test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Boss Interactions Continue Post Both Death

checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
edited August 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
I would not call these bugs, but it was either post here or on Player Feedback. I figured they might get a bit more attention here.

Some boss interactions continue after the boss is dead, the party is leaving, that make for annoying deaths and respawns and sometimes unable to proceed. Some of these are on final boss, and so, through Random Queues you are no longer part of a party, so you are left to take the mechanics. With death comes the wipe of certain potions and foods, so this also costs something if you are planning on requeuing or continuing on to another dungeon.

eTOS: If you have the poison attack on you, and you kill the boss, the poison continues to tick away. Big ticks and if you do not have stones of health, the ability to self heal, mount bonuses of certain types, you can easily die.

SVA and mSVA: If you kill Svardborg in the middle of his stun/frozen IBS strike, he dies and you come out frozen. This affect variously lasts. Even with a full Unparalleled Elven Battle I had to count 20 seconds before I was released. A couple other players were not released for upwards of 1 minute. The players had to kill themselves to be released. And you take damage because you are frozen near the final Svardborg (who became ice statue).

Hati's poison barbs: They also continue to tick after Hati is dead. As everyone is still in the party, the affect is controlled.

Orcus Image (first boss tong): The balls will still spawn (but the curse does not clear ball), the zombies will still spawn (depending on where in the rotation the boss died).

Also, some mobs' AoE continues to go through casting affect even after mob is dead. For example, Illusionist's long stretch red aoe where you are popped up (knock) will continue even if Illusionist is killed.

It could be argued that some of these affects (poison especially) should last even after post death. But I will bring it up anyway.

Thanks for reading!
LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

Comments

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Agree with above annoyances.

CoDG baby can keep hitting you if you kill it too quickly too. What's more annoying there is if you get hit while inspecting the chest, it can sometimes prevent you from looting.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Definitely think the Cradle AoE during push, after a player dies and after boss dies is caused by the speed people are hurting it. However it may be significant that even dead players who don't release get targeted by AoE. All in all it is a thoroughly disagreeable experience.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother