test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legendary Mounts [Crazy Horses!]

So simple question - are they really worth having? Legendary mounts that is?

I have tried to save up to buy one a few times but i get to 3million AD and then something in me snaps and I spend on upgrading enchants, bonding stones and other things. I have opened a 100 lock boxes or so, I don't expect to get one via that route, that's fair enough.

But is a 7million Beetle mount worth the money?

Thanks!

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    I only have one Leg mount, the Flying Carpet. Having an additional attack option is nice. The speed increase is nice. The boosted Defense is really nice.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • phoeniraphoenira Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    You don't really need a legendary mount unless you have everything else at a high level and dont know what to do with your ADs or you really want one.

I don't know about the beetle, but some other legendary mounts give you a damage boost or debuff the enemy (t-rex) or give you actions points (snail) so you can use more daily attacks. It depends on your character and class if the mount is worth it.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    I have an orange t-rex - the speed add is the best part. Especially when running heroic shard runs on the SH map for my guild - long distances covered much faster.

The combat power is ok, but not game changing. The buff though is really useful.

If you already have a stable full of purple mounts, then adding one orange is worth it.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Do you *need* one? No.
    Is the speed boost nice? Yep.
    Is it nice to have an extra power on hand? Always - but it's usually never a massive amount, and won't make or break a run.
    The big boost is in the stats - not easy to add +2k (+4k total). But again - not such a gamebreaking difference that you'll fail a run if you don't have it. I'd say if you're hitting the point where you're at R13+ for all your enchants, you might want to look at adding one, but sooner than that, I don't think would be terribly cost-efficient.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    You can get Legacy Axe Break (3kk PC) (anyway u req to stack 8k armpen M14)
    and select guild movement boon - almost the same speed boost as legendary mount (w/o boon).

BTW Emperor Beetle Combat Power = just meh.

Better if you get Orange Tyrannosaur = Awesome Combat Power, and really good Equip Stats. = 2 in 1.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    ...depends on ur class + build...if ur a dps for example the active (combat) power + the right insignias give a nice buff to ur dmg...my main is a 17k+ Tr and I have 2 legendary on him...a tensers and a flail (the 2. purple version with also 25% would do the same but is expensive as well and was not to have when I looked for a flail)...in a dungeon no one cares about ur mount speed but if ur the main dps and have to do the job ( CR/Tong /Cradle) u will need an active power (symbiosis with insignias)...but as others already said there are alot of things to works on so one step after another
    Post edited by aixis2000 on
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,212 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Not all the legendary mount are the same. Some worth it and some does not. It is about the opportunity cost. Are you BiS everywhere and every character (you care about) already? How much improvement you can get from a legendary mount vs how much improvement you can get when you apply the same fund somewhere else. e.g. can replace the full set of Artifact equipment (with full upgrade) gives you better performance boost than one legendary mount?

Note that: if you invest in enchantment and when the enchantment is "out of fashion" (as there is something better), you can still get some/most/all of the investment back or pass to the next character. If you invest in legendary mount instead and it is "out of fashion", you cannot get anything back.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    I play above 2 years (with breaks) and have 16 x months VIP + few keys (ZEN store) bought for AD. And I haven't found
    any epic (valuable) and legendary item. I dont remember how many % is for legendary drop, but it was very low, below 1%. Now You know why this items was very expensive. About Your questions, for me they aren't worth +5kk. I dont have any legendary mount and I will not get it quickly. There are many more important things, to spend AD.
  • eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    Tbh, a legendary mount is one of the last things u should spend ur ad on, getting all r13 enchantments and r14 bondings takes priority. Getting epic insignias, mythic artifacts, even unparalleled weapon enchantment. Legendary mounts are only to min max or for the speed.
    edited September 2018
    ...and speed is only really imprtant if u pvp for any other 110% + guild boon is more than enough
    It isn't the speed so much as not getting knocked off your mount.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • micheal1979micheal1979 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Legendary mount for a combat power + cavalry warning insig bonus is nice.
    We Are Crolm
    Believer in SMASH
    Fairplay,no bots , no bugs, and play well
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnN0Yofs-Scv1nd8U_bSYLA/featured
    ...barkshield will solve the problem with getting knocked off your mount and in Barovia it would be wise not to run through every mob group even on ur 140% mount...aggro cards during hunts are some fun if ur on a slow mount thats true but a decent geared 14k with a purple mount has it alot easier than a 12k with a legendary

As others said already legendary mount is near the last thing u should go for ( utility slots is the last thing I upgrade to R 14 on my Tr) but it has some really nice benefits good for endgame/pvp. It was also mentioned that not every legendary mount is equal...check some guides for ur class to find out what would be the best choice for u
    How about a 16k on a Leg?
    yes thats nice...and as I said I think my Tr is just right 17k+ on 2 legendarys...one can only dream: legendary mounts and companions could used account wide...ppl would still go for the newest if they have something better to offer!
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Thanks for the replies - I am BiS or close to on a lot of stuff. Most enchants are at r11 or 12 so there is more work to sort out there first and I will keep opening the lock boxes will VIP runs out in the vain hope that...
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I have 8 characters with no orange mounts, but they all have one or more purple mounts. I remember when I first started playing the alpha release and thought the maps are too small for mounts at all. At that time one could walk from one end of a map to the other in less than a minute. I felt the only maps the mounts actually were beneficial was Vellosk and Helm's Hold. With time they added bigger maps and I was thankful to have a mount in them. I got a blue mount and quickly realized the speed upgrade was nothing more than a passing gear in a car. This didn't make me desire to buy a purple or try my luck getting an orange. The insignia and power boost added the incentive to get the better mounts. Like yourself the price of the orange mounts is about the only thing stopping me. They cost too much in AD to consider them a great buy. I have seen the combat powers at work and they are not much different than using an artifact power. Most of my current purple mounts I got between 200K-250K each from the Glorious Resurgence Mount Pack. I keep my eye on the prices in the AH to drop when the lockbox starts dropping for the players.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • rustyroo13#1749 rustyroo13 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I admit, I'm probably the wrong person to ask because I just love the look of them! I currently have four of them: the Celestial Stag, Swift Golden Lion, Arcane Whirlwind, and Swarm. The first three I bought on the AH, but the Swarm I was fortunate enough to get from the Undying lockbox. I would like to have at least one legendary per toon, mainly because there are several that I think are gorgeous and I have become spoiled at having the extra speed and mount power in my arsenal. Are they worth the AD? I guess it just depends on if you value those things are not. That said, some of the prices on the AH are ridiculous.
    Arielle Redbow half-elf Warden Ranger
    Guild: Guardians of the Forest
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Mounts aren't necessary but they do make a difference. Are they worth the cost? That's up to you. I wouldn't worry about one right out of the gate.