test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sthrad Arrow or bloodswarm or bats mechanic. bug,broken, or wrong marking ?

seridkalsenovseridkalsenov Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
Now i don't have the Screenshot about this but the Arrow mechanic or also known as bats is kinda weird to me.

AFAIK the arrow is like FBI Hypothermia or CoDG and it deal piercing dmg. to avoid getting killed is to group-up

now the main problem is : when i group up instead reducing the dmg of the targeted person should take. it deal around 170k-200k per second with all 5 party member hugging the targeted person ??? we all died from this cause the 2x DC are not a healer and the SW can't heal because there is no enemies around.
Does this a bug ??
or the mechanic is broken ??
or maybe it act in different way but the implementation of the marking is wrong ??? (Example the CoDG whirlpool mechanic where the targeted person need to run away from group)

lemme know what you guys experience since this is one is keep making me wonder how am i suppose to run the dungeon with less than 5 Mass scrolls. or even no scrolls run :)B)
Tagged:

Comments

• seridkalsenovseridkalsenov Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    ty for the link im gonna send the link to the bug report window. :)
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Will add that the bat mechanic / swarm your talking about does not mean to group up together as they will kill the team. In the sisters fight and this is only if lag or the bug of delay does not hit when you get red arrows you should go to a lamp post and wait the mechanic out. The light from the lamp post will cause the bats to leave you alone and you nor anyone dies. In the last boss fight when you get this on you you should go to the candles around the room and stand by 1 candle. The lights from the candles will cause the bats to leave you alone and in turn no one dies. However there is a bug on this where the bats are to late or to fast or never come at all. This is known and like most have said may not get fixed any time soon as most use scrolls to counter it. However that isnt the case of the topic at hand. Never group up when you have this mechanic. If you can make it to a lamp or candle do so and wait or at very least get away from the group and take the death.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    b4t1b4t said:

Will add that the bat mechanic / swarm your talking about does not mean to group up together as they will kill the team. In the sisters fight and this is only if lag or the bug of delay does not hit when you get red arrows you should go to a lamp post and wait the mechanic out. The light from the lamp post will cause the bats to leave you alone and you nor anyone dies. In the last boss fight when you get this on you you should go to the candles around the room and stand by 1 candle. The lights from the candles will cause the bats to leave you alone and in turn no one dies. However there is a bug on this where the bats are to late or to fast or never come at all. This is known and like most have said may not get fixed any time soon as most use scrolls to counter it. However that isnt the case of the topic at hand. Never group up when you have this mechanic. If you can make it to a lamp or candle do so and wait or at very least get away from the group and take the death.

This is false. I have specifically tested this and the bats have still damaged party members standing near lights.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User

b4t1b4t said:

This is false. I have specifically tested this and the bats have still damaged party members standing near lights.
    I can only imagine the devs observing and reading all of the superstitions players have conjured up to try to explain this ridiculously buggy mechanic. I wonder if they're laughing, crying, or perhaps a bit of both.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    RJC on his cleric last night was running into the corners and surviving somehow.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    pitshade said:

RJC on his cleric last night was running into the corners and surviving somehow.

I think that people saying to run away are not "wrong", but I suspect there is a more precise answer.

Edgy, try blocking line of sight from the center of the room with the pillars. Idk if you can do it with the HAMSTER lizards, but I am lucky I chose the races with a smaller hitboxes.

If my suspicions about this "attack" are correct, then what people were really were doing was that they were breaking line of sight from discount dracula, who is attacking the party from the middle despite not being present.

A similar strategy of breaking line of sight can be used to cheat the chains during the sisters of fury.

Since I don't have access to the game's hitboxes/code/etc, I cannot reliably confirm how true this is.

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

pitshade said:

I think that people saying to run away are not "wrong", but I suspect there is a more precise answer.

Edgy, try blocking line of sight from the center of the room with the pillars. Idk if you can do it with the HAMSTER lizards, but I am lucky I chose the races with a smaller hitboxes.

If my suspicions about this "attack" are correct, then what people were really were doing was that they were breaking line of sight from discount dracula, who is attacking the party from the middle despite not being present.

A similar strategy of breaking line of sight can be used to cheat the chains during the sisters of fury.

Since I don't have access to the game's hitboxes/code/etc, I cannot reliably confirm how true this is.
    That...Actually makes sense yes. I would be interested in testing if that works reliably. If so though I don't think it is the intended way for dealing with the bats and just a byproduct of poor design.