test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Outdated Event Rewards

nzemeknzemek Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Am I the only one that looks at the rewards for the current event and think they are all worthless? Change my mind!

Comments

• cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    If the companion changes coming to the masquerade events are any indication, they might get slightly better in the coming months (skeleton / archmage getting boosted to +200/+200 power life steal at blue).
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    nzemek said:

Am I the only one that looks at the rewards for the current event and think they are all worthless? Change my mind!

Assuming you are talking about Challenge of the God event, I don't know because I have not opened any. I tend to collect them all from various characters and open all in one shot.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    nzemek said:

Well, one of the possible drops from the daily quest pack is a Forgehammer of Gond which even at green is something like 4Million AD on the AH. So not all worthless :)

• chidionchidion Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    It's not just the event rewards that in my opinion appear to be outdated, but skill node chest and dungeon/skirmish chests as well.

Probably worth it for new players who need potions, low level gear, etc. but for players who have already run the content - probably several times - opening the chests usually tend to be unrewarding and seldom even worth the time.

On one hand good for the newer players that need things - on the other hand sometimes tends to be an annoyance for seasoned players who don't find the content of those things rewarding enough to even consider opening them because it slows down their progress to the end.

I myself don't mind waiting for people to do their thing, but I see a lot of players get chided for stopping or slowing down to open chests.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    I always loot chests wherever I am. Never pass up free stuff.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited August 2018

the main reason events will be skipped is because cryptic is holding on to its "ITEM LEVEL" system and its making the stuff from events useless. If they are going to keep the item level system, then the events should give stuff that is not effected by it. That could mean more transformation stuff, clothing, dyes, maybe a better potion than exalted.

Example the challenge of the gods is out right now. What if you could earn an "elixer of the gods" which heals 50% of your hit points and its bound to character. Your right the events need new stuff, and it needs a tab to store it if you make it bound to character.

Personally I love the ticket vendor during summer event. Chance to win a legendary mount is always great. Why not expand that to other events, for other legendary things. The chance is so small yet people still try year after year.

It just might be me but I think another reason so many people skip events is because so many items are Bound to Character, or Bound to Account - even some items that weren't previously bound now are when purchased (Thrones during the Protector's Jubilee for example).

I mean look at the items that aren't bound to character or account, they appear in guild bank inventories, the are traded and given away to other accounts and some even appear in the auction house and are bought and sold long after the events are over.

When whoever it was decided to make more of these event items bound a lot of people, particularly people who have been playing Neverwinter for a while, I think stopped or seriously curtailed participating in those events... and a lot of newer players who didn't get item they wanted during the event wound up being just SOL because the only time they can get some of those items is during the event.

Another example are various transmute items, I've had several Summer festival transmute items in my shared bank for a couple of years now because they are bound to account. I don't personally find them appealing, most likely I will never use them, they sell at a merchant for a paltry 1 silver and 3 coppers and if turned to refinement points are only worth a more paltry 3 RP, so since I still have room for them they stay in the bank... who knows maybe some day I'll have a stroke or start using heavily mind altering drugs and suddenly find them appealing - :)

Same way with some event currency, a player can log on and run events as many times as they are able to and still not have sufficient currency to purchase the item they want and if the currency disappears a few days after the event is over they have to start all over the next time the event pops up, the certificates for the Protector's Garden access keys and various thrones during the Protector's Jubilee (once a year) is a good example.

Unless I'm mistaken the Protector's Figurines acquired during the Jubilee disappear after about 45 days.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    On the plus side - its free stuff

On the negative side = most of it is terrible

On the negative side = I keep trying these events and get frustrated by the end result - Must. Learn. To. Ignore.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The thing that makes Challenge worse than Tymora, Waukeen and Gond is that they don't require you to do anything to get the rewards. Challenge makes you jump through hoops to get the teward boxes, so opening them and getting vendor trash feels that much worse.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • rannxeroxxrannxeroxx Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    qexotic said:

nzemek said:

Well, one of the possible drops from the daily quest pack is a Forgehammer of Gond which even at green is something like 4Million AD on the AH. So not all worthless :)

That's like saying playing the lotto is worth it. I would not hold your breath for that hammer dropping.
    If I have a new toon rolled up, I will work to get a purple mount. The Winter fest is the most useful for fishing to get stuff to help out with your boons.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    nzemek said:

Outside of the Winter Festival I think your comment could aptly apply to pretty much every event right now (Summer Festival included). I'd rather run Random Dungeon queues for more consistent RAD and better loot.

That said - I expect the upcoming Days of the Dungeonmaster will have a lot more interest because of mod 14 and the added value that now exists for the Apocalypse Dagger artifact.

I am also hopeful that the update to the Halloween event will provide better loot potential.
    edited August 2018
    nzemek said:

Siege of Neverwinter offers every player a Siegebreaker Griffon (Equip Power: +1,000 Defense +1,000 Deflection
    Speed Power: Increases your movement speed by 110%) if they don't already have an Epic (purple) mount - or even if they are just in to collecting... a lot of players seem to think the Griffon is "worth it".

Most events also afford players an opportunity to get dyes, companions, rare gear and such - without having to purchase them. Some afford small amounts of AD, which is usually attractive to lower level players who don't or can't do a lot of random content.

Face it events are only worthless if they don't offer anything a particular player is interested in, so I doubt any of this "changes your mind", but as it turns out different players are interested in the rewards for different content so even if you may not be interested in some even items, there are probably plenty of other players who are.

I guess the simplest answer is, if anyone doesn't like an event - if they are not enticed to try for any of the drop possibilities - don't click on the "join" button.
    chidion said:

nzemek said:

Siege of Neverwinter offers every player a Siegebreaker Griffon (Equip Power: +1,000 Defense +1,000 Deflection
    Speed Power: Increases your movement speed by 110%) if they don't already have an Epic (purple) mount - or even if they are just in to collecting... a lot of players seem to think the Griffon is "worth it".

Most events also afford players an opportunity to get dyes, companions, rare gear and such - without having to purchase them. Some afford small amounts of AD, which is usually attractive to lower level players who don't or can't do a lot of random content.

Face it events are only worthless if they don't offer anything a particular player is interested in, so I doubt any of this "changes your mind", but as it turns out different players are interested in the rewards for different content so even if you may not be interested in some even items, there are probably plenty of other players who are.

I guess the simplest answer is, if anyone doesn't like an event - if they are not enticed to try for any of the drop possibilities - don't click on the "join" button.
    The purple mounts are about the only thing most of these events (outside winter fest) make them worth it. All the other stuff can be bought on the AD market pretty cheaply, with less work on the AD then work it would take in the event.

I actually enjoy The Siege. And fishing in the winter fest is worth the boon advancements and the gift exchange can gen up a lot of stuff.

edited August 2018

chidion said:

nzemek said:

The purple mounts are about the only thing most of these events (outside winter fest) make them worth it. All the other stuff can be bought on the AD market pretty cheaply, with less work on the AD then work it would take in the event.

I actually enjoy The Siege. And fishing in the winter fest is worth the boon advancements and the gift exchange can gen up a lot of stuff.

A lot of the people in my guild are lower level casual players who can't take the time from their real life responsibilities to repeatedly grind various areas for what they want or what they need, but during the Siege of Neverwinter or other events, they are out there battling mobs for voucher drops to contribute to the guild coffers, get better gear or different companions, so I wouldn't say the Siege Griffon or purple mounts are the ONLY thing that makes doing the Siege or other events worth it... unless you are speaking about your personal opinion of what is "worth it" and what isn't.

Also a lot of the event specific transmutes and awards (thrones from the Protector's Jubilee for example) are now character or account bound so finding a lot of those items in the Auction House, just doesn't happen anymore... Not to mention not everyone has the means or desire to buy what they want or need from the Auction House, they would rather earn them during the event if possible.

But different people tend to enjoy, or avoid different events depending on their personal opinion of those events, and what they can get from those events as it should be as far as I'm concerned.

But I also believe, particularly in some of the events where the drops, rewards and content hasn't seen any changes since their inception, some events could stand for a modest upgrade in a few areas.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    cdnbison said:

If the companion changes coming to the masquerade events are any indication, they might get slightly better in the coming months (skeleton / archmage getting boosted to +200/+200 power life steal at blue).

Frankly none of the +whatever amount of boost is worth anything for a companion, which is a shame because we never see or use any of these fantastic ones out there or ones that would fit well with your toon. Instead we see the same ones over and over again because they give us the end game boost we need. I get a lot of ones I would never use during the winter fest.

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User

cdnbison said:

Frankly none of the +whatever amount of boost is worth anything for a companion, which is a shame because we never see or use any of these fantastic ones out there or ones that would fit well with your toon. Instead we see the same ones over and over again because they give us the end game boost we need. I get a lot of ones I would never use during the winter fest.

Strange I thought it was +400/+400 similar to the Wandering Scarecrow at Rare. I think the +200 is cause the Skeleton start's at Uncommon with +200/+200. :)
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User

nzemek said:

Outside of the Winter Festival I think your comment could aptly apply to pretty much every event right now (Summer Festival included).
    Insert "Excuse me wtf" meme here, you include the Summer Festival on the worthless events? Are we talking about the same event, one of the 3 mains events i'm looking for in a NW year, with Winter and Jubilee?
    We talking about the event that gives you a free pig, and 2 free snails including one epic?
    We talking about the event that let you get stacks of P. Wards, and R7 2-3 stats enchants?
    We talking about the event that let you get hundreds of Stronghold boxes of influence for your double GM events, and free bells for guilds that need DF to progress?
    We talking about the event that gives you a decent chance to get an epic purple mount/artifact and an (abysmal) chance to get a legendary mount?

oO

• mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    agilesto said:

nzemek said:

Outside of the Winter Festival I think your comment could aptly apply to pretty much every event right now (Summer Festival included).
    Insert "Excuse me wtf" meme here, you include the Summer Festival on the worthless events? Are we talking about the same event, one of the 3 mains events i'm looking for in a NW year, with Winter and Jubilee?
    We talking about the event that gives you a free pig, and 2 free snails including one epic?
    We talking about the event that let you get stacks of P. Wards, and R7 2-3 stats enchants?
    We talking about the event that let you get hundreds of Stronghold boxes of influence for your double GM events, and free bells for guilds that need DF to progress?
    We talking about the event that gives you a decent chance to get an epic purple mount/artifact and an (abysmal) chance to get a legendary mount?

oO

This was the first Jubilee I participated in because I wasn't able to be online for the last one. It wasn't as fun as the Winterfest one, but still provided some useful items like you mentioned...for me, the P. Wards and some of the Jadeite to help top off some RP i needed. I didn't find out about the Stronghold boxes until a few days before the event was ending so that gives something to look forward to for next year if the guild isn't maxed out by then. I did think it was odd how the unbound P.Wards from this event wouldn't stack with the unbound ones I bought off the AH. Those were the first sold or used though, and still have some, just strange to take up 2 inventory slots.

Winterfest, Wonders of Gond and Jubilee are now my favorite events after finally trying them all.
    edited September 2018
    Different stokes for different folks...

I'm on the list for not appreciating the Summer Festival, but cannot fault anyone who enjoys it because every player has their own opinion of what constitutes "fun" in this game.

My complaint, if I were to have one, is that too many items are "bound" either to character or account... sorry, I don't care how many I get, I'm not riding a pig... nor am I interested in transmutes that look like farm implements - that's just me.

And since I can't trade, give away, sell, or even drop those items for refinement points, I've "disposed of" at least three pigs and I don't know how many farm implement transmutes that I've somehow randomly acquired... I definitely didn't choose them.

*I may not choose to run the Summer Festival, but if someone asks me to run it with them I usually do.

Then there are other "bound to character" duplicate items, on a couple of my characters I have multiple Redcap Powries, on a couple of other character I had multiple entertainers, (I was forced to dispose of multiples of them too). Prior to them I had multiple mounts of the same kind - ditto.

Since a player cannot equip more than one "unique item", and in many cases can't give them away, trade them to another characters even on the same account or sell them on the auction house, about the only option left is to dump them either by discarding them or selling them to a NW merchant for a very small fraction of what they're worth - which is pretty much the same thing in my opinion.

Too many items from festivals are bound to character and bound to account so now the festivals that offer prizes I'm not interested in, I just tend to avoid ... it would be different if I obtained items I could somehow trade, sell or transfer but it is what it is.

I really wish I could sell items I don't personally want on the auction house or at least exchange them into a merchant for near equivalent zen or trade bar credit, (not actual zen or trade bars), at least drop them for refinement points, but since I can't - I just keep avoiding events that offer items I'm not interested in or toss bound items from those events away like they're trash.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    chidion said:

Different stokes for different folks...

I'm on the list for not appreciating the Summer Festival, but cannot fault anyone who enjoys it because every player has their own opinion of what constitutes "fun" in this game.

My complaint, if I were to have one, is that too many items are "bound" either to character or account... sorry, I don't care how many I get, I'm not riding a pig... nor am I interested in transmutes that look like farm implements - that's just me.

And since I can't trade, give away, sell, or even drop those items for refinement points, I've "disposed of" at least three pigs and I don't know how many farm implement transmutes that I've somehow randomly acquired... I definitely didn't choose them.

*I may not choose to run the Summer Festival, but if someone asks me to run it with them I usually do.

Then there are other "bound to character" duplicate items, on a couple of my characters I have multiple Redcap Powries, on a couple of other character I had multiple entertainers, (I was forced to dispose of multiples of them too). Prior to them I had multiple mounts of the same kind - ditto.

Since a player cannot equip more than one "unique item", and in many cases can't give them away, trade them to another characters even on the same account or sell them on the auction house, about the only option left is to dump them either by discarding them or selling them to a NW merchant for a very small fraction of what they're worth - which is pretty much the same thing in my opinion.

Too many items from festivals are bound to character and bound to account so now the festivals that offer prizes I'm not interested in, I just tend to avoid ... it would be different if I obtained items I could somehow trade, sell or transfer but it is what it is.

I really wish I could sell items I don't personally want on the auction house or at least exchange them into a merchant for near equivalent zen or trade bar credit, (not actual zen or trade bars), at least drop them for refinement points, but since I can't - I just keep avoiding events that offer items I'm not interested in or toss bound items from those events away like they're trash.

This is quoted for truth. WAY too much stuff in general is Bound to Account or Character which makes it worthless once you have completed a festival etc
    There should be a way to determine if a player already has one of those unique items in their inventory.

We do have the "Your Collections" menu (Ctrl-J)…

What I would like to see is for any player who gets one of these items, the first one is "bound to character" and any subsequent drops of these identical items preferably "binds on equip" or at least "bound to account" instead of subsequent same items acquired also being bound to a character who can't use them or more reasonably dispose of them.

There is an artifact exchange merchant in Protector's Enclave where a player can exchange one artifact for another of equal value - why can't something like this be done for companions, mounts or other unique event items?