test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

7 months in fane got me like:

wickedduck22#9795 wickedduck22 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
edited September 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
https://prnt.sc/kposl7 One day I'll get it.

Comments

• nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Holy it's been 7 months?
    Been doing it on two characters since release, got two +4's so far.
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    never gonna happen

Same for me
  • lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    Got +3 a few times - nothing but disappointment.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,185 Arc User
    Don't open when you get it. Stack them up and open all in one shot. I have 2 or 3 +5 and many +4. I opened mine like 2+ months after the launch and I ran 6 toons.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

Don't open when you get it. Stack them up and open all in one shot. I have 2 or 3 +5 and many +4. I opened mine like 2+ months after the launch and I ran 6 toons.

Even after 2+ months, that's only about 10 boxes. Usually I have to open 4 or 5 boxes before I decide if I should continue or now. Given you get only one try per week per toon, doesn't make much sense to actively grind for this ring. And fane boss is annoying to solo even for well geared toons. I only do fane on my dc now just for the CoDG key.

This trick does work great for the other boxes. I've gotten many +4 hunts and gravestrikers. Sadly, only one +5 hunts :(
    edited September 2018
    -
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Today was my third week doing Fane. Got a +3 the last two weeks and a +1 today.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I had better luck opening Omu treasure boxes. 50 boxes netted one +5 Shadowstalker.
    I aim to misbehave
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    yeah those have been the bane of my RNG too.... i got a few +4 Shadowstalkers from the treasure chest, but can't seem to get anything higher than a +3 Gravestriker from Fane.

I did try what @plasticbat suggested, but not as many... i think i held 3 or 4, and even opened them on my SH map, still nothing :(
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Just to offer anecdotal evidence that stacking them up isn't necessarily... I've always opened them one at a time. Been running 4 characters each week. Have 2x +5 and 6x +4.

Bad RNG is sad. Run more alts if you can.
    dupeks said:

Just to offer anecdotal evidence that stacking them up isn't necessarily... I've always opened them one at a time. Been running 4 characters each week. Have 2x +5 and 6x +4.

I agree with you that my 'way' may as well just be a perception instead of reality. I do that as a habit so that I will be disappointed one big time once instead of many small disappointments now and then. :)
  • wickedduck22#9795 wickedduck22 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    @dupeks Been doing 3 toons for the past 5 months
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

dupeks said:

I agree with you that my 'way' may as well just be a perception instead of reality. I do that as a habit so that I will be disappointed one big time once instead of many small disappointments now and then. :)
    Great point - I don't believe it makes any difference opening anything in a big session to opening daily. I think it is definitely a perception thing if we had 100 players who opened 100 lockboxes and gave us those scores it would be helpful.

But luck is luck is luck
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    All that Fane and the ring gave me is an additional urge to delete the game.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I ran 11 a week until recently. Finally got a +5 in July just as I was reaching the breaking point.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    yeah, it get old fast, over and over til someone get burnout and fed up in frustrations, and by the time other players unlocked and those who ran earlier seem dont want to help late commers to run, just because they threw white towel in.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

@dupeks Been doing 3 toons for the past 5 months

That's brutal, my condolences...

Again it feels like there should be some kind of mechanism for chipping away at progress rather than just praying for the jackpot over and over.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I have not had a +5 drop for me(from fane) and i am ding it on OP+GWF+DC+CW but must say i think it is a good thing some items should be rare. If everyone can get everything easily the game would be booring.Maybe just allow us to run it more than 1 time a week since drop rate is so low. I would not mind running it 2-3 times a week

EDIT: I mis the days of farming a dungeon for a drop. Used to love farming elol for the arti and then sell if drops. Sadly those days are gone
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• wickedduck22#9795 wickedduck22 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    @mynaam I don't disagree but I think they should implement them in certain dungeon loot boxes so it could encourage people to run more dungeons. Like Cradle , Tomb , Castle Ravenloft.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

I got my first +5 Ring, from eDemo. Oh wait...wrong thread....

You made me laugh - I can recall all the "I've run ToDG 2000 times and not 1 +5 ring, that's 2000 x 5 players = 10 000 runs and NO +5 ring!"

I got a +5 ring [it was HAMSTER] within 20 runs of ToDG and since then have done maybe 300 [?] over 2 years and not a +5 in sight

Same goes for fane - its time spent vs potential reward.

And I also think that there should be a "chipping away" method to grind stuff out - maybe we needs some new seals? ;)
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    i do believe a ring exchange system might be in the works where we can exhange 1 +5 for another. but might be wrong.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

mynaam said:

i do believe a ring exchange system might be in the works where we can exhange 1 +5 for another. but might be wrong.

I did not hear about it but that could be a good AD sink such as one +5 and (say) a million AD for the exchange.
  • markoxford#1285 markoxford Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    hmmm, that actually sounds like a good idea, (I don't mind AD sinks as long as the benefit is equivalent to what you can buy on the AH for the money)
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    I've never had a +5 drop on anything... ever. In fact, I'm pretty sure they don't really exist and this is all just a fake news, deep state conspiracy theory to keep us blinded to the truth that Cthulhu is coming from Pluto on the backs of 10000 flying chihuahuas and when he gets here, he'll eat all your tacos. ALL. YOUR. TACOS.

(see what the RNG has done to me? I have good days and bad.....)
    kvet said:

I've never had a +5 drop on anything... ever. In fact, I'm pretty sure they don't really exist and this is all just a fake news, deep state conspiracy theory to keep us blinded to the truth that Cthulhu is coming from Pluto on the backs of 10000 flying chihuahuas and when he gets here, he'll eat all your tacos. ALL. YOUR. TACOS.

Nooooooooooooooo. Not my tacos!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    kvet said:

LOL
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    BAck in the day, my first +5 was a +5 of Vision. I've got 2 each of the Defense and Deflect rings, but never one for power of crit... :-( . Nothing yet from Chult. 2 +4 gravestrikers, though, so not totally terrible.