test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To the Cryptic Team - A Positive Request

Comments

• trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited August 2018

I can't quote your entire comment because of the sheer length (lol) trgluestickz but:

You have a lot of good ideas that if implemented would help the community. If they want to boost pvp participation, like mentioned for a while; give relevant and better rewards. If they want a huge upsurge they could create a key maker like in under dark but for pvp.

10k glory to craft an enchanted key (capped at 3-5 per week), pvp would be extremely active if that were to occur. Idk if that is a desire of the devs to boost activity in pvp. From what I hear pvp is dead on pc. It's fairly active on ps4. Maybe with their limited resources they like pvp traffic.

I don't have an accurate picture in my head of how long it takes to gain 10k glory so I'm not sure if the pricing requirements for making enchanted keys is right, but I like the idea and the devs should consider it. Glory is so useless right now that I've been nearly constantly capped out on it for the last several modules.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
    edited August 2018
    theguiido said:

etelgrin said:

theguiido said:

etelgrin said:

etelgrin said:

full tank and full dps running around and rolling over pretty much everything

Well you have the TRs :D
    They can have more tanking capability at the press of an E button, and you can't even work around that by attacking them from behind like you can to GFs. And that's not even the only tool they have.
    I agree GF is overperforming but the nerf in that case should be to damage, not to tankiness.

theguiido said:

etelgrin said:

My shield only lasts 8 seconds from completely filled to empty and takes 16 seconds to go back up to full with gladiators guile. The issue of "infinite stamina" isn't the unique to GF, it's due to certain stamina boons that affect all classes and allow them to dodge/dash/teleport forever.
    If shield gets nerfed anymore it will be pretty much impossible for low geared GFs to tank PvE content, it is already an order of magnitude more difficult than doing so with an OP.

Gladiators is plain bad, if you use it and think this is the reason why GF stamina or whoever stamina stays filled is bs af.

I have no problem with GF tanking but let it be for the tanking GF like a Tactican or Protector, but for godsake, you can't have a juggernaut full tank and full dps running around and rolling over pretty much everything they met because the shield absorbs 80% of the damage and PRACTICALLY never goes down, the dps can't be having this much tanking capabilities at the merely pressing shift button. Not even paladin shield comes close, actually paladin shield is really radiculously weak compared to GF, if not for the bugged shielding strike, the OPs would have nothing coming in their defense.
    Thats the most ridiculous statement I ever heard. I know you play an SW and I know it's not easy dude but SW without mane and all the other broken items is really bad other than node rotating, grasp, and clean up kills in a serious game currently. It would make sense why you are so angry since your class has been F tier for so long.

My shield last 8-10 fully in combat with all the stamina boons, and yeah it's better than the OP Shield, but after the piercing changes of Mod 14 it indirectly buffed their survivability. In addition to that, they have way more temp HP and Sheilds to make up for it, and recently got that buff to Absolution which when combined with BO, are basically immortal even without Heroism and shielding strike, so lets get that covered first. Only thing killing them is multiple manes, gang bang of 2-5 people, stun chains, or an HR or TR. Not sure if you are just fighting GF's who shield hug or what, but you can watch my streams and a DPS GF survivability is so trash without the shield. It is the main way to survive. I traded most forms of survivability for DPS. You still take some of the damage through the shield. 20%-15% depending on if you have points in DS. CC is the bane of the GF, and you cannot be a super tank and do monster DPS, it's just not possible. This isn't mod 6-9. You get CC'd once as a GF it can cost you your life. You catch and kill the GF as he is about to do a rotation. And unfortunately currently in most cases as an SW, don't be naive enough to go up against a really good GF unless he's low af or you are with your team.

When S dub eventually gets your desired rework i'm sure you'll be happier.
    My observation is generally what it looks like to the majority - both TR and GF are overperforming.

I play SW, I think SW is fine and actually is in best condition since past-release nerfs (mostly to creeping death), I don't eat all of that "SW is weakest class" since I picked it due to this reasons, to prove its exactly the opposite - if I'm successful or not it's for people to judge, I'm happy that there are more SWs in PvP than ever, cause when I started, there was me and Sopi.

Whatever you want to write about the mane, it procs equally good from Indomitable Strenght which leaves enemies prone and then all you need is to press griffons and the opponent lies dead, it very rarely happens with SW - as per your example, because SW has weak burst, and sometimes even manticore gets devoured somewhere from mitigation, and actually GF shield does mitigate Mane proc, but on the contrary OP shield does not. Again we have yet another arguement for GF shield to be over the top.
    Yeah but do you realize that all they have to do is press daily(Heroism), hit an at will at the air 3 or 4 times(SS), and OPTIONALLY press BO or Absolution and they are fine? They will eat it up. we'll still either take all of it or some of the mane damage. They will be ok. (while still retaining Temp or Shield). Thats the difference. Problem is not the GF's shield trust me. Do you also realize how easy it is to get behind a GF's shield with the speed of an SW and hit Hadaar's Grasp? Once you break the 45 degree angle mark you are behind them. Should I also remind you of BB going THROUGH GF's shield even if we have shield up. Last time I checked I don't have a 360 shield covering sides that I missed.
    If you fight sabo it will go through shield cause sabo plays and works differently than exe, if you fight exe the sod proc will be mitigated by shield and so is the bloodbath, its up to TR. Thankfully for GFs we are currently living in pug-meta of going exe but trust me on this one, good sabo is more pain than exe will ever be.

Do you know how much heroism casts? how long? how easy to interrupt it is? its pretty much the next thing right after harrowstorm from SW powers. Like I wrote, OP has temp shields nerfed they don't protect, shield doesn't protect as well cause its HAMSTER af, the only reason Op survives is waving mace for immortality from Shielding Strike.

Conqueror already has less defenses than Protector or Tactician. Tactician takes 25% less damage than Conqueror. Protector takes 30% less, and gets a lot longer shield and more deflect.
    Conqueror gets 30% more damage when you decide to lose that survivability.

Where does Conqueror has less defense than Tactican in feautres tell me please? Obviously it has less defense than Protector because Protector capstone is the only thing GF has that is build straight for tanking. The only difference I can think of is Tact buffs AP gain through getting damaged while Conqueror stacks capstone and Shield Warrior Wrath in the meantime and ends up having radiculous burst. There is nothing that penalizes Conqueror and also nothing that penalizes Executioner for having high survivability and best bursts. Like at least the TR should not be able to regain stealth if they are damaged while in it, and GF Conqueror shield should last half as much as normal tank GF like Tactican or Prot cause they should have some exchange for what they get. Otherwise we remain in state of superclass.
    There are 3 abilities on the TR that do not properly respect CC resistance or Shield.

Dazing Strike

Concussive Strikes

Bloodbath

1. Dazing Strike goes through CC immunites and ruins cooldowns, can also exploit shield.

2. A Concussive ability will take down a GF shield regardless if it's up.

3. If you do not meet a certain threshold of speed, BB will cut right through a shield even with it up. Regardless of Sab or Exe.
    This is outright false for the dazes you mentioned. I litterally just tested it to make sure and at no point in the past can I remember these powers having ignored CC resists or immunities. I litterally played a scoundrel exclusively from module 8 to module 12.5 and my test tonight showed no signs of change to either of these powers.

Dazing strike doesn't go through CC immunity. If it did, I would be able to daze GFs through their sheild from the front, in my test tonight, nothing of the sort happened. TR's ITC also blocks the daze from dazing strike and is a CC immunity just like your sheild.

If I stood inside your space and jumped straight up before using dazing strike, that theoretically could stun you while your sheild is up. When I tested it, it did not occur once though.

As for CC resistances, dazing strike does respect CC resistances, this has pretty much been the case for a long as I can remember and targets with lots of CC resist do not stay dazed for as long when I hit them with this power.

As for concussive strikes, I just tested it as well. It didn't interupt my freinds' sheild or daze them.

Concussive strikes lasts 2.5 secs in PVE and half of this in PVP (1.2 secs). It often lasts for less than the stated 1.2 seconds it has as a base in PVP, indicating that it also respects CC resist. I've seen some of my procs last about .5 secs in PVP.

Only credence I can lend you here is that Its well known that the game is a little wonky with "attacks from behind", especially while players are moving. As a common example, occationally, hits to a player's side while they are moving will proc "from behind" effects.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As for bloodbath, it indeed goes right through GF sheilds. It was doing this in the recent PVP matches I did. This is likely because it doesn't target a specific side of your character, its sort of like an AOE but doesn't behave the same way as some other TR aoes like smoke bomb, which do get blocked by a GF's sheild.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • slysnow#2290 slysnow Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    A stat re-roll. Basically cube of augmentation but it rerolls stats on equipment (can only roll one stat, for example roll regeneration to something else at random). The more you roll the higher it costs (see The Division, or Destiny, or many other games with this).

Incentive for players: pretty obvious

Incentive for devs: $. You can make said "item" bound to account on purchase via Zen store in an all new PVP Zen store section.
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    @trgluestickz

Incorrect. I have video proof, not to mention I have faced more TR's than anybody on my platforms history and stream it too so you can physically see all of my encounters with how stupid, and rage inducing it is to fight against. Especially all the stupid little bugs far and few in between. I know everything their is to know about each exploit which is both intentional and unintentional. Half of which is not intentional, most TR's don't do it on purpose, but is left on the TR even though it's been broken since day 1. Been playing since Mod 4, and facing these mutants since Mod 4. I have tried showing it to the devs for a long time, but it fell on deaf ears.

Luckily for you I have brand new videos showing you these things tested as of 8/11/2018. Each one with a description and a video that speaks for its self. I provided insight for each thing listed and each point you listed has been touched upon. I even wanted to show you something else thats hilariously broken at the end from my streams thats still not fixed.

So lets start with what you said about Dazing Strike.

1. Dazing Strike DOES go through CC Immunities and Shield. It breaks shield about 10%-20% of the time i'd estimate which is sheerly unintentional in most cases. This first series of videos is going to show you a Exe TR (not Scoun in this one) showing Dazing strike interrupting and stopping my abilities through Shield forcing ALL of currently using abilities to stop and force the user to recast AGAIN which shouldn't be the case. Which in this clip was only Aggravating Strike, Crushing Surge and Menace but it's every single power those were just examples, they are not limited to just 3 powers. Followed by 4 CC reduction stacks, after that you will Dazing Strike Break shield with speed and then without speed.

-Dazing Strike exploiting Aggravating Strike through Shield: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/the-guiido/video/58487460

-Dazing Strike exploiting Villains Menace during CC immunity frame while using Crushing Surge: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/the-guiido/video/58487613

-Dazing Strike exploiting 4 CC stacks through shield using Aggravating Strike: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/the-guiido/video/58487797

-Dazing exploiting 4 CC stacks through Crushing Surge without shield, should be completely immune but Dazing goes through it: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/the-guiido/video/58487914

-Dazing Strike jump cast exploiting shield with speed BB DS combo: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/the-guiido/video/58487999

-Dazing Strike jump cast exploiting shield with no speed (further confirming the previous video of how broken and unclear the shield hitbox and dazing strike hitbox concerning a GF is): https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/the-guiido/video/58488043

Funny thing I learned as I was recording these after hundreds of tests it became laughably clear how broken and unreliable the shield really is in situations regarding a TR. Let this not make you feel alone however, I have videos and streams of HR's disrupting shot doing the same thing. (If you really care I can recreate that easily too)

2. Your 2nd point on Concussive Strike was no where near the truth. The next series of videos will show you Skullcracker and Concussive Strikes both being BUGGED from the Scoundrel build and are not fixed just like most of the powers on the TR.

-Skullcracker clearly visible in debuff bar, Concussive initially shown on me, exploited and broke shield IN FRONT of me. Notice how he WAS NOT behind, nobody is jumping like mario either: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/the-guiido/video/58491261

-AGAIN Skullcracker clearly visible in debuff bar followed by Concussive, BREAKING SHIELD from the FRONT: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/the-guiido/video/58491276

3. Blood Bath simply does not realize theres a shield on the person if you are staying stationary or moving at too slow of a speed. Only way to avoid it is having enough speed to out run it in either a clock wise, counter clock wise or if you're SW tier fast, straight.

Last but not least everybody's favorite, Courage Break! Broken since DAY 1, people thought this bug was gone after the change in 12.5, well they were wrong. This is from 12.5 (will be more than glad to get some 13.5 footage for you if need be)

Putting you in an unmovable state of 0% is so much fun. This pesky bug has been in the game for so many years who knows how long it's been on the PC version? 5 years?

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/the-guiido/video/37165146 This bad boy is from all the way back in 2017 when CB lasted 10s.

Keep in mind that same bug you see on screen just reduced by 5 seconds. What do we have? Courage Break post nerf. An unintentional band aid to the issue. I have made thread after thread and even got a response from a dev and responded back and told him how to replicate the issue and they couldn't do it.

Heres your CB currently btw: https://clips.twitch.tv/AmazonianCourageousTortoiseNononoCat

https://clips.twitch.tv/BumblingHorribleLyrebirdKeepo

I had fun doing this. If you need any more proof or questions answered i'll be glad in doing so.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    For Domination 5 different classes per team, no duplicates. I've never even played a Gauntlgrym match other than 1 or 2 private matches I've been invited to but I would say make it 8 v 8 for now and not 10 v 10 so that again no duplicate classes on a team. If Coming Soon class is released then make it 9 v 9.

Updated combat so that graphics match combat better. Interrupted attacks frequently show a graphical continuation and include audio effects as if the attack was not interrupted.

A better vote to kick system. 4 hours is way too long to not be able to deal with such a multitude of scenarios or implement automatic AFK, Disconnected and Harassment kick mechanisms so wasting a precious vote is not needed.

A more meaningful Leaderboard. There is no incentive for being the best at something or winning a Season so is there any need to even have a Leaderboard? Maybe remove it entirely.

Remove Astral Diamond rewards entirely from match participation or make a weekly quest at best for Domination and Gauntlgrym also. Why should Stronghold Siege have a weekly quest and not the other arenas also? And update the Glory shop to have desirable gear.

More queue options because there are too many unevenly matched teams. (Because I haven't queued for anything other than Solo Q since it became a thing I wasn't aware until reading this post that Solo Q is perhaps the only active option recently.) However, I think Solo Q should also implement a more solo ruleset by flagging off of Guild Boons and any Guild Marketplace items.

Drains. Fits into the above paragraph as applies to Solo Q, however I personally like the idea of drains and wards for team matches and don't think they should be removed entirely from the game. (But the idea as a whole doesn't seem fleshed out enough because there are several critters in Neverwinter with the ability to drain and yet drains and wards can only be used in pvp and only acquired from a Guild Marketplace.) Make drains and wards available for gold or glory and I'd include them in Solo Q also.

Class Sigil Artifacts. Remove gifting to other characters on an account entirely and delete ones already gifted where applicable. There are no other multiclassing aspects for characters so why not keep it that way and maintain class specialty and character independence? Having sigils of other classes is not because of solo play but alter ego activity. If deleting existing sigils is too extreme a move I would say flag them for Solo Q just as I've recommended for Guild stuffs. I've gotten a lot of flack for using drain overloads but at least one of the arguments I've heard against drains seem to apply similarly (though I say more egregiously so) to sigil gifting and that being a lot of unnecessary effort is required to acquire something that is not necessary for pvp.

Gear. If you're going to make all gear available for pvp at least have gear with more sensible powers. (And please test them more thoroughly before launch. I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt that it's not just an experiment or a trap that certain items are released with intended dubious functionality.) Regardless of whether the gear is bugged, for me, the powers Manticore Mane and Chitter's Fangs have don't make any sense because the creatures that the items were acquired from don't have such retaliation attack functions themselves that I'm aware of. As for the Manticore Mane the only thing I could think of that could have made any sense was having a poison damage over time effect because although I'm not sure Rasalas even had poison attacks because I never got hit the few times I hunted it, the only other manticore I know, Hati, does have poisonous properties and it looks like some of the quills were used to make the helm. Cowl of the Dead's knockback is at least similar to the Night Terror's knockback power, however is it the gear that the Night Terror wears that has knockback ability or is it the Night Terror itself? It seems unreasonable that any and every adventurer could transfer/infuse magical power from a creature they've defeated into a functioning memento. Not to list every gear bonus here but some bonuses seem more plausible to me than others.

And sure, other maps or game types would be awesome also.

HUD that allows "Show Player Triggered Power Names" without dependency on show damage floater. I don't play with floaters on but would like to know Power Names.
    Post edited by roadkill#6177 on
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    theguiido said:

@trgluestickz

Incorrect. I have video proof, not to mention I have faced more TR's than anybody on my platforms history and stream it too so you can physically see all of my encounters with how stupid, and rage inducing it is to fight against. Especially all the stupid little bugs far and few in between. I know everything their is to know about each exploit which is both intentional and unintentional. Half of which is not intentional, most TR's don't do it on purpose, but is left on the TR even though it's been broken since day 1. Been playing since Mod 4, and facing these mutants since Mod 4. I have tried showing it to the devs for a long time, but it fell on deaf ears.

Luckily for you I have brand new videos showing you these things tested as of 8/11/2018. Each one with a description and a video that speaks for its self. I provided insight for each thing listed and each point you listed has been touched upon. I even wanted to show you something else thats hilariously broken at the end from my streams thats still not fixed.

1. Dazing Strike DOES go through CC Immunities and Shield. It breaks shield about 10%-20% of the time i'd estimate which is sheerly unintentional in most cases. This first series of videos is going to show you a Exe TR (not Scoun in this one) showing Dazing strike interrupting and stopping my abilities through Shield forcing ALL of currently using abilities to stop and force the user to recast AGAIN which shouldn't be the case. Which in this clip was only Aggravating Strike, Crushing Surge and Menace but it's every single power those were just examples, they are not limited to just 3 powers. Followed by 4 CC reduction stacks, after that you will Dazing Strike Break shield with speed and then without speed.

-Dazing Strike exploiting Aggravating Strike through Shield: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/the-guiido/video/58487460

-Dazing Strike exploiting Villains Menace during CC immunity frame while using Crushing Surge: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/the-guiido/video/58487613

-Dazing Strike exploiting 4 CC stacks through shield using Aggravating Strike: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/the-guiido/video/58487797

-Dazing exploiting 4 CC stacks through Crushing Surge without shield, should be completely immune but Dazing goes through it: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/the-guiido/video/58487914

-Dazing Strike jump cast exploiting shield with speed BB DS combo: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/the-guiido/video/58487999

-Dazing Strike jump cast exploiting shield with no speed (further confirming the previous video of how broken and unclear the shield hitbox and dazing strike hitbox concerning a GF is): https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/the-guiido/video/58488043

Funny thing I learned as I was recording these after hundreds of tests it became laughably clear how broken and unreliable the shield really is in situations regarding a TR. Let this not make you feel alone however, I have videos and streams of HR's disrupting shot doing the same thing. (If you really care I can recreate that easily too)

2. Your 2nd point on Concussive Strike was no where near the truth. The next series of videos will show you Skullcracker and Concussive Strikes both being BUGGED from the Scoundrel build and are not fixed just like most of the powers on the TR.

-Skullcracker clearly visible in debuff bar, Concussive initially shown on me, exploited and broke shield IN FRONT of me. Notice how he WAS NOT behind, nobody is jumping like mario either: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/the-guiido/video/58491261

-AGAIN Skullcracker clearly visible in debuff bar followed by Concussive, BREAKING SHIELD from the FRONT: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/the-guiido/video/58491276

3. Blood Bath simply does not realize theres a shield on the person if you are staying stationary or moving at too slow of a speed. Only way to avoid it is having enough speed to out run it in either a clock wise, counter clock wise or if you're SW tier fast, straight.

Last but not least everybody's favorite, Courage Break! Broken since DAY 1, people thought this bug was gone after the change in 12.5, well they were wrong. This is from 12.5 (will be more than glad to get some 13.5 footage for you if need be)

Putting you in an unmovable state of 0% is so much fun. This pesky bug has been in the game for so many years who knows how long it's been on the PC version? 5 years?

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/the-guiido/video/37165146 This bad boy is from all the way back in 2017 when CB lasted 10s.

Keep in mind that same bug you see on screen just reduced by 5 seconds. What do we have? Courage Break post nerf. An unintentional band aid to the issue. I have made thread after thread and even got a response from a dev and responded back and told him how to replicate the issue and they couldn't do it.

Heres your CB currently btw: https://clips.twitch.tv/AmazonianCourageousTortoiseNononoCat

I had fun doing this. If you need any more proof or questions answered i'll be glad in doing so.

Can you show a video where that TR is simply 2 feet in front of you and not somewhere inside or beside you, or in your back?
    Maybe it´s more an issue with the hitbox from shield than TR´s dazing strike ?
    edited August 2018

theguiido said:

@trgluestickz

Can you show a video where that TR is simply 2 feet in front of you and not somewhere inside or beside you, or in your back?
    Maybe it´s more an issue with the hitbox from shield than TR´s dazing strike ?
    The issues stem from the hitbox of the shield, as well as the buggy powers listed. Desync, as well as numerous other factors play a role but the hitbox and the powers are the biggest. The last 2 I did with Eeego show exactly what you are saying. BB DS combo if you slow it down he is clearly right in front of me and all he is doing is jump casting it to the side a little bit. By the time my body turned to him and the shield met the DS I was dazed. The 2nd video confirms that it should of blocked me because I was immune if you saw when I stayed stationary. The quality gets horrible around when I keep turning the screen for some odd reason, I hope you saw some of my other videos to see how Concussive and Skullcracker, as well as Dazing operate. If you also noticed on the second video where I was standing still in Rivenscar, you'd see as he jump casted the DS, it hit within the shield hitbox. They are horribly buggy.

It's also fair to point out, he was like "woooow" when he dazed me. He is a VERY experienced TR and as we did the testing it really did blow his mind. Like I said. The shield won't always break, but I was fortunate enough to get it on video. If you wan't me to get more videos, i'll be glad in doing so.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

• finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    theguiido said:

@trgluestickz

How about posting videos of your broken gf 1 hit killing players also you should post video of your gf having daily every 4 sec.
    I am glad gf's prone is getting removed from the game. Now we need to do something about that overpowered shield and crazy burst damage gf has right ?
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• deathklaat666deathklaat666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    Amazingly put Arix, very well said... weve all put ideas out there for different types of matches....3v3 deathmatch, King of the ring style, pyramid matches where winners continue to fight other players who have won until there is a champion, Capture the flag matches where players need to steal enemy flag and make it back to there own base to score ...etc. so many great possibilities Ive seen talked about, nice to see Dev response on this. I too love the Game both PvP, and PvE aspects, and too get the adrenilin rush and pumping blood from close matches... hope good things come to help breathe some life back into the pvp base.
    edited August 2018
    gripnir78 said:

Honestly - never seen a thread with more wishfull thinking then this one.

Not that your ideas are bad or something. Those are simply impossible to make in game (most of them).
    Remember what I typed in a previous post? - all changes in game impact PVP and PVE side alike.
    Every change in skills, items for pvp reasons will impact pve side. Every new boon from any new campaign with any new gear can, and will ruin pvp (again).
    Every class rework impact both sides. Mentioned power creep is there and wont go away.
    Do you really think that devs stop releasing new campaigns (boons) and stuff with even higher stats just because its gona ruin pvp again? Really? No, cos they need to keep PVE population happy and busy with a new goals to achieve, as that population keeps this game alive - not the pvp population which is what - 5% of players on PC and keep dwindling?

And devs suddenly start to play nice guys witch are here to help pvp community- Really?
    Where have you been for the last 8-9 modules?
    Who put pvp to a point when its unplayable for any new player without his guildm8s preamade. Who made 2/3 of classes unplayable for pvp. Classes may change here but always 2/3 of them are not good eanaugh for pvp. Who made pvp rewards obsolete? Whose lack of vision made open pvp areas, gauntlgrym, sieges and guild vs guild fights simply waste of time?
    And no, no new maps, new types of encounters will help here, as pvp is sick to its root. Who needs new map or 3vs3 match if its still invlove broken classes/skills/gear?

So dear devs please remove PVP from this game.
    Remove, rework, bring back.
    No other means will fix pvp here.
    Otherwise all your efforts will be - as it is now - extremely short lived, or even gona bring more bad then good.
    If devs wont break that circle for good - all I can say is RIP Neverwinter PVP.

110% agree, this hole discussion is completely nonsense after 4 years of straight downstep and no real solutions.
    I´d say it´s a loss of reality in a hole. As you say it, PVP is gone, 2-3 classes are straight overpowered, only looking at TR= stupid-mode in mod14 (and this did not change since I entered this game, 10 mods later), otherones underwhelming since I entered this game 10 mods later. Cryptic actually does a very, very bad job according classbalance in PVP, and this did also not change since I entered this game.
    Small Band-aids over the years, getting things worse and worse, and I read in no post and no threat from any dev a deeper understanding of the core problems.
    If they even can´t see the obvious, there will be no solution.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
    edited August 2018
    theguiido said:

@trgluestickz

I ran a much simpler test where I dropped smokebomb on my GF freind then walked away and hit him from the front with cloud of steel to proc concussive strikes. If concussive strikes broke his sheild, the longer smokebomb daze would have kicked in and lasted long enough to make it very visually obvious the sheild was broken. When I ran this test, each time I hit him with concussive strikes, no daze, short or long, occured whatsoever.

For my dazing strike test, I stood or ran in front of my freind and hit him while his sheild was up. This didn't daze him either.

Then I tried to stand inside his space then jumped straight up before hitting with dazing strike. Each time I tried this, it also failed to daze him.

My test wasn't as long as the ones you ran and were mostly stationary tests with as many varibles removed as possible.

When I fight in PVP, the vast majority of the time, these 2 dazes worked when they should and how they should but there has been some messyer moments in PVP where me and a GF are moving around a lot and I'm hitting when they have recently turned, hitting from really close from the side, ect. Sometimes this results in them being dazed. This always seemed like the result of lag, positioning grey areas, or the GF letting go of their sheild rather than the actual dazes though. Your videos seem to indicate what I was seeing was a little bit of both.

As for the courage breaker bugs, I am fully aware of the changing your movement to 0 bug, I have reported it several times and used to see it happen in some of my duels in icewind.

I do have 2 video requests for you:

#1) I want you to see if you can find a different concussive strikes bug I have only seen occur once. If you manage to find it, please report it. A long time ago, I was dueling a freind's TR and HR on my scoundrel TR. During one of those duels, I used bloodbath and concussive strikes procced multiple times from my bloodbath in under 5 seconds. I have since been unable to replicate it and I haven't seen it occur accidentally at any point since then either.

#2) I want you to repeat my simple tests and see if you can get the dazes to break your sheild that way.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • carterhimuracarterhimura Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Dunno where to send bug reports..
    Is it still possible to bypass "tenacity" debuff?
    Anyway, I didn't know that he\she was pug DC but... 1(one) Aimed shot dealt 102 000 (100 000)
    I've just overcome pvp debuff.. Ashaiming surprise for me.
    Remove TR and GF in a hole... PVP fixed
  • tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User

I don't see you writing anything about DC, SW and OP. Im sure you are playing one of the 3.

DC: Remove all healing. We don't need it in pvp. If you want to pvp.. go dps dc :)
    SW: Remove infinite run/shadow slip while in/out combat.
    OP: Remove temp hp/healing and reflect damage.
    TR: Nothing need to be changed :) It would be nice to buff our bloodbath... it feels kinda weak.
    GF: Remove shield, movement speed, and burst damage. They don't need it.
    CW: Remove dodge, they don't need it.
    HR: Remove high speed movement. They don't need it.

Pls remove or moderate the post of this guy, seems to read the comment of a 5 years old kids...nothing costructive, nothing useful, everytime that someone post something about TR he just troll around hoping to close the thread.

@scarabman

Chuck Norris Approves this post

edited August 2018
    PVP at it´s current state is dominated by two classes in my eyes, and there is no way to fix it without separating PVP from PVE or at least downgear PVP, same as prevent classes from spamming dailies every 3 seconds (bugged dailies btw.) !

Anyway I misjudged PVP on PC in a former post... the usage of broken gear and drains is pretty common these days, after spending some time in PVP since long, nothing new and the experience did not change that much.
    You get either onerotated or "one-dailied" by two classes, same as disfavoured classes need 4x the ammount of dps/time or effort to bring those classes down, if at all.
    edited August 2018

I don't see you writing anything about DC, SW and OP. Im sure you are playing one of the 3.

DC: Remove all healing. We don't need it in pvp. If you want to pvp.. go dps dc :)
    SW: Remove infinite run/shadow slip while in/out combat.
    OP: Remove temp hp/healing and reflect damage.
    TR: Nothing need to be changed :) It would be nice to buff our bloodbath... it feels kinda weak.
    GF: Remove shield, movement speed, and burst damage. They don't need it.
    CW: Remove dodge, they don't need it.
    HR: Remove high speed movement. They don't need it.

Pls remove or moderate the post of this guy, seems to read the comment of a 5 years old kids...nothing costructive, nothing useful, everytime that someone post something about TR he just troll around hoping to close the thread.

@scarabman

The whole thread is about nerf this, nerf that.
    Nerfing classes wont fix anything. It will only make things worse and it will also affect pve so instead devs should focus on -

* Releasing new and bigger maps every mod.
    * Limit some powers/stats on all classes.
    * Remove PVE gears ( Ring, belt etc excluded ) from pvp.
    * Release new pvp gears every mod.
    * Limit level70 pvp to 10k IL or higher.
    * Limit the amount of buffs and debuffs
    * Remove drains from the game.
    * Remove piercing, burst, radiant, necrotic, ice, fire, frost, lightning, etc damage.
    * Remove crowd control such as, freezing, push, daze, stun, prone, etc.
    * Remove reflect damage.

Chuck Norris Approves this post

@scarabman
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

edited August 2018

* Releasing new and bigger maps every mod.
    * Limit some powers/stats on all classes.
    * Remove PVE gears ( Ring, belt etc excluded ) from pvp.
    * Release new pvp gears every mod.
    * Limit level70 pvp to 10k IL or higher.
    * Limit the amount of buffs and debuffs
    * Remove drains from the game.
    * Remove piercing, burst, radiant, necrotic, ice, fire, frost, lightning, etc damage.
    * Remove crowd control such as, freezing, push, daze, stun, prone, etc.
    * Remove reflect damage.

Some of this would be needed desperately since long.
    Downgear, limitation of stats, drains but I did not read any comment from a dev since ever about this topic.
    It was mentioned by many other player in the past, player that allready left, because every new mod came up with new bugs, broken gear, feature and boons and destroyed every small step in the name of balance. PVP dried out on PC, the ammount of gear and spend AD to get out of that "victim-status" simply was too much, not to talk of disbalanced classes.
    PVP could have been a reason to stick with this game, but it´s a negative experience for most of them.

And piercing damage.. hated since ever.
    Actually I am no TR pro, but watching some of those TR running with 50k power and 15k recovery and no Arp reminds me of former mods. Do those player maximise that 25% piercing damage from a feat to feed SoD´s piercing damage? Guess so.
    So stealth->shadowborn +100% power ->start BB and 25% of the dealt damage is piercing -> last moments and byby... melts you in seconds If not that SoD proc will do ... 20:0 , 25:0 , 19:0 that´s what I witness many times in PVP going there the last 4 days to refresh that negativ aspect. This hs nothing to do with a fair competition dear devs.
    Most classes simply have tor run all time to avoid that BS, except maybe GF, wich blocks 80% away before he onerotates you :)
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    "Remove crowd control such as, freezing, push, daze, stun, prone, etc."

So... I guess you'll also want to change the name of the class "Control Wizard" to something else? "Not-Viable in PvP Wizard" I suppose?

I think what you're getting at here is that you don't like when you get controlled, and since you either A) don't have those abilities or B] don't know how to use them or C) don't know how to avoid being stuck - you feel those powers should be removed.

Yes, there are some class imbalances, but the main problem in PvP is the capability mismatch. When you're matched against players that are vastly better geared that you (and, have some modicum of skill in pvp) it just doesn't matter what you do. THAT'S the imbalance that's important here. If you are competing against players that have more or less similar levels of gear, the match will be generally even (sort of depending on the distribution of classes) and even matches are fun, even if you lose.
  • daniloslvdaniloslv Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    @scarabman

I think devs made a really great work with Barovia Hunts and Taroka Cards. They allow the user to customize the hunt and create different experiences for the same hunt.

The same could be done with PVP. Give players an option to customize their PVP matches.
    Could be for private queue only, if this would simplify things.

A few options that could be configured before a pvp match:

1) Level of gear:
    You can set the max level of gear allowed. Green, Blue, Epic, Legendary

2) Control depression:
    You can set the strength of CC during matches.
    100%, 75%, 50%, 25%, 0%

3) Healing depression:
    You can set the strength of healing during matches.
    100%, 75%, 50%, 25%, 0%

4) Allow Boons:
    Enable or disable boons during Match
    Yes / No

5) Enable PVE gear effects:
    Enable or disable special effects from PVE gear like stuns, dazes, Mane of the Manticore, etc
    Yes/ No

6) Enable Daily forced cooldown
    Enable a minimum cooldown for using dailies. Could be 60s
    Yes / No
    Leliana - Healer DC
    Leliana C.W. - Opressor CW
    Lelian O.P. - Bulwark Paladin
  • carterhimuracarterhimura Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    My 2 cents for PvP class balance
    - Remove Combat Advantage from GF's GWF's marks both PvP and PvE (It's, damn, undocumented bonus).
    - GF's Enhanced Mark should provide CA
    - GF's Shield...Hmm... every move with shield up should cost at least 20% of Guard meter
    - TR's Deflect severity should be reseted to default value of 50%
    - TR's ITC should fall off after 1 or 2 attacks like HR's Fox Cunning
    - TR's BB should do 2 attacks per target like HR's Fox Shift
    - TR's SoD should respect PvP debuff like HR's Piercing blades
    - TR's Dexterity and Charisma +0.5% of Deflect chance per point
    - HR's Forest Ghost: Action points should fall off after applying instantly
    - HR's Command Shot and Hawk Shot reduce cast animation time
    - HR's Disruptive Shot shot should daze or stun target for up to 3 seconds at least
    - HR's Trapper's Cunning should do damage instead of appling roots (Say "No" to stun bots)
    - All HR's powers should apply (weak) roots (Any stance any path except selfbuffing powers)
    - HR's Fox Cunning should be converted to personal buff and provide 1.5 or 2 seconds dodge
    - HR's Dexterity +1% of Deflect chance per point
    - HR's Unfix Ranged and Melee powers from each other. (I don't propose to give HR 2 points per level)
    - HR's Shift should be more alike to CW's or DC's teleport or slide (controll break and control immunity)
    - HR's Pathfinder's Action shouldn't buff Deflect chance it should buff Deflect severity.
    - HR's Battlehoned should be completely reworked. I'd propose "When you are attacked, gain an additional 10%/15%/20%/25% of Combat Advantage Damage for 4 seconds." or, maybe, Control resist
    - HR's offhand's damage should be bumped to mainhand's damage (Remove melee penalty)
    - CW's Shield should provide less protection
    - CW's Ray of Enfeeblement (Mastery) effectivness of this power should be halved against players
    - SW Damnation {tab} should stack up to 3 times if you apply it to 1 target

Update 0

- PvP debuff should be changed per roles e.g. ArPen resist should be removed from DCs OPs GFs and Damage resist should be removed or redused from HRs, CWs, GWF, SWs, TRs
    - Control effects shouldn't be refreshable. Every attack with control effect should provide at least 75% weaker control than previous (It's OK to crowd control but it's bad to non-stop crowd control)
    - Remove PvE boons from PvP areas except Siege (It's OK to use PvP Stronghold boons in GG or IWD or Domi)
    - Improve PvP campaign with PvP tutorial against NPCs for the newcomers. Level 10 and above
    - PvP matches from the very beggining (10+ lvl) should give players 1 top-notch PvE sigil per victory
    - PvP matches from 70 lvl should give 3 top-notch PvE sigils per victory with weekly cap
    - PvP GG Domi IWD should have different campaigns with different PvP boons

Update 1
    - PvP matchmaking should be based on player's PvE progress. This means that person/player with fully finished campaigns and boons should compete against the same players. IL means nothing here
    edited August 2018
    kvet said:

"Remove crowd control such as, freezing, push, daze, stun, prone, etc."

So... I guess you'll also want to change the name of the class "Control Wizard" to something else? "Not-Viable in PvP Wizard" I suppose?

I think what you're getting at here is that you don't like when you get controlled, and since you either A) don't have those abilities or B] don't know how to use them or C) don't know how to avoid being stuck - you feel those powers should be removed.

Yes, there are some class imbalances, but the main problem in PvP is the capability mismatch. When you're matched against players that are vastly better geared that you (and, have some modicum of skill in pvp) it just doesn't matter what you do. THAT'S the imbalance that's important here. If you are competing against players that have more or less similar levels of gear, the match will be generally even (sort of depending on the distribution of classes) and even matches are fun, even if you lose.

Incorrect. CW shouldn't be worried about losing his CC cuz other classes will too and when the piercing, burst, etc damage, reflect damage and PVE gears are excluded from pvp, CW shouldn't be worried about getting killed so easily.

• cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Reducing the effects of piercing damage would be a good step in the right direction I think.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    On PC, PVP Solo Queue is dead in certain timezones. Takes about 30min to 1 hour for a match sometimes.

During peak times, there is usually only 1 match going, rarely 2. So the player base is tiny 10-20+ players during peak times.

PvP Normal Queue rarely, if ever pops. If it does, it usually has a pre-made which roflstomps everyone.
    Public Gauntlgrym doesn't spawn unless it is pre-made or calls are made through channels to make a team.
    Public Stronghold Siege is dead. The only one which runs are the private weekly ones for the 25 campaign tokens + blood rubies.

I don't see much future for PvP tbh. The most recent report saying that NCL was 'not sustainable' effectively killed my hope for PvP in this game.

Shame really.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • russelguppy#7025 russelguppy Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Whilst new maps and a class rebalance would be welcome I echo the many requests for giving new and better rewards.

Without even changing the boons or campaign you would get instantly more players if you put legendary rings (510 in PVP, 480 outside,) as rewards for winning in Gauntlgrym or Domination

For IWD put a black iced mined counter in both maps and once it is full PVP starts. Simlar to River District counters.

Make black ice profession a PVP profession with new gear and stuff in professions to build for PVP, again making it 510/480.

By all means revise the campaigns but by implementing the above the "redundant" PVP modes might be immediately rejuvenated, at least as a stop gap before more substantial changes.

theguiido said:

@trgluestickz

I ran a much simpler test where I dropped smokebomb on my GF freind then walked away and hit him from the front with cloud of steel to proc concussive strikes. If concussive strikes broke his sheild, the longer smokebomb daze would have kicked in and lasted long enough to make it very visually obvious the sheild was broken. When I ran this test, each time I hit him with concussive strikes, no daze, short or long, occured whatsoever.

For my dazing strike test, I stood or ran in front of my freind and hit him while his sheild was up. This didn't daze him either.

Then I tried to stand inside his space then jumped straight up before hitting with dazing strike. Each time I tried this, it also failed to daze him.

My test wasn't as long as the ones you ran and were mostly stationary tests with as many varibles removed as possible.

When I fight in PVP, the vast majority of the time, these 2 dazes worked when they should and how they should but there has been some messyer moments in PVP where me and a GF are moving around a lot and I'm hitting when they have recently turned, hitting from really close from the side, ect. Sometimes this results in them being dazed. This always seemed like the result of lag, positioning grey areas, or the GF letting go of their sheild rather than the actual dazes though. Your videos seem to indicate what I was seeing was a little bit of both.

As for the courage breaker bugs, I am fully aware of the changing your movement to 0 bug, I have reported it several times and used to see it happen in some of my duels in icewind.

I do have 2 video requests for you:

#1) I want you to see if you can find a different concussive strikes bug I have only seen occur once. If you manage to find it, please report it. A long time ago, I was dueling a freind's TR and HR on my scoundrel TR. During one of those duels, I used bloodbath and concussive strikes procced multiple times from my bloodbath in under 5 seconds. I have since been unable to replicate it and I haven't seen it occur accidentally at any point since then either.

#2) I want you to repeat my simple tests and see if you can get the dazes to break your sheild that way.
    There really wasn't any lag at all in my videos as you can see, and if you think I purposely dropped my shield to lie about what happened in those videos or something then i'm sorry, you are mistaken. These videos are the truth and they are clearly all bugs. I wouldn't make a video to lie to the public. Nor would have I wasted almost a full day on testing.

It is like I have said, both the Hitbox of the shield, and how dazing performs. As well as the other bugged out feats like the scoun cap stone, and concussive.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

edited August 2018
    theguiido said:

There really wasn't any lag at all in my videos as you can see, and if you think I purposely dropped my shield to lie about what happened in those videos or something then i'm sorry, you are mistaken. These videos are the truth and they are clearly all bugs. I wouldn't make a video to lie to the public. Nor would have I wasted almost a full day on testing.

It is like I have said, both the Hitbox of the shield, and how dazing performs. As well as the other bugged out feats like the scoun cap stone, and concussive.

@theguiido, its not an accusation, I just explained my own observations and exactly what I tried when I ran my tests.

I have 2 requests for you in that post you quoted, you don't have to take me up on them but they would be good to have if you can find the time.

One was to see if you can find a different bug I can't seem to replicate and don't want left out there to potentially become a future problem. Even if I managed to find it, I would not be able to prove it unless I am also able to figure out and discibe the cause in a way that is easy for the devs to replicate. I have limited experiance using social media and don't know how to produce videos that are publicly visible, hence why I asked you to take a crack at it.

The second test I requested was to try and repeat my tests and see if you get different results than I did. I suspect those tests will turn up nothing, I'm guessing that the concussive strikes and dazing strike bugs require interacting with multiple variables to occur, if that is true, then it won't show up with my simple test but I figured it would be good to know for sure, It could just be I didn't run enough tests, I ran fewer than you did.

After talking to both you and one other freind who knew about these bugs, I'm thinking that the coding for HR interupts has some issues with it and is the source of the dazing bugs. Maybe that info will help devs fix it assuming they ever get around to it.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • gravitaas#4356 gravitaas Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    a few points to make here. look into why its the same ones playing, you q up for a match, you get thrown into a match that is practically over as they have booted either someone they don't like, or some low il player that is new. you sat in q for 20 mins for that. you q up you finally get in a match, only for it to be a huge ganking match, where ones are either after the kills for leader board status so they can see they got 999 kills and 0 deaths slight exaggeration but leader board status is what its all about there. so your whole team sits by the fire as its pointless even playing. so that's a wonderful waste of time when you just wanted a match. the manticore of mane debacle before it was supposedly fixed. that was just ridiculous all you numbskulls that went out and got that, seriously? this is what its like any new bugged thing these same ones that are the same ones that play pvp just on a stomping spree. the kicking feature is abused as most everything else is abused in pvp. i don't get to often play pvp, so if i q up for a match i want a match i haven't come on to waste my time with these rejects. is it fair on people to q up 3 times one after the other and each time be put in a match already over? i could go on all day with different points on this. but seriously look into why new people don't wish to start pvp they did try, but it is impossible, coming up against these ones, but t hey are the only ones playing it so any new maps that are made any changes you make from what these losers suggest will still never fix the problem of the toxic bullies and the exploitation of certain things available in the game that they gravitate towards to ruin it for the majority. you guys that do pvp all the time, you are the ones that have ruined it. i see training sessions organised by certain ones, what a laugh, thats the extent of trying to make pvp better, hows that working out, did it get any new people come, no its still the same ones over and over, you may as well not even bother until attitudes and fair play, maybe all you drop kicks should just organise your own matches and play against yourselves. oh thats right you already do.
    edited August 2018

a few points to make here. look into why its the same ones playing, you q up for a match, you get thrown into a match that is practically over as they have booted either someone they don't like, or some low il player that is new. you sat in q for 20 mins for that. you q up you finally get in a match, only for it to be a huge ganking match, where ones are either after the kills for leader board status so they can see they got 999 kills and 0 deaths slight exaggeration but leader board status is what its all about there. so your whole team sits by the fire as its pointless even playing. so that's a wonderful waste of time when you just wanted a match. the manticore of mane debacle before it was supposedly fixed. that was just ridiculous all you numbskulls that went out and got that, seriously? this is what its like any new bugged thing these same ones that are the same ones that play pvp just on a stomping spree. the kicking feature is abused as most everything else is abused in pvp. i don't get to often play pvp, so if i q up for a match i want a match i haven't come on to waste my time with these rejects. is it fair on people to q up 3 times one after the other and each time be put in a match already over? i could go on all day with different points on this. but seriously look into why new people don't wish to start pvp they did try, but it is impossible, coming up against these ones, but t hey are the only ones playing it so any new maps that are made any changes you make from what these losers suggest will still never fix the problem of the toxic bullies and the exploitation of certain things available in the game that they gravitate towards to ruin it for the majority. you guys that do pvp all the time, you are the ones that have ruined it. i see training sessions organised by certain ones, what a laugh, thats the extent of trying to make pvp better, hows that working out, did it get any new people come, no its still the same ones over and over, you may as well not even bother until attitudes and fair play, maybe all you drop kicks should just organise your own matches and play against yourselves. oh thats right you already do.

You are right, there is a small core of PVP`er left, I staretd PVP again 2 weeks ago to test it. 70% of the players in a dom match you face are well known. Some run a broken class and broken gear and slay 24/7 ...20:0, 21:0, 25:0, stating in the end "I won , not even trying to win". Maybe those ones should run an underpowered class to taste some real competition, my advice.
    Some abuse broken powers all the time and trashtalk legit player afterwards... there is allways a percantage of "scum player" or "peebrains" but I´d say they are the minority on PC.