test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It's Time to Nerf Demon Lords (Orcus) Set

someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
It's time. Null it to the ground like you did to Lostmauth.
Kill it. Simple as that.

A little discussion on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/97ayg9/why_is_demon_lord_set_bis_compared_to_apocalypse/

LoL Nerf Threads:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9895123-power-changes-coming-to-neverwinter
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1215158/lostmauth-set-exchange-store/p1

The Maze Engine is Neverwinter's 9 module, released for PC on March 15, 2016.
Demon Lords' Set (Item Level 405)
Deal up to 20% additional damage based on the difference in hit point percentage between the player and target.

https://youtu.be/eTIIDXlqRJg
Rimuru?
Dead 🔪

Comments

• dsotm#2293 dsotm Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Average impact of the bonus set in a traditionnal endgame run is something like 8% i think, it's BiS but not so far ahead of others "viable" sets/combinations who can impact for 2-6% if i remember correctly some tests ?

Not really the same situation for the Lostmauth set who was outperforming other sets available at this time by a big margin.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Looks like it outperform Apocalypse(Does it work at all?), that's what i'm talking about.
    Even if they nerf it "Deal up to 10% additional damage based on the difference in hit point percentage between the player and target." it will still be viable.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Lostmauth wasn't WaI. That was all they fixed. They made it work as they originally intended it to. It was overperforming.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    I just want something viable for dps which doesn’t have trash stats for casters...ya know. Like int/cha?

For the life of me, I can’t help but thinking that some jerky SS cw’s (of which there used to be a lot of), used to antagonize devs back in the day when they were just normal players...also guessing they played gwf..just a thought....
  • dsotm#2293 dsotm Member Posts: 11 Arc User

Looks like it outperform Apocalypse(Does it work at all?), that's what i'm talking about.

I'm not sure about those type of raw comparaison. Orcus set is a set with a BiS % damage bonus (between 7 and 9% efficiency in a run) and a balanced stat distribution (useless 1000 mov, situational 1060 deflect, +2 STR (good) and +2 CON (good for AoC), 2692 Power, 1060 Crit).

Apocalyspe set have a 1-5% debuff bonus(need tests since it is normally "fixed" now), and a balanced stat distribution as well (1000 situational deflect, 1879 Power, 2279 Crit, 1400 Arp, 879 reco, 879 lifesteal, +2 STR, +2 CHA).

Depending of build, class, party, content and what stat you need, i'm not sure Orcus set outperform by far Apocalypse.

It's like comparing a debuff pet with a damage bonus pet no ?

And, in my opinion, They need to buff others sets and not nerf Orcus set. AND find a way to give players access of the Dagger, since most players used it for artifact feeding years ago and can't have it anymore.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    With diminishing returns on debuffs, the Apoc set is going to be way less than a 5% damage increase in most teams.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    Has anyone already tested Orcus vs Apoc (after nerf)?

Can we see ACT charts (BiS party composition)?

Thanks.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

How would an ACT List tell you whether (x) set is better than (y) set?

rjc9000 said:

How would an ACT List tell you whether (x) set is better than (y) set?
    The less time spent on passing the dung – the more points (y) receive.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • no thank you
    im actually the gwf carry

no thank you

You broke my heart.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    > @someonedies said:
    > no thank you
    >
    > You broke my heart.

I can't see the apocalypse dagger (tinderstrike?) being a more powerful artifact than a shard of orcus' wand, but I'm no expert.

> @someonedies said:

> no thank you

>

> You broke my heart.

I can't see the apocalypse dagger (tinderstrike?) being a more powerful artifact than a shard of orcus' wand, but I'm no expert.

Artifact? Dude, we are talking about "set bonus" not about arti itself.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    > @someonedies said:
    > > @someonedies said:
    >
    > > no thank you
    >
    > >
    >
    > > You broke my heart.
    >
    >
    >
    > I can't see the apocalypse dagger (tinderstrike?) being a more powerful artifact than a shard of orcus' wand, but I'm no expert.
    >
    > Artifact? Dude, we are talking about "set bonus" not about arti itself.

yea and when you talk about the set itself you are getting that bonus from, that's three pieces of equipment taken from orcus, demogorgon and baphomet, very powerful demon lords with respect to the lore vs a dagger imbued with power from imix, a powerful elemental prince and an afaik nameless choker and belt. it's pretty simple to see what set would have superior ability imo.

nerfing the demonlord set only because a certain timeframe has passed doesn't really resonate very well, and as previously mentioned the lostmauth set wasn't wai that's why it was changed.

edit: here's something that imo would be better: introduce more powerful boss content in trial or dungeon format with new sets that feature significantly more powerful artifacts with better bonuses, then the demonlords set would be what growing players use instead of bis players. likewise, make definitive sets for ranged or caster classes so we all aren't running around in the same 2.0 gear.
    Post edited by ragequittingdc#8599 on
  • jihalla#0769 jihalla Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Why nerf it when future modules will likely make it obsolete anyway?

6 modules; there are still no sets that can outperform it.

I feel that this is not going to happen even in M16.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪

If Orcus gets nerfed, everyone will just jump to whatever set appears to be bis for damage. Builds will just shift to the next best set.

Does it really matter that Orcus is good now?

If the Dagger set got buffed a little, it would be a better AoE/group option. Otherwise you can argue that Orcus set is already balanced by how much it costs.

If Orcus gets nerfed, everyone will just jump to whatever set appears to be bis for damage. Builds will just shift to the next best set.

If the Dagger set got buffed a little, it would be a better AoE/group option. Otherwise you can argue that Orcus set is already balanced by how much it costs.
    It doesn't cost so much either. And it's very easy to find it in the AH.
    Look other sets, they all trash.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪

It doesn't cost so much either. And it's very easy to find it in the AH.
    Look other sets, they all trash.
    I agree. other sets are trash.

But I think that has more to do with the meta of the game being 'do as much damage as possible'.

It would be nice if they buffed other sets ... but everyone's still going to gravitate to whichever one does the most damage.
    What would be nice is if they had another set or two with a similar set bonus, but different stats.
    Thus you'd have options as to which one to use for your build depending on class and which stats are more important to you.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Closed at OP's request.
    FrozenFire
This discussion has been closed.