test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

apo, vistani or other set for buff/tank

cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
Hello
Which set you use on your gf? I play like buff/tank (now more buff than tank) and I still have valhalla set, but it's better for tank. I 'm not sure is it worth changing the set for vistani. Apo is weak for me, i dont have cryt and stat in this set was very weak for me. Vistani have too very weak stats but bonus set is better for me. But all new sets for buff/tank are unsatisfactory and I don't know if it's worth refinement, again.
What do you thik? Which set you use?

Comments

• Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    I'm good at masterwork, so I made the bronzewood set, just neck/belt set. The recovery bonus from the set, along with being able to pick from 4 necks or belts and mix/match. I have a dps charisma build, so the Apo set is nice for that. For buff, I go back to the bronzewood, and for tankier areas, I switch to the lichstone amulet of that set for the +8 AC. Also like that bronzewood set doesn't tie in artifact, allows for a little more versatility and what you actually want.
  • Options
    Hello
    Masterwork II is good but I have similar statistics for valhalla set. I would be interested in a set bonus, but i have 14k revocer (+1k on bosses) i dont need more rec. I looking something useful on party members. Vistani have unfortunately a weak bonus, 5% is, im think, unnoticeable, and this set have too weak stas. I can't decide, refine this set or no.
  • Options
    The new Apoc set lowers targets def per crit hit, 5% extra damage for party. Also 500 IL gear, as well as masterwork lvl 3. Tough choice when you want stats and a party buff.
  • Options
    Apo is not for me, i have very low crit. Better is vistani. But this 5% is not too weak? It is anoticeable?
  • Options
    No other set makes a target take more damage from whole party(not 100% sure, may be something out there). I didn't start using the set until they fixed it with the patch. I look at this way, with the off hand artifact power making marked take 5% more also, along with token of chrom storm, along with tiger/shield/etc, you can push the damage taken by a target. But the 500 IL sets, have an extra 550/350/350 on the stats on each piece.
  • Options
    wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I still use Valhalla since it's a great tool for tanking purposes. Also, Horn of Valhalla provides really nice stats with 4k hp and 1k crit to proc these Jagged Blades if you are running tact/conq variation. If not - definitely check rjc's guide since it's great.
  • Options
    Not a fan of the stats from Valhalla set. The con is a crappy stat I think, and the GF gets the worst among primary stat bonuses for any class. The belt has def/deflect, +2 con, and HP, and the artifact has HP, crit, and combat adv. If not focusing on a crit build the 1k crit shouldn't be a focus. The damage reduction was nice, but the 9.5k HP combined, and with the def/defl, ill go with a 500 set that has 1400/879/879 on both pieces and avoid the HP. Not a "perfect" set for GF, Valhalla, you suffer stats on older gear. Apoc, has artifact stats that I don't particularly like, but set bonus looks interesting. Bronzewood gives recov/movement bonus, which like you said can be overkill. Vistani has nice stats, but bad set power.
  • Options
    I change for vistani. For me this bonus is better than apo.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I run the snake set for the added 5% damage as you typically are moving around for most boss fights.
  • Options

I run the snake set for the added 5% damage as you typically are moving around for most boss fights.

Question: does Aggravating Strike weird moving forward stuff counts as moving in terms of Snake set? I realized that stats are pretty cool for tanking purposes, altough I would loose 550 recovery from Valhalla set.

Thanks for providing a hint with this set!
  • Options
    Okay, checked it myself:

Aggravating Strike movement doesn't count as sustain for set bonus. But... it does count for building stacks from 0. Weird!
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Btw. "That wierd moving forward stuff "
    ...what is the purpose of that frontstep, destroying my positioning and hindering my rotation many times?
  • Options

...what is the purpose of that frontstep, destroying my positioning and hindering my rotation many times?

To challenge you!
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User

To challenge you!
    I don´t need it :)
    Challenging enough to concentrate on "not HAMSTER up my shield" normally
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    > @schietindebux said:
    > Btw. "That wierd moving forward stuff "
    > ...what is the purpose of that frontstep, destroying my positioning and hindering my rotation many times?

We've complained about the "aggravating tango" several times over the years.
    The devs were... unmoved... by our concerns.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1226416/pc-aggravating-tango-from-aggravating-strike
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Used Valhalla for 2 years, great for tanking.

But I agree with @stark760
    that the stats are underwhelming.

Trying out the Atropal set:
    3 of Set:

Whenever you gain health by Lifesteal, you gain Temp HP equal to 25% of the health gained, to a total of 5% of your health.

The temp hitpoints are small, don't add much survivability.
    But I'm trying it for synergy with Wrathful Warrior.

On Tact/conq hybrid with moderate lifesteal (~15%) Atropal keeps Wrathful Warrior up 24/7.

Haven't ACTed it, so not sure how the damage boost compares to other sets like lostmauth but it's an interesting synergy. Not a party buff, so will not stick with it.

On my main loadout for tanking /buffing I use stat-based 2-sets neck/waist and stat-based artifacts.

3-set bonuses are not mandatory. Sometimes maxing the stats you need is more important.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    I was also using Valhalla but tried this snake set because I'm already using Charm of the Serpent as active artifact - nice 16% debuff, not popular so low possibility to double it on dungeon runs. I got pretty nice bump to my defensive stats and HP since its belt and neck pieces are 500 IL. I lost 550 recovery from Valhalla belt, but I got my recovery back elsewhere.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the set. Damage bonus is fairly easy to keep up in most cases, but like you said - set bonus isn't that important. I went after this set cause of stats and I'm pretty happy with it.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    As a buff tank I find recovery is very important to keep up command strike and ITF. With that said a good set is the MC set. Get the Bronzewood Waist for STR and DEX. As for the neck if you want AC than get Lichstone otherwise any of the other necks will work just fine.