test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Again huge lags

cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
What is wrong with this game! all time bugs and now huge lags. It's unplayable.

Comments

• undepartedundeparted Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Hi,

Twice throughout our t9 our gwf dced.
    We still managed to get it done and just as he dies, and the chests appear I get thrown off.

What the hamster is the point with all this maintenance, if you can’t even keep us connected in your game.

35 mins of the evening wasted, cause when you relog immediately after you spawn outside the dungeon and can’t reenter. Goodbye loot....

And no, I never have problems. Just this weekend seems to be an issue... And I know more people are on to try and get double ues. But the main problem seem to be no dedicated servers.
  • nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    People are still having connection issues on PC too.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • sianekasianeka Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Confirmed. My game won't let me in to any characters. Long "please wait" messages, then forced to relog in, due to timed out. Then... long waits again. Why?
  • graciemac2#9034 graciemac2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Can't log in either. Think there are problems with the server although status shows green. Going to try later. :-/
    2 Hours later and still having problems logging in. I am being told to check my internet or get in touch with support. Is there a link where I can check to see if the servers are up ok?
    Post edited by graciemac2#9034 on
    T9 runs taking advantage of the last 4 hours. Oh wait same problems as Saturday again now. All out over the game people can’t play, disconnects, lag spikes and rubber bands...
  • cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    I tried to reset the game, but now i can't log again.
    I have that info "Failed to talk to Cryptic servers for initial connection. Please try again"
  • bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Dced twice and now won't let me in game
    Same in Xbox no one can play atm.
    They need to extend this event. Was unplayable on Saturday as well...
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    i'm starting to think some of their servers are in a failing stage closer to death than they probably think. Software updates aren't gonna fix hardware issues and can sometimes even cause a failure. This game really puts a computer to work hard on they playing end so i can only imagine how hard the servers have to work to keep up with the clients they serve.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    cant even play.
  • cooljinxcooljinx Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Yeah, so much for "connectivity issue has been resolved" - NOT. I rubberband all over the place and get disconnected every 2 minutes or so. It was better on weekend after the major collapse but I'd say it all came back today. The tracert to patchserver is full of * starting from:

10 * 262 ms 261 ms 96-87-8-114-static.hfc.comcastbusiness.net [96.87.8.114]
    11 * 355 ms * border3.ae1-bbnet1.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.7]
    12 266 ms * * perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.61.78]
    13 * 264 ms * 198.49.243.250
    14 * * * Request timed out.
    15 259 ms 258 ms * 208.95.184.200
    16 273 ms 257 ms 258 ms 208.95.184.200
  • juniorpowerjuniorpower Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    SO there are huge lag spikes happening looks like on all Neverwinter shards. I keep getting rubberband lag and have restarted my Game 3 times, Troubleshoot my Wifi to be on the safe side and still i get rubberband. I suspect either a previous patch is causing this or its a DoS / DDoS attack causing these issues

All we can do is be patient and hope that whatever the issue is will be resolved soon!
  • battbootbattboot Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Same here it’s getting to be a recurring theme
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Hello,

Merged several threads in one.

We sent a mail to Cryptic to report this issue.

Thank you for your patience!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    at this point we really can't expect them to get a problem fixed instantly. we need to understand that it takes some time to find the problem and start doing what it takes to fix it. We all have things we would rather be doing in the game than waiting for the problem to get resolved....but sh*t happens. Just be glad it isn't your computer or anything on your end...yet.
    Update: Cryptic is now investigating.
    Percemer
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • dragonsbloodsdragonsbloods Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    percemer said:

Update: Cryptic is now investigating.

Thank you for the speedy feedback, updates are always very much appreciated.

For anyone else's benefit, I switched my launcher to US server - EU server was already at max I think because I couldnt connect on that. However, even on this server, lag is substantial, so the maximum I can manage is simple admin stuff, no combat. At least I could enter the game to see what state it is in. Knowing this is probably a repeat of saturday's episode, it could well be that the 'team' are already knowing the probable cause.

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Yup, today it's effectively unplayable. Interesting to pray and collect professions, wait about 5 minutes, and have all the them collect at the same time while getting invocation prizes too.
  • ravnmajereravnmajere Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same here. Game has been unplayable for the last 2 hours now...
  • iainusiainus Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Yep, in the UK and it's like Friday and Saturday all over again - lag, disconnects, SERIOUS rubberbanding - like, I was in The Well of Dragons doing the Demonic Closure just over the north bridge and got pushed back almost to camp.
  • psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    getting error trying to patch the launcher. 'Unable to establish connection to patch server' can't launch game

edit: typo
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Merged several threads on this issue and moved to the Peer-to-peer Tech Support as it's probably the best central place as this is affecting all 3 platforms at this time. The devs are aware and investigating the issues. I have no further updates at this time.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    Update: Cryptic has made some changes. The situation should be better now.
    Pleast let us know if you still have issues.
    Percemer
    ----------
  • vassey1vassey1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    No. Nothing changed. Still cant Login.
This discussion has been closed.