test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quick, (possibly dumb) question on Primal Weapons.

With Primal weapons now available at the Seal Vendor I'm looking at equipping them on to my second and third tier toons.

Just one thing...
The set bonus states if you are HIT or Healed for more than 10% of your total hit points.

Does that "HIT" refer to mitigated or pre mitigated damage?

My OP, for example, has a lot of hit points (about 250'000) and usually either Temp HP or Shield (or both) doubling that past half a million. It also has a pretty good DR, so the green HP bar rarely shifts a micron in normal play.

Is the Primal set bonus ever likely to proc on a character like that, or do I just need a 25k PRE mitigated smack in the head to fire it?

Comments

• frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited August 2018
    I'm not 100% percent certain but i believe it requires you to take damage of 10% HP or more. So most likely the final damage you took (HP diminished or otherwise) after any mitigation. That being said, the buff was considered good only because of the other part, the heal. It counts even if you're at full health. So just by having a healer (which is everytime) in party you're likely to have the buff up constantly. As for solo, the buff hardly matters.

Edit: Just sure you're aware, the Temp HP is not limited to your HP values. You can have multi-million HP from a single or multiple TWs even.
    FrozenFire
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Cool.
    Yeah, in solo PvE its not that important. But the Heal thing makes sense.

Thanks, I shall start saving my Seals.
    ;)
  • hrose#4061 hrose Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Using a potion procs Primal Response. (If you're missing health). So does any other type of healing. I'm a fan of that. Since I'd rather use a health stone and not die trying to get hit, lol. There's a thing called "overhealing" that works too - Any healing from a cleric and I believe a Healadin, even at full health. Divine Glow and Bastion do it.