test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

September 2018 Maintenance Schedule

Comments

• thaomon#7292 thaomon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    For some people, myself included, this IS my weekend , not everybody works mon to fri.
  • masterrampa#2084 masterrampa Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    is it always like this...new player and they keep changing the time first it was 11 pst now its 2:30 pst just wondering?
  • kotoamatzukamikotoamatzukami Member Posts: 41 Arc User

> @gaz#5280 said:

> would be something if you got some kind of compensation for the downtime. its not unheard of, (well in this game it is) many online games will give some type of item/currency for not being able to access their games for long periods of time.

I think it depends on the nature of the downtime. Personally, I wouldn't want compensation unless a rollback was necessary to the process of maintenance.

Most of the time the compensation in other games happens because people act like they're entitled to a game and can't handle the slightest bit of downtime, so they get goodies and are placated until it happens again, thus repeating the cycle.

Well, I have to ask where you are from? Because for Central Europeans today was a complete day down. Considering this is going to happen again on September 25th (?) + the maintenance 2 days ago until 7 pm adds up to 2,5 days downtime in 2 weeks. I dont now about you, but i dont call this "the slightest bit of downtime" ...

Im not crying for a refund or anything, but we are not talking about peanuts here. Also we generally lose a little time with each weekly maintenance. This, of course, isnt much by itself (id say 30 mins to 1 hour for people with "normal" working times), but it adds up, too.

I do understand that some people start to get pissed about it.
  • chrisb#7185 chrisb Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Speak to us Cryptic, PWE, anybody. Tell us the problem and give a realistic eta. Ok so you are having a bad time but you need to
    manage your customer's expectations.

Personally I am off down the pub
  • machidielmihrmachidielmihr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Ugg... another hour and half :s:s:s:s:s good grief
  • masterrampa#2084 masterrampa Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    hmm i think i need to find another game all those maintenance almost every day for more then 4 hours and 7 hours
  • shinje#5526 shinje Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    -watches anime- Let me know when it's up lol :tired_face:
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I suspect a lot of it is out of their control, as it is to do with the data center.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User

is it always like this...new player and they keep changing the time first it was 11 pst now its 2:30 pst just wondering?

@masterrampa#2084 No it is. Today is extraordinary and here in August and September we've had more and longer maintenances that usual, so that Cryptic/PWE can keep their servers safe and up, to the longer term benefit of the players. Even if while they do it it is irritating.

The usual MO is maintenance once a week, Thursdays for PC and Tuesdays for consoles. Usually they take about 2.5 to 3 hours, longer if there's a huge patch but that is rare. The big ones happen maybe 2-3 times are year and can have 4 hours or so of maintenance.
    Then of course there's when they upload new expansions or mods, which can take a good five hours but also happens only a few times a year. (Often the big patches are combined with the expansion launches so they don't create extra downtime.)

But yeah, from here mid-September and on to the launch of Age of Discovery, we should only see one weekly maintenance with no more than 3 hours or so downtime.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • moonshadows2moonshadows2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have to agree with several of the other posters here. I understand if things are going wrong and the maintenance needs to be extended, but... this is a -lot- of maintenance in a short amount of time. Seeing today's up time continually being pushed back is frustrating, especially with no word from anyone. It really doesn't take long to type out a quick message and let people know that there were some snafus.
  • jadeidajadeida Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    22:30 :( Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    The only information I have is that there are technical issues and they are working on bringing the server up ASAP.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • gaz#5280 gaz Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    the lawyers finally got them out. now they're waiting on the sand to go hard in the mold.
  • skyshadow#1808 skyshadow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    This maintanance is very disappointing.
    It is natural that the extension check should be announced in advance.
    But not this time, it is an attitude to ignore users.
    Personally, i give up sleep and wait. but delayed 1 hour......2 hour......3 hour......<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> endless delayed make me crazy

Moderator applied hamster filter manually.
  • sismond#7543 sismond Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    ilithyn said:

@masterrampa#2084 No it is. Today is extraordinary and here in August and September we've had more and longer maintenances that usual, so that Cryptic/PWE can keep their servers safe and up, to the longer term benefit of the players. Even if while they do it it is irritating.

The usual MO is maintenance once a week, Thursdays for PC and Tuesdays for consoles. Usually they take about 2.5 to 3 hours, longer if there's a huge patch but that is rare. The big ones happen maybe 2-3 times are year and can have 4 hours or so of maintenance.
    Then of course there's when they upload new expansions or mods, which can take a good five hours but also happens only a few times a year. (Often the big patches are combined with the expansion launches so they don't create extra downtime.)

But yeah, from here mid-September and on to the launch of Age of Discovery, we should only see one weekly maintenance with no more than 3 hours or so downtime.
    That is all true, but usually game teams give more informations to players when someting going wrong. Players are customers and they have the right to have informations.
  • earthisflat#5756 earthisflat Member Posts: 1 New User
    When is it gonna be up and running on pc? Central time Chicago
  • ichorbladeichorblade Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    it is a little frustrating. ive never seen a scheduled maintenance listed for 9 and a half hours
  • juraevaljuraeval Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Yeah, this is ridiculous. They need to learn how to communicate expectations to their customers and address issues in a timely manner.
  • stewen01stewen01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Expected 6h scheduled maintenance, a little earlier it was 10h, now just 9h 30min sooo seems to be today I won't do so much. :'(
  • deven654321deven654321 Member Posts: 1 Arc User

Greetings Adventurers!

We will be performing a second phase of extended maintenance this month. Below is the current schedule for September maintenance. Please note that this schedule is subject to change.

Thursday, September 6
    All Platforms 7-9am PT (Regular maintenance)

Tuesday, September 11
    All Platforms 5-10am PT (Expected downtime of 5 hours) When is this for me?

Thursday, September 13
    XBox/PS4 5-10am PT (Expected downtime of 5 hours) When is this for me?
    PC 5-11am PT (Expected downtime of 6 hours)

Tuesday, September 18
    XBox/PS4 7-9am PT (Regular maintenance)

Thursday, September 20
    PC 7-9am PT (Regular maintenance)

Tuesday, September 25*
    PC 5am - 2pm PT (Expected downtime of 9 hours) When is this for me?
    XBox/PS4 7-9am PT (Regular maintenance)

*Drider (Russian Server) will also be down during the PC downtime on September 25

so when are servers suposed to be up, i got kicked at 4 this morning eastern time and it still says servers are down
  • balpheus1balpheus1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    5pm est server is unavailable
  • imkbwoodyimkbwoody Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    5.06 pm est P/C still waiting
  • arailem#1581 arailem Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    > @kotoamatzukami said:
    > > @gaz#5280 said:
    >
    > > would be something if you got some kind of compensation for the downtime. its not unheard of, (well in this game it is) many online games will give some type of item/currency for not being able to access their games for long periods of time.
    >
    >
    >
    > I think it depends on the nature of the downtime. Personally, I wouldn't want compensation unless a rollback was necessary to the process of maintenance.
    >
    >
    >
    > Most of the time the compensation in other games happens because people act like they're entitled to a game and can't handle the slightest bit of downtime, so they get goodies and are placated until it happens again, thus repeating the cycle.
    >
    > Well, I have to ask where you are from? Because for Central Europeans today was a complete day down. Considering this is going to happen again on September 25th (?) + the maintenance 2 days ago until 7 pm adds up to 2,5 days downtime in 2 weeks. I dont now about you, but i dont call this "the slightest bit of downtime" ...
    >
    > Im not crying for a refund or anything, but we are not talking about peanuts here. Also we generally lose a little time with each weekly maintenance. This, of course, isnt much by itself (id say 30 mins to 1 hour for people with "normal" working times), but it adds up, too.
    >
    > I do understand that some people start to get pissed about it.

Eastern US. I grew up playing Everquest, when back in 99/2000 patches could take upwards of 2 days if your 56k modem sucked.

That being said, they've mentioned on social media that there were technical issues with the maintenance. Problems always happen, and I'm grateful they're extending downtime for however longer to fix these issues than letting the game go live and have even more livid people to deal with.
    Sunshine SaltmineIs only game, why you have to be so buttmad?
  • ndecentndecent Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    juraeval said:

Yeah, this is ridiculous. They need to learn how to communicate expectations to their customers and address issues in a timely manner.

This would require them to give a Hamster ... A proposition that assumes facts not yet in evidence .. Kind of obvious that their player base isn't important enough to them to communicate with.
  • fliruflagfliruflag Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    For me maintenance starts just before I can go back home from work at 16:00 GMT+1. Now (7 hours later) the game is still down and it is time to go to bed, so I can wake up at 06:00 to go to the office. While at work, roll-over will happen at 12:00.
    All in all this means one day of not being able to play.

Working in IT, I know things can go wrong and problems can show up. But rule nr one: INFORM YOUR (PAYING) CUSTOMERS!!
  • louna#0878 louna Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    11pm my europe time, and my eyes cannot wait any longer for the game to be back online, I hope we get a little gift of somethingfor this extra long down times, ........ snorrzzzzzzz
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Cryptic showing they're complete buffoons on the communication front.

1. Tell people approximately what you're doing
    2. If you're having problems, alert people via all communications channels
    3. If you're still having problems and you can, go back and do it again another day

Taking an evening (a full day's play time for CET) out of your play schedule can be the difference between getting your apocalypse dagger or not if you're busy and this was one of your few free nights. It's just going to cost me some invoke coins but is extremely irritating as I'd cleared the decks to run the event.
  • heimdal#3771 heimdal Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    "please check the forums" the forums:
  • glitchgirl#3318 glitchgirl Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    its back on
  • ladyaradia#2029 ladyaradia Member Posts: 14 Arc User

its back on

Not yet for me... :(