test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

September 2018 Maintenance Schedule

Comments

• chickamidlchickamidl Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    No game yet ;(
  • necrosapien1#5788 necrosapien1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    All this time I am not allowed to play for the LONG and extended Maintenance. Is really cutting into my VIP time. Are we going to get something back for the time lost?
  • jadeidajadeida Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Too long time :( Why you don´t keep time schedule ?
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    [PC] Updates needed :o

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • glitchgirl#3318 glitchgirl Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I'm new to the game..... what exactly do you get out of VIP and is it really worth it?
  • arailem#1581 arailem Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    > @"gaz#5280" said:
    > would be something if you got some kind of compensation for the downtime. its not unheard of, (well in this game it is) many online games will give some type of item/currency for not being able to access their games for long periods of time.

I think it depends on the nature of the downtime. Personally, I wouldn't want compensation unless a rollback was necessary to the process of maintenance.

Most of the time the compensation in other games happens because people act like they're entitled to a game and can't handle the slightest bit of downtime, so they get goodies and are placated until it happens again, thus repeating the cycle.
    Sunshine SaltmineIs only game, why you have to be so buttmad?
  • gaz#5280 gaz Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    > @glitchgirl#3318 said:
    > I'm new to the game..... what exactly do you get out of VIP and is it really worth it?

you get access to range of things. discount in wondrous bazaar. access from anywhere: travel sign post, mailbox, bank, salvage anvil, professions vendor, teleport to moonstone mask, free vip key each day. some epic dung keys, id scrolls, invoke anywhere, and more.
  • ambival#9673 ambival Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    @glitchgirl#3318 ,

If you refer to https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9492533-neverwinter:-introducing-the-vip-program! , you will see a list of perks. I think overall, most players think it's great to have.

For me, the primary perks are (at the highest level):

1. Free enchanted lockbox key every day
    2. No wounds!
    3. Traveler's Signpost (teleport from anywhere)
    4. XP bonuses

It's a very reasonable price and can be bought without any real money if you so choose. I'd recommend buying some ZEN up front (and as often as the will takes you - devs gotta eat too!) and buying VIP. The game is certainly playable and fully enjoyable without it, but it's frosting on the cake.
  • gamnagamna Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Still down for me, 7:50
  • glitchgirl#3318 glitchgirl Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Thank you.... :)
  • arce72#4665 arce72 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    VIP is subscription fee for the game , if there is this much downtime then a refund is in order. I want a refund !!
  • ynde#7562 ynde Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I really chose the wrong time to try to get into this game. I have limited time on my schedule for video games at all, much less ones that can't be paused if something comes up. Even if the latest time estimate holds, it's going to continue right through my schedule window. Guess I'll go play The Witcher.
  • ambival#9673 ambival Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Part of what your VIP pays for is the downtime and support hardware, patches IT crew, networking. If you expect ANY online service (especially MMO's) to never have server downtime and never require patching, then you certainly shouldn't play them. No, there should be no VIP refund for an extra 30 minutes of playtime because it happened to coincide with YOUR schedule. None is reasonably expected, none should be given.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

Someone posted this before, but I am posting it again for everyone who skipped to the end of the thread...

https://arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/10999993-arc-scheduled-maintenance-september-2018

Well there is Arc maintenance and then there is Neverwinter maintenance which can be two different things. Today we were to have extended maintenance on PC servers as was in the original post by Julia. So I think the PS4 and XBOX downtime is probably related to ARC. PC probably got extended because they needed to do their maintenance after ARC and then extended even further as things came up.

Either way it is no big deal in the overall scheme of things.
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Chill out people. It was announced maintenance. I rather have them take the time to do it right then for the whole go kerplooie over the weekend.
  • vigilivigili Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    Next time start your üpdates or whatevers during the US daytime like from 7 am till whenever,But nooooooooooo,always hinder the non US players.sux.
  • javvahut123#8320 javvahut123 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    are the servers going to be back on or nah at 1pm pst devs
  • maddog1632#0573 maddog1632 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    vigili Posts: 3Member, NW M9 Playtest Arc User
    3:22PM
    Next time start your üpdates or whatevers during the US daytime like from 7 am till whenever,But nooooooooooo,always hinder the non US players.sux.

HAHAHA- Guess even with digital clocks, millennials STILL can't read the time..... In case you're wondering Vigili, 5 AM-1 PM Pacific (1200 -2000 UTC) **is** the time you suggest. The US time zones start at -4 UTC, so 1200 UTC **is** 0800 hours on the glorious east coast of the United States and 0500 hours on the West coast. HAHAHAHA You sooo funny!
  • gruphy#6632 gruphy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I've been playing for about 5 months now and have VIP and yes we do lose playing time for maintenance but so what it's not the end of the world if that is all you have to complain about then you must have a perfect life so let them do their job which they are damn good at and wait.
  • neromak#0503 neromak Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm all for extended downtime to do it right. Don't need no server meltdown over the weekend. Take your time guys/gals.
  • sismond#7543 sismond Member Posts: 19 Arc User

I'm all for extended downtime to do it right. Don't need no server meltdown over the weekend. Take your time guys/gals.

They have answered your prayers and just extended it by an extra 1hr and 30mins
    yeah, someting is really wrong with this maintenance.
  • gaz#5280 gaz Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    > @neromak#0503 said:
    > I'm all for extended downtime to do it right. Don't need no server meltdown over the weekend. Take your time guys/gals.

im all for them getting everthing spot on also. but to balance it out. i also see some of the other peoples gripes. as not everyone would of had a chance to log in before, and may not be able to log in afterwards so they could claim their vip keys etc for the day. to some of us that is'nt a big deal either. but to some people it will be.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    Judging by the latest extension, all the server hamsters have escaped and it is taking forever to round them up, catch them all and ensure they are securely locked in their wheels this time :)
  • bierleerbierleer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Another 1.5 hours and i ran out of beer. Good night^^
  • foxrelffoxrelf Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    from 11am to 2:30pm, why is it taking so long ?