test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seeking Reviews: Crestfallen

jennutjennut Member Posts: 16 Arc User
Hello - I am seeking reviews for my quest :smiley: I had a lot of fun building it. I have had a blast writing the dialog and using the editor (well, mostly fun! :D). It took a long, long time to hit publish, but I'm happy/relieved I finally/actually did. I hope you enjoy playing it.

Comments and feedback of all kind are both welcome and appreciated! I focused more on the dialog, but I hope to have found a good mix of story and combat. It's intended to be a moderate solo.

Campaign Name: Crestfallen
Short Code: NW-DLYD7ANO6
Author: @jennut

Summary:

You see an interesting posting on the job board for Protector's Enclave. The official Neverwinter guard seal catches your eye.

Noble Adventurers!

Assistance is needed in the outskirts of Borgeaux Village to support the Neverwinter military presence in that area. Experience with the undead helpful.

- Guard Frinko
Tagged:

Comments

• iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Pretty good, I ran it this evening. Check your spelling in places, there were a couple of misspellings, but they're easily fixed. One of the things I'd change is the horse dialog, "nay" means "no" where as "neigh" or "*baffles* *snorts* *nickers*" could describe sounds a horse makes.
    The character I was using wasn't the best for gauging difficulty (15.2k) but the encounter choices seemed like they'd be pretty moderate for characters under 10k. Once characters get beyond 10k the Foundry doesn't scale as well and certain battles can become quite easy. Also, check NPC names for errors or editing names made when creating custom looks, there appeared to be a couple with added suffixes to designate between them while creating. Pacing seemed pretty good as well, there certainly is the option to read more text or simply click to move on. Most of the major things seemed to function as intended, just keep an eye on the smaller details.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • jennutjennut Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Thank you very much for your review! I'll go through and check the NPC names again. It sounds like I missed a few of them. I wish I would have remembered to use the component tree before now :#

I'm unsure what to do with the scalability. I've changed the encounters a bunch, but I don't know how to decide the best balance for the most levels. Then I realized it resets the names/details when I change an encounter... alas.

Nay - that's been making me laugh all morning. Leave it to me to create disagreeable horses! I'm glad you pointed that out. I don't know if I would have ever caught it.

Thanks again! I really appreciate your help.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Well it's hard to balance difficulty because we aren't able to change factors like damage immunity, resistance, mechanics, or hit points. Leveling players might have a far more difficult time than players with high item level. That's why it's difficult to find that happy medium. The same issues persist in weekend events that scale players as well.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5