test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weapon enchantment

deldrachdeldrach Member Posts: 178 Arc User
Hi everyone. I have a 15k prot/devo pally. I have recently made a unpar Frost and have considered it for my OP for end game content. I’m looking for an alternative to Fey for buff and dps because everyone seems to have one and well Pink is not a manly color. Lol.
So any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you all.

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    deldrach said:

well Pink is not a manly color. Lol.

I can get this.
    deldrach said:

I’m looking for an alternative to Fey for buff and dps because everyone seems to have one

How does the bolded part affect Feytouched in terms of DPS?

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    deldrach said:

Ok...I’ll humor you and answer your question...it appears most in a mixed party have a Feytouch enchantment. I want something different that is beneficial for parties for end game content. Thus my question to those that know and play a paladin, is a unparl Frost good for tanking and end game content?

Fey would actually be the stronger enchant for pure tanking, as its damage buff will increase the TempHP generated by Templar's Wrath (Vorpal and Dread do not do this, curiously). The bonus to the TempHP generation will only apply after you activate the Fey buff.

If you prefer to support your team through increasing their offense, Frost is not a bad option, though the uptime of the damage increasing debuff leaves much to be desired. Terror and Bronzewood are not bad options either.

• frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    deldrach said:

Pink is not a manly color.

You can now turn it off! :smiley: \o/

Frost should be okay. If you're looking for a debuff enchantment, anything should be fine, but try to not have any repeats in the group.
    FrozenFire
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Yeah, I think Terror is pretty good for OPs... RJC is the expert and he approves too :smiley:
    FrozenFire
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    I think a lotta OPs still use vorpal. Pvorp is still dirt cheap, it hits hard in endgame, and since you dont really need more tanking with TW how it is now (use once, get 483 billion temp HP, AFK the rest of the time)...
  • ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I've been using fey but I have a plaguefire and I would say it's really good as all of the common place encounters work with it(oath temp bane bl etc)
    im actually the gwf carry
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    How about Holy Avenger enchantment? I just leveled a OP up to 70 and was considering a Holy or Terror and I am kinda leaning more towards a holy.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    deldrach said:

Hi everyone. I have a 15k prot/devo pally. I have recently made a unpar Frost and have considered it for my OP for end game content. I’m looking for an alternative to Fey for buff and dps because everyone seems to have one and well Pink is not a manly color. Lol.

So any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you all.

I tried a Vorpal since my Pally has Thunderhead Armor Enchant and it's effect's are pretty cool. The Vorpal also has a cool almost lightning style in it's effect similar yet different than the Lightning Enchant's Wizard's used to use before they NERF'd it. A Paladin's can will a little focus get +70% critical chance depending what was your 2nd attribute you put your skill points in. Also since Pally's do a lot of damage with At-Wils like Radiant Strike (Shield Slam) AoE Vorpal can actually work very well, not to mention the added Critical Severity on Daily's. Pally's will never however be a real high damage class, but it will make keeping aggro a lot easier and drawing the attention away from the other DPS.

As an alternative I've recently also explored Holy Avenger which has a more Golden Color to it. The nicer thing about this Enchantment is that it does improve your Radiant Damage, yet I still believe I was doing more damage with the Vorpol… …still the Holy Avenger does also help improve allies damage resistance along with healing them regardless what Paragon you are.

The only other one I might consider is the new Enchantment from the Ravenloft dungeon. Some Pally's really like that cause the amount of damage and shield it offer's stack so many times. Still the Prominence aren't going to be a cheap option to consider as they are so new.
  • darthsutehk#4909 darthsutehk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Good Eveing what do you think of prominence weapon enchantment for OP'S?
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    Try plague, it deals shitton of dmg on top of debuffing, its almost as good as fey in terms of dps while also debuffing for the team. BL applies it really qickly for trash clear, and for boss fights its easy to keep it stacked. Solid 12% debuff with good on hit bonus. I think this is the best PvE enchant for OP.
  • darthsutehk#4909 darthsutehk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Thanks for the quick response. I'll give it a try, I also have a fey, flame besides prominence.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Imho, Bronzewood on an OP makes me smile. Can recommend.
    i think bronzewood has some bug going on that makes it better then its supposed to be, plague is everything you need in 1 enchant
    i pulled some old logs and in trash clear plague is around 15% of my dmg and it debuffs, on boses its around 10% + it debuffs, almost as good as fey for dps while also debuffing, solid choice.