test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What does the game need?

The answer is very simple - challenge.

Something like very hard 10-20man guild-dungeon with leaderboard and good rewards.

Comments

• whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    hawkeyel said:

This game needs more Devs to do the work. Far to much work on far to few people.

We will have m14 soon.
    There will be new dungeon. But...

Devs could make it harder. They could give us better rewards (harder = more rewards)
    But... NO.

And this is only one thing in a very long list of such staff.

"few people" - i think is not a so huge problem.

I think, first of all, the problem is in a choice of right way.
    There is no competitive component in the game.

But there is a lot of people with tons of different experience. They could give good feedbacks. They could help devs to make better content. To create amazing dungeons. Hard PvE content. Leaderboards... etc...
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Games of this nature are generally not challenging to any character that is close to max. The average end-game player, however, which is probably in the 10K - 12K IL range, will find this game extraordinarily challenging. I don't know what your character is like, but if you're in the 15K+ range (especially if you're 16K+) then that's a bit like pitting an M1 Abrams against a bunch of cavemen, and complaining that the fight wasn't challenging enough for the tank....

Want a challenge? Ditch your BiS gear and play in the 12K range with players no higher IL than 13K.
  • shifty#7516 shifty Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @whitestarua said:
    > The answer is very simple - challenge.
    >
    >
    > Something like very hard 10-20man guild-dungeon with leaderboard and good rewards.

In regards to rewards, it's important to remember that new Modules are consistently released throughout the year. Slowly increasing the quality of items each module is a must for this to work, if Mod15 was to bring in items substantially better than the previous Modules it would offer little to no use to take a look at that content. Mod13 items are and will still be relevant in the coming modules because of this so there is less of a feeling that you have grinded all those hours just to salvage that piece of gear that took 20 hours of game time and then start it all again.
  • midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    I think we need a big upgrade to guilds structures, SH and Ally. We need more content to do in guild. And first of all make everything to stop power runs in dungeons (like doing "first phase") new challenge we need to revive NW.
  • almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    I understand the OP and folks who agree with him/her, but there is this little problem: NWO community is mainly composed of casual players who come here after work and use their $$ to catch up on stuff.
    If you make the game too hard...they will move on to new shores and NWO might suffer.

Such things need careful consideration, I also would like to see more challenging content, but I too care for casual folks who just want to relax after work. Maybe our Devs could implement a special difficulty level, that is easier than the original version of the instance and provides the same gear but with less item level and lesser equip bonus %'s. This exists in World of Warcraft, it's caller "Raider Finder" difficulty.
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Just remove post.<
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    They should introduce something into dungeons similar to the Tarroka card system for hunts. Increase difficulty and marginally increase rewards, for those who want it. It would also be a nice AD sink.
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User

They should introduce something into dungeons similar to the Tarroka card system for hunts. Increase difficulty and marginally increase rewards, for those who want it. It would also be a nice AD sink.

The devs have a habit of foreshadowing changes that they want to inflict on players.

• cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    More cost-effective/interesting dung, not only codg/tong/cr/cn/etos. And better drop, now only masochists want farming AD from weekend quests. Drop (often useless) and AD from dung it's low, very low.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Issue is that you can't have chase items such as UES and not have speedruns etc.
  • constantmule#4943 constantmule Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    fewer currencies, more instances the size of tiamat (number of players i mean) , a lot more random encounter sort of things and less time gated stuff on campaigns. ...17 hours till you can click a button in the campaign menu a second time is kind of silly. oh, and VIP needs to be played time, not real time but for the love of god..kill the 500 different currency stuff
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2018

The answer is very simple - challenge.

Something like very hard 10-20man guild-dungeon with leaderboard and good rewards.

People can't even learn tactics with what we currently have, and I'm talking about "pro" players. People will try and brute force through boss mechanics at every opportunity from the beginning of this game (If anyone remembers when VT first came about. And also look at ToNG 2nd boss where very few know what the mechanics really are.)

If you wanted to make it hard like other MMOs where parties need to be on point with CC, agro management, DPS, healing....

Well that won't work because this game is so imbalanced and all over the place, if you really wanted to make "hard" content, then you'd only get one setup like we kinda do now, but the difference being that only 0.01% of those players will be able to do it. I only people that I know who want a challenge in this game could be counted on one hand. Not counting the people I force to come on my experiments.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Neverwinter is a casual game. It has always been a casual game. I don't know why people expect challenge, that's not the audience. But if you insist, there's always PvP too.
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    In the words of the immortal Jack Nicholson as the joker, "This town needs an HAMSTER."

So, what is stopping up the game, so to speak?

1. Consistent developmental philosophy that permits styles of play (from uber PvPers to casual, solo RPers) in the classic DnD environment.

2. Commitment to quality on release, especially with regards to bugs/exploits/glitches.

3. Commitment to player developed content (whether streamers, foundry authors, forums, moderators, developer interaction, etc).

4. Clear pathway of progression, especially after level 70.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Things the game does not need:
    1) Harder dungeons to make BiS equipment more difficult to obtain for the classes the devs have ignored for years.

Things it needs:
    1) Actual class balancing.
    2) A hold on new content until class balancing is done and thoroughly tested.
    3) A re-emphasis on the foundry would be nice. It used to actually be fun, but I doubt I've played it in three years now.
    4) Re-introduction of deleted dungeon spaces with worthwhile rewards for exploring them.
    5) A rewrite of every broken boss encounter in MSP, TONG, CODG, and CR, getting rid of every boring/oppressive control-immunity-instadeath mechanic.
    6) 24 hours' worth of spaces in the new professions delivery box instead of 9 spaces or whatever it is.
    7) Devs that actually play the game so that they won't make nonsense decisions like increasing Aspect of the Serpent stacks.
    8) Tooltips that actually, accurately tell us what "a chance" is, how much damage a power really does, and what effect an increase to a given stat will have when we are speccing/respeccing. Even roguelikes such as ADOM manage that. Example: the tooltip says Prey, the archery capstone, is a 40% increase in damage when it's actually 16.8%. Elsewhere people have to mine the code or do extensive testing to figure out what a tooltip means when it says a percentage: Does it mean an addition of 20% to, for instance, DR so that current DR of 20% will become 40% or a fractional addition to DR such that 20% becomes 24%? Who knows? No one, without testing.
    9) Realistic level gates for content. No more sub 13k players in FBI or Svardborg or MSP.
    10) Endgame content that reflects what the player base actually wants to do (mostly DPS) instead of requiring 3-4 support classes that people are only playing because badly designed content requires that party composition.
    11) A THOROUGH REMOVAL OF THE RNG WHEREVER POSSIBLE INSTEAD OF MAKING IT THE ONLY REAL OPPONENT IN THE GAME AND INJECTING IT EVERYWHERE.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    In short, a lethal injection.

In long, a very, very lethal injection that guarantees painful, but near instant death.

I mean, that's what the devs want too, right?
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

In short, a lethal injection.

In long, a very, very lethal injection that guarantees painful, but near instant death.

I mean, that's what the devs want too, right?

I've been hearing this line for over 2 years now, and it's probably older than that. Give it a rest.
  • ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    more interesting D&D stuff, in particular I'd say some far out there zones. I wish to travel through the elemental planes as a new campaign. alot of players in my alliance are wishing for the fifty key pack back in the zen store too.
    im actually the gwf carry