test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hag's Rags

naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
Maybe someone already tested this. Is it true that Hag's Rags is not buffing any sw powers at all? Even if you don't use eyestalk wrappers?

Comments

• mehrunesdagon#1073 mehrunesdagon Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2018

Maybe someone already tested this. Is it true that Hag's Rags is not buffing any sw powers at all? Even if you don't use eyestalk wrappers?

From what I've heard, the bonus works on the SW, but certain powers like gates wont work with it. and they also dont stack with eyestalk wrappers.I could be wrong, but when I was playing for a few hours last night, i was not getting the buff from either piece of gear while wearing both at the same time. so you might be right. Havent tested with wearing one at a time yet but i will later on. Again i could be wrong about that, but they dont stack from what ive heard. ill be using the terrored grips until its fixed or i may just stick with terrored grips altogether.
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    Yeah, I still didn't get around to testing it too, but I will also be switching to some other gloves. Problem is, stats on terrored grips are awful. It has the same bonus as jawrippers, but overall it has a lot less stats due to the -2.5k recovery. Only thing it has more is IL and it is easier to get.
    After getting it I will also test which encounters it buffs, as it probably doesn't buff all of them. You know, tooltip accuracy.
  • rodostorodosto Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    It does only buffs your ranged powers so Pillars, Gates etc. will not be affected by Rags.

Well, we do use Brood, KF, Hadar and Rebuke most of the time for single dps anyways... and they are ranged ofcourse. Best damage powers are ranged.

As for the Terrored Grips, losing 1-1.5 sec is NOT better than getting %3 more damage. Jawrippers is just better.

Why adding -2500 recovery to an item without properly buffing the other stats? I mean besides itemlevel, rippers and grips are same but that minus recovery is just bad. At least add more 1k or less power or crits to compensate losing recovery.
  • xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    Is that 3% on encounter ranged only or does that include at wills as well? Always a tough call on faster encounter up time vs greater dmg.
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • mehrunesdagon#1653 mehrunesdagon Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    @rodosto If you're having trouble stacking recovery or if it isn't at a high level yet, I can see why you'd have a problem using terrored grips. Jawrippers gloves win out when it comes to stats I agree, but everyone doesnt have a problem with recovery...At least not me. I have other means of gaining that 2.5k recovery back and depending on your luck, terrored grips might be easier to obtain these days.
  • mehrunesdagon#1653 mehrunesdagon Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    > @xcessiveforce40 said:
    > Is that 3% on encounter ranged only or does that include at wills as well? Always a tough call on faster encounter up time vs greater dmg.

should work with hellish rebuke and hand of blight when its not in melee range. Its not just encounters also.

@rodosto If you're having trouble stacking recovery or if it isn't at a high level yet, I can see why you'd have a problem using terrored grips. Jawrippers gloves win out when it comes to stats I agree, but everyone doesnt have a problem with recovery...At least not me. I have other means of gaining that 2.5k recovery back and depending on your luck, terrored grips might be easier to obtain these days.

If you have way too much recovery, more than it is useful to have, and can't compensate it in any other part of your gear, or if you couldn't care less about recovery, then using the grips is not that detrimental. However if you are carefully balancing all of your stats, the grips are inferior to jawrippers gloves. (more ocd than gamebreaking anyway)

I find it somewhat weird the way they designed the grips, and I get it that it is recovery and all (artificer's persuasion), but in my case it's basically 2.5k of another attribute (say, power) that I will be losing to get my numbers exactly where I want them. Looking at it this way, the grips has only the encounter damage, while jawrippers has the encounter damage plus some stats. The only real plus on the grips is it's a lot easier to get than the jawrippers.

But when you put the grips and gloves side by side, it doesn't really make sense that the grips has a higher item level, as the only benefit it has over the gloves is that it is easier to obtain.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    I prefer to stack as much recovery as reasonably possible because it makes a difference in maintaining sparks when running Soulbinder for boss DPS.

For dungeon trash and daily stuff, the 2.5k recovery is whatever, especially if you're running a Heart for constant Artificer's Persuasion, but I'm not willing to give up recovery on bosses.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• rodostorodosto Member Posts: 76 Arc User

If you have way too much recovery, more than it is useful to have, and can't compensate it in any other part of your gear, or if you couldn't care less about recovery, then using the grips is not that detrimental. However if you are carefully balancing all of your stats, the grips are inferior to jawrippers gloves. (more ocd than gamebreaking anyway)

I find it somewhat weird the way they designed the grips, and I get it that it is recovery and all (artificer's persuasion), but in my case it's basically 2.5k of another attribute (say, power) that I will be losing to get my numbers exactly where I want them. Looking at it this way, the grips has only the encounter damage, while jawrippers has the encounter damage plus some stats. The only real plus on the grips is it's a lot easier to get than the jawrippers.

But when you put the grips and gloves side by side, it doesn't really make sense that the grips has a higher item level, as the only benefit it has over the gloves is that it is easier to obtain.
    ...and now the Terrored Grips became the meta after the fix.

It's really awesome now and taking back that 2500 rec is obviously helped our dps alot.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    rodosto said:

...and now the Terrored Grips became the meta after the fix.

It's really awesome now and taking back that 2500 rec is obviously helped our dps alot.
    And now available on PC you can stack Hag Rags and Eyestalk wraps. :astonished: