test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"The Theft of the Crown" (tutorial quest) cannot be completed if you leave the instance.

lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
The very first quest of the game once you've unlocked the ability to use the Zen Store, VIP abilities, banks, mail, etc cannot be completed if you leave the map before entering the Vaults.

After Sleeping Dragon Bridge, you wind up in a instance of PE with a much smaller than normal map, where Knox gives you some clothes and walks you over to his soapbox. When you complete that quest, the tutorial ends and all your account features unlock, and he gives the quest The Theft Of The Crown.

This quest can only be taken at that single time, and the only entrance to the quest is at the vault door of this single special instance of PE.

If you switch instances, use a VIP teleport, or even log out and log back in an hour later (after the small instance has been garbage collected because it was empty), you wind up in normal PE. In normal PE, you cannot accept The Theft Of The Crown and if you have it, you cannot enter the Vaults to complete it.

Without Theft Of The Crown, Knox will never give you Finding Honor. Without Finding Honor, Knox will never give you The Trail Of The Crown. Without The Trail Of The Crown, your character can never, ever complete the Blacklake District campaign Deed. The only solution I have found is to delete this character and start over, and complete The Theft Of The Crown *without* stopping after the Tutorial ends - so I hope you noticed the problem quickly and not hours or days or weeks later.

Proposed Fix: Have Knox-in-normal-PE give The Theft Of The Crown to characters that have not yet completed it. Have the door to the Vaults do one of the double-interaction choice things for people who have both Theft Of The Crown and either have or have completed The Seer.

Comments

• mimicking#6533 mimicking Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 83 Cryptic Developer
    Very good find- We are getting right on this- thank you!
    M.K.
    Go ahead, click on the chest...
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Thanks for thread..I've reported it 2 months ago! It did happen to my alt (I had problem with my ISP that day and lost connection on first quest..). Luckily it was just one of dozens and I just abandoned it (it is still bugged after this time).