test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild Stronghold Heroic Events/Equipment/Rewards need an update

I just want to give some feedback on Guild Stronghold content, and I'm sure others feel the same.
I joined a guild/stronghold while they were still Guild Hall 2, and now we are Guild Hall 11. We've run the same exact content, every single day, to get influence and other vouchers. Here's the main problems:

1. Heroic events are EASY and redundant, with terrible rewards. I can solo some T3 events (only IL 12,000 TR), and usually get rewarded with a couple of black pearls. When my guild runs the T3's (might only sometimes be 3-8 people on at a time), we can usually tear through each higher HE in under a minute or two. No Challenge! If we are rewarded with actual rare gear, it is extremely outdated and WEAK!
1b. Daily quests.. how many times do I have to collect the same 6 chests from the lake? Who keeps putting them there? How many times will Halamvir the Smith need to get whooped before he gives up trying?
3. Dragon Flights.. again OUTDATED gear.. although it is nice to get some vouchers.. unfortunately you have to spend real money to unlock the chests
4. Marauders actually give a real challenge and the influence boost is nice. However, do I really need a reward of 10 white vouchers that only raise (example) "Treasures of Tyranny" by about 60?
5. Guild Marks and purchasable gear... Yes, this stuff is OK for a character that JUST hit level 70, as a very very temporary placeholder. It is basically outdated as soon as it is equipped. There isn't anything good to buy with guild marks AT ALL. I can't tell you how many times I've hit 30,000 guild marks, just to buy random equipment to salvage to make room for more marks.

Is there a way to get new Stronghold-specific Heroic events (maybe tier 4), better gear options, and a different variety of daily quests?

Comments

• kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Pretty much agree on all counts
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    There was so much hope with Marauders, large event, scaling difficulty, rewards based on how much you progressed.
    For me when I saw the vouchers.. I think it was one of the largest disappointments in the game. And we told them on preview, that the event as is is useless, and no one will run it except the bare minimum once a week.

"We are constantly looking into bla bla bla bla"

I have never seen so much looking, and so little doing..
    I have no pleasant words to say... And many unpleasant things, in several languages...
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    I pretty much agree with what you've written, @staticchmbr. The SH quests and HE's are a problem, though. Here's why...

The SH quests and HE's is that they need to be accessible to the newly-minted level 70 character who barely has any gear and probably has almost no campaign boons ... and for those characters, the SH quests and HE's are actually tough. I remember when I first got level 70 on my first character. I was so excited that I could finally go to the SH and contribute to the guild. So I went there and promptly got curb-stomped by spiders.

However, now that my main is 13.5k IL, my other main character is 13.1k IL, and my former main character is 12.9k .... it's a whole different story. The HE's are generally easy. I tend to just stick with the small HE's because they're fastest and because they drop the most gear. The middle ones aren't that much longer, but those guys don't drop any gear. And my attitude is that if they aren't going to pay me for killing them, then they can live a while longer.

I would like to see a way for guilds to be able to generate things like Treasures of Tyranny, Frozen Treasures, and etc. more reliably than having to run oodles of quests for campaign currency to turn into the coffer. (Yes, IWD, Sharandar, and Dread Ring let you make vouchers.) Something like a recruiter that you could invite to the SH to generate these. I know the Jubilee Trader exists, but you can only invite them for a day at a time and only during the event. I'd like to be able to invite them for a week at a time, year-round, and have them give lesser amounts of that stuff to match things like the recruiter and other such temporary structures.
  • kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    It struck me that the guild hall and requirements were based around a game involving raiding. When nothing followed Tiamat, the req’s should have been adjusted down. As for the heroics and the slogging of influence by means of evaporating mobs with one shot. Ugh. While I hear you with new players, is it safe to assume a lot of that ground has been covered with the launch of Ravenloft?
  • staticchmbrstaticchmbr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I do agree with you nunya, considering I was a fresh lvl70 (5k+ Item level), when I first joined the guild. Yes, the HE's were impossible for me to complete by myself as well. My guildies would carry me through many of the events, until I was able to start running them myself. I also agree that the Tier 1 HE's are an easy/fast way to hit your daily 400 influence limit, and I can't complain too much about them. In fact, it's great to be able to hop on for 15 mins to get through them.
    I also agree that the T1 HE's should stay in place for the weaker members/quick runs, but what we need is more rewarding and/or challenging experiences for the higher players. We do make an effort to carry all members (no matter what Item Level) through the T3 HE's. The problem is that if a bunch of the guild members are online, some people don't even get a hit on the T3 "bosses", before they are decimated.

• nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

The problem is that if a bunch of the guild members are online, some people don't even get a hit on the T3 "bosses", before they are decimated.

This happened to me for a while. It was very frustrating to get to the encounter late (since everyone ran so much faster than I did) and then not even get anything for it. I do agree there needs to be a harder tier than currently exists.