test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where is tank?

Hello!
Im back to the game after few months break. And first what i saw is asexual GF! What the ... is going here? Where is a tank? I have read posts on forum, ask peoples in game and saw only some hybrids. Tank/buff, buff/dps etc. Gamers still looking only GF tact (like buff)! What is that? Great and strong tank like GF now is a "buffy" 0.o
I read, protector feats now is repaired but no one plays it. I remember when gf tank play with tactician feats cuz protector was broke, but why now no one uses it. Yesterday i done T9 i want use Knigth's Valor + Iron Warrior + Enforced Threat but everyone in the party start crying and want Into The Fray. We have 2x DC and OP and they cry for more buff. Maybe they can only do in this game Buff and DPS class. But ok, I am an amicable man, I was change feats for tactician and when OP came out, DPS looking new OP and say "I'm not sure if gf will be a good tank". WHAT?! Initially, I thought that the problem is a bad balance, but maybe problem is a gamers not DPS but GF. Maybe You allowed to pushed GF for "buffy" role.

PS. I skip dps if you want play like dps it's your problem. BUT WHERE IS TANK?

Comments

• kingkevin#3240 kingkevin Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    > @meer#7108 said:
    > Tanking in this game doesn't literally mean you're just standing there and soaking damage, while doing nothing else. If you're geared well, and your team is competent, you can tank and at the same time give your team extra buffs and debuffs that is going to help them clear the content faster and more efficiently. Why wouldn't you use Into the Fray? That's like a DO DC not using Terrifying Insight. Iron Warrior is useless. Knight's Valor has situational uses but mostly not needed on bosses, unless your team is really undergeared and having trouble staying alive. Enforced Threat is great on mobs but usually not needed on bosses. If you use your tab and slot enhanced mark, you won't have any trouble holding aggro, unless your armor penetration doesn't match the content's requirement (yes, you need to cap it).
    >
    > As for people wondering whether GF will be a good tank or not, that's usually the ignorance of LFG players, since people who actually know the class doesn't need to be convinced that GFs can tank every single content in this game reliably and properly. I'm not going into the age old OP vs GF tanking debate, just pointing this from a GF's perspective.
    >
    > P.S - I really want to know what you mean by 'asexual GF'.

Agreed, especially that last note
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

And first what i saw is asexual GF!

BUT WHERE IS TANK?

Being a meterosexual fruitcake like that Gary of Nivea guy.

• jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    So you run a ITF-less GF.
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Everyone in the game is a buffer now, don't let people who call themselves DPS fool you. They are merely buffers that buff themselves.
  • cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    This game was boring, and we have two main roles Buff and DPS. You can be a heal or tank but you must too give buff. Often you can see ppl who looking DPS like HR/SW who play like a buff. You can't play only like tank. Unfortunately, you must submit for DPS.