test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian Fighter Random Queue. DPS and Tank, not just Tank.

jude#3765 jude Member Posts: 18 Arc User
It seems so unfair that the other Tank (well we could also say the only Tank in this game) - the Oathbound Paladin can queue either as a Tank or as a Healer just by simply changing Paragons. The GF, may it be Swordmaster or Iron Vanguard vis-a-vis Conqueror, Protector or Tactician will always be queued in as a Tank. GFs are now considered as the ultimate burst single target DPS in the game and I have geared my GF to be such, but I don't ever queue the random epic dungeon anymore because of the 3 times that I did I always got entered into FBI and MSPC. A GF Tank with DPS gear, artifacts, companions and enchantments definitely gets wiped out multiple times before even reaching the 1st bosses. Even for T9G and CoDG, GFs on private queues are utilized as buff DPS, may they be built as Conqueror or Tactician and never as a Tank.

May I suggest that in Mod 14, please give the DPS GF it's due by designating the Swordmaster path as the DPS Paragon and the Iron Vanguard as the Tank path. I would like for the Weapon Master's Strike to replace Cleave as the first available At-Will for both Paragons. GF players, please support this thread to get our honorable Developers' attentions.

Comments

• Options
    eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    Not likely, sm is generally the pve spec and IV is the pvp. Having a sm tac que as a dps would be a problem imo. If ur gonna random que, play more defensively in t3 content and u will be fine.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    My 13.5 GF has successfully tanked FBI and MSP from the random queue. Conqueror/Tactician with rank 8 enchants and meh pets. Guild defense boon and 2k Defense mount get me the DR cap. A Protector loadout would be easier but not needed.

It doesn't take top gear, but you do have to pay attention. Anyway, the the game is built to consider the Guardian Fighter as a tank and that won't change given that the devs want to move towards more traditional parties. They aren't going to let people have more options to game the public queues with loadouts.

Make a tank loadout or else forget the random queues. Doing 2 ETOS will net you more RAD faster than 1 RQ FBI.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    trotrotrotrove#0570 trotrotrotrove Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    just build you toon hybrid, its not hard to tank and dps. Just need a second defense mount power and guild defense boon.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    I have a tactican loadout, if I run RQ and end up in FBI etc. Running RQ and tanking is ok, if you dont use KV. You can survive your own incompetence (or not), but running FBI or MSP random with KV is suicidal.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    emeraldisemeraldis Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Im TOTALLY agree with this request. It's easy, no matter what you can do or what you cant do with your class, if you are a DPS and the game let you grow up a DPS you should join random queue as DPS.

To be honest, the game should have three types of random queues kind of members: DPS, TANK and UTILITY and each player should be able to set which category to join. If you are a Tact GF you are Support/Utility player not a DPS and neither a TANK.
    The fact that the paladin can switch both as DPS and as HEALER then, is a real disparity in treatment.

I hope that the developers will soon take serious steps to fill this disparity that only the GF has.

Thank you Jude for your warning.
  • Options
    wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    How this is a problem?

If GF will be considered as DPS there we are again doing "meta groups" for random que. Now we are forced to run with 3xdps setup which at least makes people to get 3xdps. If we will have GF considered a dps, then We have GF/OP/DC in group. You seriously need this for running things like FBI or MSP in RAQ?

If you think that tactician is not a tank, then my friend - you should learn more about the class.
  • Options

How this is a problem?

If GF will be considered as DPS there we are again doing "meta groups" for random que. Now we are forced to run with 3xdps setup which at least makes people to get 3xdps. If we will have GF considered a dps, then We have GF/OP/DC in group. You seriously need this for running things like FBI or MSP in RAQ?

If you think that tactician is not a tank, then my friend - you should learn more about the class.

Seriusly you think GF can be a tank like/better then paladin as tactitian? Seriusly you think people run a dungeon with a gf tact as tank instead of paladin?

have you ever played a GF? you know its impossible to find a good RAQ o RES party for us? you know if there is a paladin in group you cant play if people pick DC and paladin cant switch healer to let us come into instance? no i think you dont know so please, before say to someone "you shoudl learn more" play a class, then speak....thank you.

However only way for a GF to go into a dungeon is in the following configuration: pala tank (switched healer only for queue), SW as real healer (in queue as dps), GF as real buffer (in queue as tank) and 2 dps (no as no warlock)...so difficult...so annoying...

So please Cryptic, if you cant create an "UTILITY" slot for queue let GF join as DPS.
  • Options
    @emeraldis you seem to know nothing about GF class. How on earth you have any kind of problem with getting to random advanced que? Cause I play this class 2 years already and have no problem - literally no problem, to get invite for raq. Especially for MSP ques, where aggro generation is more then welcomed and OP often cannot keep up on this with GF. Show me OP who can hold aggro of whole area of mobs in MSP before Notic boss.

Seriously dude, learn to play this class and then moan. Yes, we are inferior to OP, but for god's sake - don't make us useless. Two months from now and you will say we cannot tank CN lol. Kind of funny.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

....... Yes, we are inferior to OP, but for god's sake - don't make us useless....

Point of view, maybe you played this class some years ago, in dungeons now we are only picked as buffer, come back to play the game you will learn the truth instead of speaking without know how it work now...:)

Problems isnt CN ( btw in RIQ not in RAQ) but FBI, Svardborg master, even Tong.

In my opinion we need a slot to join as buffer/support or a buff as tank to be at the same level of paladins.

PS: and we are speaking about RAQ but even REQ it's impossible for us as tank.
  • Options
    emeraldis said:

....... Yes, we are inferior to OP, but for god's sake - don't make us useless....

Point of view, maybe you played this class some years ago, in dungeons now we are only picked as buffer, come back to play the game you will learn the truth instead of speaking without know how it work now...:)

Problems isnt CN ( btw in RIQ not in RAQ) but FBI, Svardborg master, even Tong.

In my opinion we need a slot to join as buffer/support or a buff as tank to be at the same level of paladins.

PS: and we are speaking about RAQ but even REQ it's impossible for us as tank.
    What you are saying is insane. FBI is a dungeon from 4 mods now, when we were on par with OP. There's no problem for GF to tank FBI or MSP. Hell - MSP we're far more botter than OP since we can generate crazy stupid aggro and thus protect our party.

Yes, we're buffer in Craddle and yes - we're usually buffers in Tong. But don't blame the game if you are inable to que for FBI. I mean, let's be serious - if four mods (or actually 5 or 6 since there were also two major x.5 drops on 10.5 and 12.5) from when the dungeon was introduced, you still are unable to competetively que for FBI, then there's clearly something wrong with your GF. Stop moaning, start playing.

And if you want to taste of how it feels to be useless and not wanted, make an archery HR and go out there. Maybe then you will see how easy-peasy it is to play as GF.

• Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    > @emeraldis said:
    > Seriusly you think GF can be a tank like/better then paladin as tactitian? Seriusly you think people run a dungeon with a gf tact as tank instead of paladin?

Yes. OP provides more buffs. But Gf also have great tools. Commanders strike, 10% debuff when enemy hits your shield, ITF, KV, Mark (double mark if Iron Vanguard), extra AP.

Tactician is actually pretty good in queues because you will get hurt more.

You can also just DPS tank. Which is what I do
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    I run MSP with my 17K GF all the time in RQ. Generally use KV because the group is squishy. I use a broken set, have a hybrid build and normally do 100-300 mil damage. Run T9 the same way except I'll change out my sellsword companion for dancing shield. End game GF Tanks are very capable.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    With loadouts all class should be able to play as a DPS and a support build. To do this, the devs will have to adjust all classes and add a new role.

As for current state of the game for a GF DPS; your damage is so high so that it provides you the ability to maintain threat as a tank. Have any of you ever played other MMOs? I mean seriously, the DPS spec setup of a GF is to hold threat. Look at what you use, Knight Challenge - forces the target to focus on you. KV it causes you to generate threat and Enforce Threat. If you go without defense and cannot take a hit to survive that is on you as a player, a GF by all means is a tank given how class is setup even if you can do a billion or more damage in a dungeon. If you want to play a Fighter class that is designed around being a DPS, go play as a GWF.

As another poster pointed out, swap out your mount power and guild boon for defense and you should be fine.

I also know plenty of high damaging GF that can play as a conquer tanking FBI, MPSC, T9, and even CoDG and still produce exceptional damage.

If the devs did what the ask is here, than the DC would like a DPS spec where we don't buff the group. SW would like to be counted as a healer, GWF should be able to play as a tank, CW should be setup to be a utility/buffer role (which the game does not have), etc....

I like the idea as I created a thread on expanding roles for classes and adding a new role to the game. But given that the priority tends to be around new LB/content and bug fixes there is probably no inclination at this point to update the game to provide us the ability to play more than one role for all classes.