when compared to the GF in PVP who one shots other classes? please make NW PVP great again by at least making it fair. iv'e been playing since mod 4 and i still believe in you guys that you could make pvp fair and enjoyable again.
    edited September 2018
    Making a petition once was a tool to draw some attention from devs btw., it did work for several bugged or broken stuff in the past like Lostmauth set.

why is the OPs temp hp is nerfed in pvp? now absolution,binding oath,etc. sucks. the op hits like a girl,slow as a turtle and now the devs took away his only ace card? for christ's sake guys, how do you think OP users would feel when compared to the GF in PVP who one shots other classes? please make NW PVP great again by at least making it fair. iv'e been playing since mod 4 and i still believe in you guys that you could make pvp fair and enjoyable again.

Some OP´s dish out hard in PVP btw. and those OP´s 1:1 against a GF should win the race these days, maybe ask some hard hitter like Bullrath or others. I think the problem in PVP with paladin are all his bugged loops (SW/GF/GWF) otherwise the class would be on top, same as GWF would be one of the best classes if not that TR was.
    aleblain said:

..Also and very important, people shouldn't be able to PvP (or should have their own queue) if they are below 10k. I know that a 17k can destroy a 10.1k easily. But PvP is getting full of 4k/6k people. I don't know what are they, but surely not real players. A normal player reach level 70 with more than 4k and those trashy level 40 items I have seen and you would be suprise if you them (not even counting how slow and robotic they move and brainless they act)...
    /blockquote>

That´s what I also think when entering RAQ or REQ , but those player speak to me and tell me things like: "Öhm, no sry I do this first time" or "Sry I got no mof setup or buffer templock seup, I play this class since short" or "Sry I miss some gear".
    Some of them even don´t know what game they play I guess...