test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ultimate Enchanting stone - cartel or lesser drop?

vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
hey, i wanna talk about price of Ultimate Enchanting stones. Needed for improving enchants from 13 to 14. Its literally almost only progress i can make in game. What is wrong with it? Its price is stable around 300 000 AD per one at AH. But it was 200 000 AD per one on AH not a long ago (before Jubilee). I am not participating in endgame content where it drop so i wanna know - it drop less then before so free market system logically sells for higher price or there is whales-big guilds cartel controlling its price on 300 000 and dont allow it to go back to 200 000? Since we have new refining limit 100 000 rad per account per day, its unbelievable hard to upgrading rank 13 enchants, it really hurt this a game in my opinion. Lets discuss, please.

Comments

• agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    There were few double gems events in a short time, so a huge supply because people ran a lot of tong/codg. Considering the next double gems is only early September, it is logical to see UE prices increase. But 300k was the norm before it crashed to 200 due to double events almost back to back.

I'm curious to know about your gameplay tho, you only need to improve to R14 (high-geared player then I guess), but you don't run the content that can drop it. You don't want it?
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    agilesto said:

There were few double gems events in a short time, so a huge supply because people ran a lot of tong/codg. Considering the next double gems is only early September, it is logical to see UE prices increase. But 300k was the norm before it crashed to 200 due to double events almost back to back.

I'm curious to know about your gameplay tho, you only need to improve to R14 (high-geared player then I guess), but you don't run the content that can drop it. You don't want it?

so you are saying its not worth playing CODG and RC unless there is double gems for manys? interesting. My gameplay is suited for my old laggy notebook and stubborn playstyle (not willing to change my favourite builds around new meta). Currently daily Ravenloft zone od HR, GF, DC (all 16k), two random ques, campaigning OP (but not enjoying much). Sitting on 6 millions RAD, which cant be refined. Not like situation when i need to play 10 days to only upgrade one enchant (3UES)
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    I wouldn't say it's not worth playing Codg unless there's a double event, since it's a short trial in a good group, and UE drop in about decent quantity. But surely there are way more people willing to run it, and spend legendary keys if they can drop double that amount :)
    During double events you'll also see people opening the Enchantement packs from lockboxes, earning double UE as well, but I suspect it's a lesser UE generation than tong/codg

As for CR, you don't run it for UE really. The dungeon is way more difficult and longer than a simple Tong, and what you search for the first 100 runs are the sunshard/sunset fragment (whatever it's called)
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    vinceent1 said:

hey, i wanna talk about price of Ultimate Enchanting stones. Needed for improving enchants from 13 to 14. Its literally almost only progress i can make in game. What is wrong with it? Its price is stable around 300 000 AD per one at AH. But it was 200 000 AD per one on AH not a long ago (before Jubilee). I am not participating in endgame content where it drop so i wanna know - it drop less then before so free market system logically sells for higher price or there is whales-big guilds cartel controlling its price on 300 000 and dont allow it to go back to 200 000? Since we have new refining limit 100 000 rad per account per day, its unbelievable hard to upgrading rank 13 enchants, it really hurt this a game in my opinion. Lets discuss, please.

Last night, when I checked (it was about 2 hours before your post), it was 255000 per. Price goes up and down.
    There is new content. People spend more time on new content. Less people will play older content. Hence, less supply.
    I personally would not pay that price to just move from 13 to 14. I expect the supply of UES will be cheaper one day as the supply of it be increased by the game. Yes, that can just be a dream but paying ~800K per for one rank up for one of many enchantments, well, I have many better places to put that resource into. Yes, it is just me.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I think you have some different circumstances here that are causing the increase. CoDG is by far the best place to run to get them. It has also had a lot of the people who run it now change to running CR. You get less of the UES drops in there and ToNG which could account for lower supply which would raise the prices. The people who also run CoDG a lot may not have as much of a reason to run it since they may already have their weapons/armor vivified/exalted. We also went through the purchasing events which some people used them to buy out the supply of the UES at that time. Give the market time and we will see where it moves. You might not see 200,000 AD UES again as when they get that low people will certainly start to buy them up in bulk.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • karec#6428 karec Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    vinceent1 said:

it drop less then before so free market system logically sells for higher price or there is whales-big guilds cartel controlling its price on 300 000 and dont allow it to go back to 200 000?

Release of mod 14 meant there is new content for people to do. Also, CR dungeon takes a lot longer to complete than CODG (especially the first couple of weeks when people were still learning). On top of that, based on my experience and others I run with, drop rates of UES in CR seems lower than CODG (just anecdotal evidence however).

Also, I think it has been a while since the last 2x refinement event (due to summer festival?). I remember 2x events closer together during mod 13.5.

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    vinceent1 said:

is whales-big guilds cartel controlling its price on 300 000 and dont allow it to go back to 200 000?

BTW, any guild or person doing this (buying large quantities of UES not for use, but just to prop up prices), they are in for huge losses because as soon as they stop buying and start selling, the prices would plummet. It simply doesn't make sense for anyone to do this.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    edited August 2018

vinceent1 said:

is whales-big guilds cartel controlling its price on 300 000 and dont allow it to go back to 200 000?

BTW, any guild or person doing this (buying large quantities of UES not for use, but just to prop up prices), they are in for huge losses because as soon as they stop buying and start selling, the prices would plummet. It simply doesn't make sense for anyone to do this.

If you pay attention to AH, they are already doing it for a long while. They buy low and sell theirs high. They are buying and selling at the same time. There is no 'stop' and 'start'. It is on going for years (not this particular item though).
    They do get burn once a while and usually it is when supply increases significantly/ demand decreases significantly.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited August 2018

They buy low and sell theirs high. They are buying and selling at the same time.

That happens all the time for various items, but those are intermittent and are just when someone sees an opportunity. Heck, I've done it before too. I'm referring to his suspicion of a guild propping up UES prices and keeping it artificially high (from 200k to 300k) for two straight months. That's quite different than opportunistic buying and selling.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Every account can earn 100K every day now (up from 36-72K for the majority of the accounts). That's three days for one UES. Should be no surprise the price hasn't dropped much in the AH.

If UES come only from lockboxes, then the limited supply can make it possible to manipulate the market. But for UES, anyone who can finish ToNG/CoDG/CR can get UES. So the supply is limited only by the number of people and runs. Pretty hard to go manipulate the market against that.