test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamonds

Can someone who is smart, explain why I am losing Astrail Diamonds? week ago I had 28,955 Astral Diamonds, then it went down to 27,545, I did not play yesterday and when I logged intoday I see that my Astral Diamonds went down to 25,845. My question is why does my astral diamonds keep going down when I do not spend them on anything, I am trying to save 60,000 to change my feats so my character does not die every 5 seconds. Yet trying to save astrial diamonds is not working because they keep going down without me spending any.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Did you post anything to AH? If yes, I assume you don't have VIP rank 8 or above.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    Your astral diamonds are going down because you are doing something that spends them. Pay closer attention to the things you do in the game to find out what it is you're doing that is spending them. Also, run the random dungeons - at least the random leveling queue - at least once daily or as close to that as possible and you'll see your astral diamonds start going in the correct direction.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    AD trolls are stealing them? Have you checked under any bridges for trolls that look like they've recently come into a large amount of AD?
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    you could be rushing profession tasks by accident or rushing companion training ..or buying stuff from the wonderous bazar ..

rushing tasks or training before timers run out consumes ads
  • hughpuppies#4539 hughpuppies Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    I don't have the money to get my companion trained, so that is out of the question. I do not buy anything, I just sell things to the store. I did not play 2 tdays ago I played yesterday and when I did ply I played the Cloak Tower Dungeon and some how I lost 5,000 more astral Diamonds. I know I do not get my companion updated do not have 50,000 astrial diamonds, do not buy anything from stores, only sell. Weird how I keep losing them not gaining when I play dungeons daily. Weird. I will ask support maybe they can figure why I am losing. I knw they can't give them back to me maybe they can tell me why I am lsong them and I can avoid doing that, so I don't lose anymore.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    When you say sell at the store, do you mean to NPC vendors (where you get gold) or on the auction house (where you sell stuff for astral diamonds to other players)? When you sell things on the auction house, there is a listing fee unless you have VIP (rank 8+).

If you are doing professions, there is a button that allows you to rush a profession task in exchange for astral diamonds (it's never worth doing that). Be sure you aren't clicking that button.

If you send your companion for training, you normally wait a number of minutes or hours for them to finish. You can rush that time period in exchange for astral diamonds. Note that rushing training is different than increasing the quality of your companion (e.g. upgrading from white to green, etc).
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • hughpuppies#4539 hughpuppies Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    The things I pick up off the ground I sell them to NPC at stores I do not sell anything at the acution house. Again I do not have enough money to send my companion to training it cost 50,000 Atrial Aiamonds to send to training I do not have 50,000 Astrial Diamonds, I had 28,858 now I am down to 20,000 did a quest at Sharandar and it gave me some reinfed Astrial Diamonds that bought me back up to 27,000 and some, had I not done that repeatable quest I would be stuck at 20,000. Al so I do not do anything that would require me to use Astrial Diamonds or rush something to be done by using Astrial Diamonds.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

The things I pick up off the ground I sell them to NPC at stores I do not sell anything at the acution house. Again I do not have enough money to send my companion to training it cost 50,000 Atrial Aiamonds to send to training I do not have 50,000 Astrial Diamonds, I had 28,858 now I am down to 20,000 did a quest at Sharandar and it gave me some reinfed Astrial Diamonds that bought me back up to 27,000 and some, had I not done that repeatable quest I would be stuck at 20,000. Al so I do not do anything that would require me to use Astrial Diamonds or rush something to be done by using Astrial Diamonds.

Well, there's something going on because I have never heard of nor experienced anything like what you're saying is happening to you. The only times AD disappear from either my account or my wife's account is when we spend them on something. Otherwise, the amounts we have either stay the same or go up (when we add to them).

50000 to spend on companion is for upgrade. It is not for training. Training is usually free and but you can pay to rush it and it starts with 176 AD to more. Anyway, I assume you did not do the training neither.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    have you been doing anything on the "boons" page? there are things on there that use AD, another thought....have you been using transmutes on your gear? some of those are not free to use but cost AD
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    what arms are you using? are you using cambist gauntlets? no wait those make you lose gold not ad right?

one other possibility and ( you most likely know about this but just thinking of all the things that might be causing misunderstanding) you do know about unrefined ad vs refined ad right? because ad will auto refine. if you're making a certain amount every day it will auto refine and leave a total behind that will vary in values.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    Are you buying identify scrolls? Scrolls cost AD.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Are you looking at your Astral Diamond pile or are you looking at your rough Astral Diamond pile?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

Are you looking at your Astral Diamond pile or are you looking at your rough Astral Diamond pile?

If it is rAD, he should see 0 instead.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

If it is rAD, he should see 0 instead.

Not necessarily.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

I don't have the money to get my companion trained, so that is out of the question. I do not buy anything, I just sell things to the store. I did not play 2 tdays ago I played yesterday and when I did ply I played the Cloak Tower Dungeon and some how I lost 5,000 more astral Diamonds. I know I do not get my companion updated do not have 50,000 astrial diamonds, do not buy anything from stores, only sell. Weird how I keep losing them not gaining when I play dungeons daily. Weird. I will ask support maybe they can figure why I am losing. I knw they can't give them back to me maybe they can tell me why I am lsong them and I can avoid doing that, so I don't lose anymore.

Are you buying a dungeon key thru your inventory window?
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I keep ALL my AD in the bank these days. That way I cannot "accidentally" spend it... or spend it on purpose. ;D
    Try placing your AD as you acquire it into the bank account. It will build as you cannot possibly have it on your character to spend in any way.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • chivonicachivonica Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Its either bugged or your spending it.

What lvl are you? I presume early days since CT and dying a lot. Might be quicker just to create a new account, get to lvl 12? Run the 1st available skirmish on Random Queue, get the bonus and play as you have been. If it goes down on the 2nd account then its likely your spending it on the 1st too. Gonna be really low chances both accs. will be bugged. Worse comes to worse you have 2 accs. to enjoy the game on if you so please and double the character slots. Throw the old one away, keep the new, w/e your choice.

If you done a bit of the main story line already you could use the currency from the seer and get the retraining tokens she sells. This wont fix the AD problem though :# Gl.
  • karec#6428 karec Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    chivonica said:

Its either bugged

Something like this will not be unique to a single person and it is something people will notice and complain about. Unless there is some other supporting evidence, suggesting this just puts people on the wrong trail.

• chivonicachivonica Member Posts: 97 Arc User

chivonica said:

Its either bugged

Something like this will not be unique to a single person and it is something people will notice and complain about. Unless there is some other supporting evidence, suggesting this just puts people on the wrong trail.

You say wrong trail, I say peace of mind ;) . Its just a suggestion, I have no idea if his circumstances even allow time to try it. There are helpful guesses and suggestions already but op is contacting CS to get told what's happening anyway.

If its bugged, its bugged, yeh unlikely, more likely being spent but this would help with self determining with more likelihood which is which. Maybe op has time to try it, maybe not idk their circumstances etc. Choice is there and might of been quicker then to wait for a reply from CS etc.

From initial post to my reply and yours I could have done what I suggested easy. Op might not be able to or want to idk. I even gave another option for the retraining tokens but what's the point if his AD is just gonna go down every time.

Since I don't see your suggestion here and you are ruling out bugged, I'm guessing you too think its op who is spending it and he should just check in game actions more carefully or wait on CS reply? No point writing same stuff over and over here, hence my different approach :) .
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 439 Arc User

Depending on how you post things in the Auction House and how much you attempt to sell the item for there is sometimes a "fee" that is automatically subtracted from the AD's your character has at the time of the posing for that item.

That's the only thing I can think of where a person may be "spending", astral diamonds without them being aware of it.