test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SW Needs a Buff [Mod14-Relevent] [PC] - Into the HDPS category please.

2»

Comments

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Even using that glitch you do not beat other hdps classes like TR and GF etc.
    It does not work in T2/T2.5 I think
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    @schietindebux it doesn't work there nor in pvp.
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User

I run with a SW all the time. His rotation prior to mod 13 was and is the same as the one causing SW to produce massive damage from a bug/glitch. Prior to mod 13 hitting PS4 my CW and his SW were similar in damage in most content. Since the Mod 13 he is now full of himself thinking he is the best thing since the wheel was invented.

As for content where the bug does work... All content. The one thing we did learn is that the SW bug tends to be most effective on single targets and the longer the fight the better the damage produced by a SW.

The devs need to fix this so any SW thinking that they are a god as DPS can come back to reality.

No, the bug does not work in all content. The only way to avoid causing the bug on the content where it works is to not use one of your best, fastest casting, most convenient to use daily. And the "bug" did not actually come up because of mod 13, but mod 13 did help buff sw's by a considerable amount due to many other changes.

SW can perfectly think they are a good dps if they are running as solo dps. Compared to good GF or TR on the same run they suck though, even with this "bug" (and they are supposed to be a dps class, don't you agree?). The thing with this bug though is that the devs only way to fix it is by removing the daily and completely reworking it to something else.

Btw, what build is your CW?

And on another topic, does anyone know the SW that hit 100m KF in codg? Found a guy on discord with the same name but it wasn't him and he called my friend a pleb for suggesting it was a misread 10m hit but it wasn't scorpineitaa either. Think I will have to find out his handle to understand how to hit that hard :(
    edited September 2018
    If you run FBI or Spellplague without bugged powers you know exactly where your 17k+ SW stand vs a 15k TR, GF or GWF. And no, Soulbinder is not the answer.
    Nothing there to hold against 100mio+ hits from SOD :)
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PhbYUNlkwk

Ehhh, SWs can hit hard. The linked video isn't even the best SW I know. Heck, I even know SWs that can hit as hard as gwiffs for the love of god. It's all about timing.
    Guess you should simply compare the classes yourself, do the math about self buffs and check it yourself to come to the conclusion that there is nothing a SW can put against TR, GF, Hunter or GWF with a legit setup. That video shows nothing than a perfect buffer setup and maybe a broken daily on top, maybe prenerf aera mod 13.
    If you compare a bad performing TR or GF with a good performing SW the difference is not visible.
    As said, take that lock, take that other class, go FBI or MSP and check ACT afterwards.. Maybe tone down buffs a bit to avoid 10 sec kills. Codg and Tong are bugged dungeons for the warlock leading to effectiveness 500+
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    I find it funny that I literally said that SWs can hit as hard as gwiffs (which are no longer the top of the DPS world, sure, but they're bloody well near it) in the hands of the right player.

Considering that on that run where I soloed FBI to 2nd turtle to prove FBI wasn't so hard, 2 SWs from the alliance joined and did ~160m damage each on Turtle and Drufi, so just to clarify - 2x sw, 1x dc, 1x op and 1x gwf, and BOTH SWs were DPS, that beat my DPS in any case.

I reckon that SWs can do well enough in other dungeons, bud. I'm no WickedDuck in terms of GWFing but I'm no slouch either.
    I'll give ya same advice I gave to that guy calling for FBI nerfs:

Nighty-o.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    The emphasis is on "legit." The SW in the video is not only clearly benefiting from the Brood of Hadar 500% DPS efficiency bug but is also paired with what I assume is a DPS GF.

If you remove the exploit, SW is better off than CW (isn't everyone?) but still lagging behind similarly skilled and geared physical DPS.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    @vorphied sw with bug is hadar is slightly weaker than cw, without it the gap widens. Yes, the sw of the video is using bug of hadar and a top tier dps gf is helped with damage (not bashing them, but pointing out to non sws who might misunderstand what they see)

@gromovnipljesak#8234 sw literary can't hit as hard as gwf no matter how good the timing, the class literary is worse at dpsing.

The situation you mentioned doesn't prove anything other than it was a party composition were the superior dpser (gwf) lacked a ton of buffs which in turn mitigated a few of the weaknesses of the inferior dpser (sw) that are not dealing damage well and fast enough, turtle and drufi survived much much longer than they would have otherwise so sw dot could actually deal damage and you couldn't burst the boss down instantly because of lack of buffs.

You merely described a situation that doesn't accurately show class balance and on top of that you used a gift to tell one of the posters to get good when it's you the one who should bother getting good at knowing sw so you don't post that kind of stuff.

Did you even know the sw of the video used a warlock-only dps bug?

If you get 4 buffers and dps bosses then one of the sws you mentioned takes your place do you think he'll hit "just as hard as a gwf"? No, he won't, class design and game mechanics make sure that won't be the case.

I invite you to join sw discord server were your fellow pc players can prove you wrong with act logs and/or formulas, videos etc.

Before you belittle someone else perhaps you should bother learning more on the class you're talking about.
    edited September 2018
    @jaime4312#3760 Personally I find that SW Soulbinder is stronger at boss DPS than CW. I could see it just maybe with Spellstorm also partied with a MoF, but otherwise I'm doubtful.

While it's within the realm of possibility that I'm a better SW than I am a CW, I have both classes similarly geared for DPS and am fairly sure that my Soulbinder spec out-performs my MoF and SS boss DPS specs even when I deliberately avoid the bug. If we're talking about using the bug, then performance is closer to similarly equipped GWF and such.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

> @bellkazi said:
    > If we're talking about using the bug, then performance is closer to similarly equipped GWF and such.
    >
    > Yes.
    > If remove Prominence Enchantment, AoC,Wheel of Elements,bloody death and much more :D

Let’s not exaggerate. GWF is good, but not the top DPS, and the Bug of Hadar glitch is absurd when combined with Soulbinder DPS. The gap isn’t as large as you might think...but sadly, this is true only with the bug taken into account.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited September 2018
    Pfft, simply stuffed my invoking TR and dealt similar dps at 10k than 13k to 15k player in queue... first time read a guide, moved my feytouched, no boons, no guild, augment with low gear, real fun :blush:
    And hey, SoD hits for 360k+ solo on that dummy at 24k power ...
    My KF on a dummy at 72k power, ultimate feytouched, full CA-bonus, Tiger, 3xarchon, groot, 114.5% CS, PoP-buff active, WC active...160k crit at full health, 800k at zero health
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • still haven't run with sw as main dps in cr but t9 they are pretty powerful and I don't mean just orcus, though I run with one who melts after waiting for the first jump. is that the bug because I don't know. interested to see one in action against the gwf armor or against sisters when the health bar glitches.
    im actually the gwf carry
    Yes that´s the effectivness bug mentioned.
    BoH + Soulscorch or BoH + HG, WB, HR are up to doubled in effectiveness.
    Same as associated procs from fury-capstone, aaand other procs are 500% effective.
    In Tong same as codg this is a way to work arround the fact that SW is no striker in this game.
  • mirajanesitrimirajanesitri Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    in paingiver race where neither sw or cw gets buffed by bane and exhiltation..like orcus the sw will trash the cw plain and simple...however if there is not alot of hp on boss its other way around to some agree..the cw wont trash the sw but it wil perform better cause its burst is enough to make a gap(again this for cw to actually overpower sw in short fights require strong buffers to make its burst good)dot in this game is very pointless except big hp bosses there its actually kinda good(the main prob is sw is stil very party depended..if you dont have proper support you wont one phase it like a tr/gf/gwf(they dont need bis supporters but they do need competent ones)the bug is to unreliable which means it only last during the duration of boh bite(so you have short window as well as need the ability to maintain it..this you can see on act logs anyways the rolar coaster ride...as well as boh bite that bugs.,.the boh daily it self doesnt bug)so for sw to actually melt fast not only do you need to relay on a stupid bug you also need consistant buffs and highestet debuffs possible from durartion of swarm+ssc....to take large chunk of hp fast enough so you can finish the remaining hp....(that scenario is where im sceptic a cw can burn faster then sw..id say its roughly the same speed..though on discord i use to say sw is faster..but i keep forgeting cw burst+dot