Comments

• guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    GF tactician Benefits:

YOUR Control Powers increase DMG to target by 10% for 3 seconds
    Marked targets do 10% less DMG to party members
    Allies gain AP 5% faster
    Allies with 30′ take 5% less DMG
    Adds an Additional 5% DMG buff to ITF
    Tide of Iron causes target to do 10% less DMG to YOU(All the party, the tooltip is misleading)
    Taking unguarded DMG increases group AP gain based on your DR
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Overall Benefits:
    (Credits go to Unstable Gorilla)
    "15% less DMG to the party

+5% DMG buff from ITF (+30% from regular ITF) + crushing pins = +45% dmg buff

+5% AP gain and increased AP gain when taking DMG (based on DR)

Now, let’s look at these numbers and there equivalent stat values:

15% less dmg = 15% DR = 6000 defense

We all should know that 1% DMG = 400 pwr so, ITF alone provides the equivalent of 14000 pwr and when we proc pins we add another 10% = 4000 pwr for a grand total of an 18000 pwr boost equivalent.

1% AP = 400 recovery so, 5% AP gain = 2000 recovery (not recharge speed though) + the benefits of Martial Mastery"
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    A lot of discussion subjects have been tackled at this thread:
    OP vs GF
    Tact Gf wanted in groups
    Gf party spot in general.

The thread is about Gf tact improvement and suggestions,but with out tackling and dealing with the other subjects,it is bound to fail.

In current meta ,Gf is a buffer or a failsafe tank when Op goes down (never).
    Clearly,GF, in his designed role,it is a second choise.
    This is a direct and indirect result of the nerf crusade initiated one year ago by a company of players.The nerf resulted,not only in his DPS but also in his tankiness.(VM nerf,Steel Defense nerf,LStrike nerf etc).
    At the same time the totally -by design- broken OP class was left untouched.This resulted in abysmall difference between the survivability of the two classes.
    It is the difference of the players behind the classes that keep them somewhat relevant,otherwise Gf would have gone extinct.
    I dont mean that OP players are bad: but they are mostly new to tanking while most of the remaining GF tanks are veterans of the game.I have seen veteran NW players to make a new Gf ,spend milions of AD gearing him,and then abandoning it for an OP class.
    I dont want to go into spesifics,for something the whole community knows:
    OP tanks through offense and damage done.In the current meta this results in millions of temp hp.
    As for buffs Op has a lot more at the same time ,with no casting or ICD: two auras ,flash of light,powershare .It has strong encounter buffs aswell: bane and CoP.
    Whatever happens with buffs to GF,if OP buffs do not get a nerf,Gf will remain a second choise.

As for "Group LF tact GF" thing ,it shoes nothing more than the lack of knowledge of the endgame community of NW,concerning Gf class.the difference in buffs between the three paths is nearly insignificant.
    I do however consider another choise ,that the community is afraid that a conq GF might be too squishy and wants to assure it self that GF will remain alive by asking a tact.Could be ,idk.

The third topic ,Gf party spot,is a mix of thoughtd touched in the previous two:
    OP kicked GF from being the first tank of NW ,Gf remains as buffer ,among other classes (MoF etc)

Last and least ,it was mentioned that Xbox players are way more skilled than the pc ones? I dont play as often as I did ,nor I check the various discord servers ,but it had eluded my attention any fact that would support this thesis.I have seen a tong orcus melt ,but this was a party joint effort and coordination and a good timing of the Gf,clearly.However from this ,to xbox players being better is like walking the distance between Alaska and South pole.A long one.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    While I mostly agree, still it seems to me that despite nerfs, a well built GF can tank any boss in the game. What would the hardest hitting boss be? I've taken Ras Nsi's 'Burn' on GF and while it hurt a lot, FR restored my health instantly.

That is not to say that OP isn't tankier, as I have done Tomb on that class more. It just that OP is easier but the millions of temp HP aren't necessary.

Ultimately, it is the OP buffs that people want. I have seen at least once definitive example where a party had a top tier GF TANK in the group and still looking for OP.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Improve Tactician by adding a damage bonus to Inspiring Leader, Rousing Speech and/or the Capstone.

Improve (aka bring back from extinction) Protector by making Protector capstone a single 20% (not 4x5% stacking) damage reduction debuff.
    Change Brawling Warrior feat to give 2.5/5/7.5/10/12.5% damage resistance to your party when he uses Knight’s Valor. Also, *double the threat generation of Enforced Threat and tab mark.

Edit: *Double the threat.
    Make the Protector an aggro monster.

Protector could be viable if it were the best pure tank in the game: the single highest threat generator/aggro holder with damage mitigation potential greater then all others.
    Post edited by dread4moor on
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    I agree if protector would be a pure tanker, it would be an interesting option. But he actually would have to give strong defensive support to the team, I am afraid that this isn't particularly needed, and other classes also have defensive support. Otherwise, such a tank would only be an option only for the newest dung, no one would need a tank on ETOS/CN etc. The combination of buff and tank seems to be the best alternative for combining dps with buffs. But tactician must be a better buff.
  • eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    Having a feat that would increase damage against marked targets or increase the parties damage as a buff would make it more of a tactician. Run speed is a valuable option or even reduced stamina costs. although I would prefer a change that made them scale better as u gear more. Maybe 15% of our stats or % recovery sharing Idk but something at least.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Which OP class was he talking about that was not nerfed. It sure was not the Oathbound Paladin. Most of our powers were hammered by the nerf bat about 2 years ago (give or take).
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    > @eclipseblood#1326 said:
    > Having a feat that would increase damage against marked targets or increase the parties damage as a buff would make it more of a tactician. Run speed is a valuable option or even reduced stamina costs. although I would prefer a change that made them scale better as u gear more. Maybe 15% of our stats or % recovery sharing Idk but something at least.

Mark once was a party shared 20% debuff, it got nerfed several mods ago as far as I remember.
    I run tong few month ago with a TR and my 16k Tact GF and my "no boon 12k OP" up to that spider room.
    The difference was more than significant, so only option is to run as conqueror setup to close that gap a bit, but honestly I would prefer a competitive tank/buff setup, also in terms comfort. It's indeed a bit painful to tank as a not maxed GF with a dps setup.
    Tactician same as protector need some buff if those trees should ever be equal to OP, the gap is pretty huge.
    I'm letting go. I don't want to play as DPS/BUFF so I leave my gf. I have only one main character that I play and after a few months im out. I will be happy to come back to play GF buff/tank when this character was important again. Now I feel a bit like a spammer, my task is mainly to run with the team and spam ITF.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Here is a thought, add to the capstone for Tac to increase ITF damage buff by 15%. Along with the feat in the Tac tree a pure Tac GF would provide 50% damage buff or increase the buff from the feat so that each point into it will increase ITF damage by 4% providing a 50% damage buff overall from ITF and make the feat one of the final feats in the Tac tree.

The problem is that the typical GF tact or prot there are few in the game. I don't expect the Dev they will be worried about these players.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

The problem is that the typical GF tact or prot there are few in the game. I don't expect the Dev they will be worried about these players.

... wut

Prot GFs, not so much since there's nothing a Prot does that a Tact doesn't do just as well in most circumstances, but almost every GF I know keeps a Tactician loadout handy because Tactician is really strong and highly valued, even if they switch back to Conq for solo/lowbie stuff.

The only GFs I know who *don't* keep a Tact loadout are the ones who insist they're only DPS, never a tank, and refuse to EVER switch away from their max-DPS build.

Tactician is INCREDIBLY POPULAR. It's in CONSTANT DEMAND. It's POWERFUL EVEN AT LOW IL. Your insistence that all three of these true things are not true is, to put it mildly, confusing to me.
  • eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    > @schietindebux said:
    > > @eclipseblood#1326 said:
    > > Having a feat that would increase damage against marked targets or increase the parties damage as a buff would make it more of a tactician. Run speed is a valuable option or even reduced stamina costs. although I would prefer a change that made them scale better as u gear more. Maybe 15% of our stats or % recovery sharing Idk but something at least.
    >
    >
    > Mark once was a party shared 20% debuff, it got nerfed several mods ago as far as I remember.
    > I run tong few month ago with a TR and my 16k Tact GF and my "no boon 12k OP" up to that spider room.
    > The difference was more than significant, so only option is to run as conqueror setup to close that gap a bit, but honestly I would prefer a competitive tank/buff setup, also in terms comfort. It's indeed a bit painful to tank as a not maxed GF with a dps setup.
    > Tactician same as protector need some buff if those trees should ever be equal to OP, the gap is pretty huge.
    >
    >

I meant more damage as part of the feat path in addition to the debuff, give tac more appeal. Maybe a reverse of the reckless attack, instead of buffing urself u buff ur parties damage up to 15% and marked targets getting a 10% damage debuff.
    The problem about a Tactitian buff at the current state of the game is, it will only lead to tank-tank-DC-DC setup in the end, wich is nothing I would enjoy.
    Atm OP GF 2xDC 1dps is all ready pretty popular.
    I think there should be a limit also in privat queue concerning the number of tanks same as heals, otherwise I have to mute all channels in PVE.
  • ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    I said it before in a different thread but gf tank/buff should have synergy with gwf, and when thinking how to better compete with op, for group buffing/tanking.
    im actually the gwf carry
    GF should be more useful for the whole team not only for gwf.
  • ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I didn't mean only with gwf, but when grouping with gwf the group benefits as a whole. sort of like two op groups can have four aura's with powershare/2xbane. there should be something similar with gf/gwf. to improve the situation with gf prot/tact tank vs the meta composition as is now without making them so singlehandedly overpowered but closing the gap to op.
    Post edited by ragequittingdc#8599 on
    im actually the gwf carry
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    My main problem with GF tactician/protector is that we are limited and new gear doesn't make us/our buffs better.

When we hit 95% DR we hit the glass ceiling. I have 16k recovery and pretty much can keep up ITF 24/7. Our buffs don't scale, they are fixed and that's why we are considered lesser to OP in the pecking order.

But what really bothers me is the inability to tank the endgame content with GF. I mean - tong is very painful, especially last fight where Ras Nsi shreds our DR with his debuff. If you lower your shield, the dot can kill you easily etc. Nowdays when you pick solotank for group - 99% of the time you get OP.

I adapted to the role of "buffer", but I really enjoyed playing a tank. I still can do this in a FBI or MSP dungeons, but for newer content I always run the full buff setup.
    Generally ITF is one of the worst skills, I don't mean quality but its level. The most powerful and useful gf skill it is also weak. You are wondering why? If in one day you start the game with GF and put in 70 lvl, you'll give with ITF the same buff as if you were playing + 2 years and have 20k IL. Mainly pt wants gf for ITF, but that ITF is very limited, which makes this skill weak. If they could took on TONG's people with 10k IL, it would turn out that he gives the same buff/debuff like GF tact with 20k IL. Other skills, after CS, they don't matter much for buff/debuff. Compared to DC/OP GF looks very poor. It is no wonder that many people are replacing in pt. GF for SW or HR with buff skills.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

The problem about a Tactitian buff at the current state of the game is, it will only lead to tank-tank-DC-DC setup in the end, wich is nothing I would enjoy.

Atm OP GF 2xDC 1dps is all ready pretty popular.

I think there should be a limit also in privat queue concerning the number of tanks same as heals, otherwise I have to mute all channels in PVE.

I already made a recommendation about enforcing only 1 of each type of role into q groups, with 2 of each role for 10 man and 5 for Tiamat.

The problem is the community does not want this and the devs tend to take into account how the overall community feels about various aspect of the game, including the current meta setup.

The thing is though, you don't need the meta to beat content. It just makes content a tad bit easier.

• lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    edited August 2018

Generally ITF is one of the worst skills, I don't mean quality but its level. The most powerful and useful gf skill it is also weak. You are wondering why? If in one day you start the game with GF and put in 70 lvl, you'll give with ITF the same buff as if you were playing + 2 years and have 20k IL. Mainly pt wants gf for ITF, but that ITF is very limited, which makes this skill weak. If they could took on TONG's people with 10k IL, it would turn out that he gives the same buff/debuff like GF tact with 20k IL. Other skills, after CS, they don't matter much for buff/debuff. Compared to DC/OP GF looks very poor. It is no wonder that many people are replacing in pt. GF for SW or HR with buff skills.

"This extremely powerful and useful skill that procs fast, has multiple benefits, and stacks with all other buffs is weak because you get to max it out early in your post-70 career" is not a reasonable complaint, my dude.

(Also it used to depend on stats, and that went.... poorly. For the monsters.)

Terrifying Insight doesn't depend on your stats. It's still one of the most powerful skills in the game, let alone in the DC class. Ditto Longstrider and HR. It's good to have some skills that are great because you have 4 levels in them and know how to use them, to complement the skills that are good because you've stacked a single stat to the roof.

I don´t think that ITF need any huge buff in terms of classbalance at the current state of the game as long as you don´t solve some other issues.
    It´s 35% (tactitian)+ dps, you got CP+mark, guess IV can double mark = 18-24% debuff, GF buffs staminagain and movement.
    In comparison templock got 20% capstone, 18% PoP buff and 10% debuff PoP, +25% from DT (<50% uptime) + speed buff and a small powerbuff.
    Both classes are pretty close to each other in terms of buffs debuffs, GF is far more tanky and can spend huge mitigationbuff (65%) on top, where templock spends a lot of healing.

Now if you go and buff tactitian with a let´s say 20% dps buff on top, there will only happen one thing... meta will switch to OP-GF-DC-dps-xy (2. DC in most cases).
    OP´s and DC´s buffs are out of whack since long, if a tact GF should become equal to OP you have to fix queues and block any kind of double tank, double DC setup once and for all.
    My striker allready has to run as a buffer, 4 out of 5 spots are dedicated to tanks and DC´s then.
    If GF is the best buffer in game after DC/OP, this game is gonna be noting than a bad joke and playerbase will definitely drop significant.
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I thought about how to improve GF tact or GF overall and I came up with idea that we don't need to rework the buffs we provide to the team. They are OK and solid.

What we do lack is the tankiness of the defender class. We are perfectly fine with content up to MSP. It starts bad from tong to CR. We are really bad at being solotanks. Overriding cc immunity in TONG, shredding DR during Ras Nsi fight or other mechanics are really bad for GF. Right now, if you want to run "endgame" content with one tank, 99% of the time people will invite OP cause it's just much better at tanking.

We need to get more surviving mechanics/features. Right now we are capped at 90% DR while OP can generate temp HP ad infinitum.
  • wielmozny#7639 wielmozny Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm afraid that GF doesn't care Dev. Gf is currently just average and I don't expect anyone to do anything about it. After mod 14 many things are bugged, many more will broke. Rather small chance that they will improve gf.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Overriding cc immunity in TONG

Hold shield and/or use VM for the PP.
    Turn away from the sneks.
    Dodge Orcus windblast.

shredding DR during Ras Nsi fight

don't stand in red AoE areas

Right now, if you want to run "endgame" content with one tank, 99% of the time people will invite OP cause it's just much better at tanking.

And it's not like OP has a class feature that makes up 15-30% on the non second class citizen DPS classes, or discount AC DC powershare, or has one button tanking that makes even the dumbest lfg Protection OP look like they can tank...

Right now we are capped at 90% DR while OP can generate temp HP ad infinitum.

80% damage resistance, because even if you have more than 80% after dealing with enemy RI, the game will artificially lower you to 80%. Also, damage resistance isn't exclusive to GF, OP can get that by simply holding Sanctuary, or everyone can get 80% DR by using Shepherd's Devotion.

The best GF gets is 80% damage reduction through shield, plus a few damage reducing debuffs (ex: Surging Tide).

edited August 2018
    I also think that the main reason why OP is wanted 99% of the time are buffs.
    Combine an OP and a dps and run the same dungeon with a your tact GF and that dps. Now you know how superior OP is.
    -> AoC, powerbuff, bane and AoW ... i´d say you will deal about double the dps with that OP by your side compared to that GF.
    Only solution is to go "dps-tank", but that´s allways a compromise to some degree.

Cryptic has given up since long to care about balance, no matter if you go PVP or PVE, the only solution is on players side.
    So run a TR (PVP+PVE top class) and an OP or DC in PVE , go fotm or simply accept your weakness.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Wasn't too long ago that OPs were crying because GF's were what ppl wanted in groups and no-one wanted an OP (i.e. after bubble nerf). Let them have their time in the sun I say. GFs are still in a very good place.

ITF definitely doesn't need buffing. Again, it wasn't too long ago that ppl were complaining it was too powerful. 35% increase is pretty good and you don't need any stats other than 4 points and the tact feat to get that. So its easy enough to get as well.

Some of these comments here are dumb imo. If you make GF a tank, awesome buffer and awesome/good DPS - then watch the river of tears that will reform and wash us all away.

Maybe my GF finds it harder to get a party than my DC (and all OPs) but it isn't that hard and atm playing GF is lots of fun (both solo and team play) with good variety.

this "buff me, nerf them" seems a bit "un GF" to me
    "GF a tank, awesome buffer and awesome/good DPS" but we talk about only buff or only tank or buff/tank. I have written this several times, the gf problem is that it is pretty good at all in everything some tank, some buff, some dps. But in reality it isn't sensational. OP is better tank and buff, dc is a better buff, gwf/tr/hr is a better dps. GF is only pretty good and still useful. But it is also easy to replace it pt.