test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Buffa lost her Adventurer in Seven Suns Coster Market #9

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
I've seen her patience exhibited as she wait's hoping for them to return.

So SAD. I hope Buffa is united with them and there is a happy Story to this story of love & admiration as she waits...

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Yeah, those lost companions are quite annoying. If anyone on Xbox happens across a Chultan Tiger named Cheese Puff, he's mine. PC is usually a Shadow Demon with the unoriginal name of Gremlin.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    So sad.. Now Angel is waiting for her Adventurer as well in Protector's Enclave #18. :'(

Clearly they love their adventurer's a great deal cause the length of time they will remain hoping they return for them is truly shocking. :o
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    There's a frost mimic in the Grand Emporium in one of the PE instances. I haven't looked to see which one, though.
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    Sadly many of these abandoned companions have given up all hope and can now be seen jumping to their death in the nearest dungeon.

Maybe we should start posting pictures of them here so that they can be remembered by their adoring masters.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Solution: don't log out of the game ;) It's like if you have a pet at home and you leave for work for the day and they think you are gone for good and ever and wait at the door looking super sad and then you come back home and they greet you like they haven't seen you in forever.

Or, like my cat, who only does the "pathetic sad meow belly flop" when he hears my keys at the door :P

(but seriously, it's just pets not phasing out when their owners go elsewhere)
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I know it's just so sad yet loving testament to how much they eagerly await their adventurer's return...

I once saw one Companion waiting over a day or two while at Summer Festival on the same map where they left her. She'd flap her wings... then get a little rest... then wake and have a walk around... hoping maybe they returned during her short slumber.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Solution: don't log out of the game ;) It's like if you have a pet at home and you leave for work for the day and they think you are gone for good and ever and wait at the door looking super sad and then you come back home and they greet you like they haven't seen you in forever.

Or, like my cat, who only does the "pathetic sad meow belly flop" when he hears my keys at the door :P

(but seriously, it's just pets not phasing out when their owners go elsewhere)

they stay for days though. I remember in one event there was a lost pet that was in instance 38 for at least 1 week.
  • rowin4010rowin4010 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    I'd seen some hanging out in the VIP section of the Moonstone Mask and just assumed (at first) their masters were... busy... in one of the rooms there. After a day or two, I came to the conclusion they were remnants left when the player had logged off, and thought it an interesting gimmick that Cryptic had dreamed up.

But they can persist even when the player relogs. My DC had logged off from the sky mote in Pirate's Skyhold (where Captain Yargo is hiding near the docks) with her energon at the ready. On logging in one time, there was the companion... but it didn't show in the top-left corner of the screen as usual. Curious, I opened the NPC panel and saw that the companion needed to be summoned. On summoning, I found there were now two companions on-screen. The extra companion persisted (alongside the original) for at least two days before despawning. (I was working other toons so my DC didn't leave that spot for at least three days...)
    "I have never considered it polite to comment upon the ravings of the insane, nor profitable to engage in arguments with lunatics." - King Avallach (Taliesin - Stephen Lawhead)