test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Generic Request to Update Event Rewards (and Drops)

checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
I think this has been requested before, but I will post again to ask that the drops and rewards for events be updated.

As the events have aged significantly, long time players find little to do in the repeat events, since the transmutes, dyes, and companions are all collected.

Moreover, the chest rewards and drops are, shall I say, incredibly weak.

In Orc Assault, for example, the highest reward in enchants that one can receive is a rank 6 Savage Enchant (if you have received higher post it) from final chest. Whereas a rank 6 meant something many many mods ago, with the addition of rank 7-9 enchants in tar bar and lockboxes, this means that the market is flooded with higher enchants. Even summer event had higher rewards for silver tickets.

Also, drops during the event itself are rank 1-4 enchants from mobs. Except for the paulty amount of gold these provide when sold, the drops are unuseable.

The rewards in the store also haven't changed. Some, like myself, actually stock up on desireable transmutes. But this kind of play is not for everyone. And the store rewards needs more options.

Thanks for reading!
LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

I think this has been requested before, but I will post again to ask that the drops and rewards for events be updated.

As the events have aged significantly, long time players find little to do in the repeat events, since the transmutes, dyes, and companions are all collected.

In Orc Assault, for example, the highest reward in enchants that one can receive is a rank 6 Savage Enchant (if you have received higher post it) from final chest. Whereas a rank 6 meant something many many mods ago, with the addition of rank 7-9 enchants in tar bar and lockboxes, this means that the market is flooded with higher enchants. Even summer event had higher rewards for silver tickets.

Also, drops during the event itself are rank 1-4 enchants from mobs. Except for the paulty amount of gold these provide when sold, the drops are unuseable.

The rewards in the store also haven't changed. Some, like myself, actually stock up on desireable transmutes. But this kind of play is not for everyone. And the store rewards needs more options.

Thanks for reading!

You are a little late to the party. They've already announced they are working on changes to the events. Masquerade of Liars and Winterfest have been confirmed for changes with the next event so far. The others are a work in progress or on the "to do" list.
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    zephyriah said:

Thanks for reading!

You are a little late to the party. They've already announced they are working on changes to the events. Masquerade of Liars and Winterfest have been confirmed for changes with the next event so far. The others are a work in progress or on the "to do" list.
    I already knew they announced these proposed changes. However, in light of some of the aging content in the game, fixing or identifying 2 events specifically for revision would not be enough to make events that cycle annually more enjoyable. Thus, I put in my voice respectfully on this forum so that developers may know at least one attitude from the playerbase that wishes for more.

Just like professions (which has been put off for many many many mods) was announced to be changed, it is not wrong to say, I hope professions are changed, and to give specific ideas on what would make them better, or what does not make sense. As long as it is all done with a desire to make Neverwinter a more enjoyable game overall, there should be no problem with posting it again.

Thanks!

LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• waryurwaryur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    I agree with you whole heartedly, Lev. This was the first summer festival since launch that I didn't even go into the zone. And that's kinda sad, because it is a fun event.
    I feel there's currently no incentive to participate in events for folks who have been playing since launch, aside from stronghold or alliance needs, when it has been the same rewards for years.
    Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the events mightily. They are a fun break and change of pace. Yet if I already have all the rewards possible, and the best I can hope for drops are rank 6s, or loot I can buy super cheap on the AH, and it's been that way for years, it lessons my desire to join the event, let alone grind it.
    I truly hope changes are coming to Liars and Winterfest. They are just around the corner, so we will see.
    Hidden Valley Ranch - NW-DPNGENL6E D&D Adventures Part I
    House of 1000 Corpses - NW-DIEYVLCML D&D Adventures Part II
    Well of Dragons - NW-DTPJEKZCT Third Place Winner CotD Foundry Contest
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 1 - NW-DM8GHAME2 Monty Python!
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 2 - NW-DFADOS4EX Monty Python!
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    I actually enjoy events like the Siege of Neverwinter in that it feels like the adventurers coming together to fight off the hordes per the game story line. I like the Winter Fest because... it just feels like Christmas and I like getting with my guild to exchange gifts. Both of those have mount rewards and those are nice for any new toons I have.
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    It's "player's choice", players choose to - or not to participate in events based on their opinion of the worth of rewards offered...

I don't know of any possible change that will appease everyone, with the possible exception of giving away sometimes very good prizes for little or no effort - for just showing up (which is kind of what the Simril festival is like)... and people still complain about the prizes during that event.

Most of those complaints are along the lines of "I already have that" or better than that...

For a lot of players these events are new, or new-ish for them, for other players they are old and tired...

But as a player who has been online for several years, I'd still like to see some changes, upgrades if you will, in some awards and rewards - even though I don't actually consider any event "old and tired".

I have a feeling that if Cryptic/Neverwinter finds that participation levels for a certain event(s) are declining to a point they consider unacceptable they will more readily think about making changes - if they don't feel the participation levels are suffering they may not.

Or they may consider making a few changes just to keep more players, old and new, interested in playing.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    +1 to the original request.